Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cajun Coast Search And Rescue Team Heading To Kentucky To Help Find Savannah Spurlock

On Monday the Cajun Coast Search & Rescue Team out of Louisiana plans to head to the Commonwealth.

They are a specialized K-9 unit that works on missing persons cases all over the United States. They recently were involved in the high-profile search for Kentucky woman Emily Wade. She disappeared in Ennis, Texas and her body was later found in a creek.

“We train hard. All of our dogs are certified now. We are constantly attending schools, and that is a major key to our success,” said Tony Wade, Cajun Coast Search & Rescue Team Commander. He is not related to Emily Wade.

He says they also rely heavily on volunteers in their searches.

They will post updates on their Facebook page, if you’d like to volunteer in their search for Savannah: click here.

I do judge her but I don't bring it here. I also try not to judge people that think she "should have been home".
I very much appreciate your honesty! I can't imagine being a mother & not wondering about this behavior... from what I can find, her twins were born on Dec 19 & her DUI was on Dec 21? And yes, as someone who has lost a family member to a drunk driver, I do judge her on that. But, no one deserves to meet with foul play, regardless of his or her continued reckless behavior...

Man, she’s getting some major judgment...even as she’s missing! It’s like the fact that she’s missing has become secondary to all the judgments. That’s really really depressing.

I didn’t go to the cops after my brutal rape. I also didn’t tell anyone for years. I’d been at a bar and had my drinks drugged. I was TERRIFIED of getting my name and career decimated because of being judged on being a woman in a bar who had a few drinks, wore a miniskirt, etc etc. I have paid a steep price in decades of severe PTSD, when just talking to someone could have eased my burden a bit. I have faced that judgment even now, even within my family. The 2 men who raped me didn’t pay. I was terrorized by 1 of them. All in secret because of the same painful type of judgments Savannah is getting. 2 rapists have went free for decades because I KNEW I’d be blamed and persecuted....for my own rape! Idk what happened to Savannah, but I DO know this crass trash judgment needs to stop. She’s a victim, ffs! If we as a society EVER want people to come forward about abuse, attacks, etc, we have to start seeing them as the victims they are. I hate that her family sees all this hateful judgment, when they are in pain not knowing what’s happened to her. To think it’s played into her case being downplayed is despicable and horrific. Savannah is a human being.

All JMO and experience.
I am so very sorry for all that you have gone through since your rape. No one deserves this, male or female, young or old. That is a trauma that lasts a lifetime for many victims. Even those who did speak out when it first happened still suffer years later from it, so please don't beat yourself up because you didn't talk about it when it happened. I am just grateful that you survived!

Personally, I don't know just yet if she is a victim of anything or if maybe she just couldn't cope with motherhood. She is young, only 22, just gave birth to twins- that is overwhelming for any new mom, especially with two other little ones. I also read she had a DUI or is that information incorrect? Maybe she is just overwhelmed, her hormones are fluctuating (I am sure many of us mothers will nod their head when I say, it is so hard to recover from childbirth, especially if you have them close in age- so exhausting!) and just hopefully walked away for awhile, trying to sort things out.

I truly hope she is ok, I really hate the thoughts of her going out to have some fun for a night turning into something sinister happening to her. If she did indeed walk out of the house that night, where would she have gone by herself?

It's frightening that there is no sightings of her since that video. Prayers for Savannah to be found safe and sound soon.

I very much appreciate your honesty! I can't imagine being a mother & not wondering about this behavior... from what I can find, her twins were born on Dec 19 & her DUI was on Dec 21? And yes, as someone who has lost a family member to a drunk driver, I do judge her on that. But, no one deserves to meet with foul play, regardless of his or her continued reckless behavior...
2 days after their birth? Dear whoever, this young mom needed help! Poor woman, poor babies? Where was her support? Her base? Her foundation? I am sooo terrified for her now! I was scared before...but oh, my, twins and out 2 nights later. Not judging her, judging the people around her!

Last edited:
2 days after their birth? Dear whoever, this young mom needed help! Poor woman, poor babies? Where was her support? Her base? Her foundation? I am sooo terrified for her now! I was scared before...but oh, my, my twins and out 2 nights later. Not judging her, judging the people around her!
But how can we judge the people around her when it's possible that they weren't aware of her behavior after the birth of the babies? She might have acted fine and nothing stood out to anyone. Did she tell anyone about her DUI? I know many people arrested for it try not to tell their family members, as they are embarrassed about it.

She went to a bar after a new baby and has other kids. She left the bar with guys.

There’s actually lots of women who do this. And men.

Surely you can see the difference between going to a bar with a new baby at home as a rare treat, and doing this somewhat regularly, right? Like these babies were fresh out of the oven and she got a DUI, and then was seriously intoxicated during this outing if I remember correctly. Yes, lots of parents have a night out but there seems to be a concerning pattern of poor decisions here.

I would absolutely judge a dad out getting DUI’s and getting drunk regularly with a newborn at home. That doesn’t mean anyone deserves to be a crime victim or that they deserved to have something awful happen. I just pray she isn’t hurt or worse, and has a chance to turn it all around. I wish she will be found and can get home to her kids.

Is trafficking something that happens in that area?

The earlier DUI really does change the tone of it, that’s alot of drinking and running into trouble for a new mother of twins and/or a mother of 4 no matter how you shake it. My preggo best friend would say every time I saw her that she couldn’t wait for a glass of wine. Then when she had one after the birth, intending to pump and dump it made her bonkers drunk. Low tolerance. Maybe she was drinking away mom stress and drinking her feelings. We’ve all done it.

But how can we judge the people around her when it's possible that they weren't aware of her behavior after the birth of the babies? She might have acted fine and nothing stood out to anyone. Did she tell anyone about her DUI? I know many people arrested for it try not to tell their family members, as they are embarrassed about it.
You are apsolutely right, I suffered postpartum for about 48hours after returning home from the hospital with my beloved son. I know 48 hours, no big deal, those 48 hours lasted forever for me. I am ashamed to even mention it here, but still...
The longest 48 hours of my life!

Surely you can see the difference between going to a bar with a new baby at home as a rare treat, and doing this somewhat regularly, right? Like these babies were fresh out of the oven and she got a DUI, and then was seriously intoxicated during this outing if I remember correctly. Yes, lots of parents have a night out but there seems to be a concerning pattern of poor decisions here.

I would absolutely judge a dad out getting DUI’s and getting drunk regularly with a newborn at home. That doesn’t mean anyone deserves to be a crime victim or that they deserved to have something awful happen. I just pray she isn’t hurt or worse, and has a chance to turn it all around. I wish she will be found and can get home to her kids.

Is trafficking something that happens in that area?

Most of us were all young once and made bad choices. Part of being young.

Luckily we weren’t plastered all over the internet.

I hope she’s found safe too.

It isn’t so much whether they knew about the DUI, it is that she was out and about at all, instead of home with her babies. Nobody thought that was weird? What car did she take out drinking when she went missing? I assume hers was impounded and she was told not to drive until court? Did the babies get to come home with her? Did she have custody of them?

You’re right.

Thinking if she just gave birth 2 days before, she may have gotten the DUI from medication not necessarily alcohol. She probably just would have been released from the hospital right? I'm not excusing driving under the influence of anything that impairs you, but maybe she ran out to the store for something, not necessarily went to bar and got drunk. IDK JMO

Thinking if she just gave birth 2 days before, she may have gotten the DUI from medication not necessarily alcohol. She probably just would have been released from the hospital right? I'm not excusing driving under the influence of anything that impairs you, but maybe she ran out to the store for something, not necessarily went to bar and got drunk. IDK JMO

True.

I knew with my daughter-in-law. Her baby, my granddaughter, screamed nonstop and she would not even look up or acknowledge her. My sons and her religion did not recognize postpartum depression. I finally called her Dr. at 6 weeks.

I’m not sure where that information was but her babies weren’t born on 12/19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benjysmom