KY KY - Shively, WhtFem 20-40, UP74, distinctive narrow nose, Jul'05

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m reading a book, “Smooth Operator”, about serial killer Glen Edward Rogers. I came across something that caught my attention but I can’t find any information about her. Hopefully someone here will have better luck.

There is only one sentence referencing this and it is mentioned after his arrest in KY and pertaining to possible links to other states and cases.

“Directly across the Ohio River from Cincinnati, police in Covington, Kentucky, also pulled out their files on the July 1994 disappearance of forty-year-old Diane Washington, to give them a close look for any possible links to Rogers.”

I thought of this Doe. I can’t find any information on her disappearance online and in newspaper archives. The book was published over 2 decades ago, so maybe she’s simply not missing anymore??

I’m reading a book, “Smooth Operator”, about serial killer Glen Edward Rogers. I came across something that caught my attention but I can’t find any information about her. Hopefully someone here will have better luck.

There is only one sentence referencing this and it is mentioned after his arrest in KY and pertaining to possible links to other states and cases.

“Directly across the Ohio River from Cincinnati, police in Covington, Kentucky, also pulled out their files on the July 1994 disappearance of forty-year-old Diane Washington, to give them a close look for any possible links to Rogers.”

I thought of this Doe. I can’t find any information on her disappearance online and in newspaper archives. The book was published over 2 decades ago, so maybe she’s simply not missing anymore??

The only real way to find out would be to call the Covington PD to see if she is still missing.

The book got her last name wrong. Her name was Diane Marguerite Washer. There's quite a bit on newspapers.com. She was found deceased. Only some of her bones were recovered. I attached part of an article. The rest is here: 12 Dec 1998, Page 20 - The Cincinnati Enquirer at Newspapers.com

More can be found online where a subscription is not required, including this:
LARRY RAY FREEMAN v. COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY

Link to second attachment: 11 Dec 1994, Page 77 - The Cincinnati Enquirer at Newspapers.com

Attachments

• The_Cincinnati_Enquirer_Sat__Dec_12__1998_.jpg
    The_Cincinnati_Enquirer_Sat__Dec_12__1998_.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Washer, Diane.JPG
    Washer, Diane.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
The book got her last name wrong. Her name was Diane Marguerite Washer. There's quite a bit on newspapers.com. She was found deceased. Only some of her bones were recovered. I attached part of an article. The rest is here: 12 Dec 1998, Page 20 - The Cincinnati Enquirer at Newspapers.com

More can be found online where a subscription is not required, including this:
LARRY RAY FREEMAN v. COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY

Link to second attachment: 11 Dec 1994, Page 77 - The Cincinnati Enquirer at Newspapers.com
Yes, excellent work! Thanks for finding out about her. May she rest in peace.

Is this Jane Doe on someone's fgg radar?
@othram would this be a case for you? I would love for this person to go home.

Shively Jane Doe's NamUs page has been modified on 1/25/23
Two more rule outs have been added
102 rule outs/exclusions

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP9574
Anna Zirkle
Date of Last Contact February 01, 1997
State OH
County Franklin
Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP36994
Lynn Cunningham
Date of Last Contact February 01, 2002
State OH
County Medina

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for this Jane Doe? I would greatly appreciate it.

Othram is now on the case: Who is Jefferson County Jane Doe (2005)?. We are crowdfunding this case so please share the link with folks and help spread the word.

Time to name another Doe!
1690113046735.png
''In July 2005, partial skeletal remains were located as a construction company was clearing a lot in the 3600 block of Seventh Street Road in the City of Shively, a suburb of Louisville, Kentucky. Investigators determined that the remains belonged to a Caucasian female between the ages of twenty and forty years old. Investigators suspect that the death could be a homicide. The woman was estimated to be 5’2” in height and her weight was unknown. Several short hairs were recovered, leading investigators to believe the woman had straight brown hair. However, it is possible that the color represented the woman’s root color only. The woman’s nose was described as “distinctively narrow.” No clothing or other identifying items were found near the crime scene.

In June 2007, details of the unidentified person case were entered into the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) as case number #UP74. To help generate leads for the woman's identity, a forensic artist rendering was created in 2009. Since the discovery of the unknown woman’s body, more than 100 women have been ruled out as the victim. Despite continuous efforts by law enforcement to identify the woman, no leads have yielded a match to identity.

In 2023, the Shively Police Department partnered with Othram to generate new leads in the case using advanced DNA technology and forensic genetic genealogy. Anyone with information that could aid in the investigation is encouraged to contact the Shively Police Department by calling 502-448-6181 and referencing agency case number FA-2005-41 or NamUs ID #UP74.''

I was unable to find a thread for this Jane Doe, I did find where she was mentioned in this thread on Dail here SC - SC - Dail Dinwiddie, 23, Columbia, 24 Sep 1992

So here is Jane's info: 530UFKY
Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on July 22, 2005 in Shively, Jefferson County, Kentucky
Estimated Date of Death: 2 - 15 years
Cause of Death: Homicide
partial Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 20-40 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2"-5'4".
Distinguishing Characteristics: Three small hairs found near the body lead officials to believe she had straight brown hair, but that might only have been a root color. Distinctive, narrow nose.
Dentals: Available
DNA: Available in FBI NMPDD

Case History
The victim was located as a construction company was clearing a lot in the 3600 Block of Seventh Street Road in Shively, Kentucky on July 22, 2005. The lot once had an old ice-cream supply house and then a junkyard that has since been cleared.
Detectives said a year of research and tips from the scene led to the conclusion that her death was a homicide. Her body was purposely laid in a way to be hidden and her hands and body position indicate foul play.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Kentucky Medical Examiner Office
Emily Craig
502-564-4545 x 223
Email
OR
Jefferson County Coroner's Office
502-574-6262

Agency Case Number: FA-2005-41
NCIC Number: U-280016921

Here is a strong match, Lisa Shuttleworth (Ws thread here:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=3477530 )
Her info here: Leak nudes
Name:Lisa Shuttleworth
Race: White
Height:5'3"
Weight:102
Hair:Brown
Eyes:Blue
Description:

On September 4, about 7:15AM, Shuttleworths 14-year-old daughter spoke with her mother by telephone from a friends home. The individual was scheduled to pick up her son from the bus stop Thursday afternoon, but never showed up.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of this individual is asked to contact the Aiken County Sheriffs Office: (800) 922-9709

More of timeline from link above:
Shuttleworth's teenage daughter was spending the night at a friend's home on September 3, 2003. She called her mother at her Aiken, South Carolina home and they spoke at 7:00 a.m. on September 4. About an hour later, an acquaintance saw Shuttleworth in her blue/green 1994 Ponitiac Grand Am at the Pit Stop convenience store on Pine Log Road in Aiken. She appeared to be reading as she sat in her idling car, which she had borrowed from a friend. Shuttleworth called her friend at 10:00 a.m. and told him she was expecting a guest. She was supposed to pick up her son from a bus stop that afternoon, but did not. She has never been heard from again, and all phone calls after 10:00 a.m. went unanswered.
Shuttleworth was divorced in 2003 and has two children. She is a graduate of Midland Valley High School and had work experience in bookkeeping and secretarial duties. She was unemployed at the time of her disappearance; her last job was managing Jerico's, a private club on Belvedere-Clearwater Road. She took nothing with her but her purse when she disappeared, leaving her car behind and her home on Miller Street locked with tea on the stove.

Shuttleworth's parents believe she was abducted from outside her home, and police suspect foul play was involved in her disappearance. It is uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning or to abandon her children, who are now in the care of their maternal grandparents. Shuttleworth's case remains unsolved.

It's about 560 miles from Aiken,SC to Shively,KY possibly, driven in about 6 to 8hrs..... Very likely in my opinion... It's very disheartening to think that this is what may have happened to Ms. Shuttleworth, but, she disappeared 5 1/2 years ago.
What's ya'lls opinion?
Side by side: Jane Doe on left, Lisa on right
im lisa shuttleworth son ryan how do i submit dna? how can i talk to dr craig?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip
Back