Kyle Clifford: Wanted in connection with triple murder in Bushey, 3 women murdered in home, 9th July 2024 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Being locked in a cage like a rabid animal
is fate worse than death IMO.

And to think he brought it all upon himself by himself :oops:

For a young man fixated on power and control
Fate couldn't be more fair
sentencing this creature
to lifetime of being dependent on mercy of others.

JMO

<modsnip> What do others think? All the time and huge expense of a trial plus precious nhs resources wasted on this person
Only for him to end up with a cushy life in jail and possibly even get released early as we have seen happen recently JMO
He won't be released early. He'll almost certainly get a whole life order.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>. What do others think? All the time and huge expense of a trial plus precious nhs resources wasted on this person
Only for him to end up with a cushy life in jail and possibly even get released early as we have seen happen recently JMO
Yes. I think this was the act of someone who enjoys inflicting terror and fear on other people. Worse than psychopaths who may lack empathy, I think this was one of those acts that was so heinous it almost defies belief. If the universe had taken this perpetrator I think the world would have been better off. I think he is likely to go on and seek vulnerable victims in prison and continue to cause harm as long as he can. MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we don't know yet if there's going to be a trial as he's only recently been charged and had his initial appearances in magistrates and crown court and therefore hasn't entered pleas yet.

Also there is no way he would be eligible for anything resembling the 'early release' scheme as murder carries a mandatory life sentence.
I do not share the same trust as you do. Having read about the pilot who killed his wife up for parole and violent criminals released and reoffending and many un-tagged that should be. (UK) JMO I realise this topic is sliding over to other cases

One of the criteria for a whole life order is "murder of two or more persons, involving a substantial degree of premeditation, abduction of the victim, or sexual or sadistic conduct".

I'd say he qualifies on three of those grounds.

One of the criteria for a whole life order is "murder of two or more persons, involving a substantial degree of premeditation, abduction of the victim, or sexual or sadistic conduct".

I'd say he qualifies on three of those grounds.
Possibly. Whole life orders are still very rare even for multiple murders. Ian Huntley didn't get one for example. Only around about 70 people are presently serving whole life orders - less than 1% of murder convictions result in them.

It is a very public multiple murder with aggravating factors, so I'd not be shocked if he got one, but I'd not be shocked if he didn't either.

Possibly. Whole life orders are still very rare even for multiple murders. Ian Huntley didn't get one for example. Only around about 70 people are presently serving whole life orders - less than 1% of murder convictions result in them.

It is a very public multiple murder with aggravating factors, so I'd not be shocked if he got one, but I'd not be shocked if he didn't either.

Hopefully he will get at least 40 plus years.

ADMIN NOTE:

Remember, this case is in the UK and therefore it is sub judice.

We can not state something regarding the guilt or innocence of the accused. IOW, we can not state an allegation as fact, i.e. we can't say "He did this or that". We can say "It is alleged the accused did this ..."

Sub Judice 101:

Sub judice is in effect from the time of arrest and throughout the judicial process:

Please stick to discussing the trial content without posting anything that violates the following principles:

Basically anything that may prejudice the accused’s right to a fair trial
Any suggestion, opinion, or direct accusation that the accused is either guilty OR innocent
(i.e. the accused cannot be called "the killer". Instead use "the accused", "the alleged killer", or "the defendant")
A defendant’s previous history of any offences is off limits
Scandalizing the court (disparaging judges, lawyers, any officer of the Court) is off limits
Broadcasting anything about proceedings which happen in the jury's absence is off limits
Any non compliance with an Order of the court is off limits

In the event of an Appeal subsequent to verdict:

Appeals are usually heard by senior judges who are not likely to be influenced by the media, therefore responsible comment is usually considered acceptable once a trial has concluded, regardless of if there is going to be an appeal.

Reference: UK Contempt of Court Act 1981

Whole life tariffs weren't really a thing in 2002. The minimum tariffs for multiple murders have been raised considerably over the past 20 years.

I would absolutely bet on him getting a whole life order. I really don't think life in jail will be 'cushy' for him either, especially not after paralysing himself. I think he'll be very frustrated that he didn't kill himself.
In one way I'd rather he had died but I'm also glad he didn't get away with it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisa0457
Back