Kyron Horman Case Review #1: Thread #1: LE Press Conference & Release: June 5 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder, with the "isolated incident" coming in so early, if it is possible that Kyron had once before "gone missing" for a very short time, and Terri "found" him, and it was never reported but Desiree and Kaine knew about it...maybe as some sort of bid for attention from Terri or after a fight with Kaine...and this was told to LE that first day? It just seems that the family was all too prepared to not only believe Terri was involved but that Kyron would be found soon.

I wonder,though, if KH and DH wouldn't have mentioned this in one of their media interviews ?

All JMO

I wonder,though, if KH and DH wouldn't have mentioned this in one of their media interviews ?

All JMO

Unless this is the real reason Terri is being looked at so strongly and LE is holding this back? It would certainly keep them from being able to clear her. Whether she did do anything this time or not, having something like this behind her would make her #1 and maybe even keep her from being able to pass a polygraph.

Unless this is the real reason Terri is being looked at so strongly and LE is holding this back? It would certainly keep them from being able to clear her. Whether she did do anything this time or not, having something like this behind her would make her #1 and maybe even keep her from being able to pass a polygraph.

Interesting,yes... But, I can vaguely remember that this question was asked at the very beginning. And I seem to remember that * someone * in the family said he hadn't ever gone missing before. However, because I have no links, I will call this an *unsubstantiated rumor*...

All JMO

"The goal is to look for new information, information that now has more meaning to us than it did earlier, and document it here, so let's stay focused! If we want to discuss possible meanings of what we find, let's do it in one of the discussion threads, so we can stay focused on our fact finding mission here." <snipped>

This is just a reminder to those coming in that this is not a general discussion thread. Please review the first post.

This post is landing at random and is not addressing any other posts in particular. :)

I wonder, with the "isolated incident" coming in so early, if it is possible that Kyron had once before "gone missing" for a very short time, and Terri "found" him, and it was never reported but Desiree and Kaine knew about it...maybe as some sort of bid for attention from Terri or after a fight with Kaine...and this was told to LE that first day? It just seems that the family was all too prepared to not only believe Terri was involved but that Kyron would be found soon.

For me, sitting here in Chicago, isolated case means 'we've ruled out sex offenders' and have our target. moo

Two of the most recent cases in Illinois of children being raped and murdered, LE quickly told the community and judgmental America that they were 'isolated cases' and for the community not to be concerned.

In both cases a sex offender/sexual predator/stranger abduction was ruled out very early on. That issue became part of the eventual lawsuit.

Both cases LE were wrong, completely wrong. Both cases were the work of sex offenders and not the fathers.

Desiree maybe, but not Kaine. He's made it clear that he suspected nothing until LE told him about the alleged MFH plot.

In the Nightline or Dateline interview (sorry I always get those two show names confused) it was clear that Desiree and Tony were suspicious starting just a few days in. I do think they were putting bugs of all sorts in LE's ear, but not Kaine.

For me, sitting here in Chicago, isolated case means 'we've ruled out sex offenders' and have our target. moo

Two of the most recent cases in Illinois of children being raped and murdered, LE quickly told the community and judgmental America that they were 'isolated cases' and for the community not to be concerned.

In both cases a sex offender/sexual predator/stranger abduction was ruled out very early on. That issue became part of the eventual lawsuit.

Both cases LE were wrong, completely wrong. Both cases were the work of sex offenders and not the fathers.

My understanding is that isolated case means not part of a pattern, not a serial offender. That wouldn't rule out sex offender. Every sex offender has their first time.

Gates was asked if the family was out searching. His answer was "We haven't had the family out in the field with us". Then he says something to the effect they have someone with them constantly. That firstly is interesting to me, because it sounds like they LE didn't want them to go out searching. Secondly, when we were first going over this case in the original thread, someone who worked at a convenience store near the school, posted here that Kyron's brother came into her store and said he was searching for Kyron. I will see if I can find her post to verify when that was.

ETA Here it is, posted by animefemme:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - #17

This is fact: Saturday morning at about 10:00 am, a teenager came up to our lobby gal and asked where he could find the energy drinks; he was wearing a Kyron t-shirt. She pointed him in the right direction, and then remarked on his shirt, shared her sadness about the case, and asked if he knew Kyron personally. "Yeah," he replied, "he's my brother." The young man set off on his way, presumably in search of the energy drinks, and vanished (no pun intended)...I don't know if he found or purchased them after the fact, but nobody remembered ringing him up or where he went. I'm implying nothing, just sharing a story.

I was curious about the date on Saturday morning. In case anyone else was: this was June 5, the day after Kyron was reported missing.

ETA: The post made me think it sounded like June 5. However the post was made on 6-16. So possibly the sighting could have been on June 12.

My understanding is that isolated case means not part of a pattern, not a serial offender. That wouldn't rule out sex offender. Every sex offender has their first time.

I'm not fully understanding the distinction.... However, IMO LE might have said this to stop panic in the area, after all what would be the alternative ? ... All JMO

I was curious about the date on Saturday morning. In case anyone else was: this was June 5, the day after Kyron was reported missing.

ETA: The post made me think it sounded like June 5. However the post was made on 6-16. So possibly the sighting could have been on June 12.

If he was wearing a Kyron T Shirt, then he had plenty of time to get to Portland. Sounds to me like it was June 12th. If they had Tshirts made up that quickly, that would be curious in itself, wouldn't it?

HOWEVER, these are not stated facts and don't belong on this thread. Sorry!

Yes, I think the poster was referring to Saturday June 12, when talking about seeing the teenager with the Kyron Missing T Shirt.

June 5 news article:

Robb Cowie, Portland Public Schools communications director, said school officials were asked by law enforcement not to comment on any details because it might impede the investigation.

He said not all elementary schools use the automated call system that notifies parents when children are marked absent. He did not know whether Skyline used it.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/search_for_missing_portland_bo.html

I agree Bean E. I was answering from being in Illinois.

Part of the lawsuit Kevin Fox won against Will County/LE is that LE referred to 'isolated case' and ruled out possible sex offenders very early on.

The one and only suspect was Kevin Fox. The judge in the case thought it was ridiculous and that fact was added to the conclusion LE framed Kevin. He won millions.

ETA: in other words, LE didn't interview nearby RSO because they determined Kevin was the perp. There was no investigating beyond Kevin.

If he was wearing a Kyron T Shirt, then he had plenty of time to get to Portland. Sounds to me like it was June 12th. If they had Tshirts made up that quickly, that would be curious in itself, wouldn't it?

HOWEVER, these are not stated facts and don't belong on this thread. Sorry!

I think you are right. Back when animefemme first posted that we all thought she was referring to June 5 because she went on to talk about the surveillance tapes. They couldn't have had the T-shirts printed by then. It is a fact that she saw one of Ky's brothers (unless you don't believe her for some reason). But I think the date was probably Sat. June 12, as there is no way a T-shirt could have already been printed. I left a visitor message on her profile to see if she can clear this up for us. But I think you're right based on this fact here:

Sunday, June 6

8.58 a.m. Terri Moulton Horman posts on Facebook to say she has ordered missing-person fliers: "I ordered 1000 fliers, they will be coming to our house. I will let people know when they are here and we can go from there. Thank you everyone."

"Portland police initially responded to the missing-person call, using search dogs throughout the school and also searching on the school roof, said Multnomah County sheriff's Capt. Jason Gates, the incident commander. The search was turned over later Friday to the sheriff's office, as the school is not within the city limits."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/search_for_missing_portland_bo.html

Thank you for this information. I realize that this thread is a case review, and I hope it is appropriate to ask here :

Does anyone know if/when cadaver dogs were taken into Skyline Elementary ? I have searched around,but could not find this information.... TIA

All JMO

June 5 news article:

"He's not real adventurous," she said. "He's a little timid. But if a friend wanted to go outside and look at something, he would follow the friend. He has a friend who he regularly gets in trouble with in the classroom because he talks too much."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

Wow... where do you find these links ??? This is very interesting news ; I did not know about this...

All JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710
Back