Kyron Horman's general discussion thread - 2015/2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She comes across as quite sympathetic in that interview but it's all about her, not about finding Kyron No one understood how much she did for Kyron, how much she loved him, no one understands how much she suffers missing her children, no one asked the right questions.

I went and bought the magazine. There's nothing new in it that those who followed closely haven't already heard, except perhaps that she has thyroid problems. That may explain some of her bizarre and impulsive behaviors, although those weren't discussed in the article.

I've thought before, and still believe, that she doesn't know what happened to Kyron.

She comes across as quite sympathetic in that interview but it's all about her, not about finding Kyron No one understood how much she did for Kyron, how much she loved him, no one understands how much she suffers missing her children, no one asked the right questions.

The article was about her, and was written by People magazine and not Terri Horman, though. It's not like she wrote it herself. There are several quotes in the article that indicate she misses him and loved him, and believes someone kidnapped him from the school and will believe until proven otherwise that he's still alive somewhere.

You can't really blame her that the article People wrote is about her.

I can't really get angry about the article focusing on Terri. It's a story about a woman who claims she was falsely accused. It's not an investigative article about Kyron's disappearance. Also, why is Desiree allowed to directly imply all over the media that Terri is a child murderer but Terri can't defend herself? The reason why People Magazine gave Terri an opportunity to tell her side is because of how much she's been accused in the media and by the parents of the victim over the past almost six years. Lots of people can say they are falsely accused...they aren't getting on the cover of People magazine. I understand why Desiree would not stay quiet if she thinks someone killed her son and is getting away with it...but all the accusations over the years is why Terri has media interest in her story. I hate to say it but Desiree and Kaine's media campaign over the last six years lead the groundwork for her to get an exclusive deal with ABC/People.

The article was about her, and was written by People magazine and not Terri Horman, though. It's not like she wrote it herself. There are several quotes in the article that indicate she misses him and loved him, and believes someone kidnapped him from the school and will believe until proven otherwise that he's still alive somewhere.

You can't really blame her that the article People wrote is about her.

I was referring to the video interview. It's her speaking.

I was referring to the video interview. It's her speaking.

None of us know what all was edited out. Certainly, the interview would have been MUCH longer than the couple snippets shown.

Every feature story has an "angle". This is Terri Horman's story. In all this sad case, everyone else has been listened to, and has had their story told except Terri Horman. She hasn't been allowed to speak, and up til now she hasn't wanted to. People has chosen that angle, to tell the story as it relates to Terri.

She didn't edit it the interview herself. Anything specific to Kyron, or the investigation, don't further the editor's focus for the article.

You can hate her for having fears and pains and expressing them, I guess.

I don't see where I said I hate her.
She hasn't been allowed to speak,

This is rubbish. No one's preventing her from speaking. Her attorneys may be advising her not to.

Her attorneys may well have advised her not to speak, in fact, that's very likely. That falls under the category of "she hasn't been allowed to speak". Her story hasn't been told, until now.

That's her choice, not a question of being allowed. I'm sure there have been reporters begging her to speak before now, in addition to the police and the parents begging her to speak.

We're splitting hairs really, really fine here. I don't believe - although I could be wrong - that many news outlets wanted to sit with her quietly and listen to her side of the story. There were certainly reporters shouting "where's Kyron" at her, the few times she went out in public.

If your attorney tells you not to speak, you're "not allowed' to speak. "Not allowed" isn't a legal term. It's a reality in her life.

And now, I'm kind of done splitting the hair any finer. There are those who are really angry that anyone wants to hear or publish her side of the story, and those people can decide not to purchase the magazine.

I don't believe - although I could be wrong - that many news outlets wanted to sit with her quietly and listen to her side of the story

Well I think you're wrong, I think she could have scored an exclusive interview anytime she wanted to. The first time Terri Horman speaks publicly would have been a scoop, no matter what.

A quick googling gave me plenty of old links in which she was asked for an interview but declined.

For instance, she could have had a spot on Dr Phil in 2013 if she wanted to:

Statement from Terri's Attorney

Terri Horman declined to be interviewed, but her attorney, Steve Houze, provided this statement:

"I am writing in reply to your email requesting an interview with my client, Ms. Horman. Because there is a pending legal matter, the ethical rules of our profession do not permit party, or counsel, to such a pending matter to make public comments on the merits of the matter.”

Has she fired the attorney or did the ethical rules that up until now prevented her from making public comments change?

Last May the sheriff issued a statement saying that the grand jury was still reviewing relevant testimony. I didn't find anything since then.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-push-to-find-kyron-horman-ore-boy-missing-almost-five-years/

I would love more information on this GJ. The GJ has been reviewing the case for at least five years. The members of a GJ (7 in total) changes every month, so how many GJs have reviewed this case since 2010? I find it very hard to believe that not one GJ will say there's enough for an indictment---so my guess is that prosecutors aren't confident and don't want to go forward with an indictment. Maybe they continue to show the case to a GJ so they can claim it's not cold? I'm starting to think this GJ thing is a facade.

In Oregon, each county sets up its own grand jury system. In Multnomah County, for example, seven citizens are elected at random from a regular jury pool, and appointed as grand jurors.

Grand jury service is for approximately one month.

http://courts.oregon.gov/Multnomah/General_Info/Jury_Service/pages/grandjury.aspx

I wouldn't have thought that a cold case gets a monthly dusting in a grand jury if there's no new testimony but I don't know how it works.

I have a really bad feeling that Terri had nothing to do with it and that they have been barking up the wrong tree and Kyrons trail is long cold.
I think Terri is a less than stellar person and I don't really like her but I have wondered since the beginning if they just were looking in the wrong place.

I just want them to find Kyron. I want his mom to have answers and I would love nothing more than for them to find Kyron alive somewhere like Jaycee.

I would LOVE for them to find Kyron alive.
Hopefully he wouldn't have been through too much trauma...
but I dream that they one day find him alive.
I still look at kids that resemble him and do a double take to see if I should call someone.

If they find him alive and Terri had nothing to do with his disappearance?
I will write her an apology letter myself. Promise. :twocents:

I wouldn't have thought that a cold case gets a monthly dusting in a grand jury if there's no new testimony but I don't know how it works.

There are way too many cases in a county of almost 800k people for me to think that the case is getting reviewed on a monthly basis. My guess is that they send it to the GJ around the anniversary so when the media asks what the status is, they don't have to call it a cold case. The whole thing is so different from any other case I've ever seen---normally the case is sent to a GJ, the GJ reviews it for a short period of time, and an indictment is issued. None of this "Oh, they are still looking in it!" BS over a 5+ year period. I really think it is just to give the public the false idea that an indictment is coming ~any day now...there's such so much to review!....but unless there's a major development, that's not happening.

None of us know what all was edited out. Certainly, the interview would have been MUCH longer than the couple snippets shown.

Every feature story has an "angle". This is Terri Horman's story. In all this sad case, everyone else has been listened to, and has had their story told except Terri Horman. She hasn't been allowed to speak, and up til now she hasn't wanted to. People has chosen that angle, to tell the story as it relates to Terri.

She didn't edit it the interview herself. Anything specific to Kyron, or the investigation, don't further the editor's focus for the article.

You can hate her for having fears and pains and expressing them, I guess.

Of course Terri has been "allowed to speak." Certainly her lawyer has advised her not to speak, and she would be foolish not to consider his advise. But she is in control of her choices. A lawyer's advice is not a mandate.
She and her supporters have stated repeatedly through the years that she knew Kyron best, she spent more time with him than anyone else, she was a better parent to him than anyone else, she did more for him, she loved him even more than his bio mom.

But she only talked to LE and "told them all she knew" for a little over 3 weeks. 3 weeks out of the 200+ weeks he's been missing. I find it hard to believe that in all that time after she stopped talking, that she never woke up and night with a thought about someone that paid attention to him...was looking at him strangely...someone who was angry at her or Kaine or Kyron; someone she had noticed at the school or in the community that she, in retrospect, was now suspcious of. She supposedly knew him best and spent the most time with him, but after only several hours of talking to LE about him,she never thought of anything else that could be helpful? Not once did she ever think of something else to tell LE that might be helpful to find her beloved son?

That doesn't ring true to me.

I've followed the case closely from the beginning. At first, I did not believe she had anything to do with it. But after almost 6 years of reading, thinking, watching, and using my own judgement and life experience, I believe she is guilty of his disappearance.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member