Kyron Horman's general discussion thread - 2015/2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's a liar.
She can talk to People magazine but not the police?
OK...

RBBM: BINGO ... Exactly !

Terri knows she can't fool the police or act like she is a "victim" with the police ...

But she certainly acted like SHE was the "victim" in this interview with People magazine ... :gaah:

:seeya:

I'm thinking she might be writing (or already written) a book on how horrible it is to be falsely accused. The girl needs money. Ain't nobody going to hire her.
This may all the be first stop of her publicity tour.
And I hate to say it, but you know Dr Phil would pay big money to have her on his show

RBBM: :gaah: I think you are onto something here ... and we know how much Phil paid the A's for their lies on his show!

And IF this the first stop on her publicity tour, I hope it is her LAST !

:seeya:

I just watched her interview and I have to say I really think they may have made a big mistake...

I feel like They may have missed the boat..

Respectfully, this is what I believe:

IF it walks like a duck ... and swims like a duck ... and quacks like a duck ...

IT's a duck !

I do not believe that LE made a mistake on this one -- they know Terri did it ... but what I think is missing in Kyron's case is some "physical evidence" that leads to Terri.

JMO and :moo:

I found it interesting that Desiree mentioned Terri's GPS pings. I don't think we have heard about that little tidbit before, have we?

:seeya: I'm glad you mentioned this -- the GPS pings -- because I don't recall this little tidbit of info either.

Oh Desiree, please tell us some more info !

:loveyou:

Well at least I know on this site I won't be banned from posting or liking just for having a difference of opinion, like I have on one of the kyron fb pages. I am nobody's sock puppet. I have my own opinions, and that is that I don't have all the facts, and that there are many facts that only LE knows, so until I do I am neutral. I am not going to go around bashing someone just because I feel they could be involved. Is it more important to bash someone or find Kyron? What will help the case more? I have become so disgusted by the nastiness of this case it's really turning me off. In one of the most recent missing kid cases Noah Chamberlin, the same thing happened. Everyone suspects, but remember what goes around can come around, so someday you might end up in that hot seat. I do feel that LE tends to put on its side blinders, and focus too much on a particular person.

Just recently there was a man that tried to grab a little girl in portland from the nanny, and a national guardsman stopped him and held him till the police arrived, as it turns out he apparently has some mental health issues. Now imagine nobody was around and helped stopped him, and no one was around witness this, what if this kid was just playing somewhere like a park when he did this, who do you think they would blame? Who do you think would be the number one suspect if that kid disappeared with no witnesses to back up the nanny's story? Who's life would they ruin?

We have no idea what happened to Kyron, it could be a similar situation, of someone with a mental health issue, maybe someone who lost a child recently, and saw a child that looked just like him. Just to give you an idea of some crazy thoughts...maybe the person is very religious and felt that her child had risen because he is Jesus. It's not probable, but surely not impossible when dealing with the mentally ill.

In my opinion TH's personality is questionable, but I also feel she did more for that child than anyone else did prior to his disappearance for many many years, did she do it with love the whole way? I don't know, but at least she stepped up and pitched in. I know many stepmoms that wouldn't. I would hope she was not involved, but I don't have all this supposed evidence and witness testimony sitting in front of me. I don't want to base all my judgement on hearsay accusations. The court requires some type of evidence in addition to hearsay, to prevent people from being falsely convicted of a crime they did not commit. Personally if I was cooperating, and someone tried to set me up with a murder for hire sting, that would be it, and I would not cooperate further.

Now it seems strange to me that she moved in October, and it took them about 3 months to discover this, and for it to hit the newspapers, so my question is why did they all the sudden just discover that she had moved? Did they go looking for her for some reason? I listened to an article that was consulting an attorney on why she might be giving interviews, and his response was that usually the attorney prevents them from doing them, so the other reason may be that her attorney is on a fishing expedition to try and figure something out. Maybe her attorney wanted to know why the sudden interest in her recent move after being gone for 3 months. I have also noticed some strange wording by Desiree in her latest interviews and responses that make me go hmmm thats weird, so you see when you look deep everyones wording can be picked at. So here I am still looking for Kyron, because that's all that's important to me, they can sort all that out after.

There are thousands of people sitting in jail right now who would claim to be falsely accused. Every crime story that hits the news has someone who would say they are falsely accused. How is her story "different" or "compelling" or "special" enough for a book deal?

I don't think Terri has a big enough name, a compelling enough story, or enough people who think she's innocent to get a book deal. If very few people with an interest in the case think you're innocent, who is going to read your book? Are people who think you're a child killer going to want to hear you go on and on about how you've been accused in the media?

She has been able to get the People, plus other article and interviews. We all keep discussing this. If she appeared on Dr Phil, we'd all watch and discuss. Anybody can write a book, you just got to find a publisher.
Thanks for the smackdown, but it's still MOO

I can't really get angry about the article focusing on Terri. It's a story about a woman who claims she was falsely accused. It's not an investigative article about Kyron's disappearance. Also, why is Desiree allowed to directly imply all over the media that Terri is a child murderer but Terri can't defend herself? The reason why People Magazine gave Terri an opportunity to tell her side is because of how much she's been accused in the media and by the parents of the victim over the past almost six years. Lots of people can say they are falsely accused...they aren't getting on the cover of People magazine. I understand why Desiree would not stay quiet if she thinks someone killed her son and is getting away with it...but all the accusations over the years is why Terri has media interest in her story. I hate to say it but Desiree and Kaine's media campaign over the last six years lead the groundwork for her to get an exclusive deal with ABC/People.

I agree with you. :confused

There are thousands of people sitting in jail right now who would claim to be falsely accused. Every crime story that hits the news has someone who would say they are falsely accused. How is her story "different" or "compelling" or "special" enough for a book deal?

I don't think Terri has a big enough name, a compelling enough story, or enough people who think she's innocent to get a book deal. If very few people with an interest in the case think you're innocent, who is going to read your book? Are people who think you're a child killer going to want to hear you go on and on about how you've been accused in the media?

Well, she's not sitting in jail nor has she even been formally accused. There was apparently a grand jury hearing, and if they true billed her we never heard about it and it was 6 years ago with no action taken by the courts. What's the point of having a GJ hearing if you plan to ignore their "true bill"? Points to a "no bill" finding, IMHO although we don't know.

I think this story is extremely compelling, when you think about it. A child is taken to school on science fair day and then disappears leaving behind his backpack and jacket hung in the classroom, before class started. 6 years down the road no one knows where he is. Add to the backdrop a woman with mental health/personality issues, an angry biomom, a broken hearted dad who continued to sign his son up for soccer and purchase school supplies, the story is extremely compelling. That's why after 6 years People did an article on her. Because it piques curiosity.

And I doubt "very few people" think she's innocent. The "guilties" are always more virulent online, and she's not all that likable a person. Those who think she's innocent don't have any real ax to grind - she's not been accused, much less convicted, and she's not all that likable. What's to get up in arms about if you believe she's innocent? Except, of course, there is someone out there who did this and might strike again.

Well, she's not sitting in jail nor has she even been formally accused. There was apparently a grand jury hearing, and if they true billed her we never heard about it and it was 6 years ago with no action taken by the courts. What's the point of having a GJ hearing if you plan to ignore their "true bill"? Points to a "no bill" finding, IMHO although we don't know.

I think this story is extremely compelling, when you think about it. A child is taken to school on science fair day and then disappears leaving behind his backpack and jacket hung in the classroom, before class started. 6 years down the road no one knows where he is. Add to the backdrop a woman with mental health/personality issues, an angry biomom, a broken hearted dad who continued to sign his son up for soccer and purchase school supplies, the story is extremely compelling. That's why after 6 years People did an article on her. Because it piques curiosity.

And I doubt "very few people" think she's innocent. The "guilties" are always more virulent online, and she's not all that likable a person. Those who think she's innocent don't have any real ax to grind - she's not been accused, much less convicted, and she's not all that likable. What's to get up in arms about if you believe she's innocent? Except, of course, there is someone out there who did this and might strike again.

The case is compelling...Terri's story is not. There are a lot of people out there who have committed sensational crimes; it doesn't mean that people want to read their side of the story. If they arrest someone else for Kyron's disappearance, then she might have a story to tell, but that hasn't happened. If Terri is innocent, all she knows is she dropped Kyron off at school, and someone abducted him. It means she knows nothing about what happened after Kyron went missing. A book would just be focused on Terri's life after Kyron went missing. A book from someone investigating Kyron's case would be a lot more compelling IMO than a book by Terri.

If you look at the articles that People published on their website about their exclusive, you will see that the first article published on Terri's interview got almost 300 comments. The six subsequent articles got less than 50. So I do think people wanted to hear what Terri had to say but when they realized that it contained no new info about Kyron's case, and it was just Terri complaining, they lost interest.

She has been able to get the People, plus other article and interviews. We all keep discussing this. If she appeared on Dr Phil, we'd all watch and discuss. Anybody can write a book, you just got to find a publisher.
Thanks for the smackdown, but it's still MOO

Yes she has gotten interviews with national media outlets but it's a lot more common for people involved in true crime cases to get the opportunity to speak with a national media outlet than it is for them to get a book deal. Terri's exclusive didn't even make the full cover of People. Her name is not even on the cover. The biggest headline is "Boy Missing Five Years". That is what the customer's eye is drawn to before they even see Kyron's name underneath it. People is not relying on Terri to sell their magazine, so why would a publisher rely on Terri to sell a book?

The case is compelling...Terri's story is not. There are a lot of people out there who have committed sensational crimes; it doesn't mean that people want to read their side of the story. If they arrest someone else for Kyron's disappearance, then she might have a story to tell, but that hasn't happened. If Terri is innocent, all she knows is she dropped Kyron off at school, and someone abducted him. It means she knows nothing about what happened after Kyron went missing. A book would just be focused on Terri's life after Kyron went missing. A book from someone investigating Kyron's case would be a lot more compelling IMO than a book by Terri.

If you look at the articles that People published on their website about their exclusive, you will see that the first article published on Terri's interview got almost 300 comments. The six subsequent articles got less than 50. So I do think people wanted to hear what Terri had to say but when they realized that it contained no new info about Kyron's case, and it was just Terri complaining, they lost interest.

A book could be focused on how the American public is a bit crazy now, inserting themselves into stories they have no personal interest in, or knowledge about, through the internet. I'm gravely concerned about the American public who are sitting behind their computers (which I am, too) and participating in the lives of people who are in horrible pain and loss, and blaming them and causing them to not be able to live peacefully.

It's one thing if the person is clearly guilty.

It's another if someone at a computer screen has decided - without evidence - that someone is guilty and they're begging for GPS evidence, that they don't have, to confirm what they believe to be true without evidence. All the while making someone's life further unbearable - after losing their stepson, their husband, and their daughter.

And it's actually just your opinion - against People magazine's - that Terri's story is not compelling.

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as WE are" - Anais Nin

A book could be focused on how the American public is a bit crazy now, inserting themselves into stories they have no personal interest in, or knowledge about, through the internet. I'm gravely concerned about the American public who are sitting behind their computers (which I am, too) and participating in the lives of people who are in horrible pain and loss, and blaming them and causing them to not be able to live peacefully.

It's one thing if the person is clearly guilty.

It's another if someone at a computer screen has decided - without evidence - that someone is guilty and they're begging for GPS evidence, that they don't have, to confirm what they believe to be true without evidence. All the while making someone's life further unbearable - after losing their stepson, their husband, and their daughter.

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as WE are" - Anais Nin

A book that looks into the impact of social media and the Internet on true crime would be very interesting. If the author wanted to interview Terri for the book, go ahead, but I don't think she's the one who should be writing it. You can say there's no evidence but Terri has not been cleared, exonerated, acquitted....and I think something along those lines needs to happen before most people don't just see you as another guilty person complaining. Then the person writing the book can say, "People called me guilty but I was cleared" or "They arrested someone else"....Right now all Terri can say is "I haven't been arrested" and there are a lot of guilty people out there who have never been arrested.

IMO...LE needs to clear Terri, someone else gets arrested for Kyron's disappearance, Terri sues Desiree and Kaine or a media outlet for defamation and wins, or the GJ proceedings for this case end with no indictment...for Terri to be looked at differently than any other suspect in a case that claims to be innocent. She needs some sort of legal win.

A book that looks into the impact of social media and the Internet on true crime would be very interesting. If the author wanted to interview Terri for the book, go ahead, but I don't think she's the one who should be writing it. You can say there's no evidence but Terri has not been cleared, exonerated, acquitted....and I think something along those lines needs to happen before most people don't just see you as another guilty person complaining. Then the person writing the book can say, "People called me guilty but I was cleared" or "They arrested someone else"....Right now all Terri can say is "I haven't been arrested" and there are a lot of guilty people out there who have never been arrested.

IMO...LE needs to clear Terri, someone else gets arrested for Kyron's disappearance, Terri sues Desiree and Kaine or a media outlet for defamation and wins, or the GJ proceedings for this case end with no indictment...for Terri to be looked at differently than any other suspect in a case that claims to be innocent. She needs some sort of legal win.

I completely understand what you're saying, but I think all the things you state make the case more intriguing, and thus, a better market for a book. This case is in complete stalemate. We don't know what evidence there is for/against Terri, we don't know what the GJ determined, we don't know what the GPS evidence is. It's in the public's lack of knowledge of this case that the intrigue ferments. And continues. For 6 years.

I completely understand what you're saying, but I think all the things you state make the case more intriguing, and thus, a better market for a book. This case is in complete stalemate. We don't know what evidence there is for/against Terri, we don't know what the GJ determined, we don't know what the GPS evidence is. It's in the public's lack of knowledge of this case that the intrigue ferments. And continues. For 6 years.

Yes I think a book by someone who worked on the case officially, or investigating it on their own, would be very interesting. I just don't think a book by Terri, whether she's guilty or innocent, would be very interesting. She's not going to be able to tell us about the evidence we don't know about.

But if we had more information, would the case have gotten more than 223 posts in all of 2015? I joined WS because of this case...I remember how much interest there was in the Summer of 2010. I don't fully agree that lack of knowledge keeps interest going....yes, the case being a mystery keeps people wondering "What happened?" but I think that if we had more information, this forum would have stayed active for much longer than it did. If Terri had spoken out in the Summer of 2010, how many more posts on here would be have about it? If you look at the topics on this case, it's weird to think it's been nearly six years since we've discussed some of them but no one seems to have much interest in rehashing them again.

TBH....I actually think this case should be a lot bigger than it is. It has all the right ingrediants but it's like it's missing one and I can't figure out what it is. It's like there is this invisible barrier that the media refuses to let the case cross.

Now it seems strange to me that she moved in October, and it took them about 3 months to discover this, and for it to hit the newspapers, so my question is why did they all the sudden just discover that she had moved? Did they go looking for her for some reason? I listened to an article that was consulting an attorney on why she might be giving interviews, and his response was that usually the attorney prevents them from doing them, so the other reason may be that her attorney is on a fishing expedition to try and figure something out. Maybe her attorney wanted to know why the sudden interest in her recent move after being gone for 3 months. I have also noticed some strange wording by Desiree in her latest interviews and responses that make me go hmmm thats weird, so you see when you look deep everyones wording can be picked at. So here I am still looking for Kyron, because that's all that's important to me, they can sort all that out after.

The part where Terri says "When are they going to realize I don't have the answers and they need to look someplace else" This sounds like they came a knocking on her door recently.

Then there is a recent fb post that I find strange from Desiree where she says " he will never call her a mom, and that" she never earned it" and the strangest part that has me the most interested is the last part "He now knows what you are"
The ways its stated using the word "now" leads me to think she knows where he is and that he is alive. Is it just me or do you think this is some strange wording?
https://www.facebook.com/missingkyr...336750831264/1102330683131861/?type=3&theater

I really want to statement analyze the stuffing out of this People Magazine video. It isn't really an interview if Terri is allowed to ramble on about all of her self-serving "evidence" for why she is not responsible without addressing any tough-to-answer questions, so I refuse to call it an interview.

RBM and Snipped:

:seeya: TH's recent statement was analyzed by an SA "expert" ... very, very interesting ...

But -- we cannot post the Statement Analysis per WS TOS.

I hope that helps.

Hmmm, I have Nightline on now with the interview---just talking about herself and what she's lost and nary a tear.

Terri's PR campaign just doesn't work because she has no legal wins. I feel like the only thing she has in favor of her innocence is she hasn't been arrested. Terri needs one or more of the following to happen for her to stand out from the thousands of people out there who claim they are innocent:

1. Someone else is arrested for Kyron's disapparance
2. Terri sues Desiree, Kaine, LE, or the media and wins (or at least gets a settlement)
3. LE clears Terri, announces that they that believe someone else is responsible

Terri's PR campaign just doesn't work because she has no legal wins. I feel like the only thing she has in favor of her innocence is she hasn't been arrested. Terri needs one or more of the following to happen for her to stand out from the thousands of people out there who claim they are innocent:

1. Someone else is arrested for Kyron's disapparance
2. Terri sues Desiree, Kaine, LE, or the media and wins (or at least gets a settlement)
3. LE clears Terri, announces that they that believe someone else is responsible

Terri now needs to set up a test with the FBI, to prove her innocence, all the interviews in the world are not going to smooth this out, and in fact even passing the test may not smooth this all out. I think it would help reduce her current problems if she was found truthful. So the offer to clear Terri should come with a promise of a better future, should she pass it successfully.

I don't believe that Terry did this. I know I am in the minority.. But there he is in school that day and then he is gone and I think if she walked him out that morning, He would have been seen.

I think that people looked at her from the beginning because Desiree pointed the finger at her. I think they wanted to blame someone for Kyron's disappearance and terry was the target.

I think that if there was any evidence that she did this, She would have been locked up long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro