Kyron Horman's general discussion thread - 2015/2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respect. I really appreciate your perspective, because I worry, at times, that I have lost mine.

However, I do work at a school and I am hypersensitive to the fact that school is almost the LAST place where a child can be be abducted. I am a middle/high school counselor in a tiny district, and I have to make several calls before my elementary kids' teachers will release them to my parents or siblings. I work here and they are hypervigillant about MY family. We play by the rules and yet, they make sure that everything is legit.

School is the worst place to snatch a child. Our small rural district, which is an hour outside of Portland, has cameras EVERYWHERE. It would not raise an eyebrow if I came to collect my children at an odd hour, but everyone would notice if an unfamiliar person tried to scoop them up, on the property. If my 12 year-old is 10 minutes late to get my 7 year-old after school, I hear about it. I understand that is not everyone's experience, but the attention to detail does alert me to the fact that people are checking, relentlessly.

If Terri took Kyron off the school campus it would be unremarkable. It would not draw attention, nor would it look out of place. I could not tell you how many other parents have removed their children from our school at odd hours in recent days, but I'd certainly take note of someone leaving against their will or looking out-of-place.

Also, just consider that Desiree, while not always objective, might have a front row seat to Terri's behavior. I don't trust everything I read on the internet, but I tend to trust the people on the scene. Desiree does not have any incentive to suspect Terri. She is no longer in competition for Kaine's attention, and there in no benefit to her blaming Terri. She appeared to give Terri the benefit of the doubt, initially. Please just give the idea that Terri is guilty a whirl.

Excellent post.
Spec.Ed. teacher here (retired.)
There is only one adult that you do not look suspiciously at when you see a student walking out of the building with them. A parent.

As I've said before, I have followed this case closely from the beginning, thinking TH was innocent, initially. I have read and watched everything about the case, and read most of the documents. IMO, TH is guilty of Kyron's disappearance.

I do find it interesting that some here are criticizing the grieving mother of a missing child. That's upside down world, IMO.

One of the primary turning points for me was TH's failure to fight for her daughter. Why did she allow her daughter to be taken from her? It came down to having to be questioned, to take a mental health eval., to talk. What kind of person abandons her child to protect herself? That certainly speaks to her character, if nothing else. If you were innocent, would you accept never seeing your child, on the chance that you might be arrested, might be tried, might be convicted, might got to prison? You know you're innocent, but you stop talking after 3 weeks, because you MIGHT be arrested. And because you won't talk, and won't participate in custody requirements, you now haven't seen your child in almost 6 years. JMO

I so wonder about this new info from Terri.

1. She is deaf in her left ear. Remember how she claimed the teacher was deaf in one ear and that is why she confused what Terri said?
2. She has a thyroid condition and that is why she cannot cry. Has anyone ever heard of that?

I so wonder about this new info from Terri.

1. She is deaf in her left ear. Remember how she claimed the teacher was deaf in one ear and that is why she confused what Terri said?
2. She has a thyroid condition and that is why she cannot cry. Has anyone ever heard of that?
It's simple. She's lying. The deaf ear is an excuse for failing the polygraphs. I have a thyroid condition and have no problem crying.

As I've said before, I have followed this case closely from the beginning, thinking TH was innocent, initially. I have read and watched everything about the case, and read most of the documents. IMO, TH is guilty of Kyron's disappearance.

I do find it interesting that some here are criticizing the grieving mother of a missing child. That's upside down world, IMO.

One of the primary turning points for me was TH's failure to fight for her daughter. Why did she allow her daughter to be taken from her? It came down to having to be questioned, to take a mental health eval., to talk. What kind of person abandons her child to protect herself? That certainly speaks to her character, if nothing else. If you were innocent, would you accept never seeing your child, on the chance that you might be arrested, might be tried, might be convicted, might got to prison? You know you're innocent, but you stop talking after 3 weeks, because you MIGHT be arrested. And because you won't talk, and won't participate in custody requirements, you now haven't seen your child in almost 6 years. JMO
Great post. Most people who believe TMH had something to do with Kryon's disappearance, arrived at that conclusion in the way you described, through research and analysis of the available facts. I resent being lumped together with 'crazy' people who simply want an 'innocent' person put in jail. TMH is far from innocent. Time will tell if she's guilty of a crime. :moo:

I don't think "we" want to consider the possibility that Terri is innocent because then we have to confront some really negative thoughts about Desiree. How far do we allow someone whose child is missing to go? Would you be okay if you lost everything, couldn't get a job, ruined reputation because of false accusations? Sure people can make excuses...Terri didn't cooperate! Desiree was grieving! But it's still ruining the life of an innocent person. It would be a huge elephant in the room if someone else was ever arrested. When you read comments on other websites that support Terri, you will see that a lot of them are extremely negative towards Desiree. IMO, it's understandable why people who think Terri is innocent would have such negative feelings towards a woman who lost a child, and I think a lot of us don't want those thoughts so we don't consider that Terri could be innocent.

Desiree wasn't accusing Terri in a vacuum. IRRC, LE did press conferences showing both Terri and DS on a big board along with a picture of the pickup. It was broadcast far and wide online, on television and in the papers. Hell, even Kaine got a restraining order against her to keep her from seeing their daughter and himself AND got full custody.

So, I agree with the poster above - blaming or accusing Desiree of anything is upside-down. She has done nothing other than be a relentless advocate for Kyron.

Desiree wasn't accusing Terri in a vacuum. IRRC, LE did press conferences showing both Terri and DS on a big board along with a picture of the pickup. It was broadcast far and wide online, on television and in the papers. Hell, even Kaine got a restraining order against her to keep her from seeing their daughter and himself AND got full custody.

So, I agree with the poster above - blaming or accusing Desiree of anything is upside-down. She has done nothing other than be a relentless advocate for Kyron.

I agree SurfieTx!

Desiree didn't jump to the conclusion that Terri was guilty. She was lead there by the police investigation, the little known facts that were presented, and Terri's own behaviors. I do not fault Desiree. She is a desperate mother that wants answers for her son. I fault Terri for the conclusions that were made. She let her daughter be taken away from her without fighting. She failed the poly. IF she is innocent, she has had a very funny way of showing it! If she is in fact innocent, there will be a lot of people eating crow. But, I believe that no matter who took Kyron, Desiree wants to know the answer!

I agree SurfieTx!

Desiree didn't jump to the conclusion that Terri was guilty. She was lead there by the police investigation, the little known facts that were presented, and Terri's own behaviors. I do not fault Desiree. She is a desperate mother that wants answers for her son. I fault Terri for the conclusions that were made. She let her daughter be taken away from her without fighting. She failed the poly. IF she is innocent, she has had a very funny way of showing it! If she is in fact innocent, there will be a lot of people eating crow. But, I believe that no matter who took Kyron, Desiree wants to know the answer!
I don't agree. I think she had an issue with her from the beginning and wanted someone to blame. I think that if the police ever really had something on Terri for Kyron's disappearance that she would have been arrested by now. I think that Terri seems like a self serving person, Someone odd and not liked..

I just hate when people get slammed and railroaded for something with no evidence.

I don't agree. I think she had an issue with her from the beginning and wanted someone to blame. I think that if the police ever really had something on Terri for Kyron's disappearance that she would have been arrested by now. I think that Terri seems like a self serving person, Someone odd and not liked..

I just hate when people get slammed and railroaded for something with no evidence.

Yup. Just because Desiree is married to LE and she wants her son found, it makes a lot of sense to focus on Terri because Desiree has issues with her.

Yup. Why bother worrying about the real culprit, right.

After all, it is only her child that is missing. Who cares when you can diss Terri. Um hm.

Yup. Just because Desiree is married to LE and she wants her son found, it makes a lot of sense to focus on Terri because Desiree has issues with her.

Yup. Why bother worrying about the real culprit, right.

After all, it is only her child that is missing. Who cares when you can diss Terri. Um hm.

Nice Sarcasm.. :)

Show me the evidence that proves Terri did anything to Kyron? If she took him from school that day, How did no one notice?
I want the person responsible caught but other than Terri being a PITA, I don't see anything that truly connects her to the crime and disappearance of kyron.

Im going over the timeline of this case. What I see is a mother who was frustrated and thinks that TH is responsible and starts to take on a campaign against her. Kaine who lived with TH says that he does not believe that Th would harm Kyron and I think he would know best. With divorcing her and custody issues, He still did not believe TH was responsible for Kyron's disappearance. But by a year later Desiree is petitioning in civil court for TH to tell her where his body is.

I don't fault Desiree. She wants her son. I have kids. I can not imagine and don't ever want to know what this feels like, But I just think she has gone too far pointing the finger at someone who has never been charged or even called a suspect.

I don't like that either, but IMO, that's not what's happening in this case.

I don't want to argue with you and I respect your opinion, but can you cite any other missing child cases where a parent was slammed, railroaded without evidence, stopped talking after 3 weeks, lawyered up, and let their little child go without fighting for her?

Nice Sarcasm.. :)

Show me the evidence that proves Terri did anything to Kyron? If she took him from school that day, How did no one notice?
I want the person responsible caught but other than Terri being a PITA, I don't see anything that truly connects her to the crime and disappearance of kyron.

Not sure what a PITA is :thinking:

Just because WE as the public don't know all the evidence, doesn't mean there isn't any. IMO, there is enough evidence to arrest her for something, but I think they are holding out until their ducks are in a very, very straight row so there's no chance that they lose the case. JMO

Not sure what a PITA is :thinking:

Just because WE as the public don't know all the evidence, doesn't mean there isn't any. IMO, there is enough evidence to arrest her for something, but I think they are holding out until their ducks are in a very, very straight row so there's no chance that they lose the case. JMO
PITA means pain in the *advertiser censored** I think....Terri said in her interview on Nightline that LE has "exonerating evidence" they haven't disclosed...it will be interesting to see if that is the case...

Did they ever say what kind of DNA evidence was found in the truck?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I agree because we don't have all the evidence to even make a close guess as to what really happened, or who is guilty. I am not blaming Desiree for being upset, she has every right to be upset, but the people who are helping her are taking things to far, they don't even treat people that bad in prison they are not allowed to. The name calling is what is really turning me off, it's like high school bullying. People kill themselves because of bullying.

Everyone seems to think they know it was her, but could she be protecting someone? So what we know is that someone sent her son to live someplace else. What we know is that her son was scheduled to visit that weekend. <modsnip> For all we know this could be something similar to affluenza teen case, or something like the Balloon boy case. The point is we don't know why, but I highly doubt she is a murderer. I am just suggesting that we give her the benefit of the doubt till we have solid evidence. In my opinion I think she is covering something up, but I don't know what, I have my suspicions, but I have no proof, and there is a good possibility she knows where he is. I do know people get really bitter when you mistreat them, they get mad and become less helpful and more obstinate. In my opinion being mean to her is like stabbing yourself in the foot, her divorce is final now so there is no need to worry about anything affecting that. If she were to tire of it all and kill herself, what would you have? You would lose your chance to gain information from her.

I guess I don't feel anyone could pull this off on the fly without any planning, but if you were planning something you most likely would not do it hours before your son is coming for a visit, you would want to keep him clear of any fallout. So no I don't think she planned anything, and if she didn't plan anything, then what really happened? It's still possible it was a friend or stranger abduction.

Why on earth would Desiree who is married to LE ( they are like brothers, LE and I am sure she has plenty of info) not want the actual perp?

Why would she focus on Terri? Why???

And let us not forget the whole truck planning that Terri used to justify using the truck. She did not need a truck to haul his project.

Planning planning planning. She had been in that school and knew how things operated. She had volunteered. Remember how she had The baby on her lap for Kyron's birthday.

Didn't she make some scathing remark about him on FB about that day? The bday?

And let us not forget the remarks she made on FB about telling off a seven year old child at the gym. Strange thing for an adult to brag about on FB, esp a "teacher".

Why on earth would Desiree who is married to LE ( they are like brothers, LE and I am sure she has plenty of info) not want the actual perp?

Why would she focus on Terri? Why???

And let us not forget the whole truck planning that Terri used to justify using the truck. She did not need a truck to haul his project.

Planning planning planning. She had been in that school and knew how things operated. She had volunteered. Remember how she had The baby on her lap for Kyron's birthday.

Didn't she make some scathing remark about him on FB about that day? The bday?

And let us not forget the remarks she made on FB about telling off a seven year old child at the gym. Strange thing for an adult to brag about on FB, esp a "teacher".

And why are the FB pages asking for all tips to be resent? Are they having problems sharing information? They want everyone who called, sent in a tip, or saw the two woman prior to that day or on that day to either send or resend that information. That right there is a big red flag for me. Where is the brotherhood in that?

And why are the FB pages asking for all tips to be resent? Are they having problems sharing information? They want everyone who called, sent in a tip, or saw the two woman prior to that day or on that day to either send or resend that information. That right there is a big red flag for me. Where is the brotherhood in that?

Can you explain about brotherhood? I mean the LE are like brothers.

They wanted more tips. So??? Can you explain please? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member