Kyron Horman's general discussion thread for 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time being able to see anything on this site and I saw this thread. I followed the Kyron case for a long time and prayed and hoped he would be found alive of course. I was wondering if anyone knows any new developments in the case? Sorry if I'm posting on an old thread. Still figuring this out and not able to see the 2 cases I originally came here to see.

I asked you where you get the idea a prosecutor waits to file charges until he has enough to ensure a conviction. An arrest does require some evidence but the hurdle isn't that high.

The Judge denied bail to Ross Harris. He isn't going to be released prior to trial, we do already know that. Cops are still investigating and gathering evidence.

I'm pretty sure Josh Powell wasn't arrested because there was no proof his wife was dead. Her body was never found. It is not a crime for an adult to go missing on her own.

Either there is evidence or not that Terri tried to hire a hit man to kill her husband. The fact that she hasn't been arrested four years later and no hit was ever attempted on her husband is an indication there is little to no actual evidence to obtain a warrant or indictment. There was a grand jury proceeding tied to this case, iirc.

JMO

I'm not sure I understand that question. LE has stated in more cases than I can count that they needed to acquire enough evidence to secure a conviction. Especially after the cases have ended and there are interviews, books and exposes written about the case, it's almost universal for LE to say that they had enough evidence to understand the who/what/where/when and sometimes even the "why", but knew that without some piece of critical evidence they would not be confident of a conviction and so they waited for that evidence to come in before arresting.
I haven't heard anyone say they were required by law to wait for that critical piece of evidence, but that it's common sense and normal practice. Arresting isn't hard - convicting is hard, and should be. The bar is higher. What good would it do to arrest someone if you weren't prepared for the court case yet? Makes no sense.

I asked you where you get the idea a prosecutor waits to file charges until he has enough to ensure a conviction. An arrest does require some evidence but the hurdle isn't that high.

The Judge denied bail to Ross Harris. He isn't going to be released prior to trial, we do already know that. Cops are still investigating and gathering evidence.

I'm pretty sure Josh Powell wasn't arrested because there was no proof his wife was dead. Her body was never found. It is not a crime for an adult to go missing on her own.

Either there is evidence or not that Terri tried to hire a hit man to kill her husband. The fact that she hasn't been arrested four years later and no hit was ever attempted on her husband is an indication there is little to no actual evidence to obtain a warrant or indictment. There was a grand jury proceeding tied to this case, iirc.

JMO

Apparently with a deceased child and enough evidence, Ross Harris can be arrested. I hope the bar to be arrested and detained in a jail cell for months is high.

Re the hit man. This has been discussed in here quite a bit.

I know how this works because my former neighbor hired a hit man to take out his wife.

The hit man went to LE and was wired. The neighbor was busted.

Anyone can say that someone hired them to do a hit. Why not?

It is he said, she said.

LE tried to get Terri to fall into the hit man trap, but it failed,

There is not enough evidence that can convict her on that apparently.

There is some documentation of her speaking with him at a restaurant. I do not recall what that is about. Maybe someone has the reference. I know it , so I am not motivated to look it up.

It is on here somewhere

Perhaps if Terri didn't have inconsistent statements, conflicting accounts of her whereabouts, multiple failed polygraphs, and an investigation against her for a murder-for-hire plot, she wouldn't have needed to hire a criminal defense lawyer. Did Kaine, Desiree, or Tony need one? Nope. Just saying, and it's my opinion only.

You and everyone else in the world is entitled to an opinion. But something about when people grumble about lawyering up always gets my back up. Every American is entitled to legal advice, innocent or guilty. And to be honest, especially when they're innocent. I simply cannot stand the "innocent people don't need lawyers argument." It's a moot point.

And personally, I would be shocked, completely and utterly shocked, if Desiree Young, her husband, and Kaine Horman hadn't individually consulted criminal attorneys along with their civil representatives. Quite frankly, they would be stupid not to since everyone has been a suspect in this case at one time or another. It just wasn't advertised to the public because it's none of our business.

Jmo but I think TH may lose interest in children, even her own, after a certain age.

I'm like this. I lose some interest in my kids when they get older. I still love them to pieces of course, but I'm a baby person.

This is my first time being able to see anything on this site and I saw this thread. I followed the Kyron case for a long time and prayed and hoped he would be found alive of course. I was wondering if anyone knows any new developments in the case? Sorry if I'm posting on an old thread. Still figuring this out and not able to see the 2 cases I originally came here to see.

Unfortunately, there hasn't been any substantial news. Desiree has been working hard to keep the case in the media, but it's been quiet in terms of LE investigation and statements.

Unfortunately, there hasn't been any substantial news. Desiree has been working hard to keep the case in the media, but it's been quiet in terms of LE investigation and statements.
Sounds like they are stuck....not enough evidence to do a whole lot of anything st the moment.

I wonder if she is planning on moving? That is my guess.

I wonder if she has a SO?

I wonder if she has been using it as a pseudonym on the net for a while now. I'd bet yes.

This may just provide the break this case needs. **crossing fingers**

I bet she's trying to leave the area and establish herself elsewhere. In a way, I don't blame her. Life has to go on, and as things stand now, they've been completely static for her.

If she's innocent, I hope this helps her. Claire Sullivan, at least, is fairly common and will help her blend in a bit.

If she's guilty, like SurfieTX, I hope she's been dumb enough to post things online with that name.

Kyron Horman’s stepmom wants to change her name

Terri Lynn Moulton-Horman wants to change her name to Claire Stella Sullivan

http://koin.com/2014/07/16/kyron-hormans-stepmom-wants-to-change-her-name/

:eek: WOW ... just saw the latest here about Terri.

JMO and MOO ...but IF I were the judge, I would NOT grant this name change ...

Afterall, her own attorney called her a "suspect" !

:please: for Kyron !!!

Just had a thought:

Is there a copy of the Petition for Name Change online yet -- has any media tried to get copy and publish online ?

Does anyone here have access to getting a copy from the County records ?

IF so, TIA !

Would sure like to know the reason she put in that Petition for wanting to change her name.

:moo:

:thinking:

Just had another thought -- and sorry to "serial post" -- but this latest development with Terrie is interesting:

What about checking the county/surrounding county's "death records" for this name "CSS" ... sometimes people use deceased person's names ... KWIM ?

I know, far fetched, but ... ya never know ...

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member