Kyron's Artwork

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This book gives me the willies. The drawing on the front is "creepy" (IMO) and not geared toward young children that would read this book. Most artwork for young children is large, colorful, and without gross detail. This artwork appears to have been done be God-only-knows-who, probably a family member of the author or the author himself.

After learning about the author's son and his 3rd degree child molestation conviction, the story titled "Rolf's Hideout" gave me shivers. Burrrrrrrrrrr!

YOU are never going to believe this.....but I agree with you on the weird vibes thing. I have had this website marked and on hold for over a week, cause I didn't want to start a new controversy about any of the family. But since someone else brought it up, maybe it should be explored a bit.

http://northwesttales.com/

I'm going to caution you.

Do not start any rumors about the content, and please do not sleuth this person out further than his public website being listed here. You may discuss the stories and artwork Remember we still do not have a named POI in this case. No minor's names used please. Be responsible posters. Thanks Tons!

That picture is NOT a red squirrel. We have red squirrels- that is not one. That is a chipmunk. This has been pointed out over and over, yet people still keep trying to make some like between this picture and SM having the nickname 'RDSQRL'. There is no corrolation.

On Mother's Day that year, Kaine gave his new bride a 2007 candy apple red Ford Mustang GT.

"Something shiny for the driveway," she wrote under the picture on her Facebook page. "Yes, Kaine is all that and a bag of chips!"

She adorned it with her vanity license plate RDSQRL, which is short for Red Squirrel, a nickname that reflects her long, thick mane of red hair.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

I have been thinking about why the cover page artwork gave me a weird feeling.

If you are the author of a children's book, you select a target age for your book's audience and then, you write for that age group. The illustrations and book cover should also be targeted to this age group. Look at illustrations/book covers that are known to appeal to young elementary school children (Dr. Seus, Eric Carle, Margaret Wise Brown, Laura Joffe Numeroff). These are large, very colorful, non-complex drawing and this is exactly the opposite of the cover page on Neil Horman's book.
(Yes, I know he probably can't afford a famous illustrator, but I think he may not understand children, so he doesn't understand young children and the books they love to read. He didn't know what was appropriate art to select for his book cover.)

That picture is NOT a red squirrel. We have red squirrels- that is not one. That is a chipmunk. This has been pointed out over and over, yet people still keep trying to make some like between this picture and SM having the nickname 'RDSQRL'. There is no corrolation.

well that is your opinion. I think there is a DIRECT correlation. Neither you nor I know if it is a chipmunk or a squirrel that Kyron drew. Only he knows that. That picture speaks 1000 words from where I am sitting.

I agree with YOU too!!!! I can see about 6 red squirrels out my window right here at most any time of the day. None of them have stripes on them. Definitely a chipmunk or ground squirrel.....although either a giant one or a very close up view!

jmoo

well that is your opinion. I think there is a DIRECT correlation. Neither you nor I know if it is a chipmunk or a squirrel that Kyron drew. Only he knows that. That picture speaks 1000 words from where I am sitting.

It seems likely that with Kyron's attention to detail, and interest in animals, that he knew the difference in appearance between a squirrel and a chipmunk. Most kids would know that at much younger than Kyron's age, especially with the Alvin and the Chipmunks resurgence. No kid over the age of two would mistakenly say Alvin and the Squirrels----they KNOW they are not the same.

jmoo

How likely is it that anyone, even a child, would draw a picture that looks exactly like a chipmunk, complete with stripe from head to tail, and a two-colored face, especially when red squirrels are all one color? Squirrels do NOT have stripes. This is not my opinion, it is fact. I understand that people want to analyze every tiny detail, and find 'proof' in everything, especially if it bolsters an idea they are already married to, but this picture is NOT a squirrel. Claim that you don't like the picture, or that your opinion is that it represents the SM, but don't be blind about what the picture is. Maybe to Kyron, chipmunks represent his SM. That would make more sense than saying the picture is something it isn't.

Red Squirrel reoccurs in this case- why we don't know yet:

Kyron's favorite color (source from PCR from LE) is RED

"Terri, That Red Squirrel." Grandfather writes a story about Terri a Red Squirrel Tokens of Trust Books

Kyron draws and LE displays a drawing of a Red Squirrel

rumors of nicknames of family members with Red Squirrel and online chat rooms and custom License plate.

The Sun drawing is very fiery, dominant red personality.

Red featured again in the apple with The Worms drawing

It may all be a series of coincidence, but it does keep recurring in his life and his art.

It seems likely that with Kyron's attention to detail, and interest in animals, that he knew the difference in appearance between a squirrel and a chipmunk. Most kids would know that at much younger than Kyron's age, especially with the Alvin and the Chipmunks resurgence. No kid over the age of two would mistakenly say Alvin and the Squirrels----they KNOW they are not the same.

jmoo

I stand by my observation, analysis and opinion stated. And you do NOT know that they KNOW they are not the same. Each one of us is different.

I have hundreds of free chipmunks making holes in my yard if anyone wants some j u s t - t o - m a k e - s u r e. LOL :)

Anyone know when Kyron drew the Red Squirrel vs. the Chipmunk picture?

I have hundreds of free chipmunks making holes in my yard if anyone wants some j u s t - t o - m a k e - s u r e. LOL :)

where do you live? I have some that I can bring over to join yours.

BTW-the chipmunk picture actually had a caption in a child's misspelled "red Squirrel". I saw it myself, but have no idea where it is.

I have thought about lamenting my child's artwork so I can keep it forever. Instead I have framed some and I keep the rest archived in boxes and binders.

To me, personally, it shows that whomever kept/owned this artwork was very proud of it and didn't want to see it depreciate (I am not sure if crayola is a medium that is archival, since it's wax and all.)

I stand by my observation, analysis and opinion stated. And you do NOT know that they KNOW they are not the same. Each one of us is different.

I didn't argue with your opinion at all, but it is my OBERVATION that Kyron is a child who paid attention to detail and my OPINION that kids that age know the difference between them, as I have spent the last 30 plus years of my life working with children of all ages on a daily basis. I am sorry if you misunderstood the post. Yes, each one of us is different, we must use our own knowledge and experience to decide what we feel is logical.

jmoo

Someone posted 3 days ago that the reading book for Kyron's class had a story about a squirrel.
Can you give me anymore to search out that original post?

Notice how he draws frames around all his art work. I think that is quite perceptive.

Or are they mounted on colored paper? The frames seem very regular.

Bouncing of your post because I have thought of that along with a few other things related to the artwork..my question do we have away to get a copy of that book or his books that include the artwork?

Yes, the book can be ordered online through its website. I don't think it's Kyron's art in the book. But the art is quite interesting.

Well, except for the fact that the picture he drew is NOT of a red squirrel. It is a chipmunk.

And, all this drama is based on a total of '3' drawings we've seen? If red is so important in Kyron's life, you'd think he'd have drawn the apple as red, instead of red, yellow and green. The subject matter of all 3 pictures is appropriate as a child, and the use of primary colors is normal. I am an artist and have taught children's art. His pictures, the 3 we've seen, appear perfectly normal.

Children tend to not use symbolism and representation in their artwork or writing until quite a bit older, unless specifically asked to in an art project. meaning, when you tell them to draw the sun, they draw the sun- not some representative drawing of a family member. Pretty simple.

A chipmunk is from the squirrel family so maybe that is the correlation. Who knows what LE was thinking when they decided to release these artwork pics.

Well, except for the fact that the picture he drew is NOT of a red squirrel. It is a chipmunk.

And, all this drama is based on a total of '3' drawings we've seen? If red is so important in Kyron's life, you'd think he'd have drawn the apple as red, instead of red, yellow and green. The subject matter of all 3 pictures is appropriate as a child, and the use of primary colors is normal. I am an artist and have taught children's art. His pictures, the 3 we've seen, appear perfectly normal.

Children tend to not use symbolism and representation in their artwork or writing until quite a bit older, unless specifically asked to in an art project. meaning, when you tell them to draw the sun, they draw the sun- not some representative drawing of a family member. Pretty simple.

Do you hold a degree in Art Therapy? Just curious.

Can you give me anymore to search out that original post?

I wished that I could remember exactly which post this occurred. I have read and posted too much in the last few days. Perhaps some other WSer will remember and send it to you. :)

Or are they mounted on colored paper? The frames seem very regular.

Yes, the book can be ordered online through its website. I don't think it's Kyron's art in the book. But the art is quite interesting.
Me in blue.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ms.green
Back