Kyron's Artwork

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not really. Neil is adoptive father of kaine & kristian. They may have had a number of grandfathers in their lives.

Both Neil & Melvin, Neil's father seem of academic ilk. Neil was a literature major at Wash U. People who love literature often take to writing things themselves. Looks like he wrote for his grandchildren. In my research I fouond that many of character names in the books are actual Horman grandchildren names.

The children's books are about the area where Neil actually lives. Snoqualmie area is in a national forest. Beautiful country. I got the feeling everything he described is real - and the grandchildren have walked to this special place with him on several occaisions...Rolf's Hideout.

That's so interesting Ms. Emma - thanks for doing research on the books...including your grandchild's name in a storyline is a sure way of engaging the child to read. Pretty clever gramps! moo

-999c149d2125a95c_custom_665xauto.jpg

-982c744a12562e8a_custom_665xauto.jpg

http://photos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2010/06/authorities_search_for_kyron_h_17.html

The sun picture is an complete copy of what my children were instructed to draw in art. When I questioned the art teacher it was a project for children to copy a piece of modern art. All the kids had to do it. They even took this picture and sent it in to a company that makes magnets for a school fund raiser. Apparently this picture in on refrigerators through out the U.S.A.. really I believe they could find something better to teach the kids to draw.

ITA. I've taught kids' art classes as well, and this looks so familiar. Once, I attended a franchise meeting for "Young Rembrandts", which is a widely used afterschool art program. I chose not to become an instructor for them, as I felt the methods were formulaic and didn't take into account all that the student saw when they were looking at what to draw. Check out some of the students' work on the site and see if you see similarities in pattern, color choices, lines, when compared to this sun.
http://www.youngrembrandts.com/Showcase/Elementary.aspx

Not sure if it matter much but there is no way Kyron did this project alone, found the facts alone, did the background on the three-way board, did the diorama ANY of it. Terri has stated somewhere that he did all of it (can't find link right now). I don't believe this. I teach high school, and this is above par for what I see from 17 year old students. Kyron is a good artist but this is too much to swallow from a 7 year old. JMO

Not sure if it matter much but there is no way Kyron did this project alone, found the facts alone, did the background on the three-way board, did the diorama ANY of it. Terri has stated somewhere that he did all of it (can't find link right now). I don't believe this. I teach high school, and this is above par for what I see from 17 year old students. Kyron is a good artist but this is too much to swallow from a 7 year old. JMO

I agree- the in-school drawing on his desk of 3 trees is consistent with a 7 year old's ability- and surely done w/o help. The artistic level shown there is not the same as that shown in the sun face, for example. Was Terri doing things for him because she thought Kyron was inadequate or because she felt pressured as a sm? I don't know but my heart breaks for Kyron that his best was not good enough. What an awful message to give to a child.

I hadn't really thought about it until now, but you are SO right. I live in one of the helicopter parent capitols of the world and I don't think I've ever seen anything so over-the-top for a 2nd grader. And my son just left second grade, so I've seen their art and projects recently. Totally fits TH's mo imo.

Ok, since we are analyzing.

I just have to say that one feature of Kyron’s exhibit is curious to me.

The frogs are engaged in amplexus, a mating embrace. Frogs do an external fertilization so when the female releases the eggs into the water the male sheds sperm over the eggs.

I noticed it right away but since TMH sexualized behaviors have been discussed I wondered if she thought of it as a private joke. Obviously the exhibit is not the work of a child.

I do live in a very conservative part of the country so maybe you all aren’t so repressed out there! I have helped with many an elementary science exhibit and usually reproduction is discreetly mentioned with the act, so to speak, not depicted :blushing:

All IMO

Ok, since we are analyzing.

The frogs are engaged in amplexus, a mating embrace. Frogs do an external fertilization so when the female releases the eggs into the water the male sheds sperm over the eggs.

I noticed it right away but since TMH sexualized behaviors have been discussed I wondered if she thought of it as a private joke. Obviously the exhibit is not the work of a child.

oh, ewww!!!! If she did that on purpose it's just sick and wrong. I'd like to think it was something she just didn't notice, but now that I look at the pic closely, I'm not sure how the thought of what they might be doing wouldn't even cross your mind. Did I say ewww?!?!

From my own experience, my son is gifted and advanced in certain areas and he can draw the most amazing things (sometimes it's very eery!). He's been able to read,spell, and draw (not scribble) since age 2. It's possible that Kyron could have been gifted? On the other hand I can see what some are saying about TH helping him. I just thought I'd offer a different point of view.

From my own experience, my son is gifted and advanced in certain areas and he can draw the most amazing things (sometimes it's very eery!). He's been able to read,spell, and draw (not scribble) since age 2. It's possible that Kyron could have been gifted? On the other hand I can see what some are saying about TH helping him. I just thought I'd offer a different point of view.

But did you see the tree pic on his desk? Assuming it's his since it's on his desk, that would be what I'd expect to see from an average 7 yo boy. And his parents haven't mentioned that he's a particularly gifted child in anything they've told us about Kyron. Which doesn't necessarily mean anything, I know. But they might have mentioned it when telling us about unique things about him -- especially when they were putting his art "out there." jmo

wondering1, I know, just looking at it from a different angle. I agree that the tree drawing is an example of what the average 7 yo would draw.

I am sorry that I don't have the link, but there is a picture of his desk where he has a drawing that I think is more representative of his actual skill level.

It is a picture of his desk, his name and what looks to be a chart or some green trees.

It is not advanced work at all.

oops! I see others have mentioned it as well.

http://media.kgw.com/images/kyron+school+desk.jpg

Oh my goodness.

Maybe I shouldn't post because I don't have any insights to offer, but I am so glad I opened clicked to look. When I thought of Kyron lately, his step mother's misdeeds have been at the forefront of my mind.

Now I can see him bent over his paper, color in hand, concentrated on his art. I can see him pausing to push his glasses back up on his precious face if they happened to slip at all.

Thank you to whomever started this thread. It may not matter a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, but I feel that all the peripheral distractions have been removed for me.

I am sorry that I don't have the link, but there is a picture of his desk where he has a drawing that I think is more representative of his actual skill level.

It is a picture of his desk, his name and what looks to be a chart or some green trees.

It is not advanced work at all.

oops! I see others have mentioned it as well.

http://media.kgw.com/images/kyron+school+desk.jpg

I was struck with awe when I saw the water and thought what if his last artwork is representative of where he'll be found...:(

I've always felt it goes without saying, but I'll say it today:

Re: Kyron's Frog Project. The framing of the printed info with color coordinated construction paper behind it has always SCREAMED "handy teacher bulletin board graphics trick" to me.

IMO, Terri helped a whole lot. And if he'd not gone missing immediately after the project, I'd think not much of it except that:

"I hope Kyron was very involved with this and they worked together, talking & learning along the way about planning, layout and design, and using the computer to make a project nice and neat, google, word processing, plagiarism, citations, font size, spell-check, color planning and display organization. And I hope any level of parent helping for this type of project was fine by the teacher - so all students could learn from eachother's project experience."

And if that's the case - then who cares if they picked this project as one the family would work on together? The whole class could benefit from learning some display techniques from Kyron & his parental unit helpers. :)

That's what I thought. At first.

Now it's just too creepy to think about how a family goes from fabulous family project pride to vanished child in 24 hours. :shakehead:

I've always felt it goes without saying, but I'll say it today:

Re: Kyron's Frog Project. The framing of the printed info with color coordinated construction paper behind it has always SCREAMED "handy teacher bulletin board graphics trick" to me.

IMO, Terri helped a whole lot. And if he'd not gone missing immediately after the project, I'd think not much of it except that:

"I hope Kyron was very involved with this and they worked together, talking & learning along the way about planning, layout and design, and using the computer to make a project nice and neat, google, word processing, plagiarism, citations, font size, spell-check, color planning and display organization. And I hope any level of parent helping for this type of project was fine by the teacher - so all students could learn from eachother's project experience."

And if that's the case - then who cares if they picked this project as one the family would work on together? The whole class could benefit from learning some display techniques from Kyron & his parental unit helpers. :)

That's what I thought. At first.

Now it's just too creepy to think about how a family goes from fabulous family project pride to vanished child in 24 hours. :shakehead:

I agree, and have wondered (for weeks now) if there was a BIG fight the night before because the project was running late, and maybe TH stayed up late, or all-night pissed off, doing the project in anger over the kid not getting it together. So the backdrop to the crime was not a pretty one.

Just an observation based on seeing other weird moms get hysterical over a child's deadline. A teacher-former friend was like that--a screaming banshee before any project was due, she just went nuts on her kids, and eventually was determined to be an unfit mother in court.

It is composed very teacher-ish-ly and I noticed it right off.

Hey Ruby -

Is that the bridge project you're showing us up there?

If so ... more help apparent.

Again, fine with me. A lucky child to who has parents working beside him to make his school project learning more meaningful...

This one, if Kyron's, might have more Kaine in it too! LOL. :D

Seriously he is sooooo cute. Wanna hug him and tell him - "Nice bridge, Kyron" !

Not really. Neil is adoptive father of kaine & kristian. They may have had a number of grandfathers in their lives.

Both Neil & Melvin, Neil's father seem of academic ilk. Neil was a literature major at Wash U. People who love literature often take to writing things themselves. Looks like he wrote for his grandchildren. In my research I fouond that many of character names in the books are actual Horman grandchildren names.

The children's books are about the area where Neil actually lives. Snoqualmie area is in a national forest. Beautiful country. I got the feeling everything he described is real - and the grandchildren have walked to this special place with him on several occaisions...Rolf's Hideout.

BBM
This site has books listed by Neil Horman as well as his father, Melvin Horman. I am not sure exactly what the elder Horman's stories are about but they are listed in the "mystery and crime" genre.

http://stores.lulu.com/nilesword

Sorry if this has already been discussed in another thread.

BBM
This site has books listed by Neil Horman as well as his father, Melvin Horman. I am not sure exactly what the elder Horman's stories are about but they are listed in the "mystery and crime" genre.

http://stores.lulu.com/nilesword

Sorry if this has already been discussed in another thread.

FWIW, Melvin is a mathematician. His published works include math tomes. I think mysteries may have been a side interest of his. Just IMO from what I could find about the authors of these self-published books... IIRC, you can get Melvin's mystery book on Amazon, I think. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back