Kyron's doctors appointment

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
add-attention deficit disorder

adhd=attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity

If what TH says about the appointment being on the 11th is true, has LE confirmed this with the docs? IMO, when called on the carpet about what she told the teacher, TH said oh no, that was for the 11th. A way to CYA and put the blame for the confusion on the teacher.

True. Although I believe the DSM-IV now classifies it as the following:

ADHD - Primarily Inattentive
ADHD - Primarily Hyperactive/Impulsive
ADHD - Combined Type
ADHD - NOS

They have kind of done away with the ADD label.

I agree. I have a boy this age and unlike my girls, he's a very big story teller. Not to pick on a gender, really, but men (even young little men) never say "I don't know." Have you noticed that? They always know - directions to places without asking for help, how to disassemble a fan so good it never works again, and that they were certain of a time of day they saw someone even when others discount it as inaccurate. Ahhh, our little men...

Oh, I'm not so sure. I get a lot of "I don't knows" around here when I ask important things like "Who left the toilet seat up?" or "Who left this mess in the kitchen?" Seems like they easily "don't know" when it serves their purpose! :crazy:

He could actually have a doctor's appointment on the 11th. That means nothing as it is WHAT exactly did she tell the teacher that is in question, not if he had an appt.

If the teacher was given paperwork, I seriously doubt that there was a date on the paperwork. The teacher would enter a date as to when SHE filled out the paperwork.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98981009.html

K** H***’s son, K****s, who Terri Horman photographed with his science project around the time she took a picture of Kyron that morning, said her son knew about the appointment too.
“And the teacher said, ‘I thought he left with his mom,’ because they thought they had a doctor appointment,” H**m said. “And then at lunchtime, K****s ate lunch with him every day, he wasn’t there at lunchtime. And then I got a call at 4:30ish, saying he didn’t get off the bus, I guess. And K****s said, ‘Oh yeah, I knew he was already gone all day Mom."

Oh, I'm not so sure. I get a lot of "I don't knows" around here when I ask important things like "Who left the toilet seat up?" or "Who left this mess in the kitchen?" Seems like they easily "don't know" when it serves their purpose! :crazy:

You are so lucky as somebody named Not Me lived at my house and I was never able to locate that person. Scary .

He could actually have a doctor's appointment on the 11th. That means nothing as it is WHAT exactly did she tell the teacher that is in question, not if he had an appt.

If the teacher was given paperwork, I seriously doubt that there was a date on the paperwork. The teacher would enter a date as to when SHE filled out the paperwork.

I wonder if it included a date reminding her when to have it filled out; I did that for anything I needed for my kids. I wouldn't expect the teacher to remember little details like that for 20+ kids.

Assuming the sources are accurate, it STILL bugs me that, imo, this version seems inconsistent with the teacher supposedly telling the parent-helper that Kyron was probably in the bathroom or at the water fountain when the kids re-grouped for class after touring the fair. If the teacher thought he had a dr. appt., she would have just said *don't worry he's at a dr's appt.* The only explanation I can think of consistent with this version of the story is that the teacher momentarily forgot about the appt. and remembered a very short time later (like seconds or minutes) and marked him absent at 10:00.

Also, that the parent-helper noticed Kyron missing at the time of re-grouping, implies that Kyron WAS in the group at the start of the tour. If that's true, he would have had to just leave the group in the middle of the tour to go to the *appt.* without a word to the helper or her noticing. Seems highly unlikely to me.

Or, I can just discount TP's version entirely and all is right in my world. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I do not think this happened at "re-assembly" I think this happened when the helper was *initially assembling* the kids to start the tour. Kyron wasn't there when his name was called to form the group, and the helper said she was going to go ahead and go anyway (thinking Kyron could join another group or catch up with them, IMO).

Remember, TP said the last time he saw Kyron was when his mother left him and Kyron walked by and said he was going to see the cool electric exhibit. They sat right next to each other in class. TP would have seen Kyron again had Kyron been in the classroom when they started the exhibit tour.

I'm no expert in ADHD, but someone who has been described as shy and quiet, couldn't possibly have ADHD could they? My son is also very quiet, and quite laid back. So this doesn't add up for me.

Thanks,

Mel

Note that anything about AD/HD in relation to this case is purely rumor and speculation until we hear otherwise.

However. I have AD/HD--primarily inattentive, and I was quiet and shy in elementary school. One of the reasons I wasn't diagnosed until I was 40. I also got good grades. Not all people with AD/HD (aka ADD) are hyperactive or disruptive. </soapbox>

From KATU:

"There was no expectation on the part of Skyline School that Kyron Horman would be in class after the science fair the day he disappeared, according to multiple sources."

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98981009.html

Also, at the end of this article is this:
snip

The issue of the doctor appointment is among several questions KATU News has submitted to Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton. He is expected to answer those questions, in writing, sometime in the next couple of days.

I would like to know and understand if this information is verified or if the paper expects it to be in the next few days? TIA

Also, at the end of this article is this:
snip

The issue of the doctor appointment is among several questions KATU News has submitted to Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton. He is expected to answer those questions, in writing, sometime in the next couple of days.

I would like to know and understand if this information is verified or if the paper expects it to be in the next few days? TIA

They have problems believing their sources, but they publish the story anyway?

I do not think this happened at "re-assembly" I think this happened when the helper was *initially assembling* the kids to start the tour. Kyron wasn't there when his name was called to form the group, and the helper said she was going to go ahead and go anyway (thinking Kyron could join another group or catch up with them, IMO).

Remember, TP said the last time he saw Kyron was when his mother left him and Kyron walked by and said he was going to see the cool electric exhibit. They sat right next to each other in class. TP would have seen Kyron again had Kyron been in the classroom when they started the exhibit tour.

I know you or maybe others have posted that before. But I've watched that vid a number of times and listened to the reporter and, maybe they are wrong, but it seems clear to me that they are referring to the re-grouping after the fact. Even assuming that I am wrong about that, or they are, why would the parent-helper *leave* after the bathroom/water comment if it was at the beginning. Wouldn't she just take the kids and start the tour. Or maybe that's what TP meant. She didn't leave the building, she just left the class with the rest of her group? idk. I'm going to bed in a second. I'll have to watch the vid and listen to the voiceover again tomorrow.:banghead:

I don't even know which end is up anymore.

Can someone please contact Galileo for me?! I keep getting the sinking feeling that his theory might just be disintegrating - I'm about ready to float off into space!

Actually:

AD/HD=Attention deficit (and sometimes hyperactivity) disorder

"AD/HD, uses a slash mark to indicate that hyperactivity is not always present."

http://www.adhdrollercoaster.com/media-downloads/YouMeADDPressRelease.pdf

Again, AD/HD has nothing to do, as far as we know, about this case. But I'm impulsive enough to not pass up an opportunity to educate folks. (Yeah, it doesn't always "go away" in adulthood either. See avatar. :) )

I'm no expert in ADHD, but someone who has been described as shy and quiet, couldn't possibly have ADHD could they? My son is also very quiet, and quite laid back. So this doesn't add up for me.

Thanks,

Mel
Yes, ADD can appear as "shyness" to some people. ADD in kids is also frequently mislabeled as: quiet, withdrawn, spacey, lazy, unmotivated, disobedient, passive, disorganized, procrastinator, and forgetful. These behaviors are normal behaviors, but with kids that have ADD, these behaviors occur way out of the "normal" frequency for children of their age.

http://add.about.com/od/adhdthebasics/a/myths-adhd.htm

yep, BIG difference (at least in my case) I WISH I was hyperactive! Unfortunately, lack of focus or being able to stay on task are issues that I have with ADD. That said, I also think as others have said that many children (and adults) are misdiagnosed or medicated unnecessarily. FWIW and MOO, ADD or ADHD have been around forever and just never had a 'name' lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste