Kyron's doctors appointment

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read other people's posts saying this but I don't find it curious if it's true. I haven't read it in news myself. I think families just get their routines so what may seem odd to one isn't to another and so forth.

Maybe so, I just find it curious TH asked to borrow the pick-up truck to bring Kyrons Science project home at the end of the day. Why not pick-up Kyron and the science project at the end of the day? It seems as though she knew in advance when to pick it up.

Maybe so, I just find it curious TH asked to borrow the pick-up truck to bring Kyrons Science project home at the end of the day. Why not pick-up Kyron and the science project at the end of the day? It seems as though she knew in advance when to pick it up.
Now that part of the story does sound strange to me.

I'm not a teacher, and it's been a long time since I had a child in school. If a parent tells a teacher that a pupil has an upcoming doctor's appointment, wouldn't a teacher ordinarily mark that on a calendar rather than rely on memory?

Hi Peli, good to see your beautiful face...LOL

I was under the impression she claimed she needed the truck so she could bring the project home that morning after the Science Fair was over... Am I wrong in thinking this to be the case?...

One thing about the ice cream...a month ago Kaine said when the bus driver said Kyron wasn't on the bus he said he figured Kyron was still at school waiting on them to pick him up and take him to get ice cream.

http://www.kgw.com/video?id=97168909&sec=547977

I think he says "we" just figured he was waiting for us? Again, at this point he does not think anything about her behavior on that day was bizarre. IMOO :twocents:

Now that part of the story does sound strange to me.

I'm not a teacher, and it's been a long time since I had a child in school. If a parent tells a teacher that a pupil has an upcoming doctor's appointment, wouldn't a teacher ordinarily mark that on a calendar rather than rely on memory?

Long time for me too Bessie, I'm still feeling this issue out some and undecided. I can't say teacher routines and bus routines are standard and set in stone across the country so I'm unsure.

I'm still in wonderment because in the Haleigh case we have heard NOTHING from LE about Haleigh's school teachers or the school. Everything found had to be sleuthed. I'm somewhat surprised we've heard anything at all about Karon's school day.

Yes the reports about the appointments and what's been said have me suspicious. I also believe LE is curious and trying to sort it out. Now if LE would tell me what I want to know I might get somewhere. I think I hear LE telling me where I can find ice water too. ;)

I was under the impression she claimed she needed the truck so she could bring the project home that morning after the Science Fair was over... Am I wrong in thinking this to be the case?...

Hiya's Emeralgem (Dippity Dooin up my hair for you) :)

Em I just don't know anymore to be honest. If that's true, did she need to email the teacher later in the day about when she could pick it up? The whole science project pick-up, appointment mix up, borrowing the pick-up that day because she was going to pick it up. Where's my head slap smiley.

Can't say I've put it all together YET!

Hiya's Emeralgem (Dippity Dooin up my hair for you) :)

Em I just don't know anymore to be honest. If that's true, did she need to email the teacher later in the day about when she could pick it up? The whole science project pick-up, appointment mix up, borrowing the pick-up that day because she was going to pick it up. Where's my head slap smiley.

Can't say I've put it all together YET!

I think the <rumored> email was a test to see if the teacher had noticed Kyron was missing yet. I think she totally expected the school to notice right away and was surprised she had not gotten a call from the school by then. She was testing the water. JMOJMOJMOJMO infinity>>>>>>>

IMHO..No doubt LE knows IF and when there was supposed to be an appointment..BUT IMHO...TMH planned this in advance.. I feel certain she did make an appointment for Kyron on the 11th..But I also feel certain she told the teacher/s his appointment was on June 4th..
I also suspect TMH told her friends the appointment was for the 11th...So she could say the teacher misunderstood when the appointment was...JMO

I have come to the conclusion TMH is quite calculating and very diabolical...JMO

If she planned this, she didn't do a very good job of putting much thought into what she would say to police.

So she leaves the school at 8:45, doing some shopping/taking care of errands until 10:10. But then requires an additional 90 minutes of driving to soothe the baby... on a path of rural roads...

Surely she would have known that would have been a red flag! So then why take her cell phone with those annoying pings to place her in odd areas of the map?

I think that when someone plans a crime with the intention of "getting away with it" the first consideration is an alibi without holes!

If her plan was to make this look like an abduction from the school... why would she risk being seen leaving with Kyron at the school? I know that if it were me, I'd be shaking in my boots all day... not being completely sure that no witnesses from the school would pop out of the woodwork. Because if there was even one witness of her leaving the school with Kyron... thats an automatic BUSTED!!

And IMO, she didn't harm him at the school. That would have to have been a very elaborate set up to find a place in that school with enough privacy to do the deed (and also be sure that no one would accidently intrude) and also have a way to conceal his body ready to take it to her truck.. all while managing to avoid suspicion.

If this is the same woman who tried to seduce her landscaper and lead him to believe he'd get a large sum of money to off her husband... she's no evil genius. Sounds more like to me that she flies by the seat of her pants and hopes for the best, after making poor and maybe even half-hearted decisions.

But I believe that there is always truth mixed in with self serving lies. It seems that investigators are less than satisfied with her account during a time period on June 4. And her explanation of what she was doing and why leaves a lot to be desired. She says she was trying to soothe her baby, which implies that the baby was fussing. I believe that could be important, if she is responsible for his disappearance. Is it possible that she somehow correlates getting rid of Kyron to the emotions and frustrations that are similar to the feelings that an inconsolable child can cause?

I think the <rumored> email was a test to see if the teacher had noticed Kyron was missing yet. I think she totally expected the school to notice right away and was surprised she had not gotten a call from the school by then. She was testing the water. JMOJMOJMOJMO infinity>>>>>>>

Maybe, but as a parent and volunteer there, she would have known they didn't have a call policy in effect.

But if Terri purposefully created confusion about the doctor's appointment, banking on everyone believing he was at his doctor's appointment while she was carrying out her nefarious plan, planning to back out later and say the teachers were all confused about the doctor's appointment while she alone knew that she used the doctor's appointment to cover his absence, then why would she want to check in with the school to see if anyone noticed if he was missing? At that point, she would've been using the confusion about the doctor's appointment as cover to explain his absence, and therefore would've known they (wrongly) believed he was at the doctor's appointment.

But if Terri purposefully created confusion about the doctor's appointment, banking on everyone believing he was at his doctor's appointment while she was carrying out her nefarious plan, planning to back out later and say the teachers were all confused about the doctor's appointment while she alone knew that she used the doctor's appointment to cover his absence, then why would she want to check in with the school to see if anyone noticed if he was missing? At that point, she would've been using the confusion about the doctor's appointment as cover to explain his absence, and therefore would've known they (wrongly) believed he was at the doctor's appointment.

And....VOILA! She discovered her plan worked!

Because the plan was iffy. If she only verbally mentioned the appointment to the teacher instead of sending a note, she couldn't be certain that the teacher remembered. Personally, I'm not convinced that she planned anything. If she's responsible for Kyron's disappearance, I tend to believe she acted on impulse with little time for planning.

And....VOILA! She discovered her plan worked!

But at that point, she would've known her plan worked. If she purposefully confused the teacher, then she knew the teacher would assume Kyron was at his doctor's appointment when he did not show up for class after the science fair. There would've been no need for her to e-mail. She would've known she confused the teacher into believing Kyron was at his doctor's appointment.

If the doctor's appointment was part of her plan, and she purposefully confused the teacher into believing Kyron was going to be absent for the rest of the day, the e-mail is superfluous. If she did this, and planned it this way, then she knew what they believed. A fishing expedition on her part makes no sense. They aren't going to question her about him not being in class because they don't expect him to be in class, if you believe she purposefully confused them into believing it.

I don't find it strange that they both went to meet him. Remember Kaine said that he told Kyron he was very proud of his science project, and they might be able to fit in a game and ice cream before Kyron went off to DY's house. Regardless, I don't find it unusual that both parents would go to meet him. There were many times when my son was little that my husband would get off from work a little early, usually on a Friday, and we'd pick him up from school together, then go to the park or our favorite pizza place.

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that was just the fact that the two of them went to meet the bus. It was that the two of them were meeting the bus BUT only talk of one of them taking that long ride to meet DY.

But at that point, she would've known her plan worked. If she purposefully confused the teacher, then she knew the teacher would assume Kyron was at his doctor's appointment when he did not show up for class after the science fair. There would've been no need for her to e-mail. She would've known she confused the teacher into believing Kyron was at his doctor's appointment.

If the doctor's appointment was part of her plan, and she purposefully confused the teacher into believing Kyron was going to be absent for the rest of the day, the e-mail is superfluous. If she did this, and planned it this way, then she knew what they believed. A fishing expedition on her part makes no sense. They aren't going to question her about him not being in class because they don't expect him to be in class, if you believe she purposefully confused them into believing it.

Plus what would she have said if she was informed that same day that see was seen leaving the school with Kyron that morning? I just can't see where she could have been sure that by the time she tells her story that same afternoon that she wasn't seen.

There is just so much that I can't see to make sense of.

If she planned this, she didn't do a very good job of putting much thought into what she would say to police.

So she leaves the school at 8:45, doing some shopping/taking care of errands until 10:10. But then requires an additional 90 minutes of driving to soothe the baby... on a path of rural roads...

Surely she would have known that would have been a red flag! So then why take her cell phone with those annoying pings to place her in odd areas of the map?

I think that when someone plans a crime with the intention of "getting away with it" the first consideration is an alibi without holes!

If her plan was to make this look like an abduction from the school... why would she risk being seen leaving with Kyron at the school? I know that if it were me, I'd be shaking in my boots all day... not being completely sure that no witnesses from the school would pop out of the woodwork. Because if there was even one witness of her leaving the school with Kyron... thats an automatic BUSTED!!

And IMO, she didn't harm him at the school. That would have to have been a very elaborate set up to find a place in that school with enough privacy to do the deed (and also be sure that no one would accidently intrude) and also have a way to conceal his body ready to take it to her truck.. all while managing to avoid suspicion.

If this is the same woman who tried to seduce her landscaper and lead him to believe he'd get a large sum of money to off her husband... she's no evil genius. Sounds more like to me that she flies by the seat of her pants and hopes for the best, after making poor and maybe even half-hearted decisions.

But I believe that there is always truth mixed in with self serving lies. It seems that investigators are less than satisfied with her account during a time period on June 4. And her explanation of what she was doing and why leaves a lot to be desired. She says she was trying to soothe her baby, which implies that the baby was fussing. I believe that could be important, if she is responsible for his disappearance. Is it possible that she somehow correlates getting rid of Kyron to the emotions and frustrations that are similar to the feelings that an inconsolable child can cause?

My personal opinion is that TH did something to Kyron. I respect others' opposite views or being on the fence because their thoughts make me think and challenge my own current conclusion.

Regarding TH's alibi, I don't think that she thought that she would be questioned this intensively and so she was unprepared for the onslaught of having to provide so many details. My belief is that she thought it would be a slam dunk in that people would think that Kyron was abducted by a pedophile on a public day when many visitors would be in the school.

She did have to fly by the seat of her pants and probably said some things to LE that in hindsight, she wished she hadn't. She did not plan an in-depth alibi because she didn't think she would have to.

I believe you are correct. She said she needed the truck to bring home Kyron's science project.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20007450-504083.html
Kyron Horman Missing: No Evidence of Abduction, Say Police

http://www.ncvc.org/ncvc/main.aspx?dbName=DocumentViewer&DocumentID=38709

Some startling statistics on child abuse. Cases reported to LE, Mothers 39% are the abusers, Fathers 17% of the time.

FBI has other shocking statistics of child abuse by parent(s)/caregiver(s)

Much higher ratio than stranger abduction.

So those things plus all the info in the news IF IF IF there's any truth to it I tend to not believe this was stranger abduction. Why kidnap a child that old from a crowded area when all the stranger has to do is watch kids leave school then catch them alone with no witnesses?

I think it's much more likely somebody's not being honest and that maybe a friend might be covering for them. After all especially if somebody tried to hire hit man & they never came forward earlier until Kyron went missing, maybe also a partner in crime if you will is harboring somebody now just as news is eluding to.

The list is longer even why I think it's less likely this is stranger abduction.

But think of the visuals you put in your head. You picture a crowded parking lot. If Kyron came out after school had started I would assume the stray parents would have already left. I live in NYC and the schools are crowded. I mean my son's elementary school has 5,000 students in it. But after school starts it's totally empty in the school yard. I would assume in a remote rural area it would be the same.

My personal opinion is that TH did something to Kyron. I respect others' opposite views or being on the fence because their thoughts make me think and challenge my own current conclusion.

Regarding TH's alibi, I don't think that she thought that she would be questioned this intensively and so she was unprepared for the onslaught of having to provide so many details. My belief is that she thought it would be a slam dunk in that people would think that Kyron was abducted by a pedophile on a public day when many visitors would be in the school.

She did have to fly by the seat of her pants and probably said some things to LE that in hindsight, she wished she hadn't. She did not plan an in-depth alibi because she didn't think she would have to.

I actually completely agree with you! And you're probably right, she didn't put much thought into the aftermath if she truly believed she would appear beyond suspicion. Because, if they had automatically assumed this was an abduction from school, nobody would have questioned what she did that day.

I don't know how the criminal mind works. Maybe the reason so many people get caught is because they don't think -everything- through from every angle. And thank God for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member