Kyron's General Discussion Thread for 2012-13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KOMO Newshttp://www.komonews.com/news/local/Missing-Oregon-boys-mother-drops-lawsuit-217638361.html

I believe Terri Horman helped by planning and carrying out Kyron's murder.And that is why she is lawyered up.

In addition,I hope the detectives have exhausted talking to the Health Clubs she frequented about any missing inventory. Her nick name was the Red Squirrel perhaps she liked to 'squirrel' things away. I hope they have discussed with the clubs any equipment or hands weights or *items she could have squirreled off in a gym bag & stock piled~in anticipation of an opportunity to murder Kyron then to weigh Kyron's body down.Oh,she made a mistake it is just unraveling what it is.*

Note to: Terri Horman...just like Lacy Peterson...Kyron is going to crawl his way from his grave & expose how evil you are. I believe this,so Terri be watching over your shoulder ~you should be very worried because you will be handcuffed and made to stand accountable for murdering Kyron.

MOO

I still think of little Kyron every single day.
My heart still absolutely breaks for him.

I wish so much that authorities will soon reveal that they've made some sort of behind-the-scenes break through, and we'll know more about what happened.

Even more, I just wish that he could be brought home, however that may be!

I am an Oregon native, and was in Portland at the time of the disappearance. I invested so much emotion into the Kyron search, that I got so hot headed, and criticized TH's every action. I finally got so overwhelmed that I had to just take a big step back and try to stop figuring out on my own who done it.

I was one of the earliest in the game to point fingers at TH because of her strange behavior. But since those days, I have moved 2000 miles away from Portland, and allowed my emotions to calm quite a bit.

With that being said, seeing Kyron in the news again, made me want to go back and review the earliest news reports.

Immediately something screamed in my head, "He who smelt it dealt it." The sub was the first person to point out he was gone. When his absence was dismissed, the sub quickly left the school?!

3 years ago I would not have thought much about that. But with the fact that in the past year, I have followed 3 different missing kids cases, where it turned out to be a daycare worker or teacher who kidnapped the child, it waved major red flags to me with Kyron. If it wasn't the sub, then it was someone else who worked there.

The more I think about TH, the more I think everyone was just like I was 3 years ago. Emotional and wanting some one to blame, so pointed their fingers at the closest reasonable answer.

3 years ago I was angry wishing they would arrest TH. But now, I really think some one else got away with it, because Kyron happened to have a weird step mom.

The info about the subsitute teacher leaving the school came from Kyron's friend, TP. I am not sure how reliable a 7-year-old is though.

"And she was like 'oh no where's Kyron there's only five' and Mrs. Porter was like it's okay calm down, calm down he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water and she said alright I'm going to leave and she left, " says TP

If a substitute teacher who was supposed to be in Kyron's class all day suddenly left without advance warning at the same time Kyron disappeared it would be very coincidental but she could have been assigned in that class just to shepherd a group of the kids around at the science fair and then left to do something else as planned when the science fair was done.

The police haven't done their job if they haven't checked her movements out.

PORTLAND, OR (KPTV)

Desiree Young, the mother of missing Portland boy Kyron Horman, is dismissing her civil suit against Terri Horman, because she said her case can't move forward without compromising the criminal investigation.

"Because my civil case cannot move forward without the police files, it is with great disappointment that I make this difficult decision," Young said.

http://www.kptv.com/story/22967375/mom-of-kyron-horman-plans-to-give-update-on-civil-case

:stormingmad: I had such high hopes that Desiree's civil suit would lead to some answers about Kyron ...

JMO and MOO : but WHY can't these "police files" be released ?

:stormingmad: WHAT is there to lose at this point ? It's been 3 long years that Kyron has been "missing" !

:please: for Desiree !

:please: that Kyron will be found !

Kyron's case was the first case I posted about on Websleuths, and it was such a volatile, divisive case that I ended up taking a break from Websleuths for three years until I started following the Alanna Gallagher case. I think about Kyron often, and I'm so sad that he hasn't been found.

I was one of the few that was never convinced of Terri Horman's guilt, and I remain unconvinced to this day. I think Terri is definitely a troubled woman, that Kaine and Terri's marriage was troubled, that there were definitely issues in the home, but I think that there is no smoking gun about her guilt.

I usually adhere to Occam's Razor in that the simplest explanation is usually the correct explanation. For me, if Terri wanted to do away with Kyron because she was tired of the responsibility of raising him, it makes no sense for her to take Kyron to school, photograph him, be seen with him, and then somehow sneak him out without anyone noticing. She couldn't know that he wouldn't be missed that day, which would've greatly affected her master plan to kill and dispose of him. Personally, I've never really believed she had him abducted to protect him; that scenario is extremely problematic.

After he went missing, she had her daughter with her, and we know she went to a couple of stores. Kyron was either unconscious in her vehicle or complicit in hiding while she was in these stores or Terri somehow managed to sneak Kyron out of the school without anyone seeing them and get him into another vehicle at the school without anyone seeing them. For me, it's just too complicated.

There are too many ways this could've and would've gone wrong, and she would've been seen or someone would've cracked. She wasn't someone with unlimited resources or money that could afford to keep up this charade.

I think there are two possible scenarios -- Kyron wandered away from the school and fell to his death somewhere on/near the school campus, or because of the fair a predator saw an opportunity and took it. Either way, I don't think Kyron is alive. I pray he will be found, and that his family will find peace, though.

I am an Oregon native, and was in Portland at the time of the disappearance. I invested so much emotion into the Kyron search, that I got so hot headed, and criticized TH's every action. I finally got so overwhelmed that I had to just take a big step back and try to stop figuring out on my own who done it.

I was one of the earliest in the game to point fingers at TH because of her strange behavior. But since those days, I have moved 2000 miles away from Portland, and allowed my emotions to calm quite a bit.

With that being said, seeing Kyron in the news again, made me want to go back and review the earliest news reports.

Immediately something screamed in my head, "He who smelt it dealt it." The sub was the first person to point out he was gone. When his absence was dismissed, the sub quickly left the school?!

3 years ago I would not have thought much about that. But with the fact that in the past year, I have followed 3 different missing kids cases, where it turned out to be a daycare worker or teacher who kidnapped the child, it waved major red flags to me with Kyron. If it wasn't the sub, then it was someone else who worked there.

The more I think about TH, the more I think everyone was just like I was 3 years ago. Emotional and wanting some one to blame, so pointed their fingers at the closest reasonable answer.

3 years ago I was angry wishing they would arrest TH. But now, I really think some one else got away with it, because Kyron happened to have a weird step mom.

If a substitute teacher who was supposed to be in Kyron's class all day suddenly left without advance warning at the same time Kyron disappeared it would be very coincidental but she could have been assigned in that class just to shepherd a group of the kids around at the science fair and then left to do something else as planned when the science fair was done.

The police haven't done their job if they haven't checked her movements out.

I think a major problem with this case is that Terri quickly emerged as LE's primary focus, and they never adequately investigated other possibilities, IMHO. There was so much time, money, press, LE ego, etc. invested in Terri being guilty that she was never going to be allowed to be not guilty.

I think much of that mindset remains.

Here we are, three years later, and Desiree dropped her civil suit because of the ongoing criminal investigation. What investigation? Sure, Dede finally talked, but if her testimony had resulted in anything probative or corroborative in terms of Terri's guilt, then Terri would've been arrested, IMHO.

At some point, just for sake of argument, it might be worth meaningfully investigating others. The worst that could happen is nothing, and that's the best that they've had for three years.

i wonder if Terri is going to be allowed unsupervised parenting time

Terri Horman's lawyers pressed for the first time to contest it this year, and sent subpoenas last month to Kaine Horman and to sheriff's Deputy Bobby O'Donnell, one of the lead investigators into Kyron's disappearance. The subpoenas also sought any investigative documents that may have been provided to Kaine Horman that would support his allegations that Terri Horman "is being investigated by law enforcement for involvement in violent crimes."

Multnomah County prosecutors, the county's attorneys, Kaine Horman's lawyer and O'Donnell moved to quash the subpoenas, arguing that any testimony by investigators or disclosure of evidence would jeopardize the criminal inquiry. DeDe Spicher, Terri Horman's friend, recently testified before a grand jury in the case, according to Rosenthal.

In place of the restraining order, a no-contact order will go into effect between Kaine Horman and Terri Horman as their divorce proceeding proceeds.

"At some point we have to get divorced,'' said Kaine Horman, in an interview later Tuesday. "We can't be left in this state forever.''

Terri Horman's lawyers are expected to file a motion for parenting time to allow Terri Horman to see her daughter, now 4 1/2 -year-old Kiara.

"In my mind, it's too little too late,'' said Kaine Horman, of any effort by Terri Horman to have parenting time with their daughter.

What is the difference between a restraining order, and a no-contact order?
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...on_hormans_mother_to_drop_c.html#incart_river

Two questions:
Is it a fact that cell phone records indeed tracked Terri Harmon to a remote island area ~the very same day Kyron was reported missing?

Has DeDe Spicher given statements (on Teri Harmon) to LE prior to the testimony she gave before the Grand Jury two weeks ago?

Two questions:
Is it a fact that cell phone records indeed tracked Terri Harmon to a remote island area ~the very same day Kyron was reported missing?

I only ever heard it reported on the news, they never said the police said that though. I remember something about Terri admitting she was out there, trying to get the baby to sleep. However, LE seemed very interested in Sauvie Island and searched it many times.

But honestly, I have been guilty of not sticking to my routine, in order to take a joy ride out around the country. Some of the places I've gone would look SUPER suspicious if a crime were to happen in my family during that time.

Terri said she was on SI driving around to get the baby to sleep. I for the heck of it drove my car from SI to Skyline Elementary one time to see, and it's not all that far of a drive. So her explanation doesn't seem too unreasonable to me.

I hope LE focused on RSOs and teachers etc when Kyron vanished. At the same time that they were looking at the family.

There was so much reported at the time, I'm not sure what was embellished, but TH failed polygraphs and walked out on one yes?

I hope LE focused on RSOs and teachers etc when Kyron vanished. At the same time that they were looking at the family.

There was so much reported at the time, I'm not sure what was embellished, but TH failed polygraphs and walked out on one yes?

According to reports, she walked out on one. I've never been convinced Terri failed her lie detector tests. It's permissible for LE to lie and say a person has failed in order to produce a confession, and I've always believed that may be what happened with Terri. Honestly, I don't remember the exact circumstances of her lie detector tests (I think there were two, with the third being the one she walked out on), but I remember thinking at the time that LE may have lied to Terri in an effort to pressure her to confess.

According to reports, she walked out on one. I've never been convinced Terri failed her lie detector tests. It's permissible for LE to lie and say a person has failed in order to produce a confession, and I've always believed that may be what happened with Terri. Honestly, I don't remember the exact circumstances of her lie detector tests (I think there were two, with the third being the one she walked out on), but I remember thinking at the time that LE may have lied to Terri in an effort to pressure her to confess.

Was it at this point Teri Harmon stopped cooperating with LE and hired an attorney?

Has DeDe cooperated at all with LE? I guess where I am going with this is reguarding her sworn testimony before the Grand Jury.To our knowledge is this the first time DeDe has answered questions about her knowledge of Teri Harmon's activities surrounding Kyron's disappearance?

Was it at this point Teri Harmon stopped cooperating with LE and hired an attorney?

Has DeDe cooperated at all with LE? I guess where I am going with this is reguarding her sworn testimony before the Grand Jury.To our knowledge is this the first time DeDe has answered questions about her knowledge of Teri Harmon's activities surrounding Kyron's disappearance?

I followed the case very closely in the beginning, and I have followed it from a distance for the last two years. To my knowledge, and according to reports, Dede's cooperation is a new development; however, also to my knowledge, nothing has come of her answering questions, which is telling, IMHO.

If DeDe is coming up with information now that she wasn't willing to share in the beginning, it might be that she has since learned new things about her character in the past couple of years that she didn't see before. Hindsight is often 20/20.

If DeDe is coming up with information now that she wasn't willing to share in the beginning, it might be that she has since learned new things about her character in the past couple of years that she didn't see before. Hindsight is often 20/20.

:seeya: That is an interesting theory ... and if so, DS is not liking what she is seeing.

I was thinking more along the lines that maybe DS is finally starting to realize that there is "no way out of this" and her only way out is a "deal" ?

In her deposition, DeDe pled the 5th over 100+ times which IMO is very "telling" ... you only plead the 5th for yourself, which is the way I understand it ... you don't plead the 5th on behalf of your BFF - especially when a child is "missing" and your BFF was the LAST person seen with this "missing" child.

Oh, I just wish Kyron would be found !

:please: for Kyron and Desiree and Kaine !

If there is a GJ about this case, shouldn't there be a decision eventually about whether they are going to charge someone? It can't go on forever, right? Also, has it been the same 12 people who have been on the GJ for this case since it started? I am just confused about how exactly the GJ works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb