Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm . . . how to put this? I think they're being human -- often illogical and not always pretty. I can understand why they've got to believe this "history of Terri" they're putting out. (If I thought someone killed my child, my interview would be, "Freaking murderous freak!!! I never trusted that shady whackjob killer beeotch!")
But I don't really think this helps much in understanding Terri or Kyron's disappearance.

Bingo!

IMO

I thought DY said she couldn't say some reasons she thought TH is a liar because of the investigation. If so, than TH's lies didn't have to take place on or after June 4 for them to have investigative value.

I didn't put much stock in that because she was put on the spot to come up with some examples----not just answer yes or no to a question, AND because Kyron is on her mind day and night, not to mention that she is probably just worn to a frazzle.

Looking at the big picture of this interview is important I think.

It comes out at the same time as a tour of Kyron's Medford home.

It sounds like it is a press pool project since he is asking other reporters questions like this is something the press has agreed on.

From the picture where Kaine is just staring at Desiree it looks like they are in someone's home.

All the talk is about T.

T's best friend was caught coming out of the Grand Jury yesterday.

Press conference today.

Kaine and Desiree sitting in one of their homes and the baby is probably there, just talking about her. This has to be tearing up T.

I wonder if it was setup to get a response from her.

I was wondering the same thing Dr. Fess. The looks exchanged between Desiree and Kaine in the televised interview last night and Desiree saying 'yes' as though she knows how things are in this home - acting like a supporting, caring, and loving person toward Kaine and mom for Kyron and knowing all about baby girl...I wonder if this wasn't a set-up to attack Terri's sense of being an involved, loving mom? So far this character assassination hasn't worked, how long will it continue? moo

I'm not sure how that can co-exist with Desiree's description of baby K as "the apple of Terri's eye". In fact, it was one of the primary points people used to tear into Terri and use as proof that she had to be guilty was that she seemed inordinately interested in her daughter to the neglect of Kyron. No pictures of him on FB, etc. but tons of stories and pics of the baby.

The same way some people justify that Casey couldn't have killed her child - look at all of the happy pictures of a well cared for Caylee. She just couldn't have done it with such proof. And the stories Cindy Anthony spins - Casey was such a devoted mother of the year. She was working and paying for a nanny. She loved Caylee and would never hurt her. And I could go on and on and on. Maybe DY previously thought that those pictures of and stories about baby K meant that baby K was well cared for and that TH was a good to mom at least to baby K.

Pictures do not tell the whole story. Stories don't tell the whole story. I do think TH was inordinately interested in her own daughter - inordinately interested in what a great mother her own daughter made her look like. If people see how well cared for and happy baby K is, then they'll have a hard time believing TH is capable of hurting a child.

You'd never think there was any unhappiness in the home I grew up in our family pictures. Yet my mother was hateful to me, expected perfection, and constantly wanted to change me into something I wasn't. She yelled, pulled my hair when angry with me, and beat me and my siblings with paddles for punishment, sometimes leaving bruises. There was a lot of emotional and physical abuse. But any of that in a picture, email, letter, anything family or friends could see? Never ever in a million years. Only happy, smiling pictures of a nice looking family instead. Only stories about how great her kids are and what a great home we had. No one would believe what abuse went on in our home and would probably be shocked to learn of it.

I think KH wasn't paying attention, and I think TH wasn't being this great mother she's been made out to be. I think she was more concerned that everyone THINK she was this great, involved mom. I honestly think she neglected all THREE kids, and Kyron got the brunt of it, unfortunately.

I do know, also, that I don't like all of this airing of dirty laundry. I do think DY and TH have been thinking hard and going over every single detail, and that's why there are inconsistencies. Also, I do think there are some barbs aimed directly at TH too. However, regardless of whether TH was a great mom or not, that is not finding Kyron and bringing him home.

Please, please, please....Kaine and Desiree....no more interviews. You are damned if you do, and damned if you don't....so, just don't. To many, you are no longer seen as victims. You're seen as tormentors of Terri who caused her to do whatever you believe she did to Kyron.
The excuses for whatever you believe to be her suspicious actions are coming fast and furious. I'm afraid that Kyron is being left behind with the focus on you and the zeal to defend Terri. God Bless you both....and Kyron.

IMHO, this is an unfair misrepresentation of the very civilized discussion about Desiree and Kaine's conclusions about Terri, that day, their belief about her role in Kyron's disappearance, and how and why they arrived at those conclusions.

Discussion about Kaine, his role in the family, and his statements are valid insofar as he lived with the boy who is missing the woman he believes is responsible.

If Kaine cheated on Terri, flaunted it in front of her, if he was mentally, physically, and verbally abusive, I wouldn't excuse Terri's actions if she abducted and murdered Kyron; however, examining those actions might provide clues as to why she did it and where he is.

Terri didn't exist in a vacuum and, IMHO, you can't solve a puzzle if you only look at half of it.

I would just like to know why KH started 'missing' things in 2005.

Didn't he say in a previous interview that things were fine until the baby K was born?

And wasn't one of the sources in the blended family article talking about how he and Terri met his ex sister in law.

The changes and all speak volumes.

I didn't put much stock in that because she was put on the spot to come up with some examples----not just answer yes or no to a question, AND because Kyron is on her mind day and night, not to mention that she is probably just worn to a frazzle.

I agree. I know a habitual liar, and I'm often hard pressed to come up with a single example that wouldn't take forever to explain.

Oh, and while I've got this posting window up, I might as well add that I think Kaine not wanting to relate exactly how he and Terri got together may be because Terri might have been married at the time. She got divorced the year Kyron was born.

Why did DY not have a picture up of her other son on the wall next to Kyron's picture in the hallway?

I agree. I know a habitual liar, and I'm often hard pressed to come up with a single example that wouldn't take forever to explain.

Oh, and while I've got this posting window up, I might as well add that I think Kaine not wanting to relate exactly how he and Terri got together may be because Terri might have been married at the time. She got divorced the year Kyron was born.

BBM - Hmm. Hadn't thought that, let sleeping dogs lie, etc.

I know what you mean about the habitual liar thing. I was married to someone who just couldn't resist lying. He'd tell you just enough of the truth, in his lies, to get your confidence. And yes, talk about trying to explain to someone.....

I'm intrigued by the differences of opinion about this audio. I was okay with it.

I didn't feel it was a smear campaign. Questions were asked and answered. They could have said, "No, sorry, we're not talking about that." They did give answers, some of the answers might have come off as smears, but if the questions were answered as truth as they know it...well? Were they supposed to sugar coat things? They did avoid certain questions, reasonably so -- had they answered the questions, or answered some of them more fully, then again the answers could have been seen as smears. So, it seemed they avoided smear too. As they answered, if there were little bits that bothered some people, or that might have been painful for Terri, well, these people were mere lambs by comparison to what my responses would have been. Talons and fangs would have been etching the audio.

As for some of the things Kaine mentioned, which made him look to many people like "where were you buddy" -- well, I can tell you that this doesn't sound rare to me. Bothersome, surely, but I remember being his age and I remember when my husband was his age. I can relate to both of us being with our heads either in the sand, or we just didn't get certain things, or we weren't what we should be... I know of people who are in their 50s, 60s and 70s before they get all manner of thing, and many do not comprehend until some major event or until after massive counseling. While it would be nice to be able to expect more from a 36 year old male (or female, for that matter), well...I'm never surprised at what we miss. My husband and I are on top of 60, and there are times I wonder "will we ever learn?" We make mistakes all the time.

So...I might say Kaine's honesty about what he missed permitted him to smear himself... I wish he would be a little kinder to himself, it was not he that disappeared Kyron. If he made errors, well who doesn't -- his errors were not the reason Kyron disappeared. They may have been the reason a divorce was en route, but he thought they had worked through that. What he didn't know... In 40 something years of marriage, we've had divorce loom many times...and there were times I am SURE that my husband thought all was well, but I was brewing in a big way. That didn't cause me to take out a contract on my husband, nor did it cause me to do anything more violent than slam a few doors and shout far too often and painfully. So...I'm sure no one else slams doors or shouts, right?

As for inconsistencies, I saw a few -- for some reason I just didn't consider them hugely noteworthy. I also felt that if they had sat at the table for another 2 hours the inconsistencies could have been questioned and sorted out. These people didn't have another 2 hours.

So...I guess I'm on the flip side of the coin with this audio thing. When questions and answered were planned and answered via email, that didn't work for people. I liked it. When loose questions are asked, then answered, that isn't working for people. Wow...who can win AND if there is a win situation, perhaps someone could write it out and email it to them. That these 2 can even get out of bed in the morning, or put one foot in front of the other from day to day seems miraculous to me under the burden they are carrying.

Terri's attorney is listening to all of this, I guarantee it. The more talking that others do, the more ammunition Mr. Houze will have if/when this ever gets to trial. There were numerous contradictions that came out in the audio interview from what has been said publicly in previous interviews. The more these players talk the more likely they are to trip themselves up and forget what they've said before. Give 'em enough rope.... jmo
BBM - LOL - that is just what DH and I said in unison while a go when I played this interview.

TH wanted KH so bad she broke up a marriage to get him.
He married her but it was not what she expected?
Love? Lust? Babysitter?
TH did her thing and he did his.
2005 she body builds and drinks...for his attention?.........he could care less?
Baby K conceived in 2008?, born in 2009?..........a plan by both or just TH??
Seems like KH was not real involved with his wife. JMOO
If TH drank herself to sleep every night for 6 months..........lonely? depressed? unloved?
Something very wrong in the marriage.......JMOO
TH wanted a hit on KH and now KYRON is paying the price.....why???
TH KNOWS!
Was it to get even with both bio parents???

alcoholics drink because they are alcoholics. The sky is blue-reason to drink. Sky is gray-reason to drink. Happy- reason to drink. Sad-reason to drink.

Alcoholism is a very weird disease and there is denial on many people's parts- spouses, parents, sibs, etc.

I think they say 1 drink is too many and a million not enough.

I was just talking to someone and he was telling me about his drinking days long ago and how crazy his thought processes were.

And how powerless his family felt until his wife said it was her or the booze.

It's interesting ,too, about the roles that the children play in an alcoholic family.

The clown, the golden child, and the child who is the source of all problems in the family.

Too much on this topic, but a good one to find out about as it is the cause of so much misery.

I have to edit because of the issue of codependency.

No one makes the alcoholic drink and no body is responsible for the alcoholic drinking, No one can stop the alcoholic from drinking except the alcoholic. People can quit enabling, but at some point people in alcoholics lives have to save their own and get out and away.

Terri had mentioned to DY that she did not know when she would pick up science project, and KH tried to make it sound like she did know.

The reason KH tried to make it sound like she did know is because she told him that's why she needed the truck on June 4th----was to bring the project home and then didn't do that. So then when he and DY get together to discuss different things Terri said to each of them, he was confused.

Why did DY not have a picture up of her other son on the wall next to Kyron's picture in the hallway?

Perhaps she didn't want photo ops of it and his picture put on the web?

Edited: woops, RoughlyC, you beat me to it

Listening to the interview, I wanted to walk over to KH and DY, turn off their microphones, and say to them, "Stop. Please. Just stop." If the intention is to evoke a response from Terri, they're obviously fighting a losing battle. While I admire their courage, it just ain't gonna happen.

So little that came out in the interview related to how TH might be responsible for Kyron's disappearance. Drinking and self medicating? Hmm...maybe. Emails that were too short, confusion about why she used the truck, and a science project that wasn't picked up from school don't amount to a hill of beans. What has developed from the interviews is a one sided, one dimensional portrait of a family with all of its warts and moles exposed. They're doing themselves a terrible injustice, IMO. And though I still lean toward TH as the culprit, it's not fair to her, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro