Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I realize most here are Terri supporters, KH and DY believe she killed/abducted Kyron. Terri tried/wanted to have KH killed.

I'd be reaming her also. Every chance I got. I don't blame them for anything they say.

I'm not a Terri supporter, I just want to see Kyron found. I want to know what happened to that little boy.

I don't blame them at all for being angry. If I thought someone had harmed one of mine, or had information as to what had happened to them, I'd want to throttle it out of 'em.

There's a lot that bothered me about this interview. Most importantly, clear contradictions with what they've said in previous interviews. And if not contradicting prior statements, they were saying stuff that just made no sense at all or just couldn't be (completely) factual. And of course, the underlying theme that Terri was no more than a live-in nanny, taken advantage of by all concerned and --- as Kaine has made crystal clear --- not worthy of his attention or even notice of what she did from day to day. No awareness of her needs, feelings, emotions ... completely detached and essentially stating he knows nothing about anything in her life. Except her exact weight over three years ago.

I guarantee Houze is going to use this, every bit of it. And if LE can't come up with anything more concrete than what it appears they have, Terri is going to walk. Houze will make sure that all these contradictory statements and (IMO) lack of real physical evidence plants that reasonable doubt in the mind of the jury. While this is no doubt cathartic for Kaine and particularly Desiree, it's going to carry a heavy price tag in the end.

This just needs to stop.

The "strategy" isn't working. I hesitate to even call it a strategy. I don't know what the hell it is, but I no longer believe it's due to anything a profiler has suggested to them. I think the most effective way to get to Terri is to ignore her; stop making this all about her. If Terri is evil personified, and she certainly is if she abducted and harmed Kyron, then (IMO) this sort of thing will only make her dig in her heels. If she's a narcissist, she's loving the attention. If she is the sociopath as many claim her to be, none of this is going to make her come clean. All it's going to do is give Houze a ton of ammunition to use at trial and engender a certain amount of sympathy for Terri among those who aren't yet convinced she's guilty. Ya know ... the type of people likely to be chosen as jurors.

Gosh it is so intriguing to me how a given group of, say, 200 people or so, all see the same thing, but don't see the same thing.... And, i have to say, I think this is why a jury "works" in most cases. We all approach what we see with our own experiences to color that.

I see people who are exhausted, at wits end, and are doing anything and everything they can possibly think of to obtain answers to where their son is.

Like I've seen other people say, if they really wanted to throw TH under the bus, they could have painted a far worse picture of her than what they now see, in hindsight, as questionable behavior.

I see confusion at times, and it doesn't send up a red flag for me.

I see Kaine is likely embarrassed, and ashamed- as he should be, for the way he and Terri started their relationship, and how he treated Desiree.

If anyone were to ask me now about the man I married 13 years ago, and divorced 3 years later, I would give similar answers, and I believe people would say the same things about me. That I am labile, say one thing one time, and something else another, because I do.

I recall good and bad things and depending on when you ask me, my mood, and how reflective, melancholic, or self actualized and forgiving I am feeling at that moment, you may get very different answers.

Now, given all of the "conflicting" statements made by Kaine or Desiree as to TH and the last 7 years, their various marriages, realtionships, etc., I still see no reasonable explanation for the few things that do point to TH as having some part in this.

MFH allegations and sting operations, LDT failure reports, reports of pinging in the wrong place cell phones, personal friends questioned, with their homes being searched and LDT's being administered, RO's being granted, hiring of spectacularly effective defense attorney, and a personal friend being subpoenaed to a GJ.

All MOO naturally, as noted in my first sentence, we are all colored by our very personal life experiences in our interpretations, and that's OK...

I question tho..... If one's spouse tried to have you killed, AND did something evil with your child, how polite you'd be about that person in an interview.

And I think LE gave their blessing on all this.

I'm not so sure, not to this degree.

IMO, this is going to backfire and probably hurt them at trial.

Their fury is totally understandable. But express it in private, with a counselor, to investigators. Don't allow it to get so far out of hand that you either don't recall your prior statements or simply don't care, and hand the defense ammunition that could well cause that person to walk free.

While I realize most here are Terri supporters, KH and DY believe she killed/abducted Kyron. Terri tried/wanted to have KH killed.

I'd be reaming her also. Every chance I got. I don't blame them for anything they say.

Although I have lots of problems with the info/conflicting info they give out in this interview, and other aspects of this case, I am not in any way a Terri supporter. I don't expect them for one minute to be nice or not rude to Terri. I understand how they feel. I have a problem with some of what they say and what it implies. And I am really tired of conflicting information or things that make no sense when they say them.

But there has only been and only will be one person in all of this that I support. That person is Kyron. Only Kyron. The rest will have to fend for themselves.

I'm not so sure, not to this degree.

IMO, this is going to backfire and probably hurt them at trial.

Their fury is totally understandable. But express it in private, with a counselor, to investigators. Don't allow it to get so far out of hand that you either don't recall your prior statements or simply don't care, and hand the defense ammunition that could well cause that person to walk free.
I have to respectfully disagree. As Kyron's biological parents, their righteous anger will not backfire at a trial, but only make them sympathetic to a jury.

Anger is an appropriate human emotion when you think someone has betrayed your trust, stolen your child, and possibly lied to police. I don't see their anger as unusual or misplaced. Just my opinion.

Expecting them to care about TH's feelings at this point is just unrealistic, imo.

Edited to Add: I don't think there were all that many discrepancies in what they said, either. There were things going on they didn't know about. Maybe they are guilty of being distracted parents too busy with their own lives, which is regretable but not a crime. TH on the other hand has a crazy story that doesn't match her cell phone pings. The evidence is what is going to get her, not the attitude of her husband or Desiree.

I'm not a Terri supporter, I just want to see Kyron found. I want to know what happened to that little boy.

I don't blame them at all for being angry. If I thought someone had harmed one of mine, or had information as to what had happened to them, I'd want to throttle it out of 'em.

There's a lot that bothered me about this interview. Most importantly, clear contradictions with what they've said in previous interviews. And if not contradicting prior statements, they were saying stuff that just made no sense at all or just couldn't be (completely) factual. And of course, the underlying theme that Terri was no more than a live-in nanny, taken advantage of by all concerned and --- as Kaine has made crystal clear --- not worthy of his attention or even notice of what she did from day to day. No awareness of her needs, feelings, emotions ... completely detached and essentially stating he knows nothing about anything in her life. Except her exact weight over three years ago.

I guarantee Houze is going to use this, every bit of it.
And if LE can't come up with anything more concrete than what it appears they have, Terri is going to walk. Houze will make sure that all these contradictory statements and (IMO) lack of real physical evidence plants that reasonable doubt in the mind of the jury. While this is no doubt cathartic for Kaine and particularly Desiree, it's going to carry a heavy price tag in the end.

This just needs to stop.

The "strategy" isn't working. I hesitate to even call it a strategy. I don't know what the hell it is, but I no longer believe it's due to anything a profiler has suggested to them. I think the most effective way to get to Terri is to ignore her; stop making this all about her. If Terri is evil personified, and she certainly is if she abducted and harmed Kyron, then (IMO) this sort of thing will only make her dig in her heels. If she's a narcissist, she's loving the attention. If she is the sociopath as many claim her to be, none of this is going to make her come clean. All it's going to do is give Houze a ton of ammunition to use at trial and engender a certain amount of sympathy for Terri among those who aren't yet convinced she's guilty. Ya know ... the type of people likely to be chosen as jurors.

Kaine was an inattentive husband, no doubt of it. But why would Houze make use of that in a criminal trial? So Kaine was an a$$ of a husband - so what? If Terri is criminally tried for MFH or child abduction, Kaine's relative attentiveness in their marriage won't have anything to do with proving her guilty or innocent of kidnap, murder or MFH.

And it probably won't even matter in their divorce. Being an inattentive husband isn't a crime.

About the strategy: I'm wondering if it WAS working, but TH's attorney had a better strategy. And that was to take TH (an unlikeable character who couldn't seem to stop doing insane things publicly to show what a loon she was) OUT of the spotlight.

I imagine Houze told her in no uncertain terms: STOP talking to people, stop sexting, stop emailing and facebooking, no more press conferences, no more statements to the police, no more LDTs, no more complaining about unfair treatment and cell pings to anyone who will listen! From this moment on you are not seen or heard. You can only hurt your defense by doing pretty much anything at this point. Take your face and voice out of people's consciousness.

And it's working. She's no longer leaving a press trail of suspicious, downright crazy behavior. People are forgetting how insane she seemed with sext-gate and sending naked pictures instead of searching or cooperating with LE and showing men sealed documents and telling folks to lie to her attorney. The longer Terri is quiet, the more Kaine and Desiree look like bullies. The less of Terri's behavior a scared, angry, justice-seeking public can dissect for signs of mental illness, the more this justice-seeking public will analyze Kaine and Desiree. I think THAT is Houze's strategy and it's working just fine --- as long as there is no new news being generated about Kyron.

I have to respectfully disagree. As Kyron's biological parents, their righteous anger will not backfire at a trial, but only make them sympathetic to a jury.

Anger is an appropriate human emotion when you think someone has betrayed your trust, stolen your child, and possibly lied to police. I don't see their anger as unusual or misplaced. Just my opinion.

Expecting them to care about TH's feelings at this point is just unrealistic, imo.

Edited to Add: I don't think there were all that many discrepancies in what they said, either. There were things going on they didn't know about. Maybe they are guilty of being distracted parents too busy with their own lives, which is regretable but not a crime. TH on the other hand has a crazy story that doesn't match her cell phone pings. The evidence is what is going to get her, not the attitude of her husband or Desiree.

I tend to agree with your edited portion here. But I'd like to see a thread with the so-called discrepencies listed, similar to the one with 'facts as we know them' <parpahrase of thread title>. After listening & reading a variety of interviews, I came away with the notion that because so much of whats been said (by KH & DY) has been alternately based on what TH herself said..and then what LE subsequently said..that it stands to reason there would be some of what sounds like conflict.

I tend to agree with your edited portion here. But I'd like to see a thread with the so-called discrepencies listed, similar to the one with 'facts as we know them' <parpahrase of thread title>. After listening & reading a variety of interviews, I came away with the notion that because so much of whats been said (by KH & DY) has been alternately based on what TH herself said..and then what LE subsequently said..that it stands to reason there would be some of what sounds like conflict.

Actually, we don't even know TH said it. We only have KH, DY, and TY saying she said whatever. So, we must take that with a grain of salt also.

Loads of self contradictions, loads of speculation. Nothing from LE.

Kaine was an inattentive husband, no doubt of it. But why would Houze make use of that in a criminal trial? So Kaine was an a$$ of a husband - so what? If Terri is criminally tried for MFH or child abduction, Kaine's relative attentiveness in their marriage won't have anything to do with proving her guilty or innocent of kidnap, murder or MFH.

And it probably won't even matter in their divorce. Being an inattentive husband isn't a crime.

About the strategy: I'm wondering if it WAS working, but TH's attorney had a better strategy. And that was to take TH (an unlikeable character who couldn't seem to stop doing insane things publicly to show what a loon she was) OUT of the spotlight.

I imagine Houze told her in no uncertain terms: STOP talking to people, stop sexting, stop emailing and facebooking, no more press conferences, no more statements to the police, no more LDTs, no more complaining about unfair treatment and cell pings to anyone who will listen! From this moment on you are not seen or heard. You can only hurt your defense by doing pretty much anything at this point. Take your face and voice out of people's consciousness.

And it's working. She's no longer leaving a press trail of suspicious, downright crazy behavior. People are forgetting how insane she seemed with sext-gate and sending naked pictures instead of searching or cooperating with LE and showing men sealed documents and telling folks to lie to her attorney. The longer Terri is quiet, the more Kaine and Desiree look like bullies. The less of Terri's behavior a scared, angry, justice-seeking public can dissect for signs of mental illness, the more this justice-seeking public will analyze Kaine and Desiree. I think THAT is Houze's strategy and it's working just fine --- as long as there is no new news being generated about Kyron.

While I agree that TH stopping those behaviors can only work in her favor (sexting, facebooking, etc)...I disagree what her silence makes KH & DY look like bullies. Perhaps I'm a lone island, but I think their public attempts to keep this story in the public eye, even though much of it casts suspicion TH's way...make them look like desperately concerned parents. Whereas TH's silence, particularly not trying to fight for at least rights to visit her own daughter, makes her look strictly self interested. JMO

Actually, we don't even know TH said it. We only have KH, DY, and TY saying she said whatever. So, we must take that with a grain of salt also.

Loads of self contradictions, loads of speculation. Nothing from LE.

True, a good point. I have given quite a bit of credit to TY's impressions of things she said early on and reactions she had. I see somewhat of an objectivity with him (as opposed to DY certainly)..not to mention his LE background. As for not coming from LE...well, no. TH's statements to the family of 3 in those early days..her reactions to the questioning and polygraphs, etc...those wouldn't come from LE..as they were discussed in with and in the presence of the other 3 and not LE.

While I agree that TH stopping those behaviors can only work in her favor (sexting, facebooking, etc)...I disagree what her silence makes KH & DY look like bullies. Perhaps I'm a lone island, but I think their public attempts to keep this story in the public eye, even though much of it casts suspicion TH's way...make them look like desperately concerned parents. Whereas TH's silence, particularly not trying to fight for at least rights to visit her own daughter, makes her look strictly self interested. JMO

No I totally agree with you. I didn't mean to say I thought they looked like bullies, but that the strategy was to keep Terri quiet so that Kaine and Desiree *would* look like they were ganging up on someone who wasn't defending themselves.

I don't understand the lack of fight for her daughter, even if her attorney is telling her not to. :(

No I totally agree with you. I didn't mean to say I thought they looked like bullies, but that the strategy was to keep Terri quiet so that Kaine and Desiree *would* look like they were ganging up on someone who wasn't defending themselves.

I don't understand the lack of fight for her daughter, even if her attorney is telling her not to. :(

Oh ok, I see..thank you for that clarification. I don't understand the lack of fight in that either..if for, at the very least, supervised visitation. I can't even consider a (positive) reason why an attorney or parent or both would be against that much.

I don't believe their anger is misplaced or unusual, just to be clear. That's not my point. IMO, cell pings aren't going to convict her, and all these discrepancies and contradictions can be used to plant a seed of doubt in the jurors minds, even while they are sympathetic to the parents.

Cell pings can show you in another area that you are not. If there is an arrest and trial, an expert will explain, it is complicated yet simple. Even the police in the area have been noted on the scanner stating I am not there, I am over here, cell is just pinging there.

My guess would be that he is a minor and she wants to protect his identity. Moo...

Excellent guess, imo. I think they've done a fairly good job of keeping the other children out of the public eye, with the exception of a small blurb in the audio about little KH not asking mom & having a new demeanor <paraphrased>.

I keep thinking, man, I bet KH wishes he never divorced her. She comes across as a great person.

I have thought the same thing. I really have to wonder if KH actually loved TH. It seems more like a marriage of convenience. And once DY was gone, I think he decided just to 'buy the whole cow' so to speak...I am sure he regrets that now! IMO...

I went to bed a while ago (but could not sleep) feeling kind of tired of D&K...but I am back up and feel bad for feeling that way. I know they are saying a lot of things that they may even regret and that I regret them saying, mostly because I don't think it helps the case at all and they are raising eyebrows.

But I am over my petty feelings about their comments and am feeling a great deal of compassion and sympathy for both of them, and their other children and Kyron's cousins, aunts, uncles, etc...If Kyron's whereabout keep me up in New Mexico, I can't begin to wrap my mind around what Desiree, etc. are feeling or how they are even functioning at all.

I hope they somehow can find some peace someday, but honestly, I'm not sure they ever will.

Thank you for this post. When I finished listening to that interview whatever respect I did have for the "parents" was gone. I was even having a hard time seeing them as "grieving" parents. To me, they seemed vindictive and accusatory with precious little "evidence" to go on. I had to get up, walk around, straighten up my house a bit before I could tone my comments down.

Your post was very sensible, fair to a large extent. While I still dislike what I heard from KH and DY, I'm trying to see them as hurting people despite what I hear coming out of their mouths.

Thank you again. My blood pressure dropped a point or 2.

My opinion only

No, it's not. But his claims that essentially he knew NOTHING is rather unbelievable. And it's from a time prior to their marriage and in the beginning, when he previously claimed all was just peachy.

Exactly.

I disagree that most here are Terri supporters. Most here seem to me to be Kyron supporters, looking hard to find out what happened to this precious little boy, and willing to look objectively and with open mind at the information available.

I have yet to see anyone 'support' or as was said in another post 'defend' Terri.

If we want to find out what happened to Kyron, and who did it, we need to look at all the people in his life, and all the information available, and analyze it.

We don't need to make any character judgements. We don't need to bash anyone. And I mean anyone. That's not helpful to Kyron and finding out what happened to him. But we do need to look at the people and the information and analyze the behaviors without making character judgements.

It's what we're here for. It's within TOS. And we are smart, savvy sleuthers who can do it. We can do it for Kyron.

:cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member