Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering possible target audience(s) for yesterday's taping for the Oregonian (the Largest local circulation,etc.)

The target audience wasn't us. (Obviously). No new information about Kyron.

But, when the reporter asked Kaine & Desiree directly why they feel others could be involved or know what happened to Kyron, and if they felt Dede was involved, Kaine sidestepped a little. The answer was something like this: over the years they have learned how Terri operates. Terri didn't necessarily tell someone the whole truth, but she may have told many different people a part of the truth - and those people do not realize that they might know something helpful or important to finding Kyron. Upon taking all these pieces of the truth and considering them together, they contend they believe it will be helpful in figuring out the real truth.

Sadly, they are begging for even tidbits. They are repainting the picture of Terri for anyone who might be withholding information - so that they will come forward with anything - even a small thing.

Message for any of Terri's friends and associates: Here's the REAL Terri. She lies. She fooled us. She lied to you. She fooled you. Think about what you know and tell us and help us find Kyron. (This may include Dede & her counsel...)

Message for any actual accomplices, or those with knowledge of accomplices and/or those holding Kyron: Here's the REAL Terri. She lies. She fooled us. She lied to you. She fooled you. You are helping her based upon her lies. Tell us what you know. Help bring Kyron home.

Message for Terri's Legal Team: Here's what you are dealing with. An accomplished liar. A complicated, layered and sick person who may also be an addict. Handle with care. Help Terri bring Kyron home.

JMHO - another possible context for the interview objectives of Team Kyron.

Maybe Kaine didn't read the article where J's dad stated that the reason J moved out was because he and Kaine were butting heads.

There are just too many inconsistencies with the stories but I have to wonder who in this picture has more reason to not be truthful.

Well, if anything, it didn't come from J's dad's mouth, but from an article.

If you listen to the radio interview, Kaine does NOT deny butting heads with J. Specially because he has a very structured parenting style and J is a 16 year old guy. He said he was trying to be a parent and two man in the house DID butt heads. But, that in the end of the day, J trusted him more than he trusted Terri. He also said "if anything, J's relationship with Terri was way worse than my relationship with him".

1. People are upset because Kaine won't tell how he met Terri.

2. People are upset because they are answering questions about their personal lives that people have been wondering about.

What exactly are these parents supposed to be doing?

They answer lots of things the public wants to know.

They won't answer some other things.

If it was my child that was missing, I would do whatever it takes to keep his mind out in the public so he doesn't become just another forgotten missing child.

If Terri wants her story out there, go for it.

She could get huge bucks for it I am sure.

She has not been charged with a thing. Nothing.

Why doesn't she use her high priced attorney to get the truth out there.

Because if she is innocent, what in the heck is the PROBLEM? What exactly is the problem?

I know Terri was at the school that morning until approximately 8:45. I know that she was at the gym at 11:39. As for the rest of her timeline? At this point, I don't trust anyone's version. Until LE comes out and tells us they have videos and receipts that place her *wherever*, as far as I'm concerned that chunk of time is unaccounted for.

However.

I know for a fact that there are hours upon hours in my day that I couldn't provide an air-tight alibi if necessary. Just because she can't be ruled out (as to where exactly she was every minute after leaving the school) doesn't mean she's guilty of harming Kyron. And because LE apparently can't get over this hump, I fear there may be someone out there getting away with murder --- be it Terri OR someone else.

Which makes me wonder.... If Houze believes Terri to be innocent (well, even if he doesn't), is it likely he has his own PIs investigating what happened that morning? Or is that something he'd do after she's charged and he has access to what the DA has in evidence?

BBM

That is why in North America you don't have to prove innocence, but the onus is on the crown/prosecution to prove guilt. It's virtually impossible to prove innocence.

I'm not a Terri supporter, I just want to see Kyron found. I want to know what happened to that little boy.

I don't blame them at all for being angry. If I thought someone had harmed one of mine, or had information as to what had happened to them, I'd want to throttle it out of 'em.

There's a lot that bothered me about this interview. Most importantly, clear contradictions with what they've said in previous interviews. And if not contradicting prior statements, they were saying stuff that just made no sense at all or just couldn't be (completely) factual. And of course, the underlying theme that Terri was no more than a live-in nanny, taken advantage of by all concerned and --- as Kaine has made crystal clear --- not worthy of his attention or even notice of what she did from day to day. No awareness of her needs, feelings, emotions ... completely detached and essentially stating he knows nothing about anything in her life. Except her exact weight over three years ago.

I guarantee Houze is going to use this, every bit of it. And if LE can't come up with anything more concrete than what it appears they have, Terri is going to walk. Houze will make sure that all these contradictory statements and (IMO) lack of real physical evidence plants that reasonable doubt in the mind of the jury. While this is no doubt cathartic for Kaine and particularly Desiree, it's going to carry a heavy price tag in the end.

This just needs to stop.

The "strategy" isn't working. I hesitate to even call it a strategy. I don't know what the hell it is, but I no longer believe it's due to anything a profiler has suggested to them. I think the most effective way to get to Terri is to ignore her; stop making this all about her. If Terri is evil personified, and she certainly is if she abducted and harmed Kyron, then (IMO) this sort of thing will only make her dig in her heels. If she's a narcissist, she's loving the attention. If she is the sociopath as many claim her to be, none of this is going to make her come clean. All it's going to do is give Houze a ton of ammunition to use at trial and engender a certain amount of sympathy for Terri among those who aren't yet convinced she's guilty. Ya know ... the type of people likely to be chosen as jurors.

ITA!! Wish I could hit the thanks button more than once.
I wonder, when was this audio interview done? After that "big" presser yesterday or before?
Seems like Kaine and Desiree prefer to have one-on-one interviews where they are allowed to elaborate on answers to questions rather than face questions at a presser when time doesn't permit them to expound a little. Hmmm... makes ya wonder.
Whatever their reasons are for making this all about Terri, and very little about Kyron... it ain't working. It's making them look worse. I can understand their feelings, really I can. But what I don't understand is, well... all the rest of it. I don't believe Kaine's attitude of nonchalance about this. He is coming across as someone who has just emerged from a coma the past several years, and has no clue what was going on in his life up until his son disappeared. Did he even know his wife at all? I guess not.
I am just........... underwhelmed at the moment.

Well, if anything, it didn't come from J's dad's mouth, but from an article.

If you listen to the radio interview, Kaine does NOT deny butting heads with J. Specially because he has a very structured parenting style and J is a 16 year old guy. He said he was trying to be a parent and two man in the house DID butt heads. But, that in the end of the day, J trusted him more than he trusted Terri. He also said "if anything, J's relationship with Terri was way worse than my relationship with him".

Yes BUT Terri's name was not mentioned when the dad was asked why J moved out. Kaine's name was and it was stated "J moved out because he and Kaine butted heads". Nothing about Terri in that statement. I will look for the article however I know when I read it I thought that J and Kaine didn't get along.

It's not a big deal really until you look at the whole picture. Once again Terri is being painted in a bad light and he wants us to think that HE was the level headed one in the relationship between Terri's own son and Terri. I am not buying it until I hear J or J's father retract their first statement.

Not sure if she hired him and yes, I would be paranoid about my husband wanting me dead and would want to know the reason. We don't know if this is fact - no arrests yet.

Surely, Terri didn't wake up one morning and decide she wanted to off her husband! What was going on in the marriage that she would consider resorting to criminal behavior? moo

does it matter what was going on in the marriage for her to think of criminal behavior?

It's OK to off your husband because of what reason? If he's doing something so horrible, leave.

She has parents. She could leave with her children and tell Desi and Tony about Kaine . After all, Tony is LE .

She is not without resources like so many women are who still leave without offing their husbands.

She is smart enough to document proof of whatever it was that was so horrible that he was doing.

I don't see how this interview could be used by Terri's defense in the (decreasingly likely) event she ever goes to trial for either the MFH or Kyron's disappearance. She wouldn't be prosecuted based on whether or not, many years before the crime, she slept with a married man, drank herself to sleep, lost too much weight in too short a time, or habitually lied to her husband's ex. There's no defense that goes "The victim's parents said mean things about me, and it wasn't all true."
If Terri is indicted for a crime, there will be evidence and testimony about the crime that the defense attorney will have to contend with, and I doubt he would even want to call the victim's parents to the stand if he could keep from it.
Now, if Terri would like to sue Desiree and Kaine for libel, then that's a separate issue from a criminal trial, and she'll need to be prepared to prove that what they are saying is untrue.
We went through a lot of these same issues when Beth Holloway was talking about Joran van der Sloot.

J was a student at Lincoln High School in Portland, where he was on the swim team and played trumpet in the school band. Tarver says Terri Moulton Horman sent the boy to Roseburg in March this year because his grades were slipping and he was acting out at home.

“He and Kaine on occasion butted heads, because J is hard-headed,” Tarver says.

If anything, it says TERRI sent her son away.

And he actually blames his son for butting heads with Kaine on occasion.

BBM

Does anyone recall if he went to LE or did LE find him?

TH's cell phone records led back to him. So the landscaper didn't come forward - police went to him and that's when they found out about the murder for hire plot, then they warned Kaine.

They got the landscaper to wear a wire and contact TH for money, but she must have been suspicious and cut off the conversation. About the Sting

Considering possible target audience(s) for yesterday's taping for the Oregonian (the Largest local circulation,etc.)

The target audience wasn't us. (Obviously). No new information about Kyron.

But, when the reporter asked Kaine & Desiree directly why they feel others could be involved or know what happened to Kyron, and if they felt Dede was involved, Kaine sidestepped a little. The answer was something like this: over the years they have learned how Terri operates. Terri didn't necessarily tell someone the whole truth, but she may have told many different people a part of the truth - and those people do not realize that they might know something helpful or important to finding Kyron. Upon taking all these pieces of the truth and considering them together, they contend they believe it will be helpful in figuring out the real truth.

Sadly, they are begging for even tidbits. They are repainting the picture of Terri for anyone who might be withholding information - so that they will come forward with anything - even a small thing.

Message for any of Terri's friends and associates: Here's the REAL Terri. She lies. She fooled us. She lied to you. She fooled you. Think about what you know and tell us and help us find Kyron. (This may include Dede & her counsel...)

Message for any actual accomplices, or those with knowledge of accomplices and/or those holding Kyron: Here's the REAL Terri. She lies. She fooled us. She lied to you. She fooled you. You are helping her based upon her lies. Tell us what you know. Help bring Kyron home.

Message for Terri's Legal Team: Here's what you are dealing with. An accomplished liar. A complicated, layered and sick person who may also be an addict. Handle with care. Help Terri bring Kyron home.

JMHO - another possible context for the interview objectives of Team Kyron.

Excellent observation Emma..Thank you

For those who are now back on the fence about Terri, do you guys believe KH or DY abducted their son?

I mean, what is your belief now? That the parents of this boy are accusing Terri because they are both responsible? And this was just a ploy to hurt and assassinate Terri's character? I mean, really?

NO... not me, not at all.
To believe Terri may not be the one responsible does not equate to the bio mom or dad being responsible. There are other possibilities.

I understand you guys about a "random perp" being responsible for the abduction/murder.

But as for Kaine's sudden suspicion???? I really believe hearing his wife hired a hitman to murder him some months ago would do it for most of us. Don't you agree?

EXACTLY! This harkens back to my impression that Kaine lived so much in his own little world, he was pretty much unaware, uninvolved and removed from what ever was happening around him. If she was so fed up that she could hire a hit man and he didn't even notice anything was "wrong" in the marriage, what does that tell us???

My concern is hearing about her drinking, I really wonder how Kyron was being treated ( or was he just ignored by both of them?) It takes a murder threat for KH to sit up and pay attention, and she doesn't even seem to protest about the RO & not being able to see her daughter.

If she was capable of planning a MFH for her husband, what might she be capable of regarding a stepson whom might have been so much of an aggrevation to her, or at the least, one who was cutting into her very important social agenda.

I think that DY/KH are not stupid. I think that they have access to excellent advice and are willing to use it.

I think saying that Kdoesn't miss her in the least and that Terri was the problem with her older son is excellent strategy.

I think that they are hoping something will push her buttons and she will make some mistakes.

Past behavior predicts future behavior.

The Michael Cook episode was stupid. The MFH was stupid. Perhaps there are other stupid things she has done under pressure and they are hoping for new ones.

I understand you guys about a "random perp" being responsible for the abduction/murder.

But as for Kaine's sudden suspicion???? I really believe hearing his wife hired a hitman to murder him some months ago would do it for most of us. Don't you agree?

Respectfully....... no. Not really. If it were me, and I knew that happened 6-7 months ago, I guess I would be thinking... I'm still alive, so either she called it off, gave up, and changed her mind. And I would not associate wanting to kill ME as wanting to kill MY SON. There's a little difference there. IMHO.
And I doubt that I would think she had thoughts of doing harm to her own sweet baby, just because at one time she wanted me dead.

I have to say that anyone with a serious thought of harming their spouse can "git-er-done"... IF they really want to. I'm thinking that if the deed wasn't done in that length of time... it wasn't gonna happen. IMO.

The term "players" is, and has been, used throughout WS to refer to the principals to cases. There's nothing disparaging about it. There's nothing cruel about it.

It's simply a common term, widely used throughout the forum, to refer to all the people in a case.

We mods use it all the time.

I thought they were considered victims. :waitasec:

Sorry I missed where the mods were referring to them now as "players" or just principals in this case. Did this just happen?

TH's cell phone records led back to him. So the landscaper didn't come forward - police went to him and that's when they found out about the murder for hire plot, then they warned Kaine.

They got the landscaper to wear a wire and contact TH for money, but she must have been suspicious and cut off the conversation. About the Sting

Hi Thought, I'm confused. I've now re-read that article you linked three time and I don't see anything where LE declared that they'd gone to LS after cellphone records led to him.

This is the first I've read that cellphone records caused the LS to emerge from the shadows.

Anyone have any links?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member