Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean do I think that Kyron's father Kaine hired his wife Terri a lawyer?

Because Terri doesn't work. So logic would say that she could not hire her own lawyer. Perhaps she has family that could help her with that...

But, I do not know what to think as far as whether or not she has a lawyer.

I have to disagree with regard to a married person not being able to hire a lawyer simply because they do not receive the paycheck in the family. In fact, that's illogical.

Ask every stay-at-home spouse that's ever initiated a marital dissolution action without ever consulting their paycheck earning spouse.

Easy Peasy.

He is afraid of being without his glasses is because he has very poor vision without them. He needs them to be able to see.

Poor little Kyron. My son is the same way. When he was small, he wouldn't step foot out of the bed til he put his glasses on and would panic if he couldn't feel around and find them immediately upon waking.

For some reason, when they talked about Kyron's fear of being without his glasses, it made me wonder if perhaps some older, bully child(ren) might've lured him away from the building and then taken his glasses from him, leaving him to roam blindly trying to get back. What an awful scenario. Don't know why that occurred to me, but it did.

I just can't get over how cute Kyron is. He is such a darling little boy. I hope wherever he is that he can feel all of our love.... :beats:

Have we confirmed that Terri's phone pinged on Sauvie Island? I've heard the rumors but I'd like to see it in an article or in a quote from LE.
I just listened to Shep Smith on FOX who had on a talking head. After discussing the interviews this morning Shep asked this TH what he thought LE was centering on now {not verbatim}.

I was very surprised when this guy said LE wants to know info anyone has on Terri being at SI on June 4th. He did say she has been placed there on that day. I almost thought of calling the tip line from a comment I read written by a local after some article but realized that would be worthless. But I sure hope LE reads all those comments.

Do you think LE is able to get the names of posters who write those comments under news articles? It would be odd if someone wrote something they had seen in a comment and then not call the tip line, but you just never know about people, right?

What an odd thing to say. My husband is visiting his mother and father today. I would never say, TTBOMK, he is visiting his mother and father today. If he said it, I believe it, and that's how I would express it
"To the best of my knowledge", uh, he went to the science fair.
He has doubts.

In the last 18 hours...

1) Bio parents failed to convincingly clear SM during 4 national TV interviews...
2) Issued 3 family videos which imo provides another indicator of their belief in Sm's involvement:

ie The videos all show Terry's involvement in Kyron's prior school activities...accompanied by her younger daughter. Yet on that day she chose not to go to Kyron's talent show...instead she spent time online...why?

3) 201 photos of Kyron from diaper to the soccer field aged 7... not one of which shows the stepmother "whom Kyron loves" and who has raised him since he was an infant.

Not sure what else they can do at this stage to make their position plainer...jmoo.

I continue to believe the bio parents and LE think the SM knows what happened ...although I strongly believe they doubt she was the one that did "it"...whatever "it" turns out to be.

Some people might state that since I am a stay at home mom that I "do not work" either. I can assure those people that is an erroneous assumption! I can also assure them that should I ever have reason to need one, that even though I do not receive a standard paycheck, I could easily afford to hire and pay for my own attorney. My family would not need to contribute a single penny to aid in my legal representation.

I would assume that TH is quite capable of doing so also, even though there is no indication that she has done so.

jmoo

You are very wise though. :) You are independent AND financially independent. Desiree appears to be the same way to some extent. Many people are not. Maybe I lean immediately towards that assumption because most of the people around me are the "the man takes care of the woman and the woman does the dishes and takes care of the kids" type of situation. I am one who fixes my own cars, stacks my own hay bales and puts together my own swing set. The mindset around me drives me absolutely crazy.

However, very few woman I know, have any type of financial resources of their own if they don't have a job outside the home. You call them and say "Hey, I saw that table you were looking for and it's on sale." They say, "Oh ok, I will ask my husband if he will give me the money to go get it!" That's why so many people I know remain in abusive relationships. If they had been wise like you, they likely would have an alternative.

I don't know if Terri's body building won a lot of money or not. That is possible. Other than that, she taught school for one year. I've seen nothing about working from home or anything and I would think she would have shared that, she shared almost everything. Kaine made $90k a year at Intel according to news reports. To me that would be a lot, that is the most we have ever made in a great economy. Definitely enough for 2 car payments, gym membership, house payment, etc even with her staying at home.

Just to clarify, I did not mean that being a stay at home mom wasn't work. I meant that she doesn't work outside the home. I am a stay at home mom with two children with special needs, it is work.

In the KGW article, it is reported that multiple searches of the home were conducted, without a warrant. I find that curious.

Why is that curious? If my child were missing I would throw open my doors...my LIFE for LE to search. Don't bother wasting time on a warrant.

My first response to reading about the interview is almost anger. It's so odd the think that the family might actually believe that he wouldn't be gone this long. What on earth did they think happened to him? The portal swallowing him up is unreal and illogical. And, if Kyron is afraid of being without his glasses, then why, they should have always been there for him. Was he terrified of breaking them or something. I think my feeling of anger is, if they felt that he may have wandered away and lost his glasses, then why weren't hordes of people out searching everywhere for him, and why didn't they believe that he could have been taken. I'm not being snarky towards the family, it's just upsetting to think that they may have been fooled into thinking that Kyron did this to himself by wandering away.

What? :waitasec:

Hordes of people WERE out searching for him. IIRC they said this was the biggest search and rescue operation ever in OR. I don't think they ever said he wasn't taken - just that they had no evidence pointing to that, so who knows?

The fear about the glasses is NORMAL for someone with such impaired vision. My child can't even see enough to find his glasses if he takes them off and doesn't put them in the exact same spot every time. It is terrifying - for the person who can't see and for the parents who know he couldn't find his way out of bed without them.

And I think the disbelief that he's been gone this long is the desperate need to believe that they would find him, he'd be home, it would all be a big misunderstanding and he'd be okay. Not that they are foolish or even in denial, but just unable to fathom how they will go on if he is found dead or seriously harmed or...maybe worse...never found at all.

The comment about the portal was not a real theory of the crime. It was a statement that there was so little evidence, so little to go on, that it was as if a portal had opened up. An expression to show how little evidence there really is.

And again, to me, that doesn't sound like someone who suspects Terri. I know you will say they are just kidding themselves because they know her, but I think as a detective, Tony would have clued Desiree in if he even thought there was a chance of that.

I thought they did an admirable job, and this thread is exactly the reason LE has encouraged them to keep a lid on the media.

Watching/reading the interviews today, three weeks gone by, I get the initial feeling the parents are at as much of loss as to what happened to K as we are.

So at face value, I'm now more puzzled why LE would say it was an "isolated" incident.

This worries me, because I don’t think LE ever actually said this, and I think it is affecting our communal thinking about what may have happened here, and about how much LE does or does not know. I think the news media paraphrased him (incorrectly, IMO) and this is being picked up repeatedly by other media, including social media (and on these threads).

I think what Jason Gates said was, “We have no reason to believe that this is anything other than an isolated case.” That was on Day 5. That’s a far cry from knowing it IS an isolated incident. It simply means they have no specific evidence that points to it being a random abduction. It does not conversely mean that they do have specific evidence pointing to it not being random. The same holds true for similar comments he has made about no reason to believe that other kids are in any danger or at risk, etc. He may have no reason NOT to believe it either, but it doesn’t help to send our community into a panic based on no evidence. (And there has been plenty of local coverage about teaching our kids stranger danger, nevertheless, as there probably should be.)

Can anyone point to a direct quote from Jason Gates or other LE connected with the case stating explicitly, “This is an isolated incident”? TIA.

In the last 18 hours...

1) Bio parents failed to convincingly clear SM during 4 national TV interviews...
2) Issued 3 family videos which provide imo provides another indicator of their belief in Sm's involvment.

The videos all show Terry's involvement in Kyron's prior school activities...accompanied by her younger daughter. Yet on that day she chose not to go to Kyron's talent show...instead she spent time online...why?

3) 201 photos of Kyron from diaper to the soccer field aged 7... not one of which shows the stepmother "whom Kyron loves" and who has raised him since he was an infant.

Not sure what else they can do at this stage to make their position plainer...jmoo.

I continue to believe the bio parents and LE think the SM knows what happened ...although I strongly believe they doubt she was the one that did "it"...whatever "it" turns out to be.

Okay, where's BeanE's elephant when we need it? LOL.

Here's what I see from my position on this elephant:

1) Bio-parents can't clear Terri. That would be LE's responsibility.

2) Aren't they lucky Terri went to school for Kyron's show and took those videos? Actually, now that you mention it, we don't know that Kaine wasn't at the performance for parents. It could have been Kaine taking that video, for all we know. We do know Kyron's lucky that his stepmom cares enough to go to school and film his first engineering presentation so the rest of the family can enjoy it forever.

3) 201 photos of Kyron from diaper to the soccer field aged 7... so very many likely taken by the stepmother "whom Kyron loves" and who has raised him and photographed him since he was an infant.

I do agree that the bio-parents do not believe Terri did anything to Kyron. :)

Can someone please explain biomoms response to the question "Why did you wait so long to speak directly to the public?

She said (paraphrase)... its been three weeks, we never thought he'd still be missing after 3 weeks.

She's married to a detective who knows only too well the stats for happy endings go down dramatically after 48 hours absence... so what's she been thinking since June 6?

I just listened to Shep Smith on FOX who had on a talking head. After discussing the interviews this morning Shep asked this TH what he thought LE was centering on now {not verbatim}.

I was very surprised when this guy said LE wants to know info anyone has on Terri being at SI on June 4th. He did say she has been placed there on that day. I almost thought of calling the tip line from a comment I read written by a local after some article but realized that would be worthless. But I sure hope LE reads all those comments.

Do you think LE is able to get the names of posters who write those comments under news articles? It would be odd if someone wrote something they had seen in a comment and then not call the tip line, but you just never know about people, right?

I'd love to watch that clip. Does Fox normally post interviews online?

Okay, where's BeanE's elephant when we need it? LOL.

Here's what I see from my position on this elephant:

1) Bio-parents can't clear Terri. That would be LE's responsibility.

2) Aren't they lucky Terri went to school for Kyron's show and took those videos? Actually, now that you mention it, we don't know that Kaine wasn't at the performance for parents. It could have been Kaine taking that video, for all we know. We do know Kyron's lucky that his stepmom cares enough to go to school and film his first engineering presentation so the rest of the family can enjoy it forever.

3) 201 photos of Kyron from diaper to the soccer field aged 7... so very many likely taken by the stepmother "whom Kyron loves" and who has raised him and photographed him since he was an infant.

I do agree that the bio-parents do not believe Terri did anything to Kyron. :)

Didn't Desiree have Kyron until he was 2 yrs old and she got sick?

What an odd thing to say. My husband is visiting his mother and father today. I would never say, TTBOMK, he is visiting his mother and father today. If he said it, I believe it, and that's how I would express it
"To the best of my knowledge", uh, he went to the science fair.
He has doubts.

He went on to say in the same sentence that that was the last time anybody saw him. I believe that's what the "to the best of my knowledge" refers to, the overall events of the morning and specifically the last time Kyron was seen by anyone.

In the last 18 hours...

2) Issued 3 family videos which imo provides another indicator of their belief in Sm's involvement:

ie The videos all show Terry's involvement in Kyron's prior school activities...accompanied by her younger daughter. Yet on that day she chose not to go to Kyron's talent show...instead she spent time online...why?

1. They didn't clear themselves either, did they?
2. Dad didn't go to the talent show either. We also don't know how small of a part Kyron would be nor do we know if it was open to parents or just for the school.
3. If you were to look at photos of my family you wouldn't know I was a part of it. I'm the one behind the camera. Doesn't mean I don't love my family or harm them. Just means I like taking pictures of them and I am the one taking the photos.

And if I were the Bio-mom and had any thoughts or indication that the SM had anything to do with my son's disappearance there's no way in hell I would be able to contain myself no matter what LE says.

Can someone please explain Terri's response to the question "Why did you wait so long to speak directly to the public?

She said (paraphrase)... its been three weeks, we never thought he'd still be missing after 3 weeks.

She's married to a detective who knows only too well the stats for happy endings go down dramatically after 48 hours absence... so what's she been thinking since June 6?

I hate to read into what moms and dads of missing kids say during interviews, but I found her answer strange as well. So, Desiree is saying that she didn't make a public plea earlier because she thought (during the first appearance) "oh, this will all be over soon!!??" She was more comfortable then??

That said, I don't think for a second Desiree has any shady dealings in regard to her missing son.

I'd love to watch that clip. Does Fox normally post interviews online?

I'd love to re-watch it too to get everything verbatim. I don't think on news shows they publish a transcript like they do on shows like 'On The Record'.

They might well repeat the little segment tho. I have to go to work so can't listen for that, but maybe someone else can. xox Rats, Cavudo is on now.

No need to "bawl", it isn't your child. I believe there's more of a need to WATCH every move and hear every word with an unjaundiced eye. What isn't said or acknowledged is probably more important than what is.

My opinion only
It does not have to be your child in order to feel emoctionally connected to the child after praying for him for three weeks.. Heck the Caylee case effected my family so much we named our adopted daughter Cayleann . Caylee will now have a little girl named after her where the abuse was broken. It is TOTALLY OK to
bawl when sad over a child being harmed. MOO

I will feel sad over every child that I know that is being harmed /kidnapped and mistreated.

From the GMA interview:

"It's like a portal opened up in the school and Kyron just vanished into it." -Desiree Young

Doesn't sound like someone who suspects Terri to me. Just my :twocents:

My thoughts on DY's (possible) stance on TH are this...she's keeping her friends close and maybe (possible) enemies closer.

If I were DY & even KH for that matter, as hard as it would be I would do everything in my power to keep it together IF I had the slightest suspicion of who the POI was...even TH.

Did TH story about that day continue to show discrepencies with this last LD test?

I also have to wonder about the timing of the second LD test and the bio parents speaking out...is there any significance?

Watching both parents made me want to just reach in to the tv and hug both of them...so sad! :(

One thing to remember, is that these are people not used to being in front of a camera. I have been interviewed a couple of times, and my answers to a lot of the questions ended up being ridiculous, because I was so nervous and not used to being in front of a camera. And, that was without the pressure of having my son missing.

It's really hard, IMO, to gauge what's really going on with them in this setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18