Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He may feel considerable urgency that is not shown to the media. He is in a very different position than Desiree, as the current suspect (regardless of whether she has been officially named as such) is/was his wife. He has every reason to be cautious about what he says.

What the public sees of crime victims (and suspects) is not the whole story.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/104248539.html

Kyron's family had to see this or been told..........heartbreaking........

"Bones, we are looking for bones"

OMG, to see it written, really touched me.

On this balmy Sunday, searchers were instructed not to talk to the media or discuss their tactics. However, we did overhear one searcher with a dog – one of five dogs sniffing over Sauvie Island Sunday – say "Bones, we're looking for bones."

Ok, if this gets me TO'd, so be it.

That is pure unadulterated bull****.

This reporter knew searchers were not to talk to media but chose to include this remark not only in his article, but to make it the damned headline. Completely unnecessary.

I am pissed beyond words.

:furious:

Agreed. I hate the 'men are rational and logical' and 'women are emotional' paradigm.

Actually, I think it's evidence that they are at different points in the grieving process rather than a logical vs emotional issue.

On this balmy Sunday, searchers were instructed not to talk to the media or discuss their tactics. However, we did overhear one searcher with a dog – one of five dogs sniffing over Sauvie Island Sunday – say "Bones, we're looking for bones."

This reporter knew searchers were not to talk to media but chose to include this remark not only in his article, but to make it the damned headline. Completely unnecessary.

I agree - that was so out of line...like hiring a clown for a funeral service.

I've not seen where the public in general has been impatient.

I think the amount of calls, online remarks to news media, possibly even reading some of these message boards that Kaine and LE are aware people were starting to lose faith in the investigation. If you look back over the weeks news stories at least two or three started with "Is the Kyron Horman investigation a cold case?" Kaine may not read these boards directly, but I'm sure someone he knows someone who does and I would think someone in LE reads many of them too.

JBean, I agree with you with the exception that I don't think it is a wiring difference between men and women, it's a wiring difference between KH and DY.

For instance, I am a woman and yet I tend to be more like KH in the way I approach things: logical, weighting the rational over the emotional, etc. My husband weights his emotions more and is more intuitive than I am. Together, we generally get to the same places at the same time but we travel different routes.
Hi grainne. I was speaking in broad generalities and from what we have learned about DY and KH to date. I agree it does not ring true for all in all areas and I myself tend to be more like you. Heck i love football and hate shopping LOL.
Don't want to derail the thread with differences between men and women,but there is no question that there are differences in brain wiring between males and females and how they process information . but I do concur that it does also come down to how different people deal with situations.

I personally hate it when grieving parents try to talk to the media only to have every word, movement, facial expression picked apart.

I'm not directing this to anybody per say...but it really gets under my skin.

We went through this for months in Somer's case.

None of us know how we would feel, what we would say, how we would say it. We are not in their shoes.

I understand sleuthers wanting to watch close and try to get into their heads, but IMO it's impossible.

I see two parents who love their son very much. Who after 4 months, must be about to break. They will not always agree with EVERYTHING 100%. No parents ever do. This is a horrible situation for them to be in. I'm sure they never in their wildest nightmares thought they would ever have to face something so aweful.

I think, as divorced adults, they have done WONDERFUL as far as sticking together for their son. I'm sure there is bad blood between them. They are ex's. There has to be a reason. But, they are being civil, sticking together, for Kyron.

I commend them both for how they have handled themselves throughout this. I'm not so sure I could be as strong as they have been.

I think DY's presser the other day was just a mother needing to beg for what's needed for her child. I can not imagine the raw emotion that was going through her. So she didn't say everything right, maybe confused a few people. Oh well. She did what she felt she had to do. She was trying to be strong for her son.

And KH, has really held it together so well. He is also a form of stregnth for Kyron.

What awesome parents Kyron has. IMO / JMO / MOO

I personally hate it when grieving parents try to talk to the media only to have every word, movement, facial expression picked apart.

I'm not directing this to anybody per say...but it really gets under my skin.

We went through this for months in Somer's case.

None of us know how we would feel, what we would say, how we would say it. We are not in their shoes.

I understand sleuthers wanting to watch close and try to get into their heads, but IMO it's impossible.

I see two parents who love their son very much. Who after 4 months, must be about to break. They will not always agree with EVERYTHING 100%. No parents ever do. This is a horrible situation for them to be in. I'm sure they never in their wildest nightmares thought they would ever have to face something so aweful.

I think, as divorced adults, they have done WONDERFUL as far as sticking together for their son. I'm sure there is bad blood between them. They are ex's. There has to be a reason. But, they are being civil, sticking together, for Kyron.

I commend them both for how they have handled themselves throughout this. I'm not so sure I could be as strong as they have been.

I think DY's presser the other day was just a mother needing to beg for what's needed for her child. I can not imagine the raw emotion that was going through her. So she didn't say everything right, maybe confused a few people. Oh well. She did what she felt she had to do. She was trying to be strong for her son.

And KH, has really held it together so well. He is also a form of stregnth for Kyron.

What awesome parents Kyron has. IMO / JMO / MOO

And this is an awesome post.

It's important to remember we are spectators in someone else's tragedy. This is not an Internet pastime for Kaine and Desiree....this is about their child.

They cannot ever find the perfect words to win some Internet personality contest...nor should they try to. These parents are trying, in their own ways, to keep the public interested in Kyron. All over the Internet, there are people with their own loved ones safe beside them..pointing fingers and finding fault. That mindset will never see Kaine's grief or Desiree's pain.

IMO, the "differences" between Desiree's and Kaine's words this weekend were more about focus....impatient about WHAT...patient about what?

Desiree believes Kyron is "stashed." She is consumed with impatience with Terri's silence. She wants her baby back, she wants him FOUND NOW. Her interest in Terri at this moment...is getting to what Terri knows...is making Terri tell her where a LIVE Kyron is. Desiree is impatient for Terri to reveal her secrets.

I think Kaine has begun to move on in his grief. His interest in Terri now is making her pay. He wants a perfect, methodical case that will corner Terri and allow no high priced defense attorney to find her an escape hatch. Kaine is willing to be very patient to see Terri pay in the fullest.

I've not seen where the public in general has been impatient.

I disagree. I don't know about the public, but on this board, many have been asking why there hasn't been an arrest and is there enough evidence two to four months into this. If there's that much impatience here, I can't imagine what the general public is thinking. I think there is a lot of impatience out there since this is such an immediate society. We expect things to get done as fast as we can text someone. I must be old fashioned to still think that investigations take more time than has passed at the moment.

So I don't blame Desiree for wanting to speak out. The media has been saying this case is going cold, hope is dwindling, and resources are drying up. I would think that would depress any parent of a missing child. And no two parents are going to think exactly alike. Geez, these two parents need to be left alone to suffer their loss, not have it exacerbated like a scab being pulled off of a wound repeatedly. And I find it interesting that Desiree is now getting more support when at first she was villanized for coming down so hard on TH. Apparently nothing about KH has changed though, he still can't do anything and not be looked at like he's the devil incarnate. I feel so sorry for him the most here.

And TH is still hiding out and mute. Still no word or anything from her or her camp, but that probably won't happen unless she's arrested. I hope she's comfortable in her hidey hole for a whole lot longer. This isn't going to blow over anytime soon.

I so wish Kyron would be found...

(I might be a tad cranky since I moved into a new house this past weekend and this is the first day in four days I haven't been wearing myself out).

I think Kaine is replying to message boards such as this one on which he sees constant questioning of police procedures and constant insistance that TH must be innocent because an arrest hasn't been made yet.

Yet the police said a few months ago that they have mounds of evidence to go through and they want to be thorough and get it right. The policewoman discussing the searches yesterday said the same thing.

And obviously, the more evidence they have will make for a better case in the future, so why not be patient and go through it methodically without making some knee-jerk arrest just so they can "git it done."

Also for people constantly asking "Where is Kyron?" this is a statement about hopefully finding an answer before the arrest is made - also to create a strong case and get the right perpetrator(s) and bring them to justice.

IMO, Kaine's words about "patience" also exuded a very high degree of confidence. He is focused on punishment now. He must believe that there is a serious case being built here...that LE has the guilty party pretty much nailed.

This may be the only area of this case now that brings him the smallest modicum of peace. Unlike Desiree , he may no longer believe that he will ever see his son alive again. But, his words about "patience"...lead me to believe... that he believes... that patience will have the pay-off of bringing justice for Kyron.

You and me both. I was so disgusted when I read that, 'bull****' was the MILDEST of the words that came tumbling out of my mouth.

Bloody outrageous example of the most insensitive, irresponsible, sensationalist and inexcusable gutter press tactics.

You and me both. I was so disgusted when I read that, 'bull****' was the MILDEST of the words that came tumbling out of my mouth.

Bloody outrageous example of the most insensitive, irresponsible, sensationalist and inexcusable gutter press tactics.

Trust me. I was censoring myself. :furious:

I think Kaine is being careful not to name Terri right now due to his court date this week...if it can be proved that Terri is in fact the suspect, she may win the right to delay the divorce, perhaps...

I think Kaine is replying to message boards such as this one on which he sees constant questioning of police procedures and constant insistance that TH must be innocent because an arrest hasn't been made yet.

Yet the police said a few months ago that they have mounds of evidence to go through and they want to be thorough and get it right. The policewoman discussing the searches yesterday said the same thing.

And obviously, the more evidence they have will make for a better case in the future, so why not be patient and go through it methodically without making some knee-jerk arrest just so they can "git it done."

Also for people constantly asking "Where is Kyron?" this is a statement about hopefully finding an answer before the arrest is made - also to create a strong case and get the right perpetrator(s) and bring them to justice.

Truthfully, I would doubt that Kaine has much time or the wherewithal to read message boards much. We're really not important, to put it bluntly, to the family, and we're not involved at first hand. And maybe I don't read around on enough message boards--heck, I know I don't read all that many--but I haven't seen, at least here on WS, a "constant insistence" that TH is innocent. But I know there are others who do read a lot of other boards, so I'm sure theirs is the better perspective for overall stuff.

I haven't even checked the news from yesterday yet, but after scanning the thread headers, I've gathered that they didn't find anything. I don't know if that's sad or hopeful.

Assuming that this is what the reporter heard, then he certainly should have reported it. The searcher may have been indiscreet, but the reporter was under no obligation to cover for the searcher's indiscretion. That's how the news gets reported: someone tells the reporter, directly or indirectly.

Unless it is untrue (the searcher didn't say it or the reporter didn't hear it, or the searcher said something else altogether), then it is reportable. Media shouldn't selectively censor facts it learns, regardless of whether it might upset someone.

It's up to the searcher to keep his/her mouth shut, and it's up to his/her superiors to admonish him/her.

Just take a look at the front page of your local newspaper: there's almost certainly something there that was obtained by an alert reporter who wasn't supposed to overhear it. I'm as sorry for Kyron's family as anyone else, but the mission of the SAR units is not necessarily a matter which needs to be kept secret.

On the other hand, the reporter may have been duped. Perhaps the unofficial POI is meant to believe that the SAR is looking for remains, and her reaction is being somehow monitored. If she is very emotional, then they'll know they're on the right track. IIRC, many people remarked that Casey did not get overly upset when 'bones' were found in Orlando; she became visibly upset when 'bones' were found where she apparently left Caylee.

There has been lots of complaining that the media was dancing around this case and not asking hard questions, etc...and then when they report something that people feel is insensitive there are more complaints...I guess they can't win either.

Perhaps the SAR's person should not have said this, but once he/she did, it is news. News is not meant to be censored to only print what won't hurt someone...not to mention that most or many people already believed the search was for Kyron's remains. This headline may or may not confirm that.

There has been lots of complaining that the media was dancing around this case and not asking hard questions, etc...and then when they report something that people feel is insensitive there are more complaints...I guess they can't win either.

Perhaps the SAR's person should not have said this, but once he/she did, it is news. News is not meant to be censored to only print what won't hurt someone...not to mention that most or many people already believed the search was for Kyron's remains. This headline may or may not confirm that.

Yes, I quite agree reporters have a responsibility to report things they uncover when it is news or important information that needs to be in the public domain but someone, for possibly nefarious reasons, wants to keep it covered up. This however is, IMO, no such case more just circulation boosting. I doubt ANYONE out there was under any illusions as to what they were looking for INCLUDING the press - I’m pretty sure no one was expecting to find a live Kyron who’d been playing hide-and-seek in the undergrowth for the last four months - but for whatever reasons LE wanted go with the 'just being thorough' line, maybe out of consideration for the feelings of the parents. The press were told the searchers couldn’t speak to them so it almost smacks of spite to me that these particular reporters took an overheard remark (from who knows what context since they didn’t bother to report that) and over-sensationalized it as a banner headline.

How is that responsible journalism? Who benefits from that? Not LE, not the public and certainly not Kyron or his parents. JMO.

Truthfully, I would doubt that Kaine has much time or the wherewithal to read message boards much. We're really not important, to put it bluntly, to the family, and we're not involved at first hand. And maybe I don't read around on enough message boards--heck, I know I don't read all that many--but I haven't seen, at least here on WS, a "constant insistence" that TH is innocent. But I know there are others who do read a lot of other boards, so I'm sure theirs is the better perspective for overall stuff.

I haven't even checked the news from yesterday yet, but after scanning the thread headers, I've gathered that they didn't find anything. I don't know if that's sad or hopeful.

On the other hand, I'm rethinking this. It's obvious--JMO--that KH has been working on sculpting his public image. So maybe he does read various boards and adjusts to present the best public image he can.

Actually, for a non-media person, he's done very well at controlling media--which does not speak well of the media--and also with his own presentation. So again, maybe it's like message boards are his personal--and cheap!--form of PR advisor.

I dunno. I could see it either way.

On the other hand, I'm rethinking this. It's obvious--JMO--that KH has been working on sculpting his public image. So maybe he does read various boards and adjusts to present the best public image he can.

Actually, for a non-media person, he's done very well at controlling media--which does not speak well of the media--and also with his own presentation. So again, maybe it's like message boards are his personal--and cheap!--form of PR advisor.

I dunno. I could see it either way.

I don't understand on what basis you see that Kaine has been "working on sculpting his public image." I just see a man "working on" trying to find a resolution and justice for the disappearance of his little boy.

How is he "sculpting" anything? Certainly, at the beginning of a horrific personal ordeal....few of us would be extremely comfortable making media appearances. Imagine trying to learn to do such a thing in the midst of this tragedy! Over time and with weariness, we learn to do what we have to do.
Anyone who loses a few loved ones in a relatively short period of time, for example, learns how to give a eulogy...not a "talent" one often possesses art the beginning.

I don't see Kaine controlling the media for himself ar all. I do believe, that before LE told him Terri wanted him dead, he was protective of HER. Terri was the one bemoaning how she was being discussed and reviled. I believe the two newspapers that spoke of Terri as being "investigated"...and let the most searing comments about Terri stand under their articles...are the two Kaine tried to keep from a press conference. I believe that was done in love and loyalty to his wife.

There is no proof of any "cheap" PR advice from the Blogs having ANY effect on this devoted Dad. Kaine has always been just that...a man devoted to his son, doing his best in horrific circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ula