Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The flier did say that the photo of the Ford truck was similar to the one driven by Terri though, and I think a number of people would jump to the conclusion that it was her truck that was being asked about.

Ooooh. I didn't think about that. Authority figure (in Kyron's eyes) could have said, "Your mom wants us (or you) to wait in the truck for her." Then the person could have taken Kyron to another, similar, truck. By the time Kyron was inside and realized it was the wrong truck, it would have been too late.

Stranger things have happened. It is unlikely, though, that an abductor would have had the same kind of truck.

kpw interview....

LE hasn't taken the family computer yet?? My goodness, that could be a treasure trove of evidence if a family member is involved! I'm shocked.

LE can't just take it, they have to have probable cause and a warrant, unless permission is given by the computer's owner. This includes copying the contents of the hard drive or searching the computer while it remains in place.

Mere presence in Kyron's vicinity, even if one is the last person known to have seen him and a custodial parent or stepparent, is not enough to furnish probable cause, IMO.

I find it hard to believe that LE hasn't had access to the computers. They would have asked before anyone lawyered up. If a lawyer is in the picture, being that his job is to be a zealous advocate for his client, a warrant would be required. Of course, the client does not have to do what the lawyer says, but I sure would, whether I were innocent or guilty.

but I think if my spouse was in the storm's eye about his facebook posts I would like to see them for myself so that I could defend him with the facts if needed (or be cautious about him, if the FB evidence warrants it).

It is easier and cleaner all around if one actually does not know anything or is willing to claim that.

LE can't just take it, they have to have probable cause and a warrant, unless permission is given by the computer's owner.

Mere presence in Kyron's vicinity, even if one is the last person known to have seen him, is not enough, IMO.

Right. Surely Kaine would give permission, if LE has asked. If Terri is under any suspicion (and her picture is on those flyers!) LE should be searching that computer!

BBM
Am I the only person who finds this odd? I have never heard of a 7 year old who didn't get out of bed until given permission, except maybe for children with exceedingly controlling parents. Odd.

Yes = odd. It sounds like Kyron is a timid, shy, and possibly scared child. My son is free to come get me anytime during the night should he have a bad dream, or can't sleep, or doesn't feel well. I can't imagine him having to stay in bed until I come get him. I have no idea what goes on in that household, but it's a lot different than mine.

MOO

Mel

I can't say that I blame Terri if she wanted other people to defend her since her husband seems rather reluctant to say anything strong in her defense.

Yes, especially if Terri is innocent.

I'll wager that LE doesn't want them to say anything about Terri. So far, they all have to live with her, and she is not a suspect/POI. They know Terri personally, and have for many years, and they may think she is innocent.

Either way, I'd hate to be in biodad's position. What if he strenuously defends Terri and is wrong? Then it may feel like he took sides against Kyron and that feeling would be hard to live with. What if he accuses Terri, out loud, and she is innocent? Goodbye, marriage. Hello, guilt, for accusing an innocent person whom he loves.

Even if they believe Terri is innocent, there must be a little part of them which asks, what if she isn't? That's a fine line to tread.

I'm shocked about this also. With all of the "coincidences" in this case, I wouldn't be surprised if a hard drive had recently been replaced.

I wonder if LE is still at Kyron's house all the time. If so, there could be many reasons, including preventing the destruction of potential evidence.

Yes, especially if Terri is innocent.

I'll wager that LE doesn't want them to say anything about Terri.

snipped

In one of the interviews (NBC I think) DY says they've been instructed not to talk about the investigation.

*snip*

Based on the comments the parents made about Kyron having some trouble following instructions and their having to pay special attention to reinforce the notion that he had to do as the adults said at school I would imagine that he wasn't an exceptionally compliant child.

Not necessarily. He could be more easily distracted or not listen closely. That would not mean he is noncompliant, that his intentions are to not obey.

I have a compliant child who has an auditory processing disorder. I have to make sure he hears me with his brain, and give him directions one or two steps at a time. If he does not obey me it is, with rare exception, because he did not process the request.

I am not saying that Kyron has any of these problems. I am saying that the child's intention is important in deciding whether he is being disobedient or noncompliant. Sometimes children, in my experience, have to be worked with so that they will focus on what an adult is telling them, and they want to be obedient.

I could not hear the interview too well, but at some point in the interview, Kaine stated (not a quote) something about he was there with SM when they went to the bus stop in the afternoon. I think I also heard him say something about working at home at about noon. I was just wondering if Terri went home after leaving the school, or did she return home before Kaine came home from work, or did she return home after Kaine returned home? I was just wondering because I could not hear too well on my laptop. Just curious if this question was asked or answered in the interview.

Not necessarily. He could be more easily distracted or not listen closely. That would not mean he is noncompliant, that his intentions are to not obey.

I have a compliant child who has an auditory processing disorder. I have to make sure he hears me with his brain, and give him directions one or two steps at a time. If he does not obey me it is, with rare exception, because he did not process the request.

I am not saying that Kyron has any of these problems. I am saying that the child's intention is important in deciding whether he is being disobedient or noncompliant.

OT, but thanks for your post... it has been said my son's sister may have an auditory disorder and for years when I was together with their father I never knew how to get through to her, I always assumed she was not listening or not following instructions and it made it very difficult to handle, I had mentioned several times to their father that I strongly felt she may have some sort of disorder because for her age she was quite behind in speech and her behavior seemed to be disobedient and defiant. Of course he was not willing to accept that and it all came down to me being rude and mean and having a problem with his daughter :sick: We did find out after a few years of being together that her mother had finally taken her to someone that said it did appear she had an auditory sensory disorder or something of that nature and it all made since. Of course, in his mind I still just had a problem with his daughter, his way of defending himself for not acting sooner and getting her help earlier on and learning how to best work with her for her development, I'm sure. :crazy:

I am watching the raw video now-I think that Kyron's dad looks like someone who has been sucker punched. I think both parents are very credible. JMO. They also seem to have a great relationship with investigators.

What do you make of the pumpkin patch comment?
Kaine said something to the effect that Sauvie Island was searched because it is a favorite place for the family to to visit and the school went there for field trips.

Does it indicate that someone in the family or at the school is the POI? I imagine it would be largely irrelevant for a random stranger where the family gets their pumpkins. Suppose the perp could be someone on SI who saw Kyron when the school was on a field trip.

What do you make of the pumpkin patch comment? Kaine said something to the effect that Sauvie Island was searched because it is a favorite place for the family to to visit and the school went there for field trips.

I think that LE hasn't told Kaine why SI was searched. He may think that Kyron was abducted at the school, the school has had field trips there with Kyron, and that may mean that someone directly associated with the school has Kyron.

It depends on Kyron's personality. I have one compliant child, out of four. I can understand a parent telling a young child not to get out of bed in the morning until the parent comes for him. There are too many things that can happen to a child while the parents are asleep if they are allowed to roam the house. For example, they can fall down the stairs or they can decide to use kitchen appliances and hurt themselves.

A compliant child will do as he is told simply because an authority figure told him to do something. My compliant child is 16 years old, and he will do whatever DH and I ask, simply because we are his parents. We are not controlling or authoritative parents, and he is not knee-jerk compliant with other authority figures.

Yes, ITA with the part of your post about telling a child not to get up until a parent tells him to. Besides getting hurt, I wonder if Kyron's parents might have been concerned about him wandering outside. Especially if he saw or heard his cat out in the garden. I think they were wise to have that rule....

All JMO

At about 9:22, the reporter asks about who saw Kyron at school that day.

Desiree: I know for sure that Terri dropped him off. That's what we know for sure.

What struck me about this is two things:

- Desiree's use of the phrase 'dropped him off'. 'Dropped him off' to me means 'brought the child there, the child brought stayed there, and the person bringing left without the child'. If I knew the person had brought the child, and I didn't know whether or not the child left with them, I would not use the phrase 'dropped him off'. I would say 'I know for sure that Terri brought him there.' Period. Or I would say 'I know for sure that Terri brought him there. I don't know what happened after that/from that event on'. Period.

- Desiree's use of 'for sure' - twice.

These two things together indicate strongly to me that Desiree is certain that Terri brought Kyron to school, and that then Terri left the school without Kyron.
Morning BeanE,

Your posts always get me thinking. I see what Desiree said, and how she worded it, in a different light than you do. (Where is the cartoon of the big elephant when we need it!).

The whole "dropping Kyron off," statement, when anyone says it; mostly reporters, since we haven't really heard family until yesterday, and they were not using that simple phrase, even though it was LE spokespeople speaking for them. WHY have Terri's detailed movements morphed into simply dropping this little boy off at school? Remember in the beginning how her story was so involved that there were endless possibilities and scenarios while Terri was in the school with Kyron? They were discussed in the media, they were hashed out and discussed right here. Who saw Kyron and Terri, what time, where, how long was she in the school? So different than just dropping Kyron off at school.

When, a couple of weeks ago (or so) the articles began saying that the "step-mom dropped Kyron off," it changed the whole color of this case, in my opinion. There is, in my mind, a huge difference between drooping your child off at school AS OPPOSED TO parking and going into the school with your child, touring around, taking pictures, and then saying good-bye to him near his classroom when it is near time for him to be in class.

As for Desiree saying that she knows one thing for sure: Terri dropped Kyron off at school that morning, I took away from it that Desiree sees this woman as the last person to be with her son, the last adult to be RESPONSIBLE FOR KYRON'S WELL-BEING. She may be using the phrase that has become the easiest and most common when speaking of that morning, but Desiree knows what LE has proclaimed to the world:

* Terri was the last person to see Kyron

* Terri was the last person to see Kyron alive.

I believe that Desiree knows that Terri is responsible for whatever has befallen Kyron.

My opinion and belief.

I want to point out that I really like the fact this interview was done only with Desiree and Kaine, Kyron's parents. I'm glad they came together for their son, it shows their love and support of Kyron as his parents. I would have a big problem, myself, if I saw the parents giving interviews separately and with the step parents I would not feel right about it...i.e. Ron & Misty, I wish the media would never have given that little twit the time of day. :twocents:

Yes, ITA with the part of your post about telling a child not to get up until a parent tells him to.

I got to thinking, and I've never had an only child or a child whose siblings were not very close in age. My kids will egg each other on, and I am convinced that makes it easier for them to disobey (try to get away with something) or to do things that a single child may think of, but not do. Most of this stuff happened before they were teenagers, of course.

Morning BeanE,

The whole "dropping Kyron off," statement, when anyone says it; mostly reporters, since we haven't really heard family until yesterday, and they were not using that simple phrase, even though it was LE spokespeople speaking for them. WHY have Terri's detailed movements morphed into simply dropping this little boy off at school?

Respectfully snipped:
I don't know if the story has changed but if it has I imagine it might have something to do with the incredibly small window of opportunity a stranger could have had to talk to Kyron and get away with him. If Terri toured the science fair with him the perp would not have had the opportunity to lure Kyron into doing anything without Terri seeing him. Then Terri left him in the corridor outside his classroom at 8:45 and if he never made it the few yards into his classroom and no one saw him after that, what on earth could have happened to him? Did he go missing just as Terri turned her back? Could Terri have seen the perp?

At about 3:00 in the raw video, the reporter asks if it's true Terri took 2 polygraphs.

Kaine: (big sigh continued through the first few stumbled words) um... (pause) my, I, based on where we're at with the case, I'm not gonna, I'm not gonna comment on that. I know she was speaking on behalf of Terri um, and that's actually something that we're trying to make sure is clear in our communications outward is when, we're gonna be, our family is the only group of individuals that will be speaking on our behalf. We fully expect that other people will come out with things to say, potentially defend friends or some of our family members. We expect that but we want to make it pretty clear that we're the ones speaking on our own behalf. No one else is speaking on our behalf.

I'm not entirely sure how to take this, but I think what Kaine is trying to communicate is that when others, including this friend, speak, that they are speaking on their own, and not because the family has asked them to. That the parents want us all to take only what comes directly from one of them as their word, thoughts, feelings, etc.

That's how I'm going to take it anyway, and I will look on what others besides the parents say as being from them, and not from the parents.
I makes me wonder if what Terri's friend said was true. That Terri wanted her to speak for her. When asked on national TV last weekend, the friend confirmed she was there with Terry's endorsement. I believe that she spoke the truth about that, or someone in Terri's camp would have come out against her, especially because, as I see it, she damaged Terri.

I think that Kaine is also referring to the articles written about all of their pasts and that it was Terri, her family, and friends, who did this. I see what he is saying as a definite distancing of himself (and Desiree) from his wife.

In yesterday's long, raw interview that you are referring to, and quote from above, I think Kaine was diplomatically trying to say that Terri's family and friends don't speak for them; them being Kyron's natural parents, nor for Kyron.

This is what I took away from it.

MY OPINION>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members