Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I just got called in late to work, so I have a few minutes to search.

Does anyone have a link to the video with that woman talking? I am not sure which station that was on. Maybe FOX?

There is no way they didn't know about the talent show. It was on the billboard in front of the school and in the school newsletter.

To play devils advocate for a minute...

I have a 6 year old who had a talent show at school this year. She entered an art piece (and WON the show, incidentally :dance:)

Anyway, I was working, did not attend-did not think I needed to attend because she was not performing.

She came home with a gift card for her art win and another little ribbon. When I asked what the ribbon was for she said her class had done a song and dance routine at the show as a group and they won third place.

..I had no idea about this, I certainly would have taken off work had I known

So maybe Kyrons performance was something with the whole class that they might have been thinking about doing but weren't 100% sure about or whatever.

Just thinking out loud.

(ETA: and yes, I did feel like an a$$ when I wasn't there for the awards ceremony after she won. :( )

BBM
Am I the only person who finds this odd? I have never heard of a 7 year old who didn't get out of bed until given permission, except maybe for children with exceedingly controlling parents. Odd.

It depends on Kyron's personality. I have one compliant child, out of four. I can understand a parent telling a young child not to get out of bed in the morning until the parent comes for him. There are too many things that can happen to a child while the parents are asleep if they are allowed to roam the house. For example, they can fall down the stairs or they can decide to use kitchen appliances and hurt themselves.

A compliant child will do as he is told simply because an authority figure told him to do something. My compliant child is 16 years old, and he will do whatever DH and I ask, simply because we are his parents. We are not controlling or authoritative parents, and he is not knee-jerk compliant with other authority figures.

That was the whole interview. I bolded the part that I was talking about.

I can see how they would miss the sign outside of the school. I don't always read those. Unless a notice was sent home, it could have easily been overlooked. I do have to wonder if Terri would have known, especially being at the school so much.

It depends on Kyron's personality. I have one compliant child, out of four. I can understand a parent telling a young child not to get out of bed in the morning until the parent comes for him. There are too many things that can happen to a child while the parents are asleep if they are allowed to roam the house. For example, they can fall down the stairs or they can decide to use kitchen appliances and hurt themselves.

A compliant child will do as he is told simply because an authority figure told him to do something.

*snip*

Based on the comments the parents made about Kyron having some trouble following instructions and their having to pay special attention to reinforce the notion that he had to do as the adults said at school I would imagine that he wasn't an exceptionally compliant child.

What I can't get past is Desiree saying she is starting to get scared, or whatever her exact words were, in one of the interviews.

I thought it was odd, too. Then I remembered when Son #1 was born on a Sunday, 13 weeks early, 2 lbs. On Monday, my husband and I were required to attend a death conference. There were 8 doctors and nurses at the conference table besides us. We were told Son #1 would be dead within a couple of days because he had had a massive pulmonary hemorrhage.

I refused to believe it. It was beyond my comprehension that God would take one of my babies away (he is a triplet). I prayed. At night, alone in my hospital room, I would get very upset but tried to talk myself out of that. I told everyone who talked to me that he would live. The doctors sent a social worker to talk to me because they wanted me to face facts. I was terrified to believe otherwise.

On Thursday, another death conference. I said he had lived beyond the two days and the doctors said he would be dead by Saturday because he had made no improvement.

On Saturday, he turned the corner, and the doctors and nurses kept saying it was a miracle. I agreed, because I knew the facts about his condition and its prognosis. Today he is 16 years old and in perfect health.

I don't know Desiree, but I bet she is thinking the same way I did. I was fully aware that my son might die, but I thought if I succumbed to that fear, he would. It was as though I thought my own faith and strength would keep him alive.

It isn't logical, but it isn't denial either. I've wondered since then what would have happened to me if my son had died -- there was nothing any more special about him or me than there was about one of the babies and their mothers in the neonatal ICU who did die.

I think Desiree is trying her hardest to have faith that Kyron will come home alive and unharmed. She has fear, but she tries to push it away. She is the voice of hope and love and will not succumb to fear or allow anyone else to do so in her presence. She isn't starting to get scared -- she is terrified, but refuses to let that overtake her, and she is determined to remain strong and have faith that her son will be restored to her.

This isn't a general discussion thread. Get back on topic and discuss your thoughts regarding the interviews please.

We already closed one thread. If this one gets closed, then we will assume there aren't any new thoughts on this topic and won't open a new thread.

Hm. I have five very well-behaved sons that have never stayed in their beds once their little eyes popped open. Too bad...if they did, I'd be able to sleep until noon everyday ;).

The comment that got me was Kaine said something to the effect of "when Kyron comes back, we can put this all behind us." It might have been the first interview. It made me wonder if they really might have an idea that Kyron is being held, and was almost saying to whoever has him, "we just want him back, that's all that matters." Did anyone else catch that? That struck me, more than anything else I've heard, as a plea.

Their only hope is that Kryon is being held alive by someone, so they focus on that. It would drive them crazy to think anything else, because then they would have to think of Kyron being terrified and in pain (it hurts to be abused and/or killed) and most of all, ALONE.

They may be engaging in positive thinking, they may have had a contact with someone (ransom call), or they may know something we don't know.

Anyway for the person that asked if you do a search for FOX news interview, the part where DY said that about not needing to search her home, is on there.

There is no way they didn't know about the talent show. It was on the billboard in front of the school and in the school newsletter.

Wow. I can see that Desiree did not know about it because she doesn't live there. The biodad may not have known about it, if Terri didn't tell him and Kyron didn't tell him, or he didn't listen when they did. Some people are like that -- they listen with half an ear.

That talent show question is not going to be answered any time soon, IMO. If Kyron was supposed to be in it, it begs the question of why no adult at the school noticed he was not there. That, in turn, begs the question of why they were not concerned. That begs the question of whether they made assumptions or were directly told that Kyron would not be in school the rest of the day once classes had started. If they made assumptions that were not reasonable, that takes things in a different direction than if they were directly told that morning that Kyron would not be there.

I don't think we can rely on what teachers, friends, and so forth told the media. People can tell the media one thing (putting themselves in the best light for the public) and tell LE another. Or they can out and out lie to everyone, or anything in between.

I thought it was odd, too. Then I remembered when Son #1 was born on a Sunday, 13 weeks early, 2 lbs. On Monday, my husband and I were required to attend a death conference. There were 8 doctors and nurses at the conference table besides us. We were told Son #1 would be dead within a couple of days because he had had a massive pulmonary hemorrhage.

I refused to believe it. It was beyond my comprehension that God would take one of my babies away (he is a triplet). I prayed. At night, alone in my hospital room, I would get very upset but tried to talk myself out of that. I told everyone who talked to me that he would live. The doctors sent a social worker to talk to me because they wanted me to face facts. I was terrified to believe otherwise.

On Thursday, another death conference. I said he had lived beyond the two days and the doctors said he would be dead by Saturday because he had made no improvement.

On Saturday, he turned the corner, and the doctors and nurses kept saying it was a miracle. I agreed, because I knew the facts about his condition and its prognosis. Today he is 16 years old and in perfect health.

I don't know Desiree, but I bet she is thinking the same way I did. I was fully aware that my son might die, but I thought if I succumbed to that fear, he would. It was as though I thought my own faith and strength would keep him alive.

It isn't logical, but it isn't denial either. I've wondered since then what would have happened to me if my son had died -- there was nothing any more special about him or me than there was about one of the babies and their mothers in the neonatal ICU who did die.

I think Desiree is trying her hardest to have faith that Kyron will come home alive and unharmed. She has fear, but she tries to push it away. She is the voice of hope and love and will not succumb to fear or allow anyone else to do so in her presence. She isn't starting to get scared -- she is terrified, but refuses to let that overtake her, and she is determined to remain strong and have faith that her son will be restored to her.

I tend to agree with this as my niece was born at just over 1 pound and 11 inches long 2 years ago. We were told the same (that she probably wouldn't live), but we just simply refused to believe it (we're a deeply faithful family) -- even through her roller coaster ups and downs. I think most of us were just in shock and ran completely on adrenaline for the first 3 or 4 weeks of her life (we practically lived in the NICU). Maybe Desiree is just now coming out of her 'shock' phase. No one will convince me that Desiree did not/does not love Kyron with all her heart. I imagine living without (physical) custody of him was absolutely unbearable for her...it would be for me.

I am trying to find out the location of where the photo of Kyron in the old red telephone booth was taken. Anyone know?

I find the part about Kyron staying in bed.......terribly sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro