Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That weird way of mentioning the length of time, when he didn't have to mention the time at all bugs me. Don't really know why.

I'm with you on this one... I can't imagine saying I'm going to take a vacation for an extended period of time, just throwing it out there randomly like everyone does it, right?

When they talked about the family trip to Shasta, they didn't really say which members of the family were going. It could easily have been with Desiree and Tony and not Kaine and Terrie. Desiree was talking about Kyron being excited to see "Ernie" on the big boat. I thought they were talking about a dog. Anyone know?

I was just saying that in 2008 he took a sebatical according to the notes. So now it's 2010 and he talked about a vacation coming up for an extended period of time. I wondered if he could have been planning another sebatical. Just odd... I don't know

Maybe he was planning an extended family vacation away from Terri?

:cow:

I'm with you on this one... I can't imagine saying I'm going to take a vacation for an extended period of time, just throwing it out there randomly like everyone does it, right?

Right. Try using that in a real conversation.

Hey Kaine, have a great vacation. How long will you be gone?

Thanks, I will. We will be gone an extended period of time.

Uh, no I don't think so. Just like everything else about this case. Weirdness when there doesn't seem to be any need for it.

Uh, no I don't think so. Just like everything else about this case. Weirdness when there doesn't seem to be any need for it.

Exactly... I'm going to try that out at my work next time and see how it flies!! Good grief, and people wonder why there are so many rumors and speculation!

I'm the planner in the family and I watch my husband flub actual days, dates and amounts of time for various family events... it drives me -crazy-.

I also observe him change his way of talking depending on the audience... I'm the same way as a former professor. So the "extended period of time" doesn't raise any flags for me given his profession AND the fact that he's been briefed by LE. Odd as it may sound, if doing an interview, under such horrible circumstances, and having been coached by LE about safe v. okay topics to discuss with media... it's something I know I could say if I was trying to be vague and not release private, family info.

ETA: I'm really not trying to play devil's advocate... I just could see myself using that phrase if coached to stay away from revealing personal info. per LE. And yes... I do use "per" ;-).

An extended period of time could easily mean a week or two. I'm sure he gets at least several weeks of vacay from Intel per year.

I have used the term "extended period of time" in casual conversation before. Doesn't seem weird to me. He just has a vocabulary.

I use that term all the time. We take a lot of short trips 3 - 5 days. Long weekends.

Every two or three years we take an extended vacation, and to us that means 2 - 4 weeks all at one time. I never thought that term odd, others in my family and circle of friends use it as well.

ETA - What I mean is if I am talking to someone and say, "we're leaving Thursday and will be gone an extended period of time." Depending who and why, I may not say when back, or even the day leaving. "I can't work on that committee as I'll be away for an extended period of time." etc.

I appreciate the feedback. I just thought it was odd that he felt a need to mention how long, and if he did, why not say a few weeks or something like that.
Being this whole thing is a mystery at this point, it seemed intentionally vague, in another setting, I probably wouldn't have noticed it at all.

Some seemed to have thought the two families were going together, but I didn't get that.

I commented on the usage of extended, but, never shared my thoughts on the interview. I just rewatched the raw footage tonight.

Wow, I really feel for DY. I think she is 100% genuine.

KM, not so much. I am not an expert on body language, although I have studied it. I don't get genuine from him at all. He seemed (in MOO) evasive pretty much through out. The only time he did seem to be telling the truth was when he thanked SAR. I am left with wondering what on earth is going on here. I don't know if he was coming across evasive as there was much he knew from LE and was told not to share, or.... Anyway, as I said I am really wondering what is going on. I have felt for some time that when the whole story comes out it will be stunning, and now I think that even more so.

The above is all MOO.

He wasn't engaged in a normal conversation, though. He was on national TV after his child had disappeared.

I know a lot of people who don't like to give strangers the exact dates of their vacations or the exact length of time they will be gone because they don't want people to know exactly when or for how long their house will be sitting empty.

I imagine that if my child had disappeared, I'd be feeling pretty paranoid about security, even in matters that seem unrelated. Once the unthinkable (the disappearance of a small child) has happened, other things, no matter how farfetched, seem more possible.

I commented on the usage of extended, but, never shared my thoughts on the interview. I just rewatched the raw footage tonight.

Wow, I really feel for DY. I think she is 100% genuine.

KM, not so much. I am not an expert on body language, although I have studied it. I don't get genuine from him at all. He seemed (in MOO) evasive pretty much through out. The only time he did seem to be telling the truth was when he thanked SAR. I am left with wondering what on earth is going on here. I don't know if he was coming across evasive as there was much he knew from LE and was told not to share, or.... Anyway, as I said I am really wondering what is going on. I have felt for some time that when the whole story comes out it will be stunning, and now I think that even more so.

The above is all MOO.

Yes, I have not read one word, on any site that anyone has one drop of doubt about DY. She carries the heartbreak we all feel, and plenty more. No matter how this turns out, that woman will feel guilt for what has happened through every day of her life. I hope she has a strong support system around her. For her sake and her son's. Both of them. I worry about her. Another victim in this for sure.

He wasn't engaged in a normal conversation, though. He was on national TV after his child had disappeared.

I know a lot of people who don't like to give strangers the exact dates of their vacations or the exact length of time they will be gone because they don't want people to know exactly when or for how long their house will be sitting empty.

I imagine that if my child had disappeared, I'd be feeling pretty paranoid about security, even in matters that seem unrelated. Once the unthinkable (the disappearance of a small child) has happened, other things, no matter how farfetched, seem more possible.

That is absolutely true. I am a very private person and I can't imagine being in his position, or having to be interviewed on TV at any time, not to mention while I was going through this.

But.... he has bugged me from the start. About the 12th time I watched those two press conferences, :ashamed0005: I found myself watching him very closely. Still don't know what to make of it. There is already something there for me with him. I imagine that is why what sounded like possible vagueness bothered me here.

As I said, in other circumstances, I would have not noticed. And just because someone is guarded or bothers me, doesn't mean they are guilty of a darn thing.

This family sure is something though. I wonder what we may all find out by the time it's over.

I do love several of the pics of Kyron and his dad together. Looks like lots of love between them.

Parents Answer Questions About Kyron Horman

The family of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman selected questions from media and answered them in an e-mail Thursday.The e-mail was sent by Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, on July 2, 2010. The questions and answers are listed below.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24122504/detail.html

Thanks Dee10 for this link.

And there is that term "toothless smile" again, this time as part of the WRITTEN email sent from DY. Just odd that they would use that term when it is in fact not exactly descriptive of Kyron's smile on the day he disappeared. Maybe they really mean "toothy", but just not really being exact on the wording?

Thanks Dee10 for this link.

And there is that term "toothless smile" again, this time as part of the WRITTEN email sent from DY. Just odd that they would use that term when it is in fact not exactly descriptive of Kyron's smile on the day he disappeared. Maybe they really mean "toothy", but just not really being exact on the wording?

I saw it quoted as "toothy" in one article...but you're right - the email says "toothless." I think it was an innocent mistake.

Is there a favorite food that Kyron has?

Sushi and macaroni & cheese.
This both broke my heart and made me smile. I think it's cute that he likes both comfort foods and more adventurous cuisine. You gotta love a kid who will not only eat sushi, but actually likes it. What a great kid.

Gee, that's helpful. Really insightful questions by media. I guess these folks will be allowed back in.

I am sure there were a lot more pointed questions that the family is choosing to not answer at this point. Why? I don't know.

LOL. At that age, they just are toothless here or here or there from time to time, IIRC. Long time ago in my family. :D

Some of these answers are just very very sweet. Tug at my heart. Dear boy. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000