Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Any actions taken...are based on the best interests of both Kyron and K....and comply with the law."

That was what I was thinking! Please, oh please!

"We understand that we have free access to the media but are limiting statements to the media to keep the integrity of the investigation intact.

Any actions taken by the investigation, or by us, are based on the best interests of Kyron and K. and comply with the law. Beyond this, we have no comment on the matter."

I think we all knew the LE and family was tight-lipped for just this reason - "to keep the integrity of the investigation intact" i.e., making sure this doesn't get thrown out of court for any reason.

What a horrific nightmare this family is going through.

"We understand that we have free access to the media but are limiting statements to the media to keep the integrity of the investigation intact.

Any actions taken by the investigation, or by us, are based on the best interests of Kyron and K. and comply with the law. Beyond this, we have no comment on the matter."

I think we all knew the LE and family was tight-lipped for just this reason - "to keep the integrity of the investigation intact" i.e., making sure this doesn't get thrown out of court for any reason.

What a horrific nightmare this family is going through.

Yes. They must go to sleep, if they sleep, with Kyron last on their minds; and when they wake, he is the first thought in their minds. A never ending nightmare of worry and grief.

They have been "fully briefed" and do not want to make statements that might compromise finding Kyron. TH is not a part of this pact. I'm guessing that TH would like to know what they've been told, but she is being frozen out by the rest of Kyron's family.

I pray that he is found soon, that the perpetrator(s) are arrested, and that the truth comes to light.

I hope the motive comes out. Whatever the motive was, it will appear ridiculous and feeble when compared to the enormity and visciousness of this horror committed against this innocent, precious, and vulnerable child. A tragic and senseless crime.

My heart is both saddened and hardened. Sad for those who ache, and hardened against the cruel, callous and selfish perpetrator.

Hi all...I have been "listening in" for some time now and hoping for the best. I'm wondering if any one else feels like referring to a child's "best interest" gives an impression that said child may still be with us?

"Any actions taken...are based on the best interest of Kyron and K....and comply with the law."

It is possible but it is also possible it was done to shorten the statement. How would they have worded it otherwise??

"Any actions taken.... are based on the best interests of baby K...and the recovery of Kyron in compliance with the law."

"Any actions taken...are based on the goal of bringing Kyron home while continuing to do what is best for baby K and complying with the law."

Really... any other way sounds too wordy. You really cannot be 100% sure that you are looking for a body until you find it. Finding him is in Kyron's best interest no matter how they find him... Getting justice for him is ALSO in his best interest.

I think it's more likely to refer to all of that... just easier to put it all together and in keeping with the being vague.

Hi Hejlena! Welcome to Websleuths! I wish we were meeting under better circumstances.

Thanks for posting the interview! First of all, T is a cute and smart kid!

Aha. The family was instructed not to talk to the media. Glad they decided to go against the grain. (See?? We're not all bad, are we?? :innocent:)

What jumps out at me is that T says the assistant teacher realized Kyron was missing around 9:45, and told everyone to calm down, he's probably just in the bathroom. Then the entire day goes by and no one goes looking for him???? Uh, that's not good. :snooty:

Oh my gosh. Wow.
I thought it might come to an open rift between the family members eventually but I didn't expect it to happen so soon. There were indications in the interviews, (IMO). The way Kaine answered the question about Terri's polygraphs (there is a thread on it), brushing past the polygraphs and concentrating on statements by Terri's friends that he didn't like. His statement was open to different interpretations but one way of taking it seemed to be that what his family authorized and what Terri authorized were two separate things altogether. He talked about friends wanting to come out and defend his family members which was a bit odd because surely he'd be the first to defend his wife if he really believed she was innocent. And when he was asked how Terri was coping he said that he couldn't necessarily comment. The whole act of the biological parents doing the interviews and excluding the steps.

We have been fully briefed by law enforcement on the on-going criminal investigation.

Wonder when this briefing happened and if it means there is new evidence. In the interviews they said they've been kept up to date about the number of tips.

We are in complete support of that investigation.

Well, of course, anybody would be, unless they were the focus or had reason to believe that the investigation was ignored or misconducted. Supposing the exclusion of Terri in the signatures means that she is not in complete support of this investigation it makes me wonder if it came as a complete surprise to the family or if there were signs of some problems since there appears to be no indication of familial denial going on.
We have asked the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office to facilitate releasing this statement for us due to their access to the media/flash news.

It's easier than dodging interviewers' inevitable questions but I suppose it doesn't mean that the sheriff's office had no hand in helping them make the statement.

We understand that we have free access to the media but are limiting statements to the media to keep the integrity of the investigation intact.

Talking to the press is not forbidden by LE but strongly discouraged.

Any actions taken by the investigation, or by us, are based on the best interests of Kyron and K. and comply with the law. Beyond this, we have no comment on the matter.

I don't like the sound of this, it's as if the baby was in some kind of danger from staying with TH. I don't get the mention about complying with the law. Has there been some dispute or any reason to suspect the investigation or DY, KH, or TY of not complying with the law?
Desiree, Tony and Kaine

This signature says it all, really. The inclusion of Tony but not TH. TH is no longer part of the family and any of the above statements do not have to apply to her.

I hope to heaven that she will turn out to have something to do with Kyron going missing because otherwise this means a lot of destruction in her world for something she didn't do.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopul...-Horman-statement/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx[/QUOTE]

It is possible but it is also possible it was done to shorten the statement. How would they have worded it otherwise??

"Any actions taken.... are based on the best interests of baby K...and the recovery of Kyron in compliance with the law."

"Any actions taken...are based on the goal of bringing Kyron home while continuing to do what is best for baby K and complying with the law."

Really... any other way sounds too wordy. You really cannot be 100% sure that you are looking for a body until you find it. Finding him is in Kyron's best interest no matter how they find him... Getting justice for him is ALSO in his best interest.

I think it's more likely to refer to all of that... just easier to put it all together and in keeping with the being vague.

I agree... fewer words, easier to understand.
They are in compliance with and in full support of whatever LE does from here on in.
Says a lot to me!

the first line really grabbed my attention...

Thay Have Been Fully Briefed by Law Inforcement on the Ongoing Criminal Investigation.

So... being fully briefed seemed to have an impact... on all three of them. ??
This is it for me. The briefing gave them cause to make this statement, but I also think it came after Kaine took legal action.

In both the raw interview, and an interview on this morning's Today show, I noticed that Kyron's dad said that he could not comment first hand on Terri's feelings, etc. I don't remember the exact wording, but I noticed that he seemed to be trying to separte himself from her. I took away two things from this: it sounded like he was not directly speaking to her (maybe he holds too much resentment toward her, since she was the last one to see her??), or maybe the POI is related/connected to Terri, and Kaine has been instructed to sound like he is not "with" Terri, as some sort of strategy to connect with the suspect??

Maybe I am looking into this, and he meant nothing other than he can't speak for Terri first hand, because he ISN'T Terri, but I just thought he somehow seemed to be distancing himself from her in both interviews. Did anyone else feel this way?

So, I guess I was in fact picking up on something in his language....so sad, this turn of events.

Somewhere last night after all this broke loose...I could swear I read that TH was going to release a statement? Did I imagine that...?

"We have been fully briefed by law enforcement on the on-going criminal investigation."

JMO, but I interpret this part of the statement to mean that LE has possibly discussed details of the direction they're going in the investigation, and that it's also possible LE may have told the 3 family members they consider TH a POI, even though LE has not issued an official statement saying so. If this speculation on my part is true, LE would have strongly advised the family to not discuss this with anyone (especially the media) until after an official statement and/or arrest has been made.

The 3 family members have demonstrated they can be trusted with information, and have demonstrated that their priority is protecting the integrity of the investigation, so IMO it would not be a stretch for me to believe that LE has possibly told them TH is the primary focus of the investigation.

It would explain KH's actions over the weekend, and it would explain TH's lack of knowledge of the family statement, as well as her not being a signatory to it.

As usual, MOO.

Doesn't TH have an ex or 2 in her past? Could one still be in her life? It sounds to me as though the investigation turned up something totally usavory about her or someone in her life currently. It may not be anything about Kyron, but bad enough to lead KH to take drastic measures.

Frankly, I was struck by many odd things during the first family press conference. It struck me immediately that KH doesn't love TH. Granted, coming on the heels of his son's disappearance, he might not have been feeling much tenderness, but I think he displayed indifference towards her. Indifference comes much later in a relationship meltdown...after loss of passion, love, after hurt and anger, after caring at all. He was perfunctory in his arm about her shoulder, not at all comforting.

And her face was a true study. To me she looked almost terrified. She tried to look sad and griefstricken, but she couldn't manage it. She kept stealing glances at him as though trying to gauge what he was thinking. She kept trying to rest her head on him hoping perhaps he would reassure or console her. This is a gesture we have seen many times between loving couples who have been faced with tragedy. It seems to come quite naturally. Not so with KH.

Someone said they hoped she did have something to do with Kyron's disappearance. AN odd thing to hope for, but I completely understand. TH's life as she knew it is gone forever. Without the trauma of this mysterious apparent tragedy, maybe she could have rescued her troubled marriage. Whatever happened or was disclosed here to cause KH to act so definitively in the midst of something so all-consuming as a missing child, has to be simply terrible. She does not belong anymore...how devastating if she is innocent of wrongdoing.

Somewhere last night after all this broke loose...I could swear I read that TH was going to release a statement? Did I imagine that...?

"Sources close to the Horman family revealed turmoil within the family Monday. Terri Horman's father, Larry Moulton, said 18-month-old Kiara Horman is no longer living at the family's home. Other sources close to the family said Kaine Horman took Kiara out of the home..."

http://www.kptv.com/news/24080333/detail.html

If TH is innocent. I've had this running through my head all day. IF she is innocent - she knows that the "world" is thinking she is responsible. She has to know what is being said about her, her life, her other child, her new baby, her family, her background, etc. etc.

Now, with that, this is only MY perspective - but why wouldn't you come out - speak to the media? Say, I don't know what happened - I left and went here - or there. Misty Cummings (with all her inconsistent statements) still spoke out - she knew what the world was saying and she tried to "explain". IIRC even Jaycee's stepdad kept saying publicly what he did - how he got the bike and chased the car - and he kept trying to clear his name. So, I don't think I'm too far off in saying that is what I would do. I would try to "tell my side - my part of the stroy - where I was - clear my name" type deal.

Yet, TH has said nothing. Does she just not care? Not care about what the rest of the world is thinking about her? She "used" to care what the rest of the world thought about her (bodybuilding) - so she knows those "feelings and emotions". Yet, she remains silent - except for a snippet here and there - like yesterday when asked about KH and leaving - "oh no - everything's fine". HUH? Um - NO - everything is certainly NOT FINE - regardless if your husband has taken your baby and moved out - your 7 year old stepson (half brother to your own child) is missing! Not fine in my book.

Ok - so I guess what I'm saying here is:

Why hasn't TH spoken out? One way or the other? Does she simply not care what anyone thinks? Has she had some type of "breakdown" or lost touch with reality? Does she know she can't speak because her guilt will be written (in sharpie) all over her face? Why?

I'm bringing this forward from the bioparents' interviews. This is something Kaine said that's been tickling at the back of my brain since last night. We had quite a bit of discussion about what he may have meant by this.

Look particularly at the part I bolded in light of the new statement released last night. Note also the big long sigh and stumbling on words, which I didn't notice in other parts of the interviews.

At about 3:00 in the raw video, the reporter asks if it's true Terri took 2 polygraphs.

Kaine: (big sigh continued through the first few stumbled words) um... (pause) my, I, based on where we're at with the case, I'm not gonna, I'm not gonna comment on that. I know she was speaking on behalf of Terri um, and that's actually something that we're trying to make sure is clear in our communications outward is when, we're gonna be, our family is the only group of individuals that will be speaking on our behalf. We fully expect that other people will come out with things to say, potentially defend friends or some of our family members. We expect that but we want to make it pretty clear that we're the ones speaking on our own behalf. No one else is speaking on our behalf.

It looks to me like Kaine had some info on Friday when the interviews took place. What do you all think?

I'm bringing this forward from the bioparents' interviews. This is something Kaine said that's been tickling at the back of my brain since last night. We had quite a bit of discussion about what he may have meant by this.

Look particularly at the part I bolded in light of the new statement released last night. Note also the big long sigh and stumbling on words, which I didn't notice in other parts of the interviews.

It looks to me like Kaine had some info on Friday when the interviews took place. What do you all think?
He certainly knew some things - whether he had been told by LE or just experienced them being at home with TH, don't know. I caught that in the interview on Friday. Also how he wouldn't comment on her reaction to the flyer being put out.

Has she (TH) been a ranting, raving, lunatic (or become one) - does she expect KH and all close to her to just believe her - regardless of what she is telling them? Is she telling them anything?

IMO I think KH knew long before last Friday that things weren't right.

"Sources close to the Horman family revealed turmoil within the family Monday. Terri Horman's father, Larry Moulton, said 18-month-old Kiara Horman is no longer living at the family's home. Other sources close to the family said Kaine Horman took Kiara out of the home..."

"Well, here's what we have to believe if we believe her. We have to believe, as Marc Klaas said, that if she is telling the truth that someone, a pedophile, a boogie man of sorts, grabbed that little boy within feet of her and within seconds of her turning away from her child inside the school," Delong said. "And then we are to believe that since he's been gone three weeks that the child, that they got away with it. With all kinds of people around and no one saw a thing. That's pretty hard to believe. Could it happen? Possibly. Is it likely that that's what happened? I don't think so."

"Well, here's what we have to believe if we believe her. We have to believe, as Marc Klaas said, that if she is telling the truth that someone, a pedophile, a boogie man of sorts, grabbed that little boy within feet of her and within seconds of her turning away from her child inside the school," Delong said. "And then we are to believe that since he's been gone three weeks that the child, that they got away with it. With all kinds of people around and no one saw a thing. That's pretty hard to believe. Could it happen? Possibly. Is it likely that that's what happened? I don't think so."

And yet - Jaycee Dugard, Jon Benet Ramsey, Riley Fox, Elizabeth Smart, even Adam Walsh. The statistics don't support it, no, but I don't think it should be so casually dismissed. Sometimes we focus so hard on who it's supposed to be that we never find who actually committed the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000