Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
case in florida recent, 14 year old arrested for 'abducting' a 3 year old from a mall. the police then said they wouldnt question the 3 year old cause she was 'too young to undertstand what happened.' i.e she probably wouldnt back up there account.

I can see the Police's point of view there to be honest.

JMO

BBM

In the very early threads there was much discussion of this....according to school policy and the spokesperson for the school/district....this school NEVER for any reason followed up on or made any phone calls regarding student absences. If the student was not present, they just marked that down and went on about their daily activities. NO CALLS were made---ever--- to parents of absent students whether it was a regular day or special activity day.

From their handbook (posted in reference forum):

Students returning after an absence need to bring a note to the teacher stating the reason for the absence. We encourage parents to make medical or other such appointments for their children after school hours whenever possible. Please notify the school in writing of any long-term absences. We request that every effort be made to schedule vacations during regular school breaks to avoid unexcused absences.

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools/skyline/files/school-skyline/Parent_Handbook_2008-Final.pdf

page 3

Just a general comment about the stated answers...

My Dh is an aerospace engineer, specifically a systems analyst. We've been married 14 years. He does not think like a "normal" person. If you ask him a question... like "what did you do this morning?".... a regular person might say.. "oh.. not much, ran a couple errands, went online, ate breakfast" etc... But not my DH.. he will look at you for a few seconds, likely wondering why you are needing to know this information then he will start like this "I went to the bathroom, I took a shower, I got dresssed, I fed the cat, I had drink of water, I put on my shoes, I picked up the newspaper from the driveway....."

Basically, don't ask what you don't EXACTLY want to know....and don't assume that there is some motive behind ANYTHING other than he is trying to answer with all the relevant information, b/c he doesn't understand that you didn't really want to know all of that. Maybe its a right-brain/left-brain thing, but it takes some getting used to. I assume that KH is something like my DH.. that email that he sent out previously gave me the impression that they have a similar way of communicating.

My impression of reading this, is that KH answered the questions, specifically regarding the timeline as informatively as he could.. Probably somebody else went back and edited but some of his original over-exact language remained.

im starting to think children are only credible witnesses when they say what le/prosecutors watn thtem to

But isn't it possible that the student SAID they saw Kyron, and then after interviewing classmates, and teachers, LE determined that this wasn't possible? Or that the student was mistaken? I just don't think it is that far fetched that LE worked on that theory off the bat, thinking at the time it was credible, then after a legit investigation, determined it was false.

I work with kids, and some will say what they think a person in a position of authority wants to hear. Some kids are "people pleasers" and think that doing the right thing means saying what they think they SHOULD say. I don't think that all kids are credible witness, but I think that some could be. I think it depends on the child, and on the evidence supporting the claim.

jmo:)

No, I do not have a link. Sorry, but I am just recalling that I heard on TV that Terri's first LDT could have shown evasiveness. She did take two.

I should not have stated it as I did.

:angel: Please forgive me!

How can a person be evasive on a LDT?? They only ask "yes" or "no" questions. Hard to be evasive with yes or no. Unless they just refuse to answer... at which point I assume the polygrapher would re-ask the question.

case in florida recent, 14 year old arrested for 'abducting' a 3 year old from a mall. the police then said they wouldnt question the 3 year old cause she was 'too young to undertstand what happened.' i.e she probably wouldnt back up there account.

I understand what you are saying here, but I think it really just depends on the child (and their development).

My Dh is an aerospace engineer, specifically a systems analyst. We've been married 14 years. He does not think like a "normal" person. If you ask him a question... like "what did you do this morning?".... a regular person might say.. "oh.. not much, ran a couple errands, went online, ate breakfast" etc... But not my DH.. he will look at you for a few seconds, likely wondering why you are needing to know this information then he will start like this "I went to the bathroom, I took a shower, I got dresssed, I fed the cat, I had drink of water, I put on my shoes, I picked up the newspaper from the driveway....."

Basically, don't ask what you don't EXACTLY want to know....and don't assume that there is some motive behind ANYTHING other than he is trying to answer with all the relevant information, b/c he doesn't understand that you didn't really want to know all of that. Maybe its a right-brain/left-brain thing, but it takes some getting used to. I assume that KH is something like my DH.. that email that he sent out previously gave me the impression that they have a similar way of communicating.

My impression of reading this, is that KH answered the questions, specifically regarding the timeline as informatively as he could.. Probably somebody else went back and edited but some of his original over-exact language remained.

Thanks for writing this as I've felt this way all along. This is how my dad was - an electronics engineer - and is much like the personality type of my youngest son. :)

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for this post. I am getting tired of people expecting Kaine to act and talk in a certain way, and when he doesn't that makes him suspicious. I've said it before, engineers think and talk differently than most people. They are highly rational, practical, and somewhat emotionless. I think this goes for my husband too, who is a computer programmer. I hardly ever see him cry. Doesn't mean he's not upset about something. And a lot of the time he goes on a more practical level than I do, which can irritate me, but it's just the way he thinks. If his daughter went missing, I can totally see people suspecting him because he wouldn't be before cameras crying, and he'd be way more practical than emotional in dealing with what's going on.

Kaine's whereabouts have mostly definitely been verified by the police. The police are still working with him for crying out loud. And as for the details, of course he is going over every little thing about the last day he saw Kyron, trying to figure out what behaviors by TH were suspicious and so on. He's got to be almost mad with the grief of not only losing his son but bringing that crazy woman into their lives in the first place.

I also think the design of the answers is directed at TH. They're letting her know definitely what they know. And if she is the perp, she should be sweating right now as it appears that they have most if not all of the picture of that whole day now. They don't owe us all of the details, only what they want to share. And believe me, they are wanting TH to know, we know the details, the gig is up, just tell us where Kyron is, dead or alive. I think that alive comment (not in the questionnaire) was meant as a barb to TH. I think they're hoping she'll slip up and say something, which is a lot harder now that she has a defense lawyer.

It's a massive cat and mouse game with TH, which is really irritating. Elizabeth Johnson was thrown in jail early on, and her baby is still missing. The only thing I can think of is that they can't verify that Kyron was last in TH's custody. The whole at school thing throws a huge monkey wrench into everything. I mean face it, what would you think about TH if the last sighting of Kyron was with her, in her car or at home? Wouldn't you be more suspicious of TH then?

At least more fireworks are coming in the CA case next week to help distract me from the headache this case keeps giving me. What is LE waiting for? Why the cat and mouse games instead of arresting someone? WHAT THE HECK DO THEY KNOW THAT WE DON'T KNOW?

I feel like I have the puzzle mostly in place, but I'm missing the essential pieces that would give me a completed picture. And if LE is wanting to keep this quiet, they are doing a terrible job of it. It should be all or nothing, not all or here's a few pieces to keep everyone talking and speculating like crazy.

Having worked in a Dr's. office for many years, I feel that I should offer a factual perspective on this issue. Not only do MANY dads know about the appointments, they often MAKE the appointments, and many of them either bring the child to the appointment or attend with the mom. For at least 50% to 70% of all appointments at least one of these actions involving a dad occurs. This may not have been the case 30 years ago, but it is definitely so in current times. In a case where some kind of a special assessment is being done (where a teacher might have a question form to fill out) the percentage of dad's involved would be even higher. In a case where a step mom would be the child's primary caregiver such as this one, it might even be required that the dad be there, in case any forms for specialized testing needed to be signed. It would need to be a CUSTODIAL parent who gave permission for such things to avoid repercussions if the non-custodial biological parent disagreed.

In our case my hubby makes all pediatrician appointments for my daughters - it was a deal we made when I was first pregnant as I was always very nervous as a child when I had to go to tyhe Dr myself and I wanted to prevent my girls from being that way as well. At the same time there would most certainly be communication between the two of us regarding the appointment, probably at least a text message or two reminding each other about the appointment.

If there was a doctor's appointment scheduled, then Kaine would know about it. Even if he forgot the particulars such as appointment day or time, he would remember it later if someone asked, "Did your son have a doctor's appointment coming up?" In addition, Kaine appears to be a very detailed oriented person by nature, as has been discussed here. He would most likely remember the specifics, if there had been an appointment scheduled. The way he answered the question leads me to believe there was no appointment on the books...only TH's mentioning of it to the school.

If there was a doctor's appointment scheduled, then Kaine would know about it. Even if he forgot the particulars such as appointment day or time, he would remember it later if someone asked, "Did your son have a doctor's appointment coming up?" In addition, Kaine appears to be a very detailed oriented person by nature, as has been discussed here. He would most likely remember the specifics, if there had been an appointment scheduled. The way he answered the question leads me to believe there was no appointment on the books...only TH's mentioning of it to the school.

Apparently I missed a lot over the weekend. It has now been confirmed that TH mentioned an appointment to the school?

Actually I do think some would rather believe that then simply believe it was Terri to blame for whatever happened to Kyron :(

I think to really believe it was Terri, some of what may be known behind the scenes, needs to be shown to us (and that will come in time). Maybe a lot of us are moms or stepmoms that just can't imagine doing anything to a 7 year old boy, so we just hope it's not her. There are too many unanswered questions to simply believe any theory right now.

Q: Was Kyron supposed to be out of school the following Friday for a doctor’s appt.?
A: KAINE – There was some discussion about the appointment but it was unknown exactly when the appointment was scheduled so we cannot comment for certain.

hmmm...

Bumping up

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kaine say in the sit down interview he and D did on television about a week ago that he was home from noon on? I'm going to see if I can find it, but I think that is what he said last week.

3 pages later, and I see this is still not answered. In the interview he said he was home in the afternoon. Some people ran with it, and were saying he said he was home at noon.

Having worked in a Dr's. office for many years, I feel that I should offer a factual perspective on this issue. Not only do MANY dads know about the appointments, they often MAKE the appointments, and many of them either bring the child to the appointment or attend with the mom. For at least 50% to 70% of all appointments at least one of these actions involving a dad occurs. This may not have been the case 30 years ago, but it is definitely so in current times. In a case where some kind of a special assessment is being done (where a teacher might have a question form to fill out) the percentage of dad's involved would be even higher. In a case where a step mom would be the child's primary caregiver such as this one, it might even be required that the dad be there, in case any forms for specialized testing needed to be signed. It would need to be a CUSTODIAL parent who gave permission for such things to avoid repercussions if the non-custodial biological parent disagreed.

When my stepdaughter lived with us, her father had sole custody, so therefore I was considered a custodial parent as well. I was entitled to information from the dr., the counselor, the school, etc. and I was allowed to sign any papers that needed to be signed. Her bio mom was not. I took her to the dr. myself on several occasions and filled out and signed paperwork, without her father present. For all legal purposes, I was her parent. When her mother called her counselor and tried to get information, she was refused, and she pitched a fit about it, even yelled at the person over the phone. They just told her it didn't matter, she was not the legal guardian and not entitled to answers. Yet I was called in for a session with her counselor regarding my s/d's progress, and her dad was not there, as he had to work. Her mother could disagree all she wanted to, it made no difference.

Hot necessarily, imo. My husband is an estimating engineer. While its true that he is very detail oriented in his job, he is NOT when it comes to matters on the home front. He leaves kitchen doors and drawers open; when he sweeps its only the center of the room (or picking up toys). So he definitely lacks 'details and thoroughness' in these areas. Its hard for me to determine if this is due to him simply being a male, or if his engineering-wired brain has something to do with that. But he definitely has that 'tunnel vision' that engineers are said to have.

My thoughts exactly. When I first read

Q: Was Kyron supposed to be out of school the following Friday for a doctor’s appt.?

A: KAINE – There was some discussion about the appointment but it was unknown exactly when the appointment was scheduled so we cannot comment for certain.

Immediately the wording jumped out at me. It could be completely innocuous, but the way that was worded said to me that it is possible that the appointment could have been scheduled at a time that seemed suspicious...ie someone trying to call after Kyron was missing.

I guess I just expected to read "It's not certain when HE was scheduled to go" not when the appointment, itself, was scheduled. But maybe I just read it wrong...

wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong

:crazy:

Bingo!! It actually makes it sound as though Terri had told people there was an appointment, but didn't schedule it until after she dropped off Kyrone. Or perhaps, the doctor's office couldn't be sure WHEN she made the appointment - before or after she mentioned to the teacher (if indeed she did) that Kyron had an appointment?

Apparently I missed a lot over the weekend. It has now been confirmed that TH mentioned an appointment to the school?

Don't know that LE confirmed it but its been reported that Kyron's teacher thought he was absent due to a doctor's appointment TH had mentioned to her earlier. In the questions the family answered earlier today, Kaine mentions that there is some uncertainty over the doctor's appointment, so apparently there was an appointment or at least TH had claimed there was one. I am beginning to think there was never an appointment made and this is one of the central lies that LE has caught TH telling...moo. Once again, you could have TH's word against the word of a secretary at the office, etc. After all, its tough to prove a negative. The secretary could say, "TH never made Kyron an appointment," and TH could respond, "Yes I did...and even told Kyron's teacher about it."

I am also married to an engineer.

He is a devoted father, but, no, unless, the doctor's appointment were something we were worried about as a family....he would not necessarily know.

He is forgetful about his OWN appointments.

I take Kaine's answer to mean he might be like this too. He probably isn't sure if Terri had scheduled an appointment because as a stay at home Mom...unless it involved a medical issue that had some emotional resonance, he just can not be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva