Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because quite simply at the time maybe they believed it? Saying that they have never been exact with times anyhow.

MOO

Yes, and what's strange about this is that they were giving a time : 9:00 a.m. ,and a location,: by his classroom door. We simply don't know if it was a child or an adult who saw him. However... : what if this 9 :00 o'clock witness actually saw Kyron by his classroom door with TH ? What if they were seen together going towards the exit door by this witness ? IIRC, LE has never said who,if anyone,was with Kyron at that time.
Now,that's reason enough for LE to keep this witness under wraps ... Speculative,but interesting,and MOO.....
All JMO

I am also married to an engineer.

He is a devoted father, but, no, unless, the doctor's appointment were something we were worried about as a family....he would not necessarily know.

He is forgetful about his OWN appointments.

I take Kaine's answer to mean he might be like this too. He probably isn't sure if Terri had scheduled an appointment because as a stay at home Mom...unless it involved a medical issue that had some emotional resonance, he just can not be sure.

Point well taken. Just think he would have some general idea about an appointment like that. I am a SAHM...my husband calls me the "house manager." His work requires his full attention so he doesn't keep up with many things at home. Our 4 children are young adults now, but I do tell him when one of them has a doctor's appointment....and he often asks later how it went.

I'm so over trying to read into every single statement from every single person involved in this case.

I am about 99% convinced that no one knows anything.

He is a devoted father, but, no, unless, the doctor's appointment were something we were worried about as a family....he would not necessarily know.

I take Kaine's answer to mean he might be like this too. He probably isn't sure if Terri had scheduled an appointment because as a stay at home Mom...unless it involved a medical issue that had some emotional resonance, he just can not be sure.

My husband is a engineer too...and while he may have to have a precise memory for his job..for anything like Drs or hospital appointments no way would he remember unless i phoned or text him the day of the appointment.

When my stepdaughter lived with us, her father had sole custody, so therefore I was considered a custodial parent as well. I was entitled to information from the dr., the counselor, the school, etc. and I was allowed to sign any papers that needed to be signed. Her bio mom was not. I took her to the dr. myself on several occasions and filled out and signed paperwork, without her father present. For all legal purposes, I was her parent. When her mother called her counselor and tried to get information, she was refused, and she pitched a fit about it, even yelled at the person over the phone. They just told her it didn't matter, she was not the legal guardian and not entitled to answers. Yet I was called in for a session with her counselor regarding my s/d's progress, and her dad was not there, as he had to work. Her mother could disagree all she wanted to, it made no difference.

This all depends on whether custody is "shared" or "sole". But either way the discussion is off topic and should not really be a part of the debate here, so I will leave it at that.

Indeed, but what about revealing that info to a third party, i.e. half the entire bloody world, that is to say, us? Would that fall under HIPAA, that even the parent of a minor cannot reveal medical info to outsiders? Seems like a drop in the bucket considering how much other information is out there, but I'm trying to think of all the angles because the answer was kinda weird. (I lean toward a LE strategy reason, not a "Dad is a space case" or LE is incompetent reason.)

Parents can tell whatever they want about their children. that's why we see fundraisers for children with all kinds of medical conditions or sotries of children with medical conditions.

I think to really believe it was Terri, some of what may be known behind the scenes, needs to be shown to us (and that will come in time). Maybe a lot of us are moms or stepmoms that just can't imagine doing anything to a 7 year old boy, so we just hope it's not her. There are too many unanswered questions to simply believe any theory right now.

You hope it's not the stepmom out of the expense of the biological father? I mean, we are not accusing Terri, we are just saying that at this point, she is much more likely a suspect than Kaine - since she is the last KNOWN person to have seen Kyron and all.

Considering the way you answered me, yeah I wondered what you meant.

Yes, I think he should have an attorney who specializes in criminal trials representing and advising him, especially if he's going to carry on with this twice a week Q&A stuff, and regardless of any involvement he may have in Kyron's disappearance. Someone who can make sure his statements won't possibly interfere with prosecution of a trial to come (or provide the defense information that could raise 'reasonable doubt'). Depending on LE to approve what he's saying (if that is indeed what is happening here) is foolish on his part. LE has no obligation to protect Kaine or the others; their only loyalty is to Kyron and finding out what happened to him that day.

Maybe Kaine and the others don't care because they don't need protection at all. If KH, DY and TY know they are innocent, why would they need a lawyer to protect them? Like LE's, maybe the biological parents and stepdad's loyalty is ALSO ONLY to Kyron and to what happened to him that day.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kaine say in the sit down interview he and D did on television about a week ago that he was home from noon on? I'm going to see if I can find it, but I think that is what he said last week.

3 pages later, and I see this is still not answered. In the interview he said he was home in the afternoon. Some people ran with it, and were saying he said he was home at noon.

The only thing I ever heard mentioned was the afternoon as well. He IMO and from what I remember gave no definitive time until this written interview. JMO.

Point well taken. Just think he would have some general idea about an appointment like that. I am a SAHM...my husband calls me the "house manager." His work requires his full attention so he doesn't keep up with many things at home. Our 4 children are young adults now, but I do tell him when one of them has a doctor's appointment....and he often asks later how it went.

That would be the key. You TELL your husband about the appointment, so he knows about it. He may or may not remember the specifics but he knows there was one scheduled.

What if you made an appointment for a child with a new doctor and didn't tell your husband?

Then someone asked him later if your child had an appointment?

Would he somehow be able to say, "Yes, they have an appointment with this new doctor, on Tuesday, but my wife did not tell me."

If you or your child didn't tell him and he didn't see a bill for it... he would have no way of knowing about it.

I know how easy this is... simply because I've seen vindictive ex's do it to get a treatment the other wouldn't consent to. Regardless of the motive behind it... it is completely possible for one parent to have a doctor's appointment for a child without the other parent knowing. Especially in this case, where it doesn't even appear the appointment actually happened. No bill, or secret for Kyron to keep. Just an appointment made, not mentioned to the husband.

(IF there was an appointment.)

Having worked in a Dr's. office for many years, I feel that I should offer a factual perspective on this issue. Not only do MANY dads know about the appointments, they often MAKE the appointments, and many of them either bring the child to the appointment or attend with the mom. For at least 50% to 70% of all appointments at least one of these actions involving a dad occurs. This may not have been the case 30 years ago, but it is definitely so in current times. In a case where some kind of a special assessment is being done (where a teacher might have a question form to fill out) the percentage of dad's involved would be even higher. In a case where a step mom would be the child's primary caregiver such as this one, it might even be required that the dad be there, in case any forms for specialized testing needed to be signed. It would need to be a CUSTODIAL parent who gave permission for such things to avoid repercussions if the non-custodial biological parent disagreed.

It is also factual that a lot of fathers leave those kinds of things to the SAHM.

However, I do agree that both parents, in this case, and SM as well, should be the ones to deal with a possible issue that may involve issues.

But we have been over that ground and any theories on any of that cannot be discussed .

I fail to see why Terri thought it was necessary to say that the "teacher was new, it was her first year of teaching, and then that she was hard of hearing. It feels like a barb to me, like Terri has "so much teaching experience" she feels its necessary to mention the teacher was new. It was the end of the school year, the teacher had a year of teaching under her belt, and the fact that she was new and it was her first year had no bearing on her ability to receive information about a supposed drs appt for Kyron. Her hard of hearing status might affect her ability to have heard Terri. Terri should have "known better" than to give such (trivial, IMO) information to a teacher on such a busy day. A note sent to school with Kyron on Monday would have been sufficient, if the teacher had to fill out any papers for Kyrons appointment. Otherwise I never notified my kids teachers ahead of time, necessairly, I just brought them to school late with a note or picked them up early for their appointment. JMO.

eta: Terri's telling the teacher Kyron had an appt for the following week feels more to me like Terri telling the teacher "anything" to reinforce in teachers mind that Terri was there with Kyron that morning. Forming an alibi for herself, in other words.

The teacher was not a first year teacher .

Yes, and what's strange about this is that they were giving a time : 9:00 a.m. ,and a location,: by his classroom door. We simply don't know if it was a child or an adult who saw him. However... : what if this 9 :00 o'clock witness actually saw Kyron by his classroom door with TH ? What if they were seen together going towards the exit door by this witness ? IIRC, LE has never said who,if anyone,was with Kyron at that time.
Now,that's reason enough for LE to keep this witness under wraps ... Speculative,but interesting,and MOO.....
All JMO

Do you have a link that he was seen at 9:00 by his classroom door? I've seen quotes by LE saying he was seen "about 9:00" within the school and that he was seen later than the SM says she left him near a south entrance. But I don't see statement combining the 9:00 time and the location where he was last seen.

June 6 pc:
When was he last seen?

The last time he was seen was here at the school. That was on Friday about a late hour in the morning was the last time he was actually seen here at this school.

Where was he seen at the school?

He was seen near his classroom and the last point was down at the south entrance door of his school.

. . . Actually that statement came from one of the children that was here earlier this morning.

http://www.kptv.com/video/23812286/index.html

June 7 pc:
Can you provide any clarification about what time he was last seen and where?
Not at this time.

Another reporter asks for further clarification of earlier time line statements by LE
"I can't answer your question completely, but I can say the last point at which Kyron was seen was about 9:00 am on Friday morning ."
"Was that within the school?"
Yes

Later on, a reporter asks if the last sighting was by the stepmother or someone else:
"I'm not able to give those details."
http://www.king5.com/video?id=95806599&sec=549132

I don't really buy this explanation. I mean, I totally get it that some people, whether male or female, engineers or non-engineers, may be forgetful about appointments or have trusted the responsibility for children's medical issues to another person and don't have time to worry about it.

But that's when the children are not missing. Once they disappear and it comes to your attention that there may be an issue about an appointment that may or may not have been scheduled, even the most forgetful and normally clueless person makes it their business to find out.

It takes just ten seconds to ask, hey Terri, what's this about an appointment, did Kyron have an appointment and when was it? And it may take all of half a minute for Terri to explain that yes, there was an appointment for a regular eye exam for the next Friday at ten o'clock with Dr. Spectacles who is new, his usual doctor is on sick leave, and it was supposed to be a week earlier but the doctor rescheduled. Or just a second to say, no there wasn't.

If there is still some confusion about the appointment after having this informative conversation or if the wife refuses to have this informative conversation it's not due to the father's forgetfulness at that point any longer, imo, it's because the other person is not being completely straight or there is a third person involved in clandestine appointment shuffling behind the parents' backs.

I just wanted to make a comment: this being a sleuthing forum ... no matter what I read on either the parents, or relatives or anyone else ... involved in the case, I never see it as attacking them, blaming them, etc. .. I only look from the 'outside' and take it as ... well ... sleuthing.

Of course it gets emotional for the child or person missing for me, but I don't see the use of getting upset or affected by what's said, or theories, etc ... on persons involved. Just look at it as a board game, take a step back, and sleuth away. And of COURSE I'm not saying you or I, won't get emotionally attached to the innocent child involved, just not so much with those who 'could' be suspects.

I sure hope that all came across as I intended.

I feel that I need to belabor this point. We are not talking about a missing tennis shoe.

LE, attorneys, and profilers will go over every word that is written or statements that are said by anyone in this case.

The life of a child hangs on every thread. And the prosecution of the perp better not have any mistakes as well.

There is nothing random that is being said or done.

Maybe Kaine and the others don't care because they don't need protection at all. If KH, DY and TY know they are innocent, why would they need a lawyer to protect them? Like LE's, maybe the biological parents and stepdad's loyalty is ALSO ONLY to Kyron and to what happened to him that day.

That was not my point. Not even close.

I tend to think a least an appointment was made even if it was a ruse.

If TH went to the trouble to drop off paperwork for the teacher to fill out for a appointment I would think she would also go to the trouble to schedule an appointment whether or not she intended to keep it.

I tend to think a least an appointment was made even if it was a ruse.

If TH went to the trouble to drop off paperwork for the teacher to fill out for a appointment I would think she would also go to the trouble to schedule an appointment whether or not she intended to keep it.

I guess I keep thinking that if an appointment was actually made then there would no confusion or controversy surrounding it. Even if Kaine was unaware of the appointment, there would be some proof that an appointment was made. "Yes, my wife made an appointment but I was not aware of it," or "Yes, he had an appointment on Friday but never made it there," or simply, "Yes we know Kyron had an appointment." What is the reason for Kaine, the family, and LE to be so secretive about the alleged appointment?

Originally Posted by Calliope
(respectfully snipped)

Seems Kaine doesn't know much about what was going on in his son's life.

That is pretty harsh to be honest :(

I wanted to add Calliope's post (that I can't find on this thread now?) that you were replying to, For The Kids, to my response for clarity. I totally agree with you, it does seem very harsh to say that Kaine doesn't know much about what is going on in his son's life. From seeing all those photos that were released recently of a smiling, happy Kyron and Kaine doing things together; to reading about the Toy Story 3 lunchbox that Kaine ordered for Kyron who was super excited to see the movie; to the vacation that they were supposed to take together to CA for the 4th (which sounded very much like a fun, "together time" vacation); to his description of his last words to Kyron (praising him for how much effort he put into his Science Fair project, etc.), Kaine sounds like a very involved dad, IMO. Also, reading his emotional accounts of little things with Kyron (how he cried when the lunchbox was delivered and Kyron wasn't there to receive it and how the last goodbye he had with Kyron is "etched into his mind"), he seems like he deeply loves his son and is involved. For someone that honestly comes across as slightly stoic (which I get, he's an architect), I think these little bits and pieces say a lot. Regardless, it's no one's place on this board to say that he wasn't involved in his son's life, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper