Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk...all I can speak for is not knowing that someone is drinking themselves to sleep, or is on meds that you have no idea of, that might change their behavior.

My bro got an advanced degree in philosophy from the U of C...while drinking himself to sleep at night and taking illicit 'uppers' during the day.

Yes, we all missed it. We thought he was 'drinking maybe a little too much' and was 'maybe a little bi-polar.'

Perhaps we're all stupid...but I do think it happens.

Reporter asked DY about Terri's history of lying. She cannot seem to come up with much.

The above doesn't reflect what I heard... What I heard was that there were some instances that they did not feel that they should report about a) because it had things to do with relationship and b) because it was part of the investigation. I think they touched on enough that they could without compromising the investigation. Or so this was my impression.

I'm not sure how that can co-exist with Desiree's description of baby K as "the apple of Terri's eye". In fact, it was one of the primary points people used to tear into Terri and use as proof that she had to be guilty was that she seemed inordinately interested in her daughter to the neglect of Kyron. No pictures of him on FB, etc. but tons of stories and pics of the baby.

Just because Terri gave the impression of being the doting mother of her baby girl... posting tons of pictures, telling tons of stories...does not mean that she was constantly playing with her, giving her love and attention, reading her stories. She could have absolutely been "the apple of Terri's eye" and still been neglected.

On June 4th when Kaine got home from work, Baby K was "playing in her room." After Terri was forced to drive around for over an hour because she had an earache from teething. So the miserable child was playing in her room by herself? Terri had a laptop....why didn't she just go in the room with her? Or bring the toys out with her?

That struck me as odd. Then again, so did leaving her at a gym daycare... so I guess I'm just weird. :waitasec:

bbm

Only HOURS after Kyron went missing???

Yet the person he supposedly lived with thought he was on a weekend camping trip?

J's father (the one he was living with) said that he went to Terri's either Friday or Saturday and had to leave because it was just too crazy. There was also a local who said that J came into a store wearing a Kyron shirt on Saturday or Sunday. All while he was supposed to be "camping."

It was Terri's Mom who said he was camping...

It was also Terri's Mom who said the little boy who wants to be a cop, was afraid of law enforcement. :waitasec:

I simply disregarded everything she said, quite honestly.

My dad drank himself to sleep every night. He didn't act drunk (stumbling, slurring, angry, etc.), just drank copious amounts of fortified wine and watched TV until he went to bed. And he didn't have that "walking distillery" smell I associate with long-term alcoholics. He also eventually quit cold turkey without intervention.

An old school friend got married. I attended the wedding, and the minute they left for their honeymoon, her close friends explained how they found his bottles hidden *everywhere* and how he was a serious alcoholic. My friend never mentioned her husband's drinking, even after they divorced. Denial is a powerful thing...

If I get a chance to talk to my friend who was a drug and alcohol counselor, I'll see what else I can learn about spouses being unaware of an SO's drinking.

How can Kaine can be a good, loving, and supportive father if he has no idea what's going on in his own home? Attentiveness is the first component of being a good, loving, supportive anything.

First, Kaine stated Terri had PPD, but didn't know what medication Terri was taking only that he was supposed to watch her for six months. Now he and Desiree are suspicious of whether or not she was ever even diagnosed by a doctor. Um, if she wasn't diagnosed by a doctor, this is a pitiful attempt by a wife to get some attention from her husband. The "all husbands are clueless" doesn't fly. Although my husband doesn't know what I do every second of every day, he has a decent idea of my schedule, and he knows what's going on in my life. If I came to him and told him I had PPD and was on medication, there would be a discussion. He'd ask about the doctor's appointment.

J's father said J left the home because J was butting heads with Kaine not Terri. Why would J's father lie? If J and Kaine were so close, why would J lie to his father about why he left the Horman home?

So much was made of Kyron crying when leaving Desiree's, but now it comes out that he cried when he had to go to Desiree's. He was having trouble transitioning. This paints a wholly different picture than the one painted previously. There have been inferences of how Terri may have treated Kyron, but she thought enough of Kyron to e-mail Desiree several times a day about her son. She tagged Desiree on Facebook when pictures of Kyron were posted. If we're going to nitpick, let's nitpick ALL the details, not just the ones that call into question Terri's actions.

Everyone is making such a to-do about whether Kaine knew about the mysterious doctor's appointment -- of course he didn't know! Obviously, he had no knowledge of anything going on in his own home.

Why is that?

I'm very sorry for Desiree and Kaine but I don't want to know anything else about any of them, including Terri, until and unless there is a trial.

THANK YOU Emma Peel.
Good Lord. It is beyond creepy.
Kaine is in love with Desiree, I think. It is a weird three way thing going on now..I wonder what Tony thinks.

Speaking of weird three-ways...Now I really, really, really want to know how KH and TH met. Man, they'll talk about his affair when DY was 8 mos. pg, but won't say how they met. That story must be a real doozie! jmoo/omoo

I'm more interested in the part where it seems TH took the truck and project to school on Thursday.. Does this mean the picture of Kyron was taken on Thursday?

If so why did she wait until the afternoon of the next day to post pictures?

Lol yea well..he didnt really live with her did he. Therefore I really dont get why she lied abouT that..or other things for that matter. Maybe thats where Terri gets it from.

JMO

He didn't ?

[Terri] kept custody of J, and Tarver saw the boy regularly on weekends—but recently, J left his mother’s home to live with his maternal grandparents in Roseburg.

---

Since March, J has lived in Roseburg, first with his grandparents and now with Tarver.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

http://wweek.com/editorial/3634/14214/

---

No clue when he moved in with his dad or what "now" means, but he clearly lived with Terri's parents for a time. And they are all in the same town, so I do find it a bit odd that her mother said J was on a weekend camping trip ... and dad says nothing about that. And that dad says J went to the Horman's the next day... yet Kaine says he was there within hours.

NOT looking to sleuth the boy, just frustrated that the adults in this case can't seem to get their stories straight.

I don't find the interview odd at all. In reference to his discussion of Terri's "drug use," he plainly stated that it was nothing like narcotics, etc., it simply was stimulants, steroids, aspirin, and ibuprofen and was in reference to her competition.

He stated about the alcohol use that it was pure speculation on his part.

Kaine states that he isn't going to get into how he met Terri and I see that as his right 100%, he doesn't want to delve into that and DY agrees with what he says.

BBM

I didn't hear him say steroids - they are illegal in body building aren't they? I did hear Kaine say - larger than normal doses of aspirin, ibuprofen, and maybe diet aids because she went from 180lbs to 120lbs in 4 months for competition in 2005. AND Kaine has no idea how she did it! (maybe he wasn't interested) MOO

Oh, and Terri's son - of course he would rather live with Kaine if there ever was a BIG problem. :eek:

Oh, and baby girl is like a new child since Terri left! (wonder if the dog and cat are new and improved)

He mentioned her drinking and DUI - drinking behind his back and would drink herself to sleep at night. Now friends are saying they served lots of alcohol with Terri around...(where was Kaine during the courtship)

Kaine didn't marry Terri until 2007 - is he saying he didn't take the time to get to know his future wife in the years they were together? and now we hear there never was a diagnosis of PPD - but she was taking medications from her doc and Kaine has no idea what the meds were for????

What's with this man, he has no idea about anything regarding his wife. IMO, saying she takes larger than normal doses of ASA and other over the counter meds is an attempt to make her look like some kind of addict. This is a smear campaign and based on irrelevant carp. Where are the facts and where is Kyron??? :banghead:

ETA: Anabolic steroids are illegal in body building competition and in the olympics! Steroids such as Prednisone are not anabolic and are very different. Anabolic steroids are scheduled drugs (schedule III)!

I am not pleased at all with what I learned today. First with LE, nothing new, except an extra 25k, hopefully it brings Kyron home.

Im still shaking my head after this audio. Good Lord, who is married to who now ?
So I get it, Terri is one big fat liar.........and everything they tell the press comes from Terri and not LE..........Terri is one big fat liar................yet her lies are believed enough to keep making it into the press.........day after day as truth.....WTH????

I am keeping my focus on Kyron from now on, Im not paying any more attention to this trivial crap that has nothing to do with the disappearance of Kyron.

I cannot believe anyone can live with a person with a drinking problem and not know it.
Alcohol stinks, especially if you are sleeping in the same bed. You can't wash away the alcohol stink that sweats out the pores. Thats a deep denial on KH's part....and everything else..... Im beginning to think it is just easier to beleive what ever anyone tells him about Terri. I don't know how LE does it. I've had it. They can answer all kinds of things about Terri, nothing much about themselves......its apart of the investigation. Well is Terri apart of the investigation or not ? pffffffffffffffffff
Im so not impressed.

Im going to pray for Kyron before I sleep as I do most every night.

4 Adults and one missing child, lots of lies, denial, what else.
Guess I'll pray for them too.

Actually, I was struck by the fact that friends with whom TH and KH had stayed, now are coming forward to KH that the liquor supply was reduced after TH and KH left. KH said this was after 2005.

What an awkward situation for the friends to have had that knowledge all this time and not feel able to openly discuss it with the KH.

The idea of a TH being a secret drinker might explain baby K's new attitude and the head butting TH did with her 16-year-old. Of course, we are hearing only one side of the story, but I was told long ago that all addicts lie. This might explain a number of her behaviors.

Tink, I was told this exact same thing.

Kinda makes you go :waitasec: all around in this case.

ETA: exactly what sort of addicts do we have going on here?

Alcohol is something I'm too familiar with. My mom was an alcoholic and when I was still at home, I knew she was drinking. When I moved out, I couldn't say she was drinking every day because I wasn't there but would find the bottles when I'd come to visit. Silly me marries an alcoholic and I was with him every day. There is absolutely no way that I didn't know if he was drinking because I was in that house and could smell it. Believe me, if you're in that same house every day with that person, you know. Thank God I'm living alone and my dogs don't drink.

Just because Terri gave the impression of being the doting mother of her baby girl... posting tons of pictures, telling tons of stories...does not mean that she was constantly playing with her, giving her love and attention, reading her stories. She could have absolutely been "the apple of Terri's eye" and still been neglected.

<snip>

:wave: Yep, that was my Mom! Nothing years of therapy couldn't fix. :cool:

I am in England. I have followed this case for 6 weeks or so. Before that Haleigh and Caylee. Because of the time difference some days its very late...especially the last few weeks since Kyron has disappeared. I dont drink but if i did i could drink a bottle a night and my husband wouldnt know as hes in bed... so i dont see it as strange what Kaine said.

I'm still catching up so sorry if this has already been addressed. If Kaine didn't know about the drinking then, how does he know about it now?

Even tho' I did enjoy hearing this audio interview...I admit it, I'm nosey...I still don't know why it was necessary to go over so much of these details.

I could understand sharing this info with LE...but, the media?

Why doesn't Terri respond tho?

If I was her I'd be out there making denials.

I don't know how I'd come across - but I'd be saying something.

She was apparently very vocal to friends and family about her predicament - why not to the public?

If she's guilty - then of course the smart thing to do would be to "remain silent" - especially to the press - so as not to have anything recorded - but that would involve great restraint - it's hard not to talk I think.

Maybe Kaine and Desiree are trying to bait her into talking after all?

Alcohol is something I'm too familiar with. My mom was an alcoholic and when I was still at home, I knew she was drinking. When I moved out, I couldn't say she was drinking every day because I wasn't there but would find the bottles when I'd come to visit. Silly me marries an alcoholic and I was with him every day. There is absolutely no way that I didn't know if he was drinking because I was in that house and could smell it. Believe me, if you're in that same house every day with that person, you know. Thank God I'm living alone and my dogs don't drink.[/QUOTE]

Lol. My dogs don't drink either. ;)
But I think sometimes the observation of these types of behaviors are because people living in the house are...paying attention to them. Like one does when they are familiar with alcoholics or addicts- they watch for them. If you, say, have no interest because you kinda hate your spouse...or you work all the time...or travel a lot....or have becomes used to this person in your life behaving erratically....or something like that....I think maybe the awareness of those behaviors frequently comes after the fact?

So she goes to bed every night (or almost every night) after Kaine does so that she can do her drinking then. I don't think he was the most observant husband. I think as long as she was there everyday when he got home from work (which he said she was) and he had a house to come home to with two kids---one hers, one his----that everything was okay to him. By his own admission he said she was off doing things during the day while he was at work and he had no idea what they were.

Respectfully BBM. I'm not sure what the bolded part means as both K children are Kaine's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member