Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
but wait, hold on

In one of the network videos/interviews this morning KH said he last saw Kyron outside that morning, feeding the cat and KH said he "was on his way to work" he said goodbye to Kyron - wished him well on his project - hugged and kissed him goodbye.

So, if he was working from home - why did he say he was leaving for work?

Dazed and confused - AGAIN!!!!

I think the interviewer said that KH was home that afternoon ; is it possible that KH went into the office for half a day, and worked in the house after that ? Just a thought.
All JMO

Any word or thoughts on why the SM was not there? Thanks!

I haven't read all the way through this thread yet so forgive me interjecting on this point. I really feel like it was the best move for Kyron's two biological parents to speak out. Don't get me wrong here, I don't think that biology plays the largest or the only role in deciding a family but I think in a situation like this it's best to keep steps and girlfriends and baby daddy etc at home. I think back to Haleigh and remember the interviews with Misty and all that mess. I really think it serves the child if family drama is kept to a minimum and I think the best way to do that is to present a united front with your child's other parent. Kudos to both of them.

Why all the focus on TH not being ruled out when NO ONE has been ruled out?

Respectfully, I think the emphasis of TH not being ruled out might be due to the fact that LE stated that she was the last person to see Kyron....

All JMO

This thread is for discussion about the interviews between DY and KH. Most of us have an opinion about TH so let's respect each others point of view and not let a debate take over the thread.

Thanks so much!

Biomom's house has NOT been searched, but biodad and SM's property and house HAVE been searched. It was confusing to me too at first. I had to read it a few times.

I just want to note again for those just joining the thread, that there is more than one interview with the bioparents. Read back through this thread and the Today's News thread to grab the links to the videos and articles, and there's also a transcript for one of them.

You can also quickly get to all the articles and videos from this morning here:

http://interceder.net/i/kyron-horman

We've got new information! Yay!

Yes finally....

I think the interviewer said that KH was home that afternoon ; is it possible that KH went into the office for half a day, and worked in the house after that ? Just a thought.
All JMO

You are right. That is what the accompanying KGW article said--he was home working in the PM only.

Watching/reading the interviews today, three weeks gone by, I get the initial feeling the parents are at as much of loss as to what happened to K as we are.

So at face value, I'm now more puzzled why LE would say it was an "isolated" incident.

I want to see an interview with TH. She was "in the hallway" with him that morning. She's the person I want to hear from. She needs to stop running from cameras and speak up about this.

Transcript Of Interview With Kyron Horman Parents
POSTED: 6:48 am PDT June 25, 2010
UPDATED: 7:07 am PDT June 25, 2010

The following is a transcript of a June 25, 2010, interview with Kyron's biological father, Kaine Horman, and his biological mother, Desiree Young.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24037975/detail.html

Reporter: What do you both remember about the last time you saw Kyron or what you talked about?

snip

Kaine Horman: Vacation. We were actually supposed to be on vacation right now. We were really looking forward to going down and visiting some friends in California. We were going to be there for an extended period of time. A lot of the families down there have kids around his age that he knows so we were really excited about that.

I saw him the day of the science fair that morning and I was just really proud of him for all the work he put into his project. We gave each other a couple of big hugs and I just told him to have a great day at the fair and enjoy presenting the project.

The transcript doesn't indicate that Kaine said he was on his way to work, just that he hugged Kyron and told him to have a great day and etc.

Did Kaine say he was going to work or leaving for work? Going to work could of meant in his home office. He is an engineer and anyone who has been around one or knows one knows they are a certain personality.

I don't think his eyeglasses have been found-what would have been the point of LE showing a likeness of the glasses and frames a few weeks ago? Also, I think Desiree pointed out that Kyron could not see well as an example as to why she knew he would not wander off on his own.

I wonder if when she indicated that she never thought it would be this long, if LE has or had given her any hope that they would break/crack this case very quickly? And now she sees that is not happening.

My first response to reading about the interview is almost anger. It's so odd the think that the family might actually believe that he wouldn't be gone this long. What on earth did they think happened to him? The portal swallowing him up is unreal and illogical. And, if Kyron is afraid of being without his glasses, then why, they should have always been there for him. Was he terrified of breaking them or something. I think my feeling of anger is, if they felt that he may have wandered away and lost his glasses, then why weren't hordes of people out searching everywhere for him, and why didn't they believe that he could have been taken. I'm not being snarky towards the family, it's just upsetting to think that they may have been fooled into thinking that Kyron did this to himself by wandering away.

Just a note on my "hinky meter". I got chills from KH when he uttered the adverb "passionately" in his response to SM working with the investigation. Is it just me or is this really being protective of his wife--Just saying. What?
Thanks mods for the new thread!

My first response to reading about the interview is almost anger. It's so odd the think that the family might actually believe that he wouldn't be gone this long. What on earth did they think happened to him? The portal swallowing him up is unreal and illogical. And, if Kyron is afraid of being without his glasses, then why, they should have always been there for him. Was he terrified of breaking them or something. I think my feeling of anger is, if they felt that he may have wandered away and lost his glasses, then why weren't hordes of people out searching everywhere for him, and why didn't they believe that he could have been taken. I'm not being snarky towards the family, it's just upsetting to think that they may have been
fooled into thinking that Kyron did this to himself by wandering away.

He is afraid of being without his glasses is because he has very poor vision without them. He needs them to be able to see.

I don't think his eyeglasses have been found-what would have been the point of LE showing a likeness of the glasses and frames a few weeks ago? Also, I think Desiree pointed out that Kyron could not see well as an example as to why she knew he would not wander off on his own.

I wonder if when she indicated that she never thought it would be this long, if LE has or had given her any hope that they would break/crack this case very quickly? And now she sees that is not happening.

I translated what she said into - It's been three weeks and we thought for sure he'd be back by now. I think that as a parent to survive, you'd have to tell yourself that "today" he will be found - each morning you woke up. Without being in their situation not one of us could actually know how they are feeling, etc. It's been three weeks. It's time to support these people. Living here and knowing the type of help that was brought in to find Kyron they are doing everything possible.

We just want this little boy found... alive if possible...

The remark about him being afraid of not having his glasses makes me understand why LE wouldn't comment on health issues early on.

My first response to reading about the interview is almost anger. It's so odd the think that the family might actually believe that he wouldn't be gone this long. What on earth did they think happened to him? The portal swallowing him up is unreal and illogical. And, if Kyron is afraid of being without his glasses, then why, they should have always been there for him. Was he terrified of breaking them or something. I think my feeling of anger is, if they felt that he may have wandered away and lost his glasses, then why weren't hordes of people out searching everywhere for him, and why didn't they believe that he could have been taken. I'm not being snarky towards the family, it's just upsetting to think that they may have been fooled into thinking that Kyron did this to himself by wandering away.

Gosh, hopefully this never happens to you. Snarky isn't the word... It took them 3 weeks to do this interview and you wonder why? It's like your damned if you do and your damned if you don't in this situation.

Everyone please have some compassion. 3 weeks to have a missing child has got to be the most terrifying thing to happen to a person. Something that is so tragic that it might push some people over the edge at this point.

You are right. That is what the accompanying KGW article said--he was home working in the PM only.

I transcribed and posted what the video says. It doesn't say 'only' so far as I heard. If I'm incorrect, I'd appreciate the correct transcription, and I'll edit my posts in this thread and the Today's News thread.

Did anyone besides me think it was a little snarky how Robin Roberts asked, when Kaine said they couldn't comment on what Terri had said about that morning, "You realize that the more people do know...don't you feel they'll be better able to help you and locate your boy?"
Good morning, Angelmom.

Could you point me in the direction of this interview with Robin Roberts? I watched all three network shows: ABC, CBS, and NBC. I don't remember this question.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member