Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM That statement did strike me as odd, like he wasn't completely certain of those "facts".

I read that as him saying that to the best of his knowledge that was the last time he was seen, not that it was in question whether Kyron was at school, had a science fair project, etc. I think LE may be keeing the family almost as in the dark as the public.

I have to say that watching these videos, their demeanor as well as what they say, neither of them seems suspicious of stepmom; both seem to think it's a stranger abduction.

It leads me to further believe that stepmom had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance.

:cow:
Morning, BeanE,

I have to say that I have the exact opposite impression, which just goes to show how we all look at the same things from our own frames of reference.

Nothing they said, nothing they did NOT say, and nothing in their demeanor leads me to think they do not believe that Terri is deeply involved in what has befallen their child: That this woman has harmed their child and that they are biding their time, doing their part, until she can be arrested.

I sensed their caution, their tact. In Desiree, I see a a very decided sense of self and a decency that is so commendable. I see her grief and her determination.

I believe they know what happened to Kyron and who did it, and are working in concert with LE for a decided purpose.

MY OPINION

I just watched three of the videos. What do you attribute the parents' aloof demeanor to? Shock? They're so calm.. like they're talking about a grandpa that passed away.

I just watched three of the videos. What do you attribute the parents' aloof demeanor to? Shock? They're so calm.. like they're talking about a grandpa that passed away.

Shock or resignation

Or, it could be that they're in denial.
I could defintely see Kaine being in denial, natsound.

As a mom who possibly suspected another woman, a woman who was there to help raise my child, had harmed my child, DENIAL would be the last psychological coping device I'd use.

My opinion

Also, in Laci Peterson case, her family stood behind Scott in the beginning too. I haven't had a chanve to view the interviews but I still think TH had something to do with this disapperance. JMO

Morning, BeanE,

I have to say that I have the exact opposite impression, which just goes to show how we all look at the same things from our own frames of reference.

Nothing they said, nothing they did NOT say, and nothing in their demeanor leads me to think they do not believe that Terri is deeply involved in what has befallen their child: That this woman has harmed their child and that they are biding their time, doing their part, until she can be arrested.

I sensed their caution, their tact. In Desiree, I see a a very decided sense of self and a decency that is so commendable. I see her grief and her determination.

I believe they know what happened to Kyron and who did it, and are working in concert with LE for a decided purpose.

MY OPINION

I tend to agree, except I don't believe they know what happened to Kyron. We're giving LE too much credit here. If LE knew, they would be moving on it, and not working with mom and dad under the radar. Also, in the NBC interview, mom said they simply have no clue what has happened to Kyron.

Morning, BeanE,

MY OPINION

I'm with Seeking Truth on this one.

The way they answered the question about the SM's involvement was stunning!

The natural response to being asked Do you suspect Terri was involved?
is "No!"...followed by something to the effect of "not only no but hell no!"

They failed to answer the question...cleverly sidefooting it in the CBS interview with words which I will paraphrase as "We all want him back" and "no comment" in the ABC interview ie we cant discuss anything part of the ongoing investigation.

Morning, BeanE,

4493262f1b.gif

:)

I have to say that watching these videos, their demeanor as well as what they say, neither of them seems suspicious of stepmom; both seem to think it's a stranger abduction.

It leads me to further believe that stepmom had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance.

:cow:

Different perception, but I didn't read them that way, and didn't read the reactions of the two as exactly the same. Assuming, though, that they aren't suspicious, I still wouldn't make the same ultimate inference. That said, I didn't get an urgent feeling they are thinking in the other direction, either. They seemed to be trying to maintain a certain neutrality, without really addressing any suspected guilt questions, to the extent they could do that. The dad seems very precise, in that if he didn't witness the actual event firsthand, he says the more accurate "to the best of my knowledge." Also, I can't know what each is told by LE, or who may be in understandable denial, if anyone.

I got the impression that Kaine was detaching himself from Terri to a certain extent. He mentioned that as far as he knew, Kyron went to school that day. He said he couldn't speak for Terri's reaction to the flyer going out with her picture on it. He said, "She's cooperating with investigators, as are we."
Nothing like, "Look, my wife had nothing to do with this!! Please stop hounding her and look for the real kidnapper!"

When he said Terri was cooperating "passionately," he said it in the most unpassionate voice imaginable.

I felt very weird after this interview.
I feel like Kaine was making it seem like they were not sure if Kyron was at school. But by now it seems like he had to be there.
"yeah I saw him that morning before leaving for work"
"and uh, to the best of my knowledge he went in for uh, a science fair, to um, go over a project that he had put together on red eyed tree frogs and uh that was the last time that people saw him"

Kaine seemed like he was very angry, defensive and heartbroken and trying to keep that to himself.

It also seemed like they tried to brush over the lie detector test. Did she not take them? Did she fail them? Will she not talk to them about the tests?

"and the step mom has taken two lie detector tests now, is that correct?"
"umm she's cooperating with investigators as are we."

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4254978/kyron-hormans-parents-speak-out

That was the thing that jumped out to m e out of all the interviews.." to the best of my knowledge he went in for uh, a science fair, to um, go over a project that he had put together on red eyed tree frogs and uh that was the last time that people saw him"

To me...that seemed like a weird thing to say like he wasnt sure if it was true or not.

hope, faith, dignity, honor, focus, education, information, experience, privacy, logic, process, self-esteem, humility, generosity, community, honesty, respect, trust commonality, love, love of Kyron, the ability to think past their noses, and a touch of class.

JMHO

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4254978/kyron-hormans-parents-speak-out

Just watched the Fox interview...the parents were even more evasive/uncomfortable when asked about the Sm's role than they were in the ABC/CBS interviews.

If an interviewer asked me if it was true my Spouse/SO took two polygraphs I would go out of my way to let the world know if she had passed them...how hard would it have been for him to replace the word "took" with "passed" in his response. Instead all we got was the off-the-shelf "canned" response ...we are all cooperating etc.

What does cooperating with Authorities mean? For example ...a person who fills out a tax return is cooperating with the IRS...doesn't mean that the tax return is accurate.

I got the impression that Kaine was detaching himself from Terri to a certain extent. He mentioned that as far as he knew, Kyron went to school that day. He said he couldn't speak for Terri's reaction to the flyer going out with her picture on it. He said, "She's cooperating with investigators, as are we."
Nothing like, "Look, my wife had nothing to do with this!! Please stop hounding her and look for the real kidnapper!"

When he said Terri was cooperating "passionately," he said it in the most unpassionate voice imaginable.
Great post, STEADFAST! I didn't catch that US, and the separate HER. Also, in one interview (man, there are a lot to try and keep track of!) I was struck by Kaine's wording, though of course it could mean nothing:

When asked whether or not he felt that the flyer made Terri look like a suspect, he said "no," that those "THINGS" had to be on the flyer. This is not at all a direct quote. But, since he seems to be a precise speaker, and his answer was not one that seems to be the sort that would impact the investigation why did he refer to Terri's picture on the flyer as part of a group of "things"?

Well, maybe this falls apart, because Kyron's picture was on there, too.
Still, the question asked was referring to Terri and having HER picture out there, along with questions about her.

Simply put, I kinda had the feeling that he was referring to Terri as less than human, as a "thing."

My thoughts on this because it really touched a nerve.

Also, my OPINION.

And what is up with the dad's response to the question about Sauvie Island? Meredith asks why they are searching there and he says it's because that is a favorite place for the family to visit?!! If this was an abductor, they surely wouldn't be taking Kyron to a favorite place the family likes! And we know he wasn't heading there on his own -- too timid to leave sight of his own house -- and Sauvie Island is quite far to walk. ANd we have heard that the stepmom's cell phone pinged off the tower. I guess he couldn't say "Well, my wife was supposed to be somewhere else than Sauvie Island, but her cell phone was pinged there when she was supposed to be somewhere else" IMO.

In the KGW article, it is reported that multiple searches of the home were conducted, without a warrant. I find that curious.

Morning, BeanE,

MY OPINION

That was my impression also. Thanks for expressing the feeling so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214