Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, hopefully this never happens to you. Snarky isn't the word... It took them 3 weeks to do this interview and you wonder why? It's like your damned if you do and your damned if you don't in this situation.

Everyone please have some compassion. 3 weeks to have a missing child has got to be the most terrifying thing to happen to a person. Something that is so tragic that it might push some people over the edge at this point.

Shock or resignation

Also, it was 4:30 in the morning there.

In the KGW article, it is reported that multiple searches of the home were conducted, without a warrant. I find that curious.

That tells me the family gave permission for the searches, no need for a warrant. moo

"Kyron is well-versed in "stranger danger," his parents said, but because he has some trouble following directions in school, they have worked with him on listening to teachers and parents in a school setting.

When asked if Kyron might have left Skyline with an adult he didn't know, Young said she wasn't sure.

'I can't say he wouldn't because [he knew] it's a stranger danger situation," Young said. "I don't know if he would recognize that.' "

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/parents_of_kyron_horman_to_app.html

I think that Desiree is trying to say what some of us believe but what she cannot say at this time. Kyron sounds to have been a very vulnerable, sensitive, and trusting child.

My OPINION.

So,the different news interviews were done right after the other.In the kptv you really see how Kaine is starting to lose as much composure he's had.He's acting as one who would be trying to maintain himself if an abductor is watching,what he can or can't say,whether it's a stranger or SM.Also,if Kyron's in danger with him even talking on tv and not to hamper the investigation with anything he says.

They look like they're in shock,scared,confused and not knowing if Kyron is alive or what's being done to him.I think they did an amazingly good job of maintaining in these interviews,keeping the focus on Kyron and not giving out any info they weren't suppose to.They're lost and just want thier baby back,so sad.

I know this is probably not at all what she is really feeling, but one quote is that "honestly, I am a little scared at this point..."

A little scared? Maybe that is the only way she can even verablize anything close to what must be going through her mind, all types of scenarios? I am not saying it is "off" in any way, just an understatement of tremendous proportions I would think...

In the FOX interview, the anchor asks Kaine what he's heard from people at the school that morning.. someone must have seen something. He said we're concentrating on finding him, we haven't really looked into that (not exact words). WHAT???

I've been waiting to hear more about what others at the school heard and saw. His response makes no sense IMO!

Anyone think the SM hired a lawyer?

You mean do I think that Kyron's father Kaine hired his wife Terri a lawyer?

Because Terri doesn't work. So logic would say that she could not hire her own lawyer. Perhaps she has family that could help her with that...

But, I do not know what to think as far as whether or not she has a lawyer.

I have to say that watching these videos, their demeanor as well as what they say, neither of them seems suspicious of stepmom; both seem to think it's a stranger abduction.

It leads me to further believe that stepmom had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance.

:cow:

Family members hardly ever believe that someone they know committed a crime. It's too hard to even imagine.

All the common sense evidence though that has been released though, points to the SM.

JMO.

And what is up with the dad's response to the question about Sauvie Island? Meredith asks why they are searching there and he says it's because that is a favorite place for the family to visit?!! If this was an abductor, they surely wouldn't be taking Kyron to a favorite place the family likes! And we know he wasn't heading there on his own -- too timid to leave sight of his own house -- and Sauvie Island is quite far to walk. ANd we have heard that the stepmom's cell phone pinged off the tower. I guess he couldn't say "Well, my wife was supposed to be somewhere else than Sauvie Island, but her cell phone was pinged there when she was supposed to be somewhere else" IMO.

Have we confirmed that Terri's phone pinged on Sauvie Island? I've heard the rumors but I'd like to see it in an article or in a quote from LE.

"Kyron is well-versed in "stranger danger," his parents said, but because he has some trouble following directions in school, they have worked with him on listening to teachers and parents in a school setting.

When asked if Kyron might have left Skyline with an adult he didn't know, Young said she wasn't sure.

'I can't say he wouldn't because [he knew] it's a stranger danger situation," Young said. "I don't know if he would recognize that.' "

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/parents_of_kyron_horman_to_app.html

I think that Desiree is trying to say what some of us believe but what she cannot say at this time. Kyron sounds to have been a very vulnerable, sensitive, and trusting child.

My OPINION.

I want to know more about the comment, "he has some trouble following directions in school . . ."

I guess I could logically assume by that comment that he also had trouble following directions at home. I'd like to know if he was considered a "difficult" child to take care of.

Gosh, hopefully this never happens to you. Snarky isn't the word... It took them 3 weeks to do this interview and you wonder why? It's like your damned if you do and your damned if you don't in this situation.

Everyone please have some compassion. 3 weeks to have a missing child has got to be the most terrifying thing to happen to a person. Something that is so tragic that it might push some people over the edge at this point.

Well, I hope it never happens to me, err my child as well. I have the most compassion for the victim who could be lying dead or being tortured by some wacko. The parents have either been influenced in their responses or been told to say certain things to the foolish public, because there is no panic and it seems as if there wasn't much in the beginning according to what was said. To just now be beginning to get a "little afraid" and thinking the child would be right home was mistaken and I wonder what they were thinking or being told. The interview makes me wonder why no one pushed the panic button and I'm not ashamed of that , because Kyron is 7 years old, not a fifteen year old who decided to leave school for a few weeks. Hopefully someone will eventually explain just exactly where they thought he had just disappeared to, but would be back in a couple of weeks.

In the KGW article, it is reported that multiple searches of the home were conducted, without a warrant. I find that curious.
Hi Sounder. I'm thinking that, IF Terri is the perpetrator in the crime against Kyron, she would not want to raise suspicion by objecting to LE officials searching their home and property.

I picture Kaine (with Terri chiming in) telling them to do anything they needed to do, search anywhere they wanted to search, in order to find his (their) son, and to he** with search warrants.

IF Terri is guilty and IF she hasn't admitted anything to Kaine, the tension in their home must be beyond unbearable. {Well, either way, it has got to be horrible. I wonder if she has gone to her parent's or a friend's house, or if that would look suspicious, also: IF she committed the crime}.

The baby is of huge concern.

MY OPINIONS

That tells me the family gave permission for the searches, no need for a warrant. moo

I don't find it curious that the family would give consent. I wonder why LE didn't get a warrant as part of policy. This went from missing/endangered to a criminal investigation. No one might have imagined it would go that way, but no one could say that it wouldn't.

Have we confirmed that Terri's phone pinged on Sauvie Island? I've heard the rumors but I'd like to see it in an article or in a quote from LE.

So far as I know, the sole source of that information is a claim by the Willamette Weekly that unnamed LE sources "not involved in the investigation" had "heard" things. As far as anyone connected with the investigation or family goes, don't believe there's been a peep about that.

My husband is an engineer too. He would be crying like a baby. I don't think we should generalize.

I am one of the most heartless people on the planet, according to most who know me. I have never cried at a funeral, or a serious break up. Don't get emotional at weddings, baby's births or family tragedies. I remain completely calm if I have to perform life saving measures on my own child.

However, when my child was missing for 30 minutes... I was hysterical. I was on the phone calling family to help me, while looking for her. I still secured her sister while I looked. I still had the presence of mind to do all of that. But I was completely hysterical.

30 minutes. Only 30 minutes. I was just getting ready to dial 911 when the dog found her.

Her Dad was not here at the time, but I can assure you he would have been a blubbering idiot and no help at all. I may be hysterical, but I automatically go into emergency mode. It's just how I'm wired. I should have been a ER nurse or something. My brother is just like me, cries a couple times a year. He was almost as upset as I was when my daughter was missing for that 30 minutes.

And then I would be calling the DA's office and saying that I would be actively campaigning against him the next time he was up for re-election if this case wasn't solved. And that he would have to start looking for another career because I would keep on him so that he would never get another DA job in his life. And I would be calling the sheriff's office and telling him the same.

Up until this point in your post I agreed with you. But it is pressure like this which gets people falsely arrested (Riley Fox case) and convicted. When this much pressure causes police to simply move and arrest the person they feel they can convict.

What if people had done this in Jon Benet's case? Put this kind of pressure on the DA and LE in her case? They very likely could have ended up charging her parents... when it's now been proven they were not involved.

I want this case solved, just like I want Haleigh's case solved. But I do not want it solved at the expense of the REAL guilty party getting away with the crime. :twocents:

You mean do I think that Kyron's father Kaine hired his wife Terri a lawyer?

Because Terri doesn't work. So logic would say that she could not hire her own lawyer. Perhaps she has family that could help her with that...

But, I do not know what to think as far as whether or not she has a lawyer.

Some people might state that since I am a stay at home mom that I "do not work" either. I can assure those people that is an erroneous assumption! I can also assure them that should I ever have reason to need one, that even though I do not receive a standard paycheck, I could easily afford to hire and pay for my own attorney. My family would not need to contribute a single penny to aid in my legal representation.

I would assume that TH is quite capable of doing so also, even though there is no indication that she has done so.

jmoo

I am one of the most heartless people on the planet, according to most who know me. I have never cried at a funeral, or a serious break up. Don't get emotional at weddings, baby's births or family tragedies. I remain completely calm if I have to perform life saving measures on my own child.

However, when my child was missing for 30 minutes... I was hysterical. I was on the phone calling family to help me, while looking for her. I still secured her sister while I looked. I still had the presence of mind to do all of that. But I was completely hysterical.

30 minutes. Only 30 minutes. I was just getting ready to dial 911 when the dog found her.

Her Dad was not here at the time, but I can assure you he would have been a blubbering idiot and no help at all. I may be hysterical, but I automatically go into emergency mode. It's just how I'm wired. I should have been a ER nurse or something. My brother is just like me, cries a couple times a year. He was almost as upset as I was when my daughter was missing for that 30 minutes.

I think it was already decided that if SM wanted to go to the gym, play games on Facebook, talk about "Clean Sheets", run from television cameras, [insert any other number of "normal" ways of dealing with stress] -- that is was perfectly fine -- because not everyone handles stress the same way . . . Right?

In my opinion, all of her actions point to "relief"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member