Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last 18 hours...

1) Bio parents failed to convincingly clear SM during 4 national TV interviews...
2) Issued 3 family videos which imo provides another indicator of their belief in Sm's involvement:

ie The videos all show Terry's involvement in Kyron's prior school activities...accompanied by her younger daughter. Yet on that day she chose not to go to Kyron's talent show...instead she spent time online...why?

3) 201 photos of Kyron from diaper to the soccer field aged 7... not one of which shows the stepmother "whom Kyron loves" and who has raised him since he was an infant.

Not sure what else they can do at this stage to make their position plainer...jmoo.

I continue to believe the bio parents and LE think the SM knows what happened ...although I strongly believe they doubt she was the one that did "it"...whatever "it" turns out to be.

1. I don't think their purpose in giving the interviews was to clear the SM; their overriding concern and focus is Kyron and I think they did a good job of keeping the focus on him.

2. Do we even know that the talent show was FOR the parents? I seem to remember a local posting here last week or earlier this week that it was for the students only.

3. There could be a number of reasons for that that don't point toward SM's involvement; we just don't have any way to know.

Regardless, I hope now that things seem to be opening up a little more, we'll hear more from LE in the near future, too.

What an odd thing to say. My husband is visiting his mother and father today. I would never say, TTBOMK, he is visiting his mother and father today. If he said it, I believe it, and that's how I would express it
"To the best of my knowledge", uh, he went to the science fair.
He has doubts.

Okay, now THAT comment from Kaine I caught as well. It made me think he's been interviewed by LE about 12 times. And he's learned to qualify what he understands to have happened, since he was not the one who brought Kyron to school or the science fair.

It also made me think they have a lawyer. In fact, today's interviews made me think they've retained professional counsel or media repping of some kind.

In fact, the distribution to news outlets of personal video and photographic slide show time to coordinate with this this morning's national back-to-back interviews and coverage made me think they have retained counsel or at least media advisory as a parental group. It felt professionally organized to me. :cow:

IMO, I don't think LE has the time to arrange all this stuff for them with the networks, etc. I do think LE gave them guidelines, but it's up to them to have figured out how to coordinate this morning's media junket - or to have retained someone who is doing it for them.

I have no issue with this. I rather expected them to eventually get their media act together. They just needed time. And, of course, they may have hoped & thought it would not go on this long.

I could be completely wrong about all of this. Just my observations & thoughts on such.

but wait, hold on

In one of the network videos/interviews this morning KH said he last saw Kyron outside that morning, feeding the cat and KH said he "was on his way to work" he said goodbye to Kyron - wished him well on his project - hugged and kissed him goodbye.

So, if he was working from home - why did he say he was leaving for work?

Dazed and confused - AGAIN!!!!
He said he was working from home that AFTERNOON. ( seems he went to work in the morning and finished his work from home later in the day)

My thoughts on DY's (possible) stance on TH are this...she's keeping her friends close and maybe (possible) enemies closer.

If I were DY & even KH for that matter, as hard as it would be I would do everything in my power to keep it together IF I had the slightest suspicion of who the POI was...even TH.

Did TH story about that day continue to show discrepencies with this last LD test?

I also have to wonder about the timing of the second LD test and the bio parents speaking out...is there any significance?

Watching both parents made me want to just reach in to the tv and hug both of them...so sad! :(

I've never been in a fight in my life. I'm always the peacemaker in our family, never confrontational, always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt (which admittedly works to my detriment sometimes).

However, if I thought someone I was that close to had done something to my child or had knowledge of what had happened to him, I would be in her face constantly, 24/7 -- I would be relentless -- and, if need be, I'd beat the ever loving shoot out of her til she told what she knew/did. Ditto if it were my spouse who might know something. Especially after this long.

In the last 18 hours...

1) Bio parents failed to convincingly clear SM during 4 national TV interviews...
2) Issued 3 family videos which imo provides another indicator of their belief in Sm's involvement:

ie The videos all show Terry's involvement in Kyron's prior school activities...accompanied by her younger daughter. Yet on that day she chose not to go to Kyron's talent show...instead she spent time online...why?

3) 201 photos of Kyron from diaper to the soccer field aged 7... not one of which shows the stepmother "whom Kyron loves" and who has raised him since he was an infant.

Not sure what else they can do at this stage to make their position plainer...jmoo.

I continue to believe the bio parents and LE think the SM knows what happened ...although I strongly believe they doubt she was the one that did "it"...whatever "it" turns out to be.

I concur. Yesterday I was happily sitting on the fence, but after today's interview, the photos from last night minus SM, and Kaine's wording - I believe the SM knows what happened to Kyron - or at the very least knows who may be responsible for Kyron. The interview this morning with Kyron's parents broke my heart.

About the glasses statement - has anyone thought that maybe the LE has either found Kyron's glasses or the kidnappers "sent" the glasses to the family/LE? I ask this because at one point in the investigation they released a picture of the type of glasses Kyron wore. They also released a picture of Kyron without his glasses on, and today Kyron's mom spoke about Kyron's fear without his glasses. Maybe the dots don't connect together, but it is something that caught my attention and makes me think...

Just to clarify - while I believe at the very least the SM knows who may be responsible - I still am not convinced she was a willing participant in the taking of Kyron. I would even venture to say she had no idea this was coming. I think this is someone who is after SM and went at her through Kyron.

I may be way off base here and really it is just rambling thoughts - I can't get the interview out of my head. I held my little guys just a bit longer today. The interview reminded me of how much I have to be thankful for.

Thoughts with you today Kyron.
:(

What an odd thing to say. My husband is visiting his mother and father today. I would never say, TTBOMK, he is visiting his mother and father today. If he said it, I believe it, and that's how I would express it
"To the best of my knowledge", uh, he went to the science fair.
He has doubts.

Nooooooooooo... he is just saying he can't be 100% positive because he was not there himself. Some people are very analytical... they won't say for absolute certainty unless they see it for themselves.
Besides... it's just an expression, a figure of speech.

Didn't Desiree have Kyron until he was 2 yrs old and she got sick?

yes. "mostly". 9/9/2002 until ?/2004

now that I'm looking for it for you, I can't tell if it's a full 2 years from this article.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

Kyron was born Sept. 9, 2002, and Kaine and Desiree were officially divorced in 2003. Kaine and Desiree shared custody, but Kyron mostly lived with Desiree until 2004, when she went to Canada after suffering kidney failure.

Kyron moved in full time with his dad, now 36, an engineer at Intel. With a demanding job at the company's Jones Farm campus in Hillsboro, where he works in the architecture group, Kaine needed child care. So, Desiree's friend Terri moved in to help.

Can someone please explain biomoms response to the question "Why did you wait so long to speak directly to the public?

She said (paraphrase)... its been three weeks, we never thought he'd still be missing after 3 weeks.

She's married to a detective who knows only too well the stats for happy endings go down dramatically after 48 hours absence... so what's she been thinking since June 6?

I thought the statement about she's 'starting to get scared' since Kyron has been missing for 3 weeks now was quite the understatement. Starting to get scared????

About the glasses statement - has anyone thought that maybe the LE has either found Kyron's glasses or the kidnappers "sent" the glasses to the family/LE? :(

snipped, bold mine

Too dramatic for real life, IMO.

I haven't seen a thing that says he went to work that morning, or where work was (at the Intel office, at an office in his home). I'm not going to speculate or assume. I'm going to wait until LE or Kaine tells us where Kaine was at the time of Kyron's disappearance, because right now, I just don't know.
Hi BeanE,

This response is not to you, though it does include the link to a FOX interview where Kaine says he "saw [Kyron] that morning before leaving for work..." (Link included below)

My computer went haywire and I ended up needing to copy my response to oxymoran, and now cannot find his/her post that I was responding to. Below is the original response:

Hi, oxymoran,

You make some really good points and you bring up some important thoughts about this interview, and Kaine and Desiree, in particular.

Did anyone notice that Desiree appeared somewhat disgusted at the very beginning, before the interview started, as if she couldn't believe what was said, or shown, in the beginning segment? Could it be because the interviewer said their WAS a suspect, then had to correct herself, saying their were NOT any suspects? My guess: The media and Kyron's biological family (and step-dad) are cooperating with LE and towing the party line, which is: LE has NO SUSPECT(S). This FOX reporter either slipped on purpose or she forgot. This is just speculation, obviously, though Desiree sighed pretty loudly and was not happy.

Though FOX interviewer was very sub-par, in my opinion, Kyron's parents were giving off some big clues.

As oxymoran and others have pointed out, there is no huge protective streak in Kaine for Terri, even within the boundaries they seem to have to be answering their questions.

* Though maybe told not to, it is strange that there was no confirmation about there ever having been a lie detector test given to Terri, let alone two. If asked by LE not to confirm, then I suppose this would explain his lack of support for his wife's innocence, re: Polography reults.

* Kaine cannot say for sure that his wife's story is the truth. He says "I saw him that morning, before leaving for work, and TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE he went in for a science fair to GO OVER A PROJECT ... AND THAT WAS THE LAST TIME THAT PEOPLE SAW HIM."

OUCH !!!

(I tried to get his words written down correctly. Please let me know if this wrong in any way).

LINK: http://video.foxnews.com/v/4254978/kyron-hormans-parents-speak-out

MY thoughts and OPINIONS.

So many grey areas. So, did TH's older son move in too with KH to take care of Kyron when DY was in Canada? Is DY's family from Canada? I would assume she crossed the border to get medical care. How did she manage that in a legitimate way?

Can someone please explain biomoms response to the question "Why did you wait so long to speak directly to the public?

She said (paraphrase)... its been three weeks, we never thought he'd still be missing after 3 weeks.

She's married to a detective who knows only too well the stats for happy endings go down dramatically after 48 hours absence... so what's she been thinking since June 6?

I thought that was a odd response too, but given you do live with a detective, and most kids are dead within 48 hours and they usually find the body near by, her mind may have been racing. Stress or shock, makes us say things that don't always sound right, or come out the right way. LE didn't want them on TV or making statements, so maybe now is the first time they felt they could do an interview, thus the 3 week comment. She knows the odds and she is fighting it in her mind, so is the dad. If this had ever happened to me, I would be eaten up by the bloggers and media, because I can't even speak when I am upset.

1. If they were leaving on a vacation to California for a long time, how was the missing child going to go to the doctor on the 11th of June?

2. Nobody at the school knew that the family was going on vacation for a long time? Were they on vacation at home for a week or more until school ended and then leaving for California?

3. There was a lot of video of the missing child in a program where he was not the star or alone. I wonder why neither parent went to the talent show?

I say "missing child" because I don't want my comments to come up in a search engine.

AFIK, they are all (including Terri) being investigated, are all a part of the investigation. Perhaps what is observed & interpreted here as evasive or distancing speech and behavior - with regard to the investigation questions - is, in fact, actual prudence being exercised as diplomatically as possible in the face of the glaring media.

I just have to wonder how much Kaine and Desiree felt they were "allowed" to say about the ongoing investigation, including their own cooperation with LE and, of course, Terri's. The parental group just strikes me as trying very hard to cooperate with LE guidelines. (LE can't necessarily "make" them follow guidelines - but they certainly can choose to follow any LE guidelines they are given as to media.)

Plus, I keep reminding myself one of the parental group IS actually LE - detective. I think it's fair to say that this is an LE-friendly family. LE confirms as much at every opportunity. IMO.

The missing child gets off of the bus around 3:45. Do parents go out for ice cream that close to dinner?

And at another part of the elephant ...here's how People mag reported the round of interviews for their vast readership
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20397391,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

Missing Boy's Father: Stepmom 'Committed' to Finding Kyron
By Eunice Oh

Friday June 25, 2010 03:45 PM EDT

... Terri Moulton Horman has been the subject of police attention and taken two polygraph tests, but the stepmom of missing Kyron Horman has the support of his family members, who spoke out on the network morning shows Friday.

"I believe she's committed, as the rest of our family is, to finding Kyron," her husband Kaine Horman, told The Early Show.

"The investigators are working with her and with us to help find him," he said as his ex-wife and the second-grader's mother, Desiree Young, nodded her head in agreement.

"Honestly I'm a little scared at this point," she told the Today show Friday. "Three weeks is a long time and we need to bring him home. [I'm] scared in the sense that he's not at home where we know he's safe."

On Good Morning America, Young said she can't think of a reason why her son has not been seen since June 4.

"It's like a portal opened up in the school and Kyron just vanished into it," she said. "It's a mystery."

"[Kyron]," she adds, ... He's not an adventurous child so he doesn't like to wander off.

In the KGW article, it is reported that multiple searches of the home were conducted, without a warrant. I find that curious.

I would assume that means the family agreed to allow the searches. And that if LE saw something suspicious, they'd wrap it up and leave and not return until they had a search warrant.

In the FOX interview, the anchor asks Kaine what he's heard from people at the school that morning.. someone must have seen something. He said we're concentrating on finding him, we haven't really looked into that (not exact words). WHAT???

I've been waiting to hear more about what others at the school heard and saw. His response makes no sense IMO!

I think it makes sense. He hasn't been contacting possible witnesses, he is letting LE do the investigation. He and his family just want their child back, and that is taking up all their thoughts right now.

Have we confirmed that Terri's phone pinged on Sauvie Island? I've heard the rumors but I'd like to see it in an article or in a quote from LE.

No quote from LE. Just some information in a WW article. The article does not name its sources, only say that they are involved in LE but not in the investigation.

I think it was already decided that if SM wanted to go to the gym, play games on Facebook, talk about "Clean Sheets", run from television cameras, [insert any other number of "normal" ways of dealing with stress] -- that is was perfectly fine -- because not everyone handles stress the same way . . . Right?

In my opinion, all of her actions point to "relief"

I know you are being sarcastic! :angel: But really, you are right. People tend to pacify themselves when in the midst of a tragedy that goes on for many days. Some people turn to alcohol or drugs, others involve themselves in mindless activities just to be able to breathe for a moment.

The minute we determine that an individual is guilty of something because their grief isn't being played out like ours, we are beginning a fast slide down a very slippery slope.

I just listened to Shep Smith on FOX who had on a talking head. After discussing the interviews this morning Shep asked this TH what he thought LE was centering on now {not verbatim}.

I was very surprised when this guy said LE wants to know info anyone has on Terri being at SI on June 4th. He did say she has been placed there on that day. I almost thought of calling the tip line from a comment I read written by a local after some article but realized that would be worthless. But I sure hope LE reads all those comments.

Do you think LE is able to get the names of posters who write those comments under news articles? It would be odd if someone wrote something they had seen in a comment and then not call the tip line, but you just never know about people, right?

Any clue where this unnamed talking head got his information? Because LE hasn't said anything NEAR to what he is stating as fact.

In the last 18 hours...

Oh, Lordy.

#1. Nothing the bio family is able to say or do would convincingly "clear SM" to everybody. If they HAD tried, I imagine there would be an outcry along the lines of "Well, maybe "they" said she was cleared, but LE didn't say it."

#2. I see nothing in any of the released videos that even remotely indicates that they believe SM is involved in whatever happened to Kyron.

#3. Who took the photos? I am in very few of my children's photographs because I am the photographer. So it is possible she is the primary photographer in her family. If the photos were chosen on the basis of who appeared with Kyron in the photos, we still would not know or even be able to infer WHY.

Putting all three of your points together, and noticing that none of them are fact dependent, then balancing them with the way I see things, we fall way, way short of determining that Kyron's bio-family is making anything at all clear.

I'm not trying to make you change your feelings, just pointing out that when our points are based upon our subjective reactions to what we see, sans hard fact, it isn't going to advance the investigation for this child.

The missing child gets off of the bus around 3:45. Do parents go out for ice cream that close to dinner?

Actually...there were times when we literally made a dinner out of ice cream...lol! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed