Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for starting this thread-I read the article last night and a few things struck me, but most significantly was the mention yet again of Kyron's glasses and how disabled he was without them.

The other thing that struck me was that the Kaine I am seeing now is 180 degrees from the Kaine shown in pictures with his son-that Kaine has an easy smile and a light in his eyes. The Kaine I see in the media now looks like a devestated shell of a person. Almost a robot. JMO.

The only thing that makes sense to me at this point, right now, is that we're talking about some elaborate kidnapping?? IMO this is not like a missing child investigation. It's like the family and LE are playing along and sending messages at specific times??

Sometimes it seems like that to me, too.

I must read too many books, because I have been thinking this for awhile. I just don't understand WHY someone would kidnap him, they aren't wealthy. I have to say out of all the high profile cases this one seems weird and grows weirder by the day.

Would LE participate in a "cat and mouse game" with kidnappers??

BBM

IMO, yes they would and they would do it for as long as it takes to get Kyron back home safely.

IMO

I don't know how much People Magazine pays for their interviews, but I would imagine Kaine donated most of it back to the search fund.

I don't know how much People Magazine pays for their interviews, but I would imagine Kaine donated most of it back to the search fund.

All these national news sites who do interviews have a nifty way of words to hide that they pay for their stories. They say they don't pay for the interview itself but they do pay the person who is being interviewed for the photos that are shown with the article.

I don't read People magazine or any other celebrity type mags or those considered tabloids so I haven't seen this article.

I remember in the Laci Peterson case People magazine gave Amber Frey's girlfriend thousands of dollars for one photo of Scott and Amber together. The only way we found out they do pay is People messed up and in the background showed the photo on the wall of Amber's girlfriend and they wound up paying her $20,000 for the photo instead of the original $5,000.

IMO

Do you have a link for that, or is it simply conjecture?

Ok I just totally lost it. I have been saving the Kellog's codes and Sara Lee bread UPCs to get Maddie the TS3 stuff. Including the Lunchbox. I have extra so I am gonna order the USB Alien to keep on my desk for Kyron. He lights up.
*sigh*

So Kaine doesn't want to talk to local reporters..WW, Oregonian...but he's fine with being in People week after week?

I'm hoping he's doing it in the spirit of keeping Kyron's face out there and people looking.

Reputable newspapers don't pay for photos.

People does.

Not saying this is his reasoning. Even if it is, it could be to help fund private investigators, the reward, or even future searches.

If your child was missing, and People offered to do a story on him, wouldn't you jump at the chance for that kind of coverage? Of course you would! It does not mean Kaine is motivated by money or trying to control the press.

He's a father who married a bad person who did something to his child. Give him a break!

If your child was missing, and People offered to do a story on him, wouldn't you jump at the chance for that kind of coverage? Of course you would! It does not mean Kaine is motivated by money or trying to control the press.

He's a father who married a bad person who did something to his child. Give him a break!

I agree with your first paragraph, but fail to see that there is sufficient proof for your second.

I am interested to know who it was that ordered the TS3 lunchbox for Kyron. Was it KH or did TH place the order?

The topic here is:

The People Magazine Article.

To be fair, I no longer will talk to local papers because they cannot quote correctly to save their lives! They have the worst excuse for reporters on the planet. While I am not familiar w/ reporters at the newpapers Mr. Horman refuses to speak to, I would not be surprised to find they are the same way. :(
(For example, they cannot even get my qualifications right--college name, etc.)

I have worked as a copy editor (and a guarantee that because I just said that, you will find several typos in this post :)). Not for a publication of the caliber of the Oregonian. Apologies to any reporters who are here, but most reporters really need copy editors. They don't fact check and (innocently?) twist things all the time. I won't go so far as to say that reporters in general aren't very bright, but I have to wonder sometimes. The Oregonian is still a pretty high quality paper in the scheme of things, but all print media is going downhill. The O laid off much of its copy editing staff. I trust the Oregonian much more than my local paper, which seems to employ only reporters fresh out of college, but I still wouldn't trust it 100%.

And yes, every story on which I know the "inside scoop" gets things wrong. Usually several things. Most of the time the errors didn't matter that much. But I knew someone whose story made all the national news magazines. Every single one of them got some part of the story wrong. And they only quoted those of us who had something tabloid-worthy to say about the person being profiled--we weren't talking about People magazine here folks, but Time and Newsweek!

I know we've been lead to believe that you can trust the mainstream press, but please take all reporting with a huge salt lick, no matter what the source!

To be fair, I no longer will talk to local papers because they cannot quote correctly to save their lives! They have the worst excuse for reporters on the planet. While I am not familiar w/ reporters at the newpapers Mr. Horman refuses to speak to, I would not be surprised to find they are the same way. :(
(For example, they cannot even get my qualifications right--college name, etc.)

Do we know that People is 100% accurate? Do they always quote correctly?

I understand the concern and the accuracy of what you say. But that could be said about A LOT of MSM. Including People magazine.

I think it would be interesting to know why KH makes the choices he does regarding media. Especially in light of what some posters here have said about how this case differs in that regard from other similar cases.

How do his choices help find Kyron? What's the strategy?

We don't know yet who is responsible for Kyron's disappearance. There has been nothing but wild speculation and witch-hunting. In this country, people are presumed innocent until proven otherwise in a court of law. Not in the media nor on forums and chat sites.

We don't know yet who is responsible for Kyron's disappearance. There has been nothing but wild speculation and witch-hunting. In this country, people are presumed innocent until proven otherwise in a court of law. Not in the media nor on forums and chat sites.

BBM

You are absolutely correct but I have seen a drastic change in the last few years and if the media wants a person to look guilty even before an arrest has ever been made then they have the power to do so and also has the power to convince the American public beforehand to believe their unsubstantiated musings as gospel.

Now it seems people are declared guilty even before there is an arrest or even if there is never an arrest.

I question why Kaine decided to do an interview with People and exclude his own's states largest newspaper.

IMO

I haven't noticed major errors with People magazine, really. Or with Portland's local media.

I was however interviewed for a local newspaper about a charity event I was helping with. She asked who was holding it and I said the BMW and Porsche clubs (we were surrounded by the cars.)

She said, "Okay and how do you spell BMW?" :waitasec:

Really. It was like when someone asks the number for 911...

Compared to our local news, Portland and People have really been quite impressive. :innocent:

I am not sure why Kaine chose to do an interview with People, before laying out the rules for the media. I think it is totally possible something changed when he filed for divorce. I do know that we all make mistakes in how we do things, how we plan things, who we choose to deal with... we just are not normally making those decisions at the expense of our child's life.

If he chooses wrong and the media angers his son's abductor, they might kill him. That is a pretty huge weight to have on your shoulders. When your child has been abducted you have absolutely no idea what you are dealing with or what might set that person off. What if the person who has Kyron is mentally ill? A media outlet digs up something and reports it and they take it personally, hurting or killing Kyron and saying "I warned you not to mention that..." Even if all they are trying to do is find out where his body is... angering the abductor could make that impossible.

We just have no idea what is going on behind the scenes, or in his head. Maybe it is the audience he is trying to reach by going with People?

I don't know... but I will find it far more interesting if he interviews with People NEXT week. After laying out the media rules.

It isn't the fact that he gave an interview to People magazine that I question.

It's that he kicked out two local, legitimate, news media organisations, the Willamette Week and The Oregonian without any explanation.

Both publications have given Kyron a lot of coverage; both publications have had their coverage picked up and cited by national and international news media so that they, in effect, could be considered national or international news organisations at this point.

So why the discrimination? If KH isn't supplying a rationale, the decision seems very, very odd. To say the least.

As for your final assertion, could you provide a link?

I just want to say...
You think think this board moves fast? think about how his head is probably swimming....
he gave that interview couple of weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06