Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The qx of whether Kyron had a Drs appt. or not should be easily verified. Do we have verification if this was done?...Or did I miss that..

I know,wouldn't he have a regular pediatrician?They could just check with the office.

To remember what is considered in the realms of "normal" for children of a certain age, I know it's kind of like this. At 12 months, they could say 1.2 word sentences At 16 months, 1.6 word sentences.

In other words, an average 16 month old may say 2 word sentences sometimes. 3 word sometimes and one word sentences sometimes. It would average out to 1.6. Ex: Daddy me wawa.

I took normal language development about 25 years ago and the memory is foggy, but it is close to that.

Very interesting, thanks!

So if Baby K has nothing to say, it means nothing, really.

It would only be relevant if Baby K said something like "Kyron bang-bang!" or "Kyron go wa-waa!"

On the other hand, both of those could be innocent sentences, too.

If TMH is responsible, I have this horrid dread that Baby K was with her, saw it and is too non-verbal to say what she saw. If Baby K were there, I hope that anything she saw was just beyond her comprehension level.

is the forum getting work done? I notice all the writting is centered now?
and the time and day is differnt too?

ok....carry on......

p.s. i like the new look :biggrin:

It has done that to me a couple of time lately just after I make a post. I just go back one page then return to the same page and it is all back to normal.:waitasec:

Exactly. One call to the doctor, you end up with: was an appointment made, when was it made and what day was it made for.

Either answer the question, or not. You answered everything else clearly and fully. This answer makes no sense and you can't even tell what he means by it. A month later and the LE and FBI and you can't confirm one doctor appt?

I think I liked it better when they didn't talk at all. And, I don't even know why I feel like that.

I also wish they would charge Terri with something or stop implying her guilt with every word they say. You either can prove what you think or you can't. You don't get to say anything you want just because you want to. It's starting to really annoy me.

It could be a situation where Terri told people that Kyron had an upcoming doctors appt, that was never scheduled, because she actually had other plans for that day....which may or may not be part of the case.
heck, for all we know she could have been planning to run away with kyron and the lil one on the day of the appt, so she could get a head start...
just throwing out posibilities

I know,wouldn't he have a regular pediatrician?They could just check with the office.

I'm sure the appointment story has been checked out by LE and Kaine knows about it since they (Desiree and Kaine) are being briefed on a regular basis.

Just because he didn't share the information about the appointment during the Q & A doesn't mean the appt. is still a big mystery to LE.

BBM

Do we know that? Link if this has been reported. Is it not possible her tests were inconclusive? Or the first test inconclusive and the second she passed?

No, I do not have a link. Sorry, but I am just recalling that I heard on TV that Terri's first LDT could have shown evasiveness. She did take two.

I should not have stated it as I did.

:angel: Please forgive me!

I think it is a fair assumption that LE went over the answers to the questions before they were released. I think LE also goes over the written statements the family releases.

In that case, why pick that question and give an ambiguous answer? One good reason would be to try to lure TMH into giving more details or information, so they can comb over her answer for any inconsistencies.

Good cop, bad cop.

The bad cop makes an assertion that LE knows is wrong or somehow skewed, then the good cop gives the suspect the chance to set the record straight.

Yes I agree LE probably does go over it all. Does not mean LE picked the questions though. Im sure LE does not answer the questions for them either, just ok's them.
It is still an investigation, and to my knowledge no one has been ruled out yet.

It has done that to me a couple of time lately just after I make a post. I just go back one page then return to the same page and it is all back to normal.:waitasec:

Refreshing the page works for me.

Yes, this is what I was thinking too, specifically HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act). I think perhaps a parent or guardian could release medical info about a minor in their care but maybe not. And perhaps LE cannot have access to that info either, without a warrant. I'm too lazy to look up the specific law right now, but I can check at work tomorrow.

I work with confidential information, a lot of which falls under HIPAA--basically, if any document we have has the slightest bit of medical info--from blood type to stubbed toe to died of a heart attack--it is handled in such a way that only people who are allowed to have access to HIPAA info can see it, and that is just for in-house use. You need special authorization to see that info outside the agency, unless one chooses to supply that info to a third party oneself. We would have no right to do so. I imagine a criminal investigation would be different, but LE would still need a warrant.

Parents of minors can obtain and share whatever they want. (Unless r/t abortion/pregnancy/STD in SOME states at certain ages, does not apply here w/Kyron) LE generally needs a warrant unless the legal guardian signs a release of information.

Snipped respectfully for space.

The wording in this particular response is different from the way the other responses are worded. IMHO, it could be that possibly one of two things. 1. They have someone that is advising them on how to be careful about how to say what they want to say, without stepping over the line(Legal advice) 2. Or it could have easily been advice from D's (Kyron's Mother) Husband.

It's just the flow of the wording of the response that differs, nothing important and it means nothing in the larger scheme of things.

As always JMHO.

ITA....Sounded like LE to me too, DY was my guess as well.

I would also like the question of the talent show to be cleared up because the timing doesn't make any sense to me. Did the school really open early that morning with the public being invited to attend the Science Fair, then expect the parents to come back to the school in the afternoon to attend the talent show? I saw a pic of the school sign someone had posted (photobucket) or in an news article. The Science Fair was listed on the sign, but the talent show was not.

Maybe I am nitpicking, but details are important. Heck, where did the info about the talent show even come from, and were very many parents even there?

MOO

No, I do not have a link. Sorry, but I am just recalling that I heard on TV that Terri's first LDT could have shown evasiveness. She did take two.

I should not have stated it as I did.

:angel: Please forgive me!

No problem, all forgiven! LOL There is so much in the case, it is hard to keep it straight.

But, you know, that is the perfect non answer, isn't it. "Terri's first LDT could have shown evasiveness." It could also be stated "Terri's first LDT could not have shown evasiveness." Both would be equally correct. She could have passed the first one with flying colors, but, being as how some people can beat the test, and, from reading various things through the years, the cops don't tell one if they pass or not, if they are fixed on her, and seeing as how she hadn't lawyered up (at that point), maybe they felt by having her in for another it would freak her out and she would confess.

I don't know, I keep coming back to how weird this case is. I can't wait to see what the next twist will be.

My heart breaks for little Kyron!!!

Everyone here has pretty much said what I was feeling already. I found it interesting that the dad noticed that his wife was not walking along side him and the baby. Interesting even more so that he'd point that out. Also, that there was a mixup/ something with him having a doctors appointment on Friday. Sounds a little to convenient to me.

I think that SM at the very least have absolutely something that she is hiding. I even more so have it in my gut that she made it a point to drive the husbands truck that day, that she made sure she went thru the school un noticed and early before everyone was viewing projects. That she snapped a picture, left his back pack and then made a mixup about an appointment. Then posted on facebook. At first I thought she was just a normal loving mother, but a normal loving mother would give her life for her child, even a step kid if they really loved him. I'd go to jail for another child even if it wasn't my own, so she's not being honest. Hopefully she'll tell the truth soon. I'm praying for a safe return of Kyron alive and well. I hope that the SM starts to tell the truth so that Kyron can come home.

:waitasec:

so we found it weird that step mom wouldnt come see him in the talent show but it's ok for dad to skip the science fair?

yeah i know. cant stay away. this is like the train wreck that keeps on going.

Big difference , IMO. Dad had to go into the office to work, (at least in the am), while Terri was a SAHM.
A: KAINE – I last saw him at about 7:45 am. He was coming back to the house after feeding our cat (Bootsie) and I was heading out to the car to head into the office. I walked over to him, told him I was extremely proud of him for the effort he put into his red-eyed tree frog project, and for him to have a great and fun day at the science fair. We talked about maybe going for a special treat and playing the Wii after school, and then I said “I love you”. He said “I love you too, Dad”, at which point we hugged, and then he went into the house as I got into the car and left. While I have not seen him since, that moment in time is still etched in my mind as if it just happened and is a constant reminder of the joy of having him as a son.
I still can't figure out why, if the two of them were home in the afternoon, kyron was expected to get the bus home ....especially if he needed to bring the science fair project home at some point, and Dad said he wanted to celebrate with Kyron for a job well done, so I see your point about dad.

If the baby was sleeping, one of them could have still gone to pick him up.

Without getting into the good parent/bad parent debate, I'd like to say I consider being a SAHM an unpaid job. My job is to be wherever my kids need me, whenever they need me. (and sometimes even when they don't want me around lol)
So even if there is a bus that could take my child to and from school, I would walk or drive to get them because I CAN, and because I see that as part of my JOB as a SAHM.
Keep in mind I have 'issues' with SAHM's who dump their kids elsewhere to do shopping, run errands etc, so I'm projecting a 'lil. I guess I would be considered an overprotective, helicopter mom

So even if there is a bus that could take my child to and from school, I would walk or drive to get them because I CAN, and because I see that as part of my JOB as a SAHM.

I think if a person felt that way, then it would be suspicious if they didn't pick the child up from school. That's why LE look at patterns of behavior, and search for divergences from routine. But thousands of SAHM across America let their children take the bus home from school, and there is no malicious design in it. Kind of like how some SAHMs believe it's their job to cook every meal from scratch (no prepared foods), so for them it would have to be out of neglect or some emergency that they would feed the family Tuna Helper or pizza. But if another family doesn't care about that kind of thing and eats Tuna Helper frequently, the act of feeding the kids Tuna Helper on the day something bad happened would have no significance at all.

In the case of Kyron, it sounds like it was perfectly normal for him to take the bus to/from school.

ETA: I should also add, it can be very confusing to pick the child up from school some days but not others. My parents would try that with me some days when I was young, and it didn't always work out well. Sometimes I would miss the school bus because I'd think they were picking me up that day, or I would board the bus because I didn't get the message that they were coming to get me. Once I even got the message that they were coming to get me from a teacher who was mistaken, so I stood outside the school waiting for them, and when they didn't show, decided to walk home (I was 9 years old). They were, of course, waiting for me at the bus stop, and when I wasn't on it, they flipped out, and were driving all around town looking for me. After that they stopped messing about with that sort of thing and told me I should get on the bus every day. Consistency tends to work best with little kids.

well he specifically mentioned that le said on friday she was still cooperating, 2 days after she hired a lawyer.

so thats where i get the impression he says le is lying/not be truthful, whatever you want to call it, about her cooperation.

and yes, i do find setting up your alibi in an email 'weird'

I personally call it just answering the question that he was asked.

And I have no doubts that the police knew what he was going to say either. They all seem to working very well together.

moo

Now I am going to speak up and choose a position. I wanted to wait until I was sure. Needed more indicators and got that tonight after reading the family question and answers.

The SM has to be involved somehow. She has to be.

The division in the family is one indicator. The story about the plot to "harm" the husband and neither LE or the Horman three will deny this story is a rumor or way off base when asked. They don't confirm the report...but they do not DENY it either. If in fact that story are way off in left field, not even in the ball park, I would think between the two sets of people (LE and Horman three) someone would say "no way" any of this is true. There is no logical reason to let damaging rumors that make front page news fly in the community. I think the media hit a bullseye with breaking that story.

The Horman three re-clarified tonight and restated about the co-op issues with TH. Their statement tonight went deeper than what LE has released in the past. Sheds a bit more light...on the details of just what "coop" has been.

Then there is TH who is completely missing now from any public comment except for being caught posting something on KATU's site last week. Granted she has a lawyer now and they do communicate in a restricted way....but if she was innocent and none of the stuff coming out is true...again in not in the ball park...why would you NOT release at least something via email or fax from your lawyer to media very briefly that says...(none of what is being said about me is true...I will not comment on it any further-there is no need..and please keep looking for Kyron???)

If a person is innocent they would not stick their head in the sand like this and hide with all these damaging accusations coming out. That is not normal. If a horrible flat out lie came about me on the front page of Oregon's major newspaper...yep I would be saying something.

The stepmom could try to hide behind "it was too difficult to speak out" or "I was devestated by KH missing"...the first couple of weeks into this I would have bought that as a reason for remaining so quiet...but not now especially after the rest of the family has spoken multiple times....no way. This looks so bad in the public eye(the community which could possibly pull a jury from later on)...and I do not know who is advising the SM before and with the lawyer now but I hope they are worth it.

I am all for LE...I support you...FIND KYRON...and FIND THE PEOPLE who are involved in this. That poor kid after thinking about how innocent an 8 year old mind is..... No kid deserves to go missing for a day let alone this long. Sad. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

"Dr. Bones, I'm Kaine Horman, Kyron's father. When was Kyron scheduled for an appointment?

Thank you."

*hang up*

The problem is tho..Terri could have told the teacher there was an appointment for one day and it was another..and then claimed the teacher misheard she got the wrong date because she supposedly had hearing problems...which would then lead confusion because they have the teachers version versus Terris version.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member