Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read since the beginning of this case that TH had given the teacher paperwork relating to Kyron's upcoming Dr.'s appointment. In my experience the paperwork that would be given to a teacher relating to a dr.'s appointment is almost always related to diagnosing a special need in their student- ADHD or some type of ASD being the first that comes to mind, though there are others.

With that being said, if that was the case it would be very surprising (to me) that KH was unaware of an upcoming doctor's appointment because of the natural concern that would arise. The flip side of that is the family might not want to reveal this do to privacy concerns.

Just my thoughts and opinion - please no one love smack me, I'm new :couch:

Welcome aboard and thanks for your post.

BBM. At some point in the case, we might learn more about some family concerns/issues regarding Kyron, but I don't think this needs to be discussed at the present time. We need to focus on bringing Kyron home to those who love him. jmo

Q: It’s been just over one month since Kyron disappeared, how is the family seeking support to keep up hope that Kyron will be returned home safely? Who is the most helpful source of support outside the family?

A: The only support we have been seeking is for people to keep an eye out for him. The local community and people all across the state of Oregon and everywhere in the Unites States have sent notes of prayer, reassurance, and strength in support of Kyron and our family. While the local community is relentless in its search for Kyron and support of the investigation, the national community continues to get the word out and watch for him. We will be reaching out to other families and organizations that help with missing children cases, we have not yet had enough time to do so. Other than that our strength and support comes from our love for Kyron and we lean on each other as much as we can while we search for him.

BBM - It has been over a month yet the only help they have been seeking is people to keep an eye out. They will be reaching out to missing children organizations but they have not had time.

I'm sorry but those statements blow my mind. My child is missing I would be doing everything to find my child. Why the need to reach out to missing child organizations? In every other missing child case that has made the media like this one, the missing child organizations are reaching out to them. So have they been ignoring them? Do they not want the help? Or are they afraid that they won't be a team player and refuse to do media?

What have they been busy doing? They have not been taking advantage of the media attention to get the word out by giving interviews. They have not been out searching. They have not been "reaching" out to missing child organizations. they have not given scent items to the search team that brought the dogs. What have they been doing to find their son?

IMO, controlling everything seems more important than finding Kyron or they do not believe that Kyron is a missing child.

And another point - IF true that Terri was searching for a 'hit man' to murder her husband, why would we expect any communication between her and hubby. I doubt they talked much at all especially about children's dr's. appts. Can you just imagine their mindset? moo mho

Then again, Kaine bought Terri the new mustang. When was that? Rumors of affairs, maybe the mustang was a peace offering. They look to be a happy family in pictures just days before Kyron goes missing.

Never mind, I found he bought her the mustang in 2007.

Welcome aboard and thanks for your post.

BBM. At some point in the case, we might learn more about some family concerns/issues regarding Kyron, but I don't think this needs to be discussed at the present time. We need to focus on bringing Kyron home to those who love him. jmo

I totally agree with you. I only posted about it in response to the discussion about parents not knowing about childrens appointments and what the import of an appointment that required a teacher filling out paperwork might be.

It was in no way to speculate about issues or concerns regarding Kyron.

And another point - IF true that Terri was searching for a 'hit man' to murder her husband, why would we expect any communication between her and hubby. I doubt they talked much at all especially about children's dr's. appts. Can you just imagine their mindset? moo mho

When did he buy her the car out of interest?

When did he buy her the car out of interest?
IIRC the "car" was a Mother's Day present - just not sure if it was Mother's Day 2009 or Mother's Day 2008 - I don't think it was this (2010) year though.

I'm not looking for a hitman to murder my husband, and he usually doesn't know when my kids doc appts. are. He's at work, I'm here. Unless something goes wrong or I need to tell him about something that happens, my guess is he knows about 1/4 or less of the appts. they have.

IIRC the "car" was a Mother's Day present - just not sure if it was Mother's Day 2009 or Mother's Day 2008 - I don't think it was this (2010) year though.

Wow, another unconfirmed? Here I had read it was a birthday gift to her ? :waitasec:

I really don't think there will be any resolution on the "should the husband know about appointment" thing. I think it differs from family to family, and that seems "normal"...whatever normal is;)

I mean my sister's husband (my niece's stepdad) knows about his step daughter's appointments, and even goes to school functions when he can get off work and my sister can't. Conversely, my own dad would NOT have known about my appointments growing up, and he wouldn't have been as likely to attend functions as my mom did. I think the dynamics in every family are different, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that:)

Coverage coming up on JVM, in few minutes I think....
reporting right now live

This isn't the 50s.
~Snipped

I just got a call tonight from a telemarketer who asked to "speak to the lady of the house". I told him he mistakenly called 2010 and must be trying to call the 1950s.

See how influential you are? I know your post must have been in the back of my mind when I said that to him. Seriously, I really appreciate your point of view on things.:)

If anyone would like to take a question and answer and make a new thread for discussion, please feel free

I'm seeing on the net, as well as from a few of our locals here on WS (thank you, locals!), that on KGW last night they said that Kaine and Desiree had cancelled their scheduled press conferences (Mondays and Thursdays/Fridays), and issued this statement:

"Our focus continues to be fully on the investigation and finding Kyron. All indications are that law enforcement obligations will be heavy in the coming week."

Do I have that statement correct? Was there any other info? Is it just for this week?

I don't see a story on the KGW website yet. I'll keep checking.

ETA: Just published on KOIN:

Kyron's parents not scheduled to speak this week, noting "heavy law enforcement obligations"
Last Update: 6:47 am

Our focus continues to be fully on the investigation and finding Kyron. All indications are that law enforcement obligations will be heavy in the coming week. As a result, we are sorry that we cannot schedule any media meetings. We really apologize for the change but, as always, our priority is keeping our energy and available time focused on the search and both of those things will be in short supply this week. We will keep you updated immediately on any changes. If any breaking events do come up we will schedule a Q&A or interview session accordingly. Thanks for your understanding. We are currently planning on holding sessions the following week (July 19th and July 22nd) as events progress.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...ring-police-sting/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

There was a video up late last night with the story, however the webcam is now covering the traffic.

Watching http://www.kptv.com/video/15359817/index.html stream their News at 10, and they mentioned the statement by Kyron's parents tonight,
The also reported that the family is going to launch a website soon to sell tee shirts and bracelets.

I'm seeing on the net, as well as from a few of our locals here on WS (thank you, locals!), that on KGW last night they said that Kaine and Desiree had cancelled their scheduled press conferences (Mondays and Thursdays/Fridays), and issued this statement:

"Our focus continues to be fully on the investigation and finding Kyron. All indications are that law enforcement obligations will be heavy in the coming week."[/I]

Do I have that statement correct? Was there any other info? Is it just for this week?

I don't see a story on the KGW website yet. I'll keep checking.

BBM what does this mean? Obligation to Kyron? Or that LE has to get back to their normal obligations? I'm just kind of hopeful after the tipster saying he saw TH on Logie. & now all of the sudden they cancel their press conference.

BBM what does this mean? Obligation to Kyron? Or that LE has to get back to their normal obligations? I'm just kind of hopeful after the tipster saying he saw TH on Logie. & now all of the sudden they cancel their press conference.

I took it to mean that Kaine and Desiree's obligations to meet with LE would be heavy this week, and that's why they wouldn't have time to do the pressers. But it's not really clear, as you say. Hoping there will be more info from locals or in a story or video.

Hmmm did they go 'off brief' in the last presser by answering too many questions, or do we take this at face value? Maybe the profilers think that by withdrawing somewhat they will draw Terri out? Or is something afoot? ..... Oh not too keen on the selling t-shirts and bracelets really, but if its the only way to get the funds they need for the searches then I understand why they would need to. Hope something breaks in this case soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23