Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"She recently got her teaching license re-instated and has been applying for teaching positions so even the state of Oregon didn’t see this coming," wrote Kaine Horman.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kaine-Horman-Terri-was-a-good-person-when-we-first-met-98620944.html

Oh my......

:shakehead:

yup...I checked this out at the State of Oregon's Teacher Standards and Practices Commission website. Her license is effective as of 2/23/10 and expires 3/14/13.

I searched with last name and birthdate to pull it up.

http://www.tspc.state.or.us/lookup_query.asp?op=9&id=0

I find it interesting that she just did this. I'm wondering if she was setting the stage for planning to support herself in the future (life somehow w/o KH?)

MOO.

I have thought for some time that Kyron might have been sent to some type of youth "boot camp" program to work on his listening skills and/or other behavioral issues that were of concern to his parents/teachers. I keep thinking that the duration of said program could be 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks, etc. that that this is why Desiree and Kaine thought that Kyron wouldn't be gone "for this long".

Maybe Terri had intimated at times that she thought that Kyron needed to be sent away to work on some necessary skills. As a teacher, she was likely aware of such programs. Maybe the parents objected to this and agreed to work on these issues within the family unit. I have wondered if Terri took it upon herself to have Kyron secreted away to a facility without Kaine's knowledge because he was opposed to it. jmo

The above quote is from a post just a little upthread from human...
THANKS HUMAN!

I must have done the quote wrong, so it did not appear in a box...
but what human said resonated VERY strongly with me.

I am tomato proof so save them, lol, but I have also noticed he has started responding to some of the questions floating around in cyber space. The clothes thing from court yesterday, and now the "how did you not know" stuff, maybe he is scouring the net looking for rdsqrl posts or something.

How could Terri seemingly be so sane and normal for the first four years of their marriage/life together, and then just begin to turn into...a monster. I just don't get it. People do not become sociopaths in their mid-thirties, it is more likely to manifest as a child or a teenager. I have not heard anyone from her past indicate she was anything more or less than your average woman. It has to be more than PPD and less than sociopathy. There had to have been a reason she wanted Kaine dead, if she did. It could have been her belief or knowledge that Kaine was having an affair-women have killed for that reason before. But it is a big leap from that, even, to doing away with his child. I think that would be a first, in a world where there is nothing new under the sun.

I personally believe that people can pretend for a long time. I've seen someone live a lie for so long that they had an identity crisis, not knowing who they really were. There are also those that live double lives without those closest to them knowing it. It happens.

BUT, who knows, hopefully it will all come out in the wash :wink:

:waitasec:

She's another person now?

I am not trying to be snarky. I just really really really want to know the history of this alleged transformation of Terri Horman. And when they drop these little nuggets, it makes me curiouser and curiouser and also a little bit crazy and generally annoyed with all of them. If you know what I mean.

Because ALL of them are responsible for judging what was best for Kyron & his brother/sister, and deciding with eyes open to empower and trust Terri Horman, with all her quirks and lies and vanity and voracious sexual appetite and muscles and faults, as the 70% (est.) intimate caretaker of these tender-aged children.

So, I wanna know. Exactly what kind of person has Terri become? And exactly what kind of person was she before? And when did this change happen? And why didn't any of the 3 other parental units pay attention and take action?

I know it might be insidious and complicated by time and distance and poor communication and challenging family dynamic. But I STILL want to know how this deceitful, selfish, narcissistic murderous version of Terri slipped by the 3 other parental units relatively unnoticed.

Because, frankly, it feels disingenuous - this publicly invented one-sided impressionistic painting of the newly morphed-to-evil Terri Horman. When they throw out these little nuggets like this quote ... well, I just happen to believe these 3 other parents are educated, intelligent, and so much smarter than this half-baked transformer-Terri story they are selling us.

Something does not ring completely true about the story thus far, IMO. I guess I smell more cover-up.

At the end of the day, the other factors in the family dynamic that created this perfect storm may not be entirely material. Certainly, nothing in that family dynamic excuses the fact that Kyron has been lost to his family. Nothing. But...it might help explain it.
and how about the quote that DY has heard her lie for the last seven years she has known her? (paraphrase link is here somewhere)

A plant does not grow without roots and nutrients. We will see ALL of this soon imhoo. ((the poison plant of how kyron vanished.. what fed and watered the intention,etc... again moo)

This still does not explain the "immediate danger" which was the basis for the RO. He said he had 15 minutes to pack for himself and the baby... what was the big hurry? Had she threatened him and/or the baby just prior to his decision to leave?
I am just a little surprised that a judge would grant it based on this, because I was under the impression she was not even home when he left. To me, an "immediate" danger would signify someone right there threatening you with a weapon. And if his reasons for getting this RO was merely being told that she tried to hire someone to kill him seven months before..... that is clearly not "immediate" and I see no threat towards the baby whatsoever.
I may be dense, but suppositions and speculations are just not enough, IMO.

Thank you for bringing this here. I saw that and all I could think is what on earth could have happened in the last 18 months that she could have gone from being all about the children and not even making herself a priority to being accused of wanting him and possibly his son dead? How could a person lead a normal, even admired life to being suspected of the worse? I have had many babies and I know that pregnancy and post partum caused me to chage at times in not a good way but to undergo a total personality change? No signs of personality disorder to this? I don't believe it's all true, a lot of this in in hindsight. We do know that a previous husband accused her of being unfaithful so obviously she may have had some history of lack of character. Did something push her over the edge? I am confused I can only imagine how the people that have known and loved her may feel.

Dunno but it could be extremely stressful if she used to live her life being an exemplary unselfish mother figure who was all about children and never thought of herself if it was partly because she felt that was what was expected of her and not because that's all she'd ever wanted. You may be fine with that sort of thing at first because it's the right thing to do and you love the children but then it goes on and it goes on and nobody ever thinks you have any needs and everybody thinks it's okay to demand things of you and you may start to feel some bitterness and then more and then more and then every little thing starts to seem a huge imposition and you might start feeling like a martyr and boom, explode. (Although the explosion was more like Big Bang, if all the alleged things are true.)

You said it much better than I could! Thank you! These are some of the same thoughts I'm having.
WHY did not one of them see this side of Terri before? Especially Kaine, since he lived with her.
I'm having a hard time buying into all this for some reason.

It's sometimes easier to live in denial when those around you are behaving strangely. My youngest sister was obviously "different" in her early 20s but family members looked the other way or assumed that our baby sister was just growing up and becoming an adult. My mom would not allow anyone to say anything negative or to demonize our sister.

Long story short: It turned out that my sister was diagnosed in her mid-20s as schizo-affective and also has borderline personality disorder. The family has walked on eggshells for more than 25 years while we learned to deal with this disturbed family member.

The people around Terri might very well have noticed her changing behaviors but learned to accept and deal with by mostly being in denial. Terri is able to pull herself together in social situations with people who do not interact with her on a daily basis. jmo

The sting was a few days before the RO was filed. I really don't understand why he didn't ask for the house in the RO. I'm sure it would have granted.

I can think of one reason he may have just let her stay in the house….
is it possible that he gave LE permission to put hidden cameras etc. in it?

This still does not explain the "immediate danger" which was the basis for the RO. He said he had 15 minutes to pack for himself and the baby... what was the big hurry? Had she threatened him and/or the baby just prior to his decision to leave?
I am just a little surprised that a judge would grant it based on this, because I was under the impression she was not even home when he left. To me, an "immediate" danger would signify someone right there threatening you with a weapon. And if his reasons for getting this RO was merely being told that she tried to hire someone to kill him seven months before..... that is clearly not "immediate" and I see no threat towards the baby whatsoever.

I don't know about Oregon, but here in TX, judges are elected. This is a very high-profile case. Perhaps the judge was simply protecting his seat and reputation? IDK.

I'm betting.

Terri's known for some time now that Kaine was asking the court to remove her from the home. Certainly long enough to give her time to pack what's essential. The judge should just order her out today and be done with it. If she's not taken the last week or so to pack up and be ready for this, too bad.

I'm getting tired of all this peripheral drama.

If TMH is responsible for Kyron's disappearance, she must be frustrated that she can't say "I don't need to get out of the house because Kyron won't be needing his room." She wouldn't move out voluntarily for her own daughter's sake either. If MC hasn't invited her to move in with him he must wising up. Wish the judge would tell her that her time would have been better used packing instead of sexting.

. Wish the judge would tell her that her time would have been better used packing instead of sexting.

Coming back to add on a little bit more..

Could her sexting be the attention she was craving so much from her husband? Has anyone thrown this question/theory out yet?

If he'd made the request on his petition for the RO, it would have been a mandatory ouster with police standby. Given what he's said and implied regarding Terri remaining in the house, I have to wonder what his intent was in not requesting this in the first place.
I may have written this before--I know I thought about it (lol)--but, I think that he thought the whole MFH issue would land her in jail, and he didn't think he'd have to wait this long to get back into his house...

Maybe they should have waited until something happened to Kaine then??

At the end end of the day yes it was several months since she had tried the MFH however it was not several months that Kyron had disappeared..and it does appear to be risky around her. The RO was got on the advice of police..and they have far more evidence than us to judge whether its "supposition or speculation"

JMO

I think many of us here would like to see the link the MSM media or elsewhere on this board that states that KH practices an "alternative lifestyle." TIA.

Not just that..Terri seems to have had at least two affairs herself the last 7 or so months...

Kaine answered some of these questions when KGW asked him about it:

"Terri was a good person when we first met and for several years (I’d say up until 2008). She was always about children (teaching) and helping them grow and develop. Her attitude was always about those types of things first, her own self not even being a priority close to that. I believe that this is the Terri that everyone else saw and got to know as I did"

"There were some signs of emotional distress here and there over the past year and a half but not enough of that directed at any one person to conclude she would be capable of anything even remotely close to events of the severity we have all seen"

read more here:
http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kaine-Horman-Terri-was-a-good-person-when-we-first-met-98620944.html

Also, I know someone who was married to a woman that was bi-polar and suicidal. He knew somewhat about what she was capable of doing, but when she actuallly committed suicide he was absolutely shocked and broken. Nothing could have prepared him for that no matter what "signs" he may or may not have seen. I think that you want to see the good in the person you're married to, that you love, and sometimes in certain cases as we're seeing here, Terri was not the woman Kaine married. Or maybe postpartum psychosis is the problem that has made Terri become this person.. I really don't know. And quite simply, people can change for good or for worse.

Another thing, I think in general women tend to see through certain behaviors more than men do. For example, when I know someone is being deceitful or insincere and I talk to my husband about it, he tends to not see it the way I do. My husband tries to see the good in everyone and he takes things at face value. But I, as a woman, I'm always "reading between the lines" so to speak hehe. Anyways I'm babbling now but I think I got my point across :smile:

Thanks for pointing out this article, shorty, I'd not seen it yet. It's helpful to read Kaine's thoughts here, actually.

And I totally get the "Venus vs. Mars" radar thing. Same with me & my DH.

And thanks to others above - cluciano & ami & nursebeeme & human & BDE & Donjeta & all others - who also make valid points regarding those who can "miss the signs"... and tehcloser who laughs at my yokes. :) and is always the first to "thud" whilst I stand by frozen staring into insanity.

I take from Kaine's statements that until 2008 he'd seen no intermittent emotional events. This would put us at pregnancy or before, but not after the birth of the baby. Hmmmm. Not a lot of detail. Was he the only adult witness to these events?

As we continue to learn more about Terri through those that knew her best - if they consistently link the change in her to the timing of the baby's birth ... will we have to consider a PPD syndrome psych defense?

So far, is it only Kaine that has presented this assessment - linking the change to the year 2008. I wonder if there are medical records to support this sort of thinking as to the "change". I wonder if any of it's drug-induced.

Kaine has now offered this "psych out" to Terri a few times - perhaps as a strategy for being forthcoming - tell us where Kyron is - we all know it's not your fault you've lost your mind.

At the same time, Terri's counsel likely advises her to maintain her silence.

But we have learned that Desiree never much cared for Terri, but remained silent regarding her misgivings for blended family's & Kyron's sake.

I fear we are quickly getting nowhere.

And with Kaine headed back to work - I sense Team Kyron transitioning to a long-haul strategy.

No arrest in sight. Must settle the house matters, figure out day care and get back to work.

Are Tony & Desiree also plannign to transition - spend more days in Medford than in Portland?
I waited all week to see what progress may have been made given all the big "LE committments" they last mentioned.

Maybe we'll learn more Monday, if not this afternoon.

I'm not feeling that we are any closer to a resolution. I am getting the very beginnings of a fear that LE is taking a "fresh look" at the case once more before it has to, logically and financially, go into the "active/unsolved" files, as some agencies euphemistically refer to their cold cases. Right now, it is just a tiny fear in the back of my mind, but it may grow larger in the next week, if nothing more happens with regards to Kyron. I am not counting court cases with Kaine, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm