Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize that DY and KH's interviews are MEANT to convince us of TH's guilt, but honestly they have the opposite effect on me. The more they talk the more I have doubts about her being guilty.

I'm so glad you said that, teh, because that's where I am. It just seems what they say is based on on feelings and understandable anger and desperation and pain, rather than on facts or evidence or anything LE has said.

I don't fault them, or think badly of them. It makes me feel even more compassion for their pain. It must be just plain pure hell to have your child vanish, and you have no idea whatever where they are, and you just want him back.

I just don't know where to go from here. I really don't. I don't know how to help Kyron right now, and that feels awful.

It just seems what they say is based on on feelings and understandable anger and desperation and pain, rather than on facts or evidence or anything LE has said.

And now that I know their info on Terri is from her and not LE as we've been told and led to believe, I feel like I'm back at square one.

I am not a drinker, but I understand that vodka leaves no tell tale liquor breath. My father was an alcoholic. I know ALL the tricks.

I lived with an alcoholic years ago. It's not just the smell you notice, it's their mannerisms, and their eyes look different. I could tell the minute my ex walked in the door if he had been drinking. He didn't have to be staggering drunk... just two or three drinks and it showed. He didn't use mixers, he drank straight whiskey. And if he drank, say a half case of beer first, and then started on the whiskey... it was best to leave until he sobered up.

I can't see how a husband could NOT know if their wife was drinking, most women have a lower tolerance for alcohol than men, until they have been drinking for years and years.

If Kaine is so clueless, how can he say there were no signs that anything was wrong? But then again, he said his marriage was headed south after baby. Or was it when he said he didn't know Terri was unhappy. But she was being treated for PPD and the doctor wanted him to watch her closely. But she was never diagnosed.

*pulling hair out*

*sigh* it's very hard to predict exactly when a marriage is heading south. There are always months when things seem to improve. As for a family member with a mental illness, my mom had something. Borderline, bipolar, depression, PPD... We don't know. Neither did the doctors. A lot of times people are treated with anti-depressants and they aren't clearly diagnosed. It's very hard to diagnose somebody, specially because a lot of the patients lie a lot.

I realize that DY and KH's interviews are MEANT to convince us of TH's guilt, but honestly they have the opposite effect on me. The more they talk the more I have doubts about her being guilty.

ITA!

I have thought all along that TH is likely guilty (due to being the last person to see Kyron, and being in his close family), but I also understand that is purely opinion on my part, and I have nothing upon which to base that except the application of knowledge gained from other cases. It is not personal for me - I don't *hate* her, esp in light of the lack of charges or evidence. I think in these cases that the obvious suspect might very well be the perp, and likely is - but not always... so, it is best to keep an open mind.

However, with this barrage of "we know she did it!" interviews, I get even further solidified in my position of loyal opposition, feeling even more that those of us blessed with distance in this case should continue to question everything from every side. So that is what I try to do.

BUT, I have to admit, the more they shout "guilty," the more I begin to resist it... A little "[they] doth protest too much," maybe? IDK... just a feeling that I need to rethink my earliest assumptions and not get snowed here. (ETA: And remain hopeful of something useful from LE at some point in the future.)

All MOO.

And now that I know their info on Terri is from her and not LE as we've been told and led to believe, I feel like I'm back at square one.

Unless Kaine was telling the truth in the RO application where he says LE has given him probable cause to believe Terri abducted Kyron - but who knows. I'd bet his attorney was helping him fill out the form.

Didn't Kaine say in an interview not too long ago that there'd been no drinking after the DUI, that they'd *fixed* that problem and moved on (can't recall the exact words, but that's the gist of it). Don't ask me when he said this, I can't keep up with the contradictions.

I agree with BDE; Houze is watching all of this and taking notes. This stuff is going to come back to bite them in the butts, from all sides. IMO.

I am confused about this being good for the defense. If she's innocent, maybe a she'll have civil suit against them, but there's plenty of ammunition of her own actions to counter that. The defense brings up DY and KH as smearing bullies, they bring up her suspicious timeline and actions. If she's guilty or innocent and they go to a criminal trial and all the defense has is two bullies made her look guilty but her timeline can't be determined or verified, and her sexting and other actions come up, still not good for the defense. I just don't see how this could possibly be good for the defense. If the only defense here is character assassination, that will only open the can of worms that is TH's life too. No defense attorney would want to do that, especially with what TH has done since Kyron went missing. I hope he has more than just character assassination at a civil or criminal trial, or TH is certainly not going to get a favorable verdict in either case. Am I wrong here or just misunderstanding how this audio could be good for the defense?

I am not defending the audio, btw. I am just thinking it doesn't help anyone, least of all poor Kyron.

For those who are now back on the fence about Terri, do you guys believe KH or DY abducted their son?

I mean, what is your belief now? That the parents of this boy are accusing Terri because they are both responsible? And this was just a ploy to hurt and assassinate Terri's character? I mean, really?

I think many of us have observed that KH has a peculiar personality, that he is not very emotionally aware (low EQ?). I think he really meant each of these statements--that he would have considered things to be generally "ok" prior to this, and even retrospect, realizing the warning signs, he never would have dreamed the problems (with TH or with the marriage) were this extreme.

ETA: I don't want to give the wrong impression. I have tremendous sympathy for KH, perhaps all the more so because of what I am describing above as an impaired ability to relate to emotional situations. My heart really goes out to him.

JMO

I've said it before, but because Kaine is an "engineer type", and folks seem to think he's strange, I bet he's somewhere on the Asperger's Syndrome spectrum. So yeah, low EQ. Some of my closest friends and family members are "aspie" to varying degrees. And yeah, the men are sometimes... argh... :banghead:... clueless. And totally unobservant, not prone to understanding body language or social cues. To the point of apparently thinking, "Yep. Everything is fine here." When clearly it is not. Lovely, caring, intelligent, and in fact highly moral and ethical, but can't fathom other people's emotions or emotional people. It is a spectrum, and no two people with AS have the same areas of difficulty. And that diagnosis, my friends, along with my feeling that Terri is NPD, and $5 will get me a latte at Starbucks. :twocents: I am not a psychologist.

I appreciate this point so much and so decided to try and put myself in their shoes.

If this were me, everyone would think I was a b****h I'm sure! And I don't curse, so that tells ya how bad I'd be! I'd be jumping up and down and sleuthers high and wide would say I needed to be committed. I'd be on every media outlet screaming MAKE HER TALK!!! (Well, let's hope my family & friends would come alongside me and keep me from acting like that, but that's how I'd feel!!)

What I'm saying is that I wouldn't be able to think about anything but getting TH to talk and tell me where I can find my child. I really believe KH and DY believe TH is guilty of hiding Kyron somewhere. And I think KH and DY would tell you anything about them you want to know in exchange for Kyron - without a blink of an eye.

JMOO

For those who are now back on the fence about Terri, do you guys believe KH or DY abducted their son?

I mean, what is your belief now? That the parents of this boy are accusing Terri because they are both responsible? And this was just a ploy to hurt and assassinate Terri's character? I mean, really?

I don't think any of us are saying KH and DY abducted their son. I mean really...there are other choices. It could be alot of things. Stranger, someone out to hurt any of the parents, bio or step. Or it could be Terri did it. All we are saying is RIGHT NOW with what WE KNOW, there is not enough evidence to arrest Terri. So that being the case....It never hurts to look else where.

I've said it before, but because Kaine is an "engineer type", and folks seem to think he's strange, I bet he's somewhere on the Asperger's Syndrome spectrum. So yeah, low EQ. Some of my closest friends and family members are "aspie" to varying degrees. And yeah, the men are sometimes... argh... :banghead:... clueless. And totally unobservant, not prone to understanding body language or social cues. To the point of apparently thinking, "Yep. Everything is fine here." When clearly it is not. Lovely, caring, intelligent, and in fact highly moral and ethical, but can't fathom other people's emotions or emotional people. It is a spectrum, and no two people with AS have the same areas of difficulty. And that diagnosis, my friends, along with my feeling that Terri is NPD, and $5 will get me a latte at Starbucks. :twocents: I am not a psychologist.

If he is on the spectrum, that would explain a lot of why he didn't see the signs with TH. But there are other things about him that don't really fit with having AS in my mind. I can see him having some similarities with AS though. Interesting because in the early weeks I thought his social behavior ranked similar to my son's, who has AS. I know one thing, I don't think his social behavior is that odd for an engineer and I've expressed that here before.

Sorry, I haven't read the entire thread but I'm curious on the timeline of when Terri was allegedly drinking herself to sleep every night. I absolutely agree with those that say it can be hidden, esp. if it took only a little for her to 'pass out', but if Baby K had already been born that would have made her an infant. No way a new mom could have gotten away with hiding that from her husband, especially if she's breastfeeding. Just my 2 cents.

I believe they believe she is guilty, but what is truly fueling their suspicion? Is it truly suspicious actions on her part, is it a grudge, is it misconceptions about Terri or general dislike of her, is it tunnel vision on the part of LE with regard to how Terri was investigated, especially with regard to shaping Kaine's emerging suspicion?

And, no, I don't believe either DY or KH are responsible for Kyron's disappearance. If Terri is innocent and I had to guess, I'd say a predator took advantage of the vulnerabilities of the school that day, took Kyron, abused him, and killed him.

It's very unlikely, IMHO, that Kyron is still alive. Anything is possible, but statistically speaking, it's highly improbable, and yet there is no evidence of a murder scene, no evidence Kyron is deceased. For two months all the focus has been on Terri, they have the vehicle she was driving, a rough idea of her whereabouts, and they have zero evidence. Maybe they're not looking at the right person or in the right place.

Actually, having been sitting on the fence for a long while (and have the bruises to prove it...LOL...), what I think is simple.

I think there's a bad guy (SO) out there who is rubbing his hands together in glee, planning the next assault, thinking "they have NO idea I exist!! Muaaaa Hahahahahaaaa"....

As for the interview, I think we're seeing grieving parents who have decided they know who did something to their child, and are doing everything in their power to bring that person to justice. What they are doing is understandable, but not appropriate, and certainly not helpful to either the investigation or to their own sanity. "Ugly coping" was a phrase used to describe TH's actions, and I think it can be justifiably used here, too.

None of this is bringing Kyron home; it's not bringing in any clues. It's not helping whatsoever. And because of that, I think it needs to stop. Now.

Best-
Herding Cats

Sorry, I haven't read the entire thread but I'm curious on the timeline of when Terri was allegedly drinking herself to sleep every night. I absolutely agree with those that say it can be hidden, esp. if it took only a little for her to 'pass out', but if Baby K had already been born that would have made her an infant. No way a new mom could have gotten away with hiding that from her husband, especially if she's breastfeeding. Just my 2 cents.

I haven't listened to the whole of the interview, but I have read in posts that his belief she was drinking herself to sleep every night was for about 6 months, back around the time of the DUI, in 2005, so before K was born. HTH.

You're right, though - it would be difficult to hide it if you're a mom of a newborn, esp if you are breastfeeding (don't know if TH was, but saying that would add complications).

Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong, which I imagine they will. Likely 6 of them will.

AFAIK, we aren't even allowed to discuss the possibility of KH/DY being involved, so I don't think you're going to get any takers on that one.

But, for me, I have to admit that MC, and now DDS, do make my eyes narrow.

And I, like others, naturally fear that some random perp out there has been handed a tremendous gift in TH's universally pronounced guilt.

MOO.

I haven't listened to the whole of the interview, but I have read in posts that his belief she was drinking herself to sleep every night was for about 6 months, back around the time of the DUI, in 2005, so before K was born. HTH.

You're right, though - it would be difficult to hide it if you're a mom of a newborn, esp if you are breastfeeding (don't know if TH was, but saying that would add complications).

Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong, which I imagine they will. Likely 6 of them will.

Thanks for your response. At this point it seems like they're throwing almost anything and everything out there to assassinate her character. (IMO she's guilty, but I also think so many unrelated things from years ago are being tossed out. Altho I might easily do that myself if I was ever in their shoes).

Unless Kaine was telling the truth in the RO application where he says LE has given him probable cause to believe Terri abducted Kyron - but who knows. I'd bet his attorney was helping him fill out the form.

Honestly, I don't know what to believe any more.

I appreciate this point so much and so decided to try and put myself in their shoes.

If this were me, everyone would think I was a b****h I'm sure! And I don't curse, so that tells ya how bad I'd be! I'd be jumping up and down and sleuthers high and wide would say I needed to be committed. I'd be on every media outlet screaming MAKE HER TALK!!! (Well, let's hope my family & friends would come alongside me and keep me from acting like that, but that's how I'd feel!!)

What I'm saying is that I wouldn't be able to think about anything but getting TH to talk and tell me where I can find my child. I really believe KH and DY believe TH is guilty of hiding Kyron somewhere. And I think KH and DY would tell you anything about them you want to know in exchange for Kyron - without a blink of an eye.

JMOO

I'd say we're probably cut from the same cloth...except, I can fling some mighty "french" words when need be...:blushing:

And, as far as what DY & KH are saying...if anything I hope it is a sort of catharsis for them...if nothing else...and/or a way to push TH's buttons into feeling any sense of humanity for an innocent child & his parents...I mean just the lack of her humanity in all of this is what gets me about TH. She really makes me wanna :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298