Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, I don't think she'll ever give up any info - she's in some kind of la-la land where she believes she did no wrong IMO. I really hope Kaine & Desiree don't end up waiting their entire lives for news on Kyron but unfortunately, that's what I'm seeing in their future. I hope that the next interview will be given by the two of them together and that their differences will have been resolved. In the meantime, who is helping Kaine through this? Desiree has Tony. I hope Kaine has some good friends left in his inner circle to support him (the kind that don't sext your wife or plot MFH's on you).

Hulu has the video from GMA this morning:

[ame="http://www.hulu.com/watch/194403/abc-good-morning-america-missing-kyrons-dad-points-finger-at-stepmom"]Hulu - ABC Good Morning America: Missing Kyron's Dad Points Finger at Stepmom@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.hulu.com/embed/-BR9WFpwzk8UypfgldU7KQ@@AMEPARAM@@-BR9WFpwzk8UypfgldU7KQ[/ame]

Folks, we have to do what we can to help. Post flyers to our vehicles, send emails with the flyer to our friends, our churches, businesses, and ask merchants to post a flyer. It doesn't matter where we live, we don't know if Kyron is alive and where he may be. The holidays are upon us, I've got two flyers posted to my truck and am going back to the local merchants again w/new flyers. Anything each of us can do is worth it.

We share the same view points on "some" criminal defense attorney's ethics...I believe in Karma for all who are a party to a crime such as this, in commiting it, defending it in a court of law by loop holes & confusion to create doubt and everything else in their bag of tricks.

Once again Kaine is a fine example of a man with flaws that is willing to be transparent for the sake of his beloved son.

I pray that the holidays do bring Kaine & Desiree to a reconcilliation if not sooner. They must stand united for the sake of Kyron.

By being transparent and allowing any flaws to be revealed, Kaine shows that his first and foremost concern is in finding his son.

Conversely, when a parent shields themselves first, it sets off a definitive hinky meter, as has Jennifer Kesse's father, who is reported to have recently refused to complete a polygraph even though he continues to speak publicly about his daughter's disappearance. :waitasec:

I applaude Kaine's willingness to be open enough to clear any doubts so that the focus can be on finding Kyron.

ETA: I would certainly wish the same for Jennifer Kesse. Just do the deed, Dad!

MyOpinionOnly

He can afford to be transparent, he's not the one accused of this "event" as he calls it. He's not the one being tried and convicted in the court of public opinion. Pretty easy to sit and say you're willing to take the blame, much harder to actually DO it.
I find it odd that he brushes off this rift between himself and Desiree as just a minor inconvenience, no big deal, they'll work it out. Really?
If I were in Desiree's shoes, I would be spitting nails right now. He deliberately didn't tell her there was any problems between Terri and Kyron, or that Terri had a drinking problem. When she approached him about Kyron wanting to live with her, he said No Way, that's not an option. Maybe if he had considered Kyron's feelings and allowed him to live with his mother, instead of refusing to even consider it, Kyron wouldn't be missing today. JMO.

You know what, I can see the father thinking he can control the situation that at the time he didn't know the extent of! It sure is easy to sit back now after things come out and see a fuller picture then I think the father had at the time.

It is a natural thing for Desiree to have anger towards her X, she is only human and desperate for her baby to come home or for information.

How many marriages break up after a child dies? Many because after a while one blames the other and these two are already divorces. Like the father said TH was a master manipulator and at the time, I'm sure he just didn't have a clue to just how manipulative or if at all. I think Red Flags might have started to show up on his radar, but he thought he could deal with it. If he had any indication his son was in danger...do you really think he would allow that to happen?

Just my 2 cents!

IMO it was probably always unrealistic to expect that KH and DY would be the best of friends in complete support of each other in everything ever after. Sadly, but, well... They were already divorced for some reason and may have had a post-divorce history of various conflicts and trying to get along despite them for their child. Now the child is here no more and all they have left to bind them together is the desire to get justice for Kyron. Married couples split up quite frequently after the death of a child, sometimes just because it is difficult to cope with the loss and it leads to anger and guilt and a variety of negative emotion, and sometimes because one spouse is perceived to share more of the blame for the loss of their child, rightfully or not. I expect it happens even more so in cases when the couple have already split up and the other parent is responsible for having introduced the (alleged) perp into their lives.

Hope they both can heal.

IMO it was probably always unrealistic to expect that KH and DY would be the best of friends in complete support of each other in everything ever after. Sadly, but, well... They were already divorced for some reason and may have had a post-divorce history of various conflicts and trying to get along despite them for their child. Now the child is here no more and all they have left to bind them together is the desire to get justice for Kyron. Married couples split up quite frequently after the death of a child, sometimes just because it is difficult to cope with the loss and it leads to anger and guilt and a variety of negative emotion, and sometimes because one spouse is perceived to share more of the blame for the loss of their child, rightfully or not. I expect it happens even more so in cases when the couple have already split up and the other parent is responsible for having introduced the perp into their lives.

Hope they both can heal.
thank you, that was what I was trying to drive home on part of my post. lol

He can afford to be transparent, he's not the one accused of this "event" as he calls it. He's not the one being tried and convicted in the court of public opinion. Pretty easy to sit and say you're willing to take the blame, much harder to actually DO it.
I find it odd that he brushes off this rift between himself and Desiree as just a minor inconvenience, no big deal, they'll work it out. Really?
If I were in Desiree's shoes, I would be spitting nails right now. He deliberately didn't tell her there was any problems between Terri and Kyron, or that Terri had a drinking problem. When she approached him about Kyron wanting to live with her, he said No Way, that's not an option. Maybe if he had considered Kyron's feelings and allowed him to live with his mother, instead of refusing to even consider it, Kyron wouldn't be missing today. JMO.

It also kind of bothers me that Desiree's anger is so easily dismissed, but explains the previous brushing off of her telling how their marriage ended and a few other remarks. She was already angry. Desiree must feel that she has enough proof to say what she does, but the public probably shouldn't know about it all since it's between them. The holidays may make it worse intead of better though. I'd be horribly angry as well, but if Kaine is right about the master and professional deceit going on, then he didn't have any idea that Kyron would be hurt or disappeared. Kaine is also worried about his stepson and daughter. The fear inside that they will have to be with the person who he thinks hurt his son is probably unbearable and makes him very careful what he admits to publicly and what he says. It's just my opinion from all we've heard, but think that he must have been planning a divorce and to go on as a single dad to two instead of any custody change, and that may have been what led to this.

Poor Kaine, he looks really gaunt and worse for wear. I can't believe it's been 5 months now - where is our little guy.

Maybe this holiday our prayers will be answered. I will have a hard time choking down my turkey when I think of all our dear ones who have passed on due to violence (Zahra, Caylee, etc).

Bless you Kyron.

Mel

ETA: is it too mean to say I hope Terri chokes on her turkey too!

Kaine Horman speaks out about vicious legal battle
Posted on November 19, 2010 at 8:51 AM

KGW interview with Kaine - he wanted to clarify some of the points he made in his press conference on Monday.

Transcription

Reporter: Kaine Horman says he wishes his estranged wife, Terri, was still by his side, still helping in the search for Kyron Horman. He also says he knows wishing doesn't make it happen, and he believes she had something to do with Kyron's disappearance.

Reporter: Kaine wanted to speak today to clarify some points he made at a press conference earlier this week.

One thing that doesn't need any clearing up - his focus on finding his son.

Kaine: This is the most difficult thing I've ever been through in my life.

Kaine: This is all about him and his sister, and there should be no doubt about that.

Reporter: In the divorce proceedings, Kaine accuses Terri of drunkenness, and sending sexually explicit text messages to another man. Kaine says he understands why some consider that mudslinging. He sees it differently.

Kaine: The legal fight for Kyron is at our doorstep right now. Even the judge has stated that this is all about finding Kyron and bringing him home, and there should be nothing that prevents that or deters from that, and this is definitely not deterring from it in one bit.

Reporter: Kaine also says he's focused on protecting the couple's daughter. He says Terri has already caused more damage to the young girl then she'll ever be able to repair, and says visitation rights for Terri would only hurt the girl more.

Kaine: To then come back and file and say hey, we're doing stuff in the best interest of the child, I don't think she has any idea what it means to do something in the best interest of any child at this point.

Kaine: Don't worry for a second. We're out here looking for you. And we just, we just love you more than anything else.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kaine-Horman-speaks-out-about-vicious-legal-battle-109227234.html

Respectfully, I disagree. I have seen this man ripped to shreds forwards and back in the last few weeks on this forum alone, and I'm sure its not the only one. We can all sit and say 'what if Kaine had this...' and 'what if Kaine had that ...'. But until one actually goes through a court custody battle, one has no idea what all it entails and how complicated it really is. Its not simply a matter of getting a lawyer to file your request, going to court and leaving with your child.

Why is it so easy to blame and say 'If Kaine hadn't this ... ' and 'If Kaine hadn't that ...' when the reality is that it is Terri who is responsible for what has happened to him? Why is she continually getting a free pass? Afterall, if Terri hadn't done what she had done, we would know where Kyron was, wouldn't we? :( Though, we would have never even known who he was.

Maybe if Desiree had gone to the science fair he wouldn't be missing, maybe if Terri had gotten professional help he wouldn't be missing, maybe if Terri's friend who received the email containing hatred for Kyron had alerted Kaine to Terri's emotional state he wouldn't be missing, maybe if a teacher had happened by at the right moment.... or the guy mowing the lawn had accidentally blocked the parking lot exit... or Terri had gotten pulled over for speeding with Kyron in the car and had to call the plan off.... You're right, there were a lot of potential ways that fate could have intervened and did not, and I bet Desiree is consumed with guilt for not coming to Kyron's exhibit, and Kaine for not knowing his wife was potential psychotic, and the teachers for not seeing.

I actually liked what Kaine said about Desiree. They're all under pressure, very emotional, he understands, he's not angry at her for accusing him, he's willing to accept some amount of blame, he sees them as having issues but both wanting Kyron home and anticipates that they will speak to each other again soon.

Also - Desiree knew full well there were problems - she's said as much. Terri told Desiree that she thought Kyron should live with her. That would be a fairly important red flag in the stepmother-son relationship. The key was that Desiree didn't know how big that flag was. Just like Kaine. Neither realized.

Respectfully, I disagree. I have seen this man ripped to shreds forwards and back in the last few weeks on this forum alone, and I'm sure its not the only one. We can all sit and say 'what if Kaine had this...' and 'what if Kaine had that ...'. But until one actually goes through a court custody battle, one has no idea what all it entails and how complicated it really is. Its not simply a matter of getting a lawyer to file your request, going to court and leaving with your child.

Why is it so easy to blame and say 'If Kaine hadn't this ... ' and 'If Kaine hadn't that ...' when the reality is that it is Terri who is responsible for what has happened to him? Why is she continually getting a free pass? Afterall, if Terri hadn't done what she had done, we would know where Kyron was, wouldn't we? :( Though, we would have never even known who he was.

I don't think anyone is giving Terri a free pass-I hope not.

You know what, I can see the father thinking he can control the situation that at the time he didn't know the extent of! It sure is easy to sit back now after things come out and see a fuller picture then I think the father had at the time.

It is a natural thing for Desiree to have anger towards her X, she is only human and desperate for her baby to come home or for information.

How many marriages break up after a child dies? Many because after a while one blames the other and these two are already divorces. Like the father said TH was a master manipulator and at the time, I'm sure he just didn't have a clue to just how manipulative or if at all. I think Red Flags might have started to show up on his radar, but he thought he could deal with it. If he had any indication his son was in danger...do you really think he would allow that to happen?

Just my 2 cents!

If I might add this perspective. It goes beyond the safety of a child. How many times have women been in abused, battered relationships, and sought help? How many got that needed help? How many aren't here today because they weren't taken seriously, or LE didn't have the necessary tools to keep them safe from their abusive boyfriends/husbands? Or how many women live in denial, or think that 'he would never kill me, he only yells or pushes from time to time and then apologizes. Really, he's not a monster', 'He only slapped me because he was drunk, its the first time he was drunk and hit me and he promised to never do it again' ?? How many women think they have that situation under control, and end up missing at the hands of their husbands/boyfriends, like Susan Powell?

Why, oh why, is the victim blamed more than the perpetrator? :furious:

I have not seen anyone giving Terri any kind of a pass here, free or otherwise. Those posters here who have questions about the contradictions in what Kaine has said, or about actual evidence of guilt, or disbelieve that Kaine had no idea Terri was spiraling downward, seem to be accused of giving Terri a pass.

A whole of of wrong happened in order to get to the place where Kyron was living in a house with a woman who possibly wanted to, and did, harm him. That did not happen independently of anything else. It also did not happen overnight. All factors that lead up to this tragedy should be examined, even if only to maybe save a child in the future.

Kyron did his part, in telling his mom he wanted to move to Medford and if his school work was suffering as she indicated, that was another clue. That was all he could do.

It is not about blame-clearly only whoever did this is to blame.

When one reads comments such as 'I don't believe Terri sent those sext messages at all!' or 'There is no way Terri said those things in that email' or 'I have no proof that those sexts came from Terri's phone', etc, it is beyond disturbing. The sexts are from her phone, why would a lawyer risk putting this information in a court document if it wasn't real and verified to be so? Many allegations about Terri's behavior/actions since Kyron has disappeared at her hands, have been questioned and refuted. I'm simply trying to understand, why?

When one reads comments such as 'I don't believe Terri sent those sext messages at all!' or 'There is no way Terri said those things in that email' or 'I have no proof that those sexts came from Terri's phone', etc, it is beyond disturbing. The sexts are from her phone, why would a lawyer risk putting this information in a court document if it wasn't real and verified to be so? Many allegations about Terri's behavior/actions since Kyron has disappeared at her hands, have been questioned and refuted. I'm simply trying to understand, why?

I see what you mean. I've been off the fence for a long time, now, so I just ignore those posts. The ones that bother me are when posters say he is dead...that's what I am still on the fence about. I don't see why he couldn't be in Canada or Mexico or possibly in the U.S.

Kaine Horman speaks out about vicious legal battle
Posted on November 19, 2010 at 8:51 AM

KGW interview with Kaine - he wanted to clarify some of the points he made in his press conference on Monday.

Transcription

Reporter: Kaine Horman says he wishes his estranged wife, Terri, was still by his side, still helping in the search for Kyron Horman. He also says he knows wishing doesn't make it happen, and he believes she had something to do with Kyron's disappearance.
Reporter: Kaine wanted to speak today to clarify some points he made at a press conference earlier this week.

One thing that doesn't need any clearing up - his focus on finding his son.

Kaine: This is the most difficult thing I've ever been through in my life.

Kaine: This is all about him and his sister, and there should be no doubt about that.

Reporter: In the divorce proceedings, Kaine accuses Terri of drunkenness, and sending sexually explicit text messages to another man. Kaine says he understands why some consider that mudslinging. He sees it differently.

Kaine: The legal fight for Kyron is at our doorstep right now. Even the judge has stated that this is all about finding Kyron and bringing him home, and there should be nothing that prevents that or deters from that, and this is definitely not deterring from it in one bit.

Reporter: Kaine also says he's focused on protecting the couple's daughter. He says Terri has already caused more damage to the young girl then she'll ever be able to repair, and says visitation rights for Terri would only hurt the girl more.

Kaine: To then come back and file and say hey, we're doing stuff in the best interest of the child, I don't think she has any idea what it means to do something in the best interest of any child at this point.

Kaine: Don't worry for a second. We're out here looking for you. And we just, we just love you more than anything else.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kaine-Horman-speaks-out-about-vicious-legal-battle-109227234.html

BBM

I have a difficult time understanding Kaine, what does he mean by wishing that his estranged wife was by his side, but wishing doesn't make it so ? This man believes that his estranged wife tried to have him murdered, and believes she had his son disappear, and he still wishes that she was by his side, this alcholic , nasty woman, who hates him and his son ?

Then what does this mean about the legal fight for Kyron is at the doorstep now ?

Im really beginning to wonder just how far along KH and TH were in their discussions of divorce. What those discussions entailed and what threats were made to one another in the event they got divorced.

Honestly Kaine's own words are what keep me on the fence.

Desiree's emotions the other day were raw, and painful to watch. My heart really goes out to her and Kyron where ever he may be.

BBM

I have a difficult time understanding Kaine, what does he mean by wishing that his estranged wife was by his side, but wishing doesn't make it so ? This man believes that his estranged wife tried to have him murdered, and believes she had his son disappear, and he still wishes that she was by his side, this alcholic , nasty woman, who hates him and his son ?

Then what does this mean about the legal fight for Kyron is at the doorstep now ?

Im really beginning to wonder just how far along KH and TH were in their discussions of divorce. What those discussions entailed and what threats were made to one another in the event they got divorced.

Honestly Kaine's own words are what keep me on the fence.

Desiree's emotions the other day were raw, and painful to watch. My heart really goes out to her and Kyron where ever he may be.

That's interesting, because I immediately took kaine's words to mean that he wishes Terri had not been involved with Kyron's disappearance, and that if Kyron had to be missing, he wishes he had the support of an innocent wife by his side to get through this time together. Or something similar. It's a very understandable thing to wish, isn't it? That your wife wasn't implicated in your child's abduction?

The legal fight for Kyron is at our doorstep: since they are not finding out answers through the voluntary confession of those involved, or by stumbling over evidence during a search effort, the next step is to get information about Kyron's whereabouts through legal action. My impression was that Kaine was simply saying that the reason he was sharing information about Terri's behavior with the public at large was not to smear her name, but to force her through these legal filings to either break down and share Kyron's whereabouts, to have evidence of her behavior for a future trial, or, should he be found alive, to ensure his safety from Terri in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member