LA - Ahlittia North, 6, abducted & murdered, Harvey, 13 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My DD was a night owl, but she couldnt stay awake that late at age 6. She would stay up until 9 or 10 if we were all doing something fun at home,like having friends over. but midnight would be really pushing it. I wonder why this child was up that late? Did they have guests over that night?

She looks so pampered and well taken care of in that green sparkly outfit. Maybe she is in a dance recital or something? I don't get the feeling she was neglected or ignored. She looks so happy and full of life.

I would just like to say that I live very close to this area and it is not a good area at all ..in the last week there has been several killings right where she lives. the parish as of right now has a 62% murder rate with 40% of it being from the area this child disappeared from

I'm sorry, but what is a 62% murder rate? 62% of what?

The bad thing is the Industrial Canal which is a passage way for the barges to make it to the Mississippi river is only 1 block away :(

AHLITTA NORTH, Age Now: 6, Missing: 07/13/2013. Missing From HARVEY, LA. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office (Louisiana) 1-504-227-1400.

Case Type: Endangered Missing

Circumstances: Ahlitta was last seen at home on July 13, 2013. She was last seen wearing a grey tank top, and pink pajama pants. When Ahlitta was last seen her hair was in braids.

More...

Do we know where the step-father was when the mother and Ahlitta went to sleep? Forgive me if I missed it!

My DD was a night owl, but she couldnt stay awake that late at age 6. She would stay up until 9 or 10 if we were all doing something fun at home,like having friends over. but midnight would be really pushing it. I wonder why this child was up that late? Did they have guests over that night?
My five your old will stay up til 2 am if I were to let her. Every night it is a battle getting her to sleep. Many nights I go to check on her at midnight and she is just lying in bed wide awake. She doesn't take naps either. I'm not saying this is common with children, because none of my other daughters were like this, but it does happen.

Yep, lifelong insomniac here. As young as 5 or 6 I'd just stare at the walls or read a book with a flashlight. Middle and high school were nightmares. Ambien changed my life, or at least once I convinced a doctor that it wouldn't mess up my natural sleep cycles because I didn't have any.

There are some differences in the reporting in the articles posted. Specifically, some say her mother put her to bed at 11:00 pm, others say she was in her mother's company when her mother fell asleep at 11:00 pm, and still others say her mother last saw her sleeping at 11:00 pm. It makes a difference....I wish we knew which is correct.

My 5 year old is a definite night owl. I've fallen asleep with the both of us watching tv in my bed, only to wake up at 2 am to her still awake watching tv. If mom is a heavy sleeper, someone they knew could've came to the door and said she was supposed to spend the night at their house.

DOB: Mar 3, 2007
Missing: Jul 13, 2013
Height: 4'3" (130cm)
Eyes: Brown
Race: Black
Age Now: 6
Sex: Female
Weight: 70lbs (32kg)
Hair: Black
Missing From:
HARVEY
LA
United States

Ahlitta was last seen at home on July 13, 2013. She was last seen wearing a grey tank top, and pink pajama pants. When Ahlitta was last seen her hair was in braids.

NCMC1219378c1.jpg

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1219378&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Interesting that this article says she just moved back in with her parents last month after having been living with her grandmother. Why, I wonder?

If this is the case, then perhaps there is someone near to the family who thought the Ahitta was not being properly cared for and took matters into their own hands. This theory gives me hope that Ahitta is alive and well.

....something strikes me as hinky here.

I can see where the blanket might be missing with her, if she was sleeping with it. However, the toothbrush is very unusual. Also, I don't know of any 6-yr.old child would disappear voluntarily; I work with children not much younger and they would have no idea what to do or where to go. IMO, the toothbrush missing is either a cover-up or someone she knows took her and is taking care of her.

umm it means 62% out of 100..in other words the westbank side of N.O crime rate is BAD

62% of 100 what?

I'm not trying to be nitpicky here, it just doesn't make any sense without some additional words. Another poster suggested it could be "66% worse than 2012", but without that piece of info it sounds like 62% of the population gets murdered, which is obviously not right.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back