LA - Ahlittia North, 6, abducted & murdered, Harvey, 13 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
umm it means 62% out of 100..in other words the westbank side of N.O crime rate is BAD

62 out of every 100 residents of that town are murder victims??? That cannot be right.

62% of 100 what?

I'm not trying to be nitpicky here, it just doesn't make any sense without some additional words. Another poster suggested it could be "66% worse than 2012", but without that piece of info it murdered, which is obviously notsounds like 62% of the population gets right.

actually right now we are currently seeing 1 a day related to shootings. trying not to be nitpicky myself so I'll just say if you are confused, research Jefferson Parish oh and let me add that in the last week alone where this child is missing from 4 bodies have been found shot to death

actually right now we are currently seeing 1 a day related to shootings. trying not to be nitpicky myself so I'll just say if you are confused, research Jefferson Parish

I'm only confused about what the statistic you are quoting refers to. I'll assume the other poster's link (which stated, I believe, that there have been 20 murders so far this year) is what you meant: so far 2013's murder rate is 66% worse than 2012.

I'm wondering if the front door was found locked or unlocked? How about any windows open? Maybe she left to go to a friend's house when she couldn't sleep. If she and mom had been working on teeth or she just went to the dentist, etc., she may have thought it was wise to take her toothbrush with her.

Poor sweetie!

I'm wondering if the front door was found locked or unlocked? How about any windows open? Maybe she left to go to a friend's house when she couldn't sleep. If she and mom had been working on teeth or she just went to the dentist, etc., she may have thought it was wise to take her toothbrush with her.

Poor sweetie!

Door was reportedly OPEN. Left wide open.
Door was also reported unlocked, while family knows it was locked.
Not sure if it was wide open or simply unlocked.

I'm only confused about what the statistic you are quoting refers to. I'll assume the other poster's link (which stated, I believe, that there have been 20 murders so far this year) is what you meant: so far 2013's murder rate is 66% worse than 2012.

Or possibly 66 out of 100 deaths are murders? I have no idea, just thinking of ways to make it make sense.

I really wish there was more information and coverage on this one. :(

The toothbrush being taken is just so odd. I can't imagine anything cheaper and easier to replace if you are taking a child. I could see wanting them to take a doll or a teddy for their comfort. But toothbrushes are a dime a dozen. So imo, it was something Ahlitta wanted to take along.

I wonder if she missed her grandmother, and wanted to return there. Maybe someone promised her a ride ?

Jefferson Parish authorities will continue search for missing 6-year-old through the night
By John Harper, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
Follow on Twitter
on July 13, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Fortunato said the department is using all-terrain vehicles to search wooded areas around the girl's home in the 2900 block of Destrehan Avenue. Officers are going door to door, questioning residents, while aircraft scour the area from above.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=2900...F-8&ei=63HhUdmtFu_-4AON5oHwCw&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAg

Jefferson Parish authorities will continue search for missing 6-year-old through the night
By John Harper, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
Follow on Twitter
on July 13, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Fortunato said the department is using all-terrain vehicles to search wooded areas around the girl's home in the 2900 block of Destrehan Avenue. Officers are going door to door, questioning residents, while aircraft scour the area from above.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=2900...F-8&ei=63HhUdmtFu_-4AON5oHwCw&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAg

6nea.jpg

AHLITTA NORTH, 6

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of this child or about her disappearance is asked to contact the JPSO Missing Persons Bureau at 504.364.5300 or Crimestoppers at 504.822.1111 or toll-free at 877.903.7867.

Tips also can be texted to Crimestoppers at C-R-I-M-E-S (274637); text TELLCS and then the crime information. Callers or texters do not have to give their names or testify.

Attachments

• ahlitta north.jpg
    ahlitta north.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 58
Deputies continue search for missing 6-year-old girl
wwltv.com
Posted on July 13, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Updated yesterday at 10:40 PM

Other police agencies have been called in to help in the search, including members of the FBI.

So far, investigators have focused their search in the thick, wooded area just across from the girl's home, as well as Max Drive just behind the apartment complex.
Search underway for missing 6-year-old Harvey girl
BY DAN LAWTON
Special to The Advocate
July 14, 2013
Six-year-old Ahlitta North disappeared from her mother’s home in the 2900 block of Destrehan Avenue sometime between 11 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. Saturday, Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office Spokesman Col. John Fortunato reported.
Fortunato said there were no signs of forced entry and that the front door was ajar. Family members said a handful of Ahlitta’s possessions — a toothbrush, blanket and toothpaste — also were missing.
Here you can see the security door which the stepfather said was locked the night before Ahlitta went missing.
...said stepfather Albert Hill, who discovered the child missing and the front door unlocked. “The door was unlocked, and I know I locked the door, the burglary bars and the regular door.”
Read more: http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news...0964700/-/15ahdniz/-/index.html#ixzz2Z0tqlC00

j984.jpg

Deputies continue search for missing 6-year-old girl
wwltv.com
Posted on July 13, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Updated yesterday at 10:40 PM

Other police agencies have been called in to help in the search, including members of the FBI.

So far, investigators have focused their search in the thick, wooded area just across from the girl's home, as well as Max Drive just behind the apartment complex.
Search underway for missing 6-year-old Harvey girl
BY DAN LAWTON
Special to The Advocate
July 14, 2013
Six-year-old Ahlitta North disappeared from her mother’s home in the 2900 block of Destrehan Avenue sometime between 11 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. Saturday, Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office Spokesman Col. John Fortunato reported.
Fortunato said there were no signs of forced entry and that the front door was ajar. Family members said a handful of Ahlitta’s possessions — a toothbrush, blanket and toothpaste — also were missing.
Here you can see the security door which the stepfather said was locked the night before Ahlitta went missing.
...said stepfather Albert Hill, who discovered the child missing and the front door unlocked. “The door was unlocked, and I know I locked the door, the burglary bars and the regular door.”
Read more: http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news...0964700/-/15ahdniz/-/index.html#ixzz2Z0tqlC00

j984.jpg

I wonder if someone was at the door (attempted burglary / break in) and Ahlitta was awake and went to the door. Maybe Ahlitta was tricked into opening the door - or the door was locked but the keys were in the lock.

Where were the keys to the door I wonder?
Where was the step-father during the night?

I wonder if this was an attempted robbery which turned into a kidnap, and they coerced Ahlitta out of the house because she saw them. Maybe they were recognizable to Ahlitta.

Has some one checked grandmas house, buses, taxis, etc? With all those bars it sound like she opened the door from the inside and the items are so typical of her developmental age imhoo

I keep thinking of the times when I was little and upset about something and toyed with the idea of running away. I remember laying out a bandana and putting some favorite toys inside it, then tying the four corners together and trying to figure out how to attach the bundle to the end of a stick so I could carry it all over my shoulder like the stereotypical runaway would. Kids that age don't get too far though.. I wonder if she left voluntarily and was taken by someone who couldn't pass up the "opportunity" once they saw her alone outside at night?

"It concerns us greatly that we haven't even received one tip," JPSO Colonel John Fortunato told WWL-TV.

<snip>

"We have gone door to door to every one of this apartment complexes," said Fortunato. "We've checked garbage cans, we have gone to the next street over conducting canvasses of people in and around that area."

Other police agencies have been called in to help in the search, including members of the FBI."

http://www.wwl.com/pages/16807925.php

:(

If a 6 yr old were to take off by herself OR an adult said gather up your things because we are leaving, do you really think they would take their toothbrush and toothpaste? I'm thinking it's more likely she would grab a toy or stuffed animal , a game, a book, etc. not her toothbrush.. It doesn't make sense. A random kidnapper wouldn't take time to take those items. If they wanted it to seem like she left willingly, it seems they would take more personal items that she was attached to. Maybe that is not all that is missing and mom just hasn't realized it yet. Most kids that age have a zillion toys. Do you really think you could look in your kids room at any point in the day and say 'oh ok, red bear is missing the blue stuffed dog and her 2 barbies are gone'?

If a 6 yr old were to take off by herself OR an adult said gather up your things because we are leaving, do you really think they would take their toothbrush and toothpaste? I'm thinking it's more likely she would grab a toy or stuffed animal , a game, a book, etc. not her toothbrush.. It doesn't make sense. A random kidnapper wouldn't take time to take those items. If they wanted it to seem like she left willingly, it seems they would take more personal items that she was attached to. Maybe that is not all that is missing and mom just hasn't realized it yet. Most kids that age have a zillion toys. Do you really think you could look in your kids room at any point in the day and say 'oh ok, red bear is missing the blue stuffed dog and her 2 barbies are gone'?

BBM - honestly, at age six yes I do think I'd know immediately if the favorite toys were gone (maybe not EVERY toy, but then again my own daughter wouldn't take random "non important" toys on an overnight) - my daughter could take or leave a million things (including her toothbrush) but she'd go NOWHERE without Mellie the elephant. At that age I think it might be easier to tell if the child knew she'd be leaving for awhile because most seem to have that one special security blanket/toy/animal/dvd/whatever that they have a total meltdown over being without.

But the toothbrush and toothpaste? Well honestly I keep wondering if LE said something like "where are her toothbrush and toothpaste?" and someone had to come up wiht a quick reason why none were present. Could just be embarassment over having abysmal dental habits I suppose, though I find that totally doubtful.

Could she still have those packed in an overnight bag from a recent sleepover and just not have them in the bathroom? My daughter often doesn't unpack until the next day, so sometimes her toothbrush might seem to be missing for 24 hours if she went to a friend's house and then didn't brush before bed... the next morning I might think they're gone but they'd really be in her overnight bag....

grasping at straws, I know, but this makes so little sense!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back