LA - Ahlittia North, 6, abducted & murdered, Harvey, 13 July 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
None of my daughters would have made it past the front porch. No way they would take off in the dark! Little girls get scared!
Also, how is it that someone had time to gather the child's belongings and make it in and out of the house with no fear of being caught? No noise to wake Mom, nothing? I'm not buying it.

MOO

It depends on how safe the home is surely.

Your daughters might have been scared little girls but a child in a different home may be running from danger, not running into it. They may perceive their front door as an escape route. :(

The toothbrush/paste really gets me. I don't know of one single child who would willingly brush their teeth age 6 nor think to take one when running away. Usually soft toys and something to eat goes in their runaway kits, not toothbrushes.

Maybe she didn't have a toothbrush, that's why it's "missing". LE would have asked for it immediately for DNA purposes and perhaps there wasn't one to get.

:twocents:

This case makes me sick. I live just across the state line in South Mississippi and in my opinion, people where we live just don't grasp how common of an occurrence it is these days for a child to go missing. Like a previous poster said, maybe I'm the exception but I never would've thought there are this many missing children cases, until I joined WS. Between this little princess and the baby that was shot over the weekend it makes me want to lock my kids in a padded room and never let them out into this cruel world.

I can't believe there aren't any tips, surely someone had to see something or knows something. I just pray that this beautiful child comes home healthy & quickly.

Is this an area where residents typically don't talk to LE as a matter of principle?

Is this am area where residents typically don't talk to LE as a matter of principle?
Normally, I'm afraid so. When it comes to a missing child, however, I think the residents would be more cooperative since many have children of their own. MOO

I live across the river in Jefferson Parish and we had an incident a few weeks ago with another little girl. A six-year-old, also black, was snatched out of her community pool in front of others. She was later found the same day at another location, but not before being sexually assaulted. They arrested a suspect after video surveillance caught him and his possible vehicle.

After that incident, hearing about Ahlitta gives me a really bad feeling. I'm originally from that side of the river and know it has gotten bad the past several years.

That article also states that Ahlitta is afraid of the dark... that probably changes a few possible scenarios!

Sounds Lisa and Ayla-ish, in a way. But I don't have a feel for, or against the adults in this case as yet.

My five your old will stay up til 2 am if I were to let her. Every night it is a battle getting her to sleep. Many nights I go to check on her at midnight and she is just lying in bed wide awake. She doesn't take naps either. I'm not saying this is common with children, because none of my other daughters were like this, but it does happen.

My youngest is now in his 20's but he would sit up till 2 a.m. as well, when he was 3 or 4 years old. He was never much of a sleeper even as a baby. His 'naps' consisted of about 20 minutes at the most. Once he started to school, we had to make him go to bed at night, and it was a battle sometimes.
No, it's not common, and I envied the parents whose kids were fast asleep by 8 p.m. when they were little. The only time mine ever went to bed that early was if they were sick.

Paramedics, cop cars just rushed to Ahlittia's apartment complex
https://twitter.com/MHernandezWWL/status/356897378239930368
well, I was going to post this in the scanner thread, and too many tabs open got me.
Let's hope this is not related.

Now, the WWL reporter says its a few blocks away from Ahlittia's apt complex.
Latest update: unrelated, someone with a leg injury.
Sorry, I'll make sure I'm in the right thread next time.

From Times Picayune interview of Mother:

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/07/search_continues_for_missing_6.html#incart_m-rpt-2

What really bothers me is that along with a 6 year old little girl a queen size comforter is missing. IMO she had to be wrapped in it or someone else carried it out of the home.

I don't see in this article where it says the comforter was queen-sized. It said 'her' comforter. Surely a 6 yr. old girl wouldn't need a queen size bed.
It's not easy for me to carry a queen size comforter if it's all wadded up... only if I have folded into a big square, and still it's pretty bulky, even for me. If a small child snatched it off the bed, it would not be folded, but even so, I don't see how one that size could carry it very far.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28
Back