LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be shocked if they find the body at his house when the bike was thrown in whiskey bay.

I agree 100%. Although whats done is done in this case, hopefully next time it may save a life or spare a victim if LE has learned a lesson from all this. The lesson being communication is key (particularly interagency communication).

:seeya:A.C.I., If they did recover the GPS from the burned vehicle, wouldn't they be able to trace every move the truck made from the time he hit Mickey till it was burned?

I’m happy to see they arrested someone. Unfortunately, it doesn’t matter where you are, it is NOT safe to be out alone at night. We all need to remind ourselves and our loved ones of this.

i showed my children his mugshot and his truck to let them know trhst just because someone doesn't look scary doesn't mean they aren't. i reminded them how evil disguises itself very well. and then went on to explain no walking or biking at night etc

I'm not going to rule out that his work may have taken him to the Gulf lined towns of Texas, on the coast. So maybe that put him in the general area. But being an offshoresman, it's really unlikely that his work would take him to North East Houston, to the Sam Houston National Forest area.

What really freaks me out about this is that this guy obviously has knowledge of some pretty desolate areas/areas easy to dispose of things. First the Whiskey Bay Bridge/the Atchafalaya Swamp. Now the woodsy and sparsley populated Sam Houston National Forest area.

I really doubt Mickey was the only one. However, that being said, she may be...his truck didn't get burned and abandoned until now, afterall.

Maybe he had to go this (Wood Group's) facility for parts or something. It's only about 70 miles from the center of SJ county.

http://www.bloglines.com/company/13...Industrial.Turbines.Incorporated.713-849-8800

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...hjFEAzUnk4ElDg&oq=6225+e+sam+&t=h&mra=ls&z=10

Reported stolen in Montgomery county. Found burnt in San Jacinto.
Map from Wood Group to Montgomery County to San Jacinto
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...TpU-inN7tsFImxHhjFEAzUnk4ElDg&t=h&mra=ls&z=11

He seems to have a proclivity for Arson. I betcha if one looked up where he grew up, between the age of 10 to 15 you'll find arson cases. My guess is his first rape will probably be a neighborhood girl at around 12 to 15 years old too.

He was without a doubt evolving through the years. Just have to dig little deeper and maybe in the next week or some people that knew him will come out of the woodwork and speak more.

OH dang!!!!!!!!!! Sounds to me that the rumor of him burning down a house when he was younger could be true. He clearly graduated from rape to killing to hush his victim. Also how bold to enter the house. Even if he did know this girl, it shows his desires were strong. Now this was in 1999.

He must be an arsonist also!
Didnt his place burn down recently?
What other crimes was he covering up?

Now what would NOT surprise me, is if they find someone elses body under that house.

Foxfire, A.C.I, and tech savvy sleuthers,
What can be done about the issue of linkage blindness?
A database that state let's share?
Computer program?
Non profit that educates le agencies?
Ant ideas?

A shared database would be far too massive and cumbersome. The best way is to simply educate them of the importance....but they already know that. They just don't practice it. And that I think comes from the amount of work LE does. With everything they go through on a daily basis, and the volume of crimes they investigate as well as the paperwork required Im sure the last thing on their minds is communicating with other LE about potential connections. But it's of the utmost importance as we've seen. Otherwise they wouldve been on to this guy several weeks earlier. And if not for a tip from a citizen may have never been onto him at all. Hopefully they learned something from this

He learned not to leave his victim alive, from the 2000 assault.

I'm thinking if the rumor of him burning down his family's house is true...he did this to put the fear in someone who lived close by. Like he stated in his 1999 arrest he threated the victim of setting fire to their home. It worked before so he used it again. Perhaps his family's home was set on fire to show a neighborhood victim, of "See keep quite or your house is next"?

Obviously this guy has a thing for arson. I bet he set that hardware store on fire. Would he have been offshore when that happened?

Oh my the newest mugshot looks even different than the first and second ones!

A shared database would be far too massive and cumbersome. The best way is to simply educate them of the importance....but they already know that. They just don't practice it. And that I think comes from the amount of work LE does. With everything they go through on a daily basis, and the volume of crimes they investigate as well as the paperwork required Im sure the last thing on their minds is communicating with other LE about potential connections. But it's of the utmost importance as we've seen. Otherwise they wouldve been on to this guy several weeks earlier. And if not for a tip from a citizen may have never been onto him at all. Hopefully they learned something from this

Well it seems that this nation can do it for tickets across the USA. It's a shame they can't do it for something as important as this. Get a ticket in Ohio or New Mexico and good ole NC sends you a letter right away!

You know what, he isn't bad looking, it isn't like he couldn't find a nice girl. This clearly shows he all about power and control.

i think there are more victims due to the parents home being burned down as well as his own trailer

Wait, his trailer burned down, too?

The police report says the threatened his 1999 victim by saying if she told he'd burn down her house with her family in it.

KLFY is reporting this on their FB page:
On May 31st of 2012-- just weeks after Mickey disappeared-- he filed a motion to be removed from the sex offender registry. He had a hearing scheduled on August 9th to try and remove his name from the registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx