LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time poster but I've been following this case since the start from very far away!
KLFY Reporting on FB: On May 31st of 2012-- just weeks after Mickey disappeared-- he filed a motion to be removed from the sex offender registry. He had a hearing scheduled on August 9th to try and remove his name from the registry.
Shady!

My first thought after the press conference, and I so hate to even say this, is that he killed her and then burned her within the truck. It sounds like the truck was completely destroyed; I hope the police are checking the ruins for any remnant DNA. So, so sad for this girl and her family.

Its because NOT everything is trackable.

But I bet his onstar system in his chevy was. ;)

kay, not EVERYTHING -- but much more than the average bear thinks. And now---the case is solved---can I please find out what the heck was on that placard that was on that silver box overthe right wheel hub? It has kept me awake at night trying to figure it out. Could someone who knows Mr. Lavergne please report to me what the words were on that silver work box? It is probably not important to anyone else, but I worked hard to try to figure that one out. And does thismean that the truck inthe photo was a 2011model? Can someone clarify that for me? The truck was a 2011 white Chevy? Thanks.

goodness gracious! that poor girl must have been living in fear all these years that he's been out! he threatened to burn the house down with her and her family inside. like Foxfire said, these killers do have obsessions with burning stuff down.

poor girl!!! you see, just that makes my blood boil. he threatened the lives of her and her entire family, yet he's been walking the streets. this innocent girl should not have had to live in fear like that!

Wait, his trailer burned down, too?

The police report says the threatened his 1999 victim by saying if she told he'd burn down her house with her family in it.

the neighbor lady on the news said it did a couple of years ago

KLFY is reporting this on their FB page:
On May 31st of 2012-- just weeks after Mickey disappeared-- he filed a motion to be removed from the sex offender registry. He had a hearing scheduled on August 9th to try and remove his name from the registry.

:what: Nice try pal.

:what: Oh wow I must have missed something. When did this happen and where?

it's not news material yet about the parent's home burning down in the early 90's, but a few locals said their home burned down and that everyone in town speculated that he did it because he was always in trouble as a youth.

his trailer going down is what the neighbor lady said. she said recently

I would like to know the Dates his house and trailer burned, then look at any unsolved missing cases in the area. Would also like to know his background with vehicles...have any others been reported stolen? Suffered fire damage?

If only this was CSI! I could just ask my computer.

it's not news material yet about the parent's home burning down in the early 90's, but a few locals said their home burned down and that everyone in town speculated that he did it because he was always in trouble as a youth.

his trailer going down is what the neighbor lady said. she said recently

Okay, the neighbor did say that his home burned down and he used her phone to call the fire department. On zillow, there is still a listing for a home (since sold) at the same address as BSL which wasn't a mobile home - a modular home maybe. I guess I assumed he lived in that modular home, it burned down, then he got the mobile home. That's what I get for assuming!

scum.jpg

(in no particular order) The second pic of him just looks so different than the rest. Goes to show how much a person's appearance can change by loosing or gaining a little weight. His nose looks different in the 3rd pic like maybe it had been broken or something?

I'm not finished reading all of the pages so I don't know if this has been said but if he got in from offshore on Wednesday or Thursday of this week from his 2 week rotation, he would have been offshore on 5/31 but he would have been in on 5/21. So it's unlikely that he set fire to his truck on 5/31 because he would have been offshore.

Fact is he already kidnapped before, if you figure the bound up, gagged and sexual abuse he was charged of before. I would really like to know the facts of that case, im curious did the victim get away on her own, a passer by helped her or did he just let her go. I have searched for facts about that case but have came up with 0

Do you know that as a fact? Maybe he was at someones home, or they were at his? Since we don't know what the situation was, all anyone can do is speculate.

the advertiser has the arrest report on their sight from 1999, but i'm not a subscriber, so i can't view it. would the arrest report have details of the crime? it says, warning content is graphic in nature, but then i get prodded to subscribe:maddening:

FYI~~

if you delete your "cookies" from your browsing history, the free subscription starts over again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne