LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KLFY is reporting this on their FB page:
On May 31st of 2012-- just weeks after Mickey disappeared-- he filed a motion to be removed from the sex offender registry. He had a hearing scheduled on August 9th to try and remove his name from the registry.

in finding the link for your information (guys please link up.. gentle reminder) I saw that they are now removing the skirting from his trailer (picture at link)

New movement at Brandon Lavergne's home in Swords. Investigators are removing the skirting around the home. They have been searching the property all day.

https://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...35883.175435545829287&type=1&relevant_count=1

(picture.. and notice large charcoal grill)

On May 31st of 2012-- just weeks after Mickey disappeared-- he filed a motion to be removed from the sex offender registry. He had a hearing scheduled on August 9th to try and remove his name from the registry.
https://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10

and his latest picture (don't let the skinny one fool anyone..)
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...35883.175435545829287&type=1&relevant_count=1

Even if they knew nothing about the case, they still shouldve contacted someone in LA when a violent sex offender from another state reports his vehicle missing. Doubly so when they then find it burnt

Maybe they didn't know he was a violent RSO? Is this information shared state to state in networked systems?

maybe he took the license plate off so they San Jacinto didn't know who the truck belonged to? i hope that's the case, otherwise, c'mon San Jacinto:notgood:

Isn't there a serial number on the inside of every vehicle that can be traced to the owner?

The link is telling me his 1999 arrest has been deleted

It was deleted because name of victim and her address was visible - but in a nutshell, the victim was tied and bound in her home and forced to perform OS

If he reported the car stolen first, then hit Mickey, then burnt the truck, then went to buy a new one this is so premeditated.

I am not saying he is smart, that white-out move was pretty stupid, but what whacko's we have out there lately thinking through carp like this.

in his own words (slightly paraphrased) he said he could not afford an attorney not in a case like this

i found that comical. "not in a case like this, sir"

i know this is serious, but i had to laugh when i read that. i guess the Judge didn't find it funny, cuz he said, "excuse me" and BSL quickly responded with a plain old "no sir"

Finally! I am cleared to post! Yay! I have been wanting to say some things all day. This is my first post.

Since I found out about the case, I have been all over the place with worry. Here's the thing about the Whiskey Bay underpass where the bike was found. It is right at the end of the "old highway", which does in fact connect to HWY 190, which leads directly to where BL lives.

I personally took I-10 to the Whiskey Bay exit, got off and drove down the 17 mile gravel road to 190. I was not aware that it was connected right there previous to that. The day I visited there were gators sunning right where her bike was found, so it is possible that it is a dump site. (Horrible! I know.)

The second thing I am thinking. As I drove down that area, I truly felt like that was the area he took her to. It wouldn't make sense if you abducted someone to drive all the way down I-49 back towards your house. There are too many police, too much traffic, and too many chances to get caught. It's just too risky in my opinion.

I-10 between Lafayette and Whiskey Bay is fairly dark at night. You can barely even see that you are on the bridge, especially when you get past Breaux Bridge. The area down below Whiskey Bay is SUPER DARK, covered in garbage everywhere, lots of areas where someone could be taken and harmed.

If he did in fact take her bike there and throw it in the water, and perhaps did "harm" her, he had 17 miles of dark isolated road between there and I90 to go back towards his house. There is a levy road covered in tall grass and overgrowth that entire way, as well as the dark gravel road, with numerous turn offs. There are three bodies of water on either side of the road. You have the Atchafalaya River there to the left, and you also have the Big Alabama and Little Alabama water areas. All have gators. All the areas are swampy and overgrown.

However, the most sense is that he took that exit and went that way because it was the easiest, densest, least populated way for him to do his crime, not be seen, and no one would be any "wiser" in regards to traffic going through there. I really think they should also see if Krotz Springs or Port Barre have any traffic cams of the area for that evening to check the footage to see if he did in fact drive home that direction.

Even working offshore for his company, there are too many alternate routes to go offshore. These offshore guys aren't driving down to the coast to get on boats. They are driving to the heliports to be flown out. My hubby goes offshore from time to time, and depending on where he is at the time he gets sent, he takes lots of routes. He's even went I-49 down to Houma a time or two. So my opinion isn't that he was going on I-10 to get offshore. I think he deliberately went that direction to Whiskey Bay because of the isolation and the ability to get on the darkest most inconspicuous highway home after down the back road.

Prayers for the family. Really saddens my heart.
These are all just my thoughts on the situation.

scum.jpg

(in no particular order) The second pic of him just looks so different than the rest. Goes to show how much a person's appearance can change by loosing or gaining a little weight. His nose looks different in the 3rd pic like maybe it had been broken or something?

the 2nd photo has gotta be when he was 12 years younger...i don't buy that's from yesterday...

Isn't there a serial number on the inside of every vehicle that can be traced to the owner?

that's true. i guess VIN numbers don't burn? i just read up on them and there are multiple places in and on a vehicle that VIN numbers exist. i only thought it was dash window and driver door inside

KLFY is reporting this on their FB page:

May 31, 2012 is becoming a popular date in this man's life.
IMO

He seems to have a proclivity for Arson. I betcha if one looked up where he grew up, between the age of 10 to 15 you'll find arson cases. My guess is his first rape will probably be a neighborhood girl at around 12 to 15 years old too.

He was without a doubt evolving through the years. Just have to dig little deeper and maybe in the next week or some people that knew him will come out of the woodwork and speak more.

I can come up with three fire cases linked to him, as well as he threatened the assault victim that he would burn down her family's house (where he broke in and committed the crime). He sure came up with an elaborate "his side of the story" when he talked to LE in 1999. I find it hard to believe he lay dormant until Mickey's disappearance. Wonder if this is the proverbial tip of the iceberg?

Second picture looks like a very, very close friend of mine and scares the hibby jibbies out of me.

I dunno how our monthly get-togethers are going to go down now....

so which one is him NOW? the orange jumpsuit, right? the 2nd one I've been thinking must be from military many years ago because he looks so much younger and is thin

that scar on his neck looks like a recently healed/healing knife or blade wound in my nursing opinon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx