LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1341639860.jpg

I can barely see any detail in the previous posted pics. What I thought was the driver in this pic is the white...looked like a white shirt. Now that I have seen the super sized still on my tvI can see the driver clearly and everything just looks so differently. I tried to take pics so everyone could see what I did but not sure it was successful. You still end up loking at a small pic.

I think you get the best quality image if the image is true to size. Enlarging just makes it more fuzzy for me. Wish I had all the pics in such a huge format!

I don't think he will be tried in Lafayette Parish. Think the public defenders will request a different venue. But honestly, Mickey is all over the social media and is global. So not like they'll find a jury who hasn't heard of this case!

My best guess is that it would be moved to BR since its a high profile capital murder trial. I was talking to some friends at the DAs office today and they said something that made me sick: everyone better hope Lewis Unglesby doesn't pick up this case pro bono. He's been known to do this in high profile cases.

No living alone or no living with his girlfriend?

From what I read they did not live together, but were engaged. She has young kids, so she probably has her own place, and spends time with him when her kids are with their dad, jmo.

It seems like the June 14th tip was the A-ha moment for LPD since the victims family had been reporting him since the truck pics were released. Do you think that they could have dismissed the family's initial tips because it would have appeared to be a disgruntled family wanting to protect their daughter and shrugged it off as just being a coincidence?

And in response to the discussion about RSO's behavior. I think everyone is right on. I also assume, since I am definitely not one, that RSO's act out a lot like addicts do. Like, we all, or at least 75% of us are addicted to something - smoking, drinking, eating, stealing, gossiping, etc. And just like it's hard to gain control for those addictions, it's the same for them. He obviously cared about his life and didn't want to get caught, but the addiction won. There's no excuse for it. I think it takes a weak and narcisstic person to do something like that. But, in trying to wrap my brain about it, that's what I came up with. Prayers, hugs and much love for the Shunicks! Hoping they'll see brighter days soon.

and....WebSleuthing!

Great post Frenchbeaux.

Easy. Right click the image. Select "copy image location". Then on here, click "Post Reply". Click the framed picture icon in the post editor. Paste the url into the pop up box. Enter, and the image should show up in your post before you submit.

If the image is wider than 800 px then post as an attachment. In the edit box, click the paper clip to "manage attachments". In pop up box, paste url where you see "upload from url".

If the images are from HLN, add the link just as we do with quoted text from news articles.

I think it is my Ipad that makes things so difficult!

Think one place to start might be here. They don't even consider that she has maybe gone away for a few days etc. Not even we don't know or we are not certain at this time. Instead we got this on May 22:

"Right now, we're still treating it as a missing person," said Cpl. Paul Mouton, spokesman for the Lafayette Police Department. "But obviously we're not ruling out any foul play. Our main concern is being able to follow up those leads that we're seeing in getting any evidence on when and where she went missing."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation...-shunick-missing-louisiana-student/55132622/1

BL sure drove a long way to ditch his truck and light it on fire. I am worried Mickey's body could be even farther then the truck was found.

I saw a post that mentioned his on shore off shore time lines and wondered if anyone had made a time line of important known events of BL that might help sort out when he could have hidden Mickey and when he could not of and where she might be?

I know all the information is posted on this thread and the last thread. Such as when he went to texas, When his truck was burned , when he reported it stolen. When it was found ,when he visited the car dealer ship and the woman obtained the copy of his DL. when he got the new truck , When he was reported by the GF's parent about his having a white truck.

I have not got to read every post today but I tried so I could have missed it.

Ok well I don't feel comfortable sleuthing about the truck or the case anymore. JMO but it should be left to LE the professionals. I don't in anyway want to jeopardize the case, and I know that things that have been said on the Internet in the past have, so I'm just going to keep out of that talk:)

I can't imagine this guy getting rid of the bike, yet keeping Mickey in the truck as he leaves town for TX-and wasn't that some days later at the very least, when he went off to burn his truck? IMO, Mickey was long gone by then, wherever he left her. I think he left her and the bike at the same place, or at least on the same night.

I can't imagine this guy getting rid of the bike, yet keeping Mickey in the truck as he leaves town for TX-and wasn't that some days later at the very least, when he went off to burn his truck? IMO, Mickey was long gone by then, wherever he left her. I think he left her and the bike at the same place, or at least on the same night.

Very possible. The points of three come to mind here though.

Another thing that has always baffled me has been the night dive, where the chief of police came, and they found "wood".

I am having a difficult time believing this story.

It's not funny but it is funny.... 2 years ago with the Lincoln park rapist that they made a YouTube video of with Antoine Dodson. "you ain't gotta come confess, we lookin for you, we gonna find you, so you can run and tell that homeboy". That's what that picture above made me think of and gave me a good laugh cause we got you HOMEBOY!

Very possible. The points of three come to mind here though.

Another thing that has always baffled me has been the night dive, where the chief of police came, and they found "wood".

I am having a difficult time believing this story.

I thought it was odd at first, but by now, I am certain it was not Mickey they found, if that is what you mean. But perhaps something to make them know she was or had been there?

Please do not put much thought into the following pics. I am just curious what these images are and if there is any significance.

The first image is just as a point of reference.

The second image is of the front windshield. You can kind of see the driver here but I am looking at the object on the dashboard. It looks like an oblong bag or case of some sort.

The third image is of something on the front passenger door. At first I thought it was a shadow or a splash but up close it does not appear to be. Cound it be part of a logo?

These pics are not the greatest but I did not want to alter them.

Never thought of putting it on a big screen T.V. I would truly love to see what it shows on an 85 inch.

I thought it was odd at first, but by now, I am certain it was not Mickey they found, if that is what you mean. But perhaps something to make them know she was or had been there?

I don't believe that is what they found.

The one thing that the reporters did not ask is what other items she had with her had been found. There were as well a few other questions that in hindsight I realized are often asked yet were not.

ETA One local posted that the only search in the area she went missing that had crime scene tape, LE, and dogs was around the grassy area by I believe she stated the dome and frat house. That was the only area seen searched like that. It does make me wonder.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzRZWpeofic&sns=em"]AutoTune BED INTRUDER SONG With Download Link Lyrics and Looped - YouTube[/ame]

I think it is my Ipad that makes things so difficult!

Aw phooey! Afraid I'm not much help there. We have lots of Ipad users here. Someone should be able to help you. I'll ask around tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx