LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Montgomery, TX to San Jacinto, TX - Google Maps

one hour (aprox) distance between reported stolen location and burn location

So why was he in the area? I wonder if he has ties to that area. Obviously if he was trying to act like his truck was stolen from Lafayette then he wouldn't have gone all the way to Texas to report it stolen, so he must have had some reason to be in Texas (if it's correct that he reported the truck stolen before it was found burned).

Wonder if his truck had GPS installed in it, and it survived the burning? That might be how they are able to place him at Whiskey Bay at the time Mickey's bike was dumped. If so, they could also have a good route as to where Mickey might be...

Just hopeful thinking.

Also, I think of what Tim Miller said...the current at Whiskey Bay is so strong that a body put into the river there may never be found. I hope that isn't true but Tim is an expert in these things.

So why was he in the area? I wonder if he has ties to that area. Obviously if he was trying to act like his truck was stolen from Lafayette then he wouldn't have gone all the way to Texas to report it stolen, so he must have had some reason to be in Texas (if it's correct that he reported the truck stolen before it was found burned).

his employer wood group could have traing facility there, he could of been working out of one of there yards tp provide relief( oil in TX right now is booming)

LE stated at the presser they felt he was out trolling. I do not believe there was any accident. The hit was to disable her long enough to get her under his control. He may have even put her in the truck. Loaded her bike all the while poor Mickey thinks he is helping her. His intentions were nothing short of assault and murder :moo:

Wonder if his truck had GPS installed in it, and it survived the burning? That might be how they are able to place him at Whiskey Bay at the time Mickey's bike was dumped. If so, they could also have a good route as to where Mickey might be...

Just hopeful thinking.

I was also thinking cell phone pings...

Also, I think of what Tim Miller said...the current at Whiskey Bay is so strong that a body put into the river there may never be found. I hope that isn't true but Tim is an expert in these things.

Not only that but its filled with gators.

As a local to this area, that was about the most STUPID thing he could do. Last year, we had wildfires that were similar to those in Colorado. Everyone is very hypersensitive to smoke as a result, and everyone and his mother, brother and child learned that black smoke is bad and white smoke is good. Truck fire would have emitted billowing black smoke, and EVERYONE would take notice to that calling the Fire Dept. immediately.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8118120&postcount=686"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32[/ame]

See the above post for info re: the whiting out of the license noticed at the car dealership.

I think that you are on to something -- he has to have some connection to this TX area. Maybe a friend lives there, maybe a relative, something made him choose San Jacito County as a good dumping ground for evidence.

Didn't he report the truck stolen in Montgomery County, TX...maybe the connection is there?

I hope that maybe TexasEquusearch will come and search the park/forest/area around where his burned out truck was found in Texas. And maybe any areas around Swords where BSL fished or hunted.

He may have hit her while on the bike, picked her up and did not attempt to get medical care for whatever reason. This would have contributed to her alleged death.

i doubt this is the case since he was on the prowl. wasn't an accident at all since they know this fact

That seems possible if he hit her hard enough to leave a dent and she wasn't wearing a helmet. Wouldn't there be some blood evidence if that happened?

Not if it was a closed brain injury.

i'm sorry but putting white out over your RSO status on your drivers license screams your a freakin idiot. that makes it even more obvious and makes your eye go to the blemish on the ID. what a dummy

Lots of these guys are dumb in some areas. Unfortunately, they're geniuses when it comes to their criminal behaviors. "Practice makes perfect".

if you keep following US-190 going East, it goes all the way to State Route 975 (just past the river). SR-975 goes to whiskey bay.

looks like the route was I-10E to Whiskey Bay to SR-975 N to US-190 W (i don't know how to make the fancy maps, sorry)

I hope it does. The damn thing was set on fire. There isn't even a truck left to debate.

the truck conversation has only just begun... as it has been linked to him and a new one purchased as well as ongoing arson investigation.

Just hopeful thinking.

I 100% believe this is key. I think it had GPS and I think that is #1 how they found the 'stolen' truck and also how they put his truck @ WB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horrorgirl87