LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 99% positive that the truck fire was found very, very quickly. The fires here were devastating and extremely scary, and still very much fresh on everyone's minds.

Was it 5/21 or 6/21 when the truck was found? I seem to remember them saying 5/21 which would be before the pics of the truck were even released to the public so that rules out what others have posted about he panicked after seeing they released his truck photos. But I may remember it wrong and it was 6/21???

EDIT: just posted it was 5/31

Mickey could be anywhere.

Hopefully, if the GPS from his truck did give indications of his whereabouts that night (do we have MSM confirmation of this?), it will also give LE an idea of where to search.

How in the heck are LE ever going to find Mickey, unless that guy talks?

I don't think he's going to talk, and I don't know if Mickey's Family will ever have answers. :(

I hope the Shunicks call Tim Miller and ask him to come out to the area around where the truck was found in Texas to search.

http://www.katc.com/news/new-timeline-of-events-from-mickey-s-disappearance/

May 31, 2012: Lafayette Police say Lavergne's truck was found burned in San Jacinto County, TX.

June 14, 2012: Lafayette Police get the tip the white truck of interest was found burned in Texas. Lafayette Police say it's Lavergne's truck.

Huh? Weren't we talking about the burned truck that very next day? Or was that a different burned truck? Are there 2 DWBT's (Darn white Burned Trucks?)
I am confused.

I don't know if it is true or not but I read elsewhere the woman was from Ville Platte,LA.

My understanding is that he reported his truck stolen and bought a new one and somewhere in there his other was found burnt.

As a service company Wood Group service hands work all over the gulf.

guys.. I need to rewatch the presser.. but did the LEO say that he burned the truck, reported it stolen and bought a new one?

I think the one on the news may be the "new" one.

I want to know where exactly he worked and if it regularly took him to this area if you will.

I hope some good investigative reporters come out of the woodwork and dig into his military background as well as that arrest. If he was arrested while stationed at fort Polk but served civy time with a ten year sentence that means most likely the offense took place off post and involved civillian LE... if it were military with a ten year sentence he would have been put in leavenworth and went thru JAG/UCMJ

(yes, I am the proud wife of an active duty army officer)

Hopefully, if the GPS from his truck did give indications of his whereabouts that night (do we have MSM confirmation of this?), it will also give LE an idea of where to search.

I don't think he's going to talk, and I don't know if Mickey's Family will ever have answers. :(

I don't think he will talk either because when and if MS is found, there will be other's too.

i'm sorry but putting white out over your RSO status on your drivers license screams your a freakin idiot. that makes it even more obvious and makes your eye go to the blemish on the ID. what a dummy

Lolz! I agree.

------------

He has a girlfriend, right? LE could question them against one another.

I'm getting flash backs to the time my son was killed in a single vehicle accident and all the lies that were told to me by LE and coroner, that I was able to verify as lies!

I hope you are doing okay Isabelle. Maybe you should take some time out away from this situation for now?

Louisiana is a death penalty state, so there is the possibility of offering to take the death penalty off the table in exchange for him telling where her body is.

I can't imagine he would drive to Tx with a body in the truck? That would be taking a very big chance..especially if it is 3 or more hours away.

What are the odds that this guy would have had at least 2 surgeries in his lifetime? I'm about to be 38 and I've never had one much less two.

very possible, I am 45 and have had 5 surgeries all before I was 40.

I'm not going to rule out that his work may have taken him to the Gulf lined towns of Texas, on the coast. So maybe that put him in the general area. But being an offshoresman, it's really unlikely that his work would take him to North East Houston, to the Sam Houston National Forest area.

What really freaks me out about this is that this guy obviously has knowledge of some pretty desolate areas/areas easy to dispose of things. First the Whiskey Bay Bridge/the Atchafalaya Swamp. Now the woodsy and sparsley populated Sam Houston National Forest area.

I really doubt Mickey was the only one. However, that being said, she may be...his truck didn't get burned and abandoned until now, afterall.

But his house did. His trailer is fairly new.

San Jacinto County is very undeveloped. One of the closest cities to the national forest where the truck was found is Conroe, which happens to be in Montgomery County. So, if he wasn't visiting Conroe for some reason, he could have simply gone to the closest city, which turned out to be Conroe. So the fact that two counties are involved could be coincidental.

He could have rented a car in Conroe, too. I see a location for Enterprise. They market that they'll come get you and it's standard practice with their rentals.

I can't imagine he would drive to Tx with a body in the truck? That would be taking a very big chance..especially if it is 3 or more hours away.
I had that thought too.

I'm not going to rule out that his work may have taken him to the Gulf lined towns of Texas, on the coast. So maybe that put him in the general area. But being an offshoresman, it's really unlikely that his work would take him to North East Houston, to the Sam Houston National Forest area.

What really freaks me out about this is that this guy obviously has knowledge of some pretty desolate areas/areas easy to dispose of things. First the Whiskey Bay Bridge/the Atchafalaya Swamp. Now the woodsy and sparsley populated Sam Houston National Forest area.

I really doubt Mickey was the only one. However, that being said, she may be...his truck didn't get burned and abandoned until now, afterall.

He may have gone on jobs on inland rigs. They do have them.

Also, I know about those areas-to me anyone who does any camping or spends any time outside in nature does.I don't find that strange at all.

I can't either. I think it was Mickey first, then the bike, then the truck after the video came out.

“On June 14, investigators received information from a concerned citizen regarding a white Z 71 pickup that may be involved in Mickey’s disappearance. The vehicle in question was registered to Brandon Lavergne.

“Further investigation revealed that this truck was reported stolen in Montgomery County, Texas and later located in San Jacinto County, Texas on May 21. The truck had been burned. It was just days after the truck was located that the police had released photographs of that vehicle being a vehicle of interest.

From Fox44.com

So the burned truck was found on May 21? So it had to be reported stolen between the 19th and 21st....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper