LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone called LE about these trucks a while back. Both white trucks by circle k were the same trucks.

ok i thought someone said that they were in fact two different trucks when they called.... thanks for clearing it up for me.... :banghead:

I agree, that might work.

That's what the authorities did with Matthew Hoffman with his 3 heinous murders.

LE would NEVER have found his victims remains, if Hoffman hadn't wanted to avoid the death penalty, as he had scaled a giant tree in the middle of the woods, hoisted his victims up and dropped their dismembered parts into the hollow trunk. :( :( :(
-----------
Thanks for reminding people how creatively bizarre they can be in hiding bodies. How do people NOT remember that case?

He could have rented a car in Conroe, too. I see a location for Enterprise. They market that they'll come get you and it's standard practice with their rentals.

"Hello Enterprise - I need to rent a car. You can pick me up in the middle of the forest. You can't miss me. I am standing next to a burning truck."

Thanks, got it!

So, in all likelihood, the entire crime was completed by 5/21, right? I'm afraid it isn't likely then that Mickey was alive after this point, being that he had taken great pains to get rid of any evidence within 48 hours...

If it was 5/21, then yeah... all comited within 48 hours. If Mickey was still alive, I'd be willing to bet Whiskey Bay was where any crime, including murder, actually happened. Its a dark place that nobody exits on at night, and is nothing but 60 miles of swamp. He could have parked that truck any number of places off of that exit and nobody would have known anything for a while.

I'd honestly be surprised though to find that he did NOT dump her body in Whiskey Bay.

It seems like the most obvious place to dump a body.

The press conference audio says 5/21.

I heard him say 5/21, but maybe it was just a mistake. He seemed to be stumbling with some words at that point in the comments. MOO

I was watching, listening and doing real life stuff at the same time.

Thanks, got it!

So, in all likelihood, the entire crime was completed by 5/21, right? I'm afraid it isn't likely then that Mickey was alive after this point, being that he had taken great pains to get rid of any evidence within 48 hours...

Welcome :)

That's what I'm thinking. Probably just trying to tie up loose ends at the time :(

Thanks, got it!

The audio does say 5/21, but the text (which is identical on both KATC and KLFY's websites) say 5/31. It's possible that the chief misread or that the press release has a typo.

"Hello Enterprise - I need to rent a car. You can pick me up in the middle of the forest. You can't miss me. I am standing next to a burning truck."

Yeah...there's an accomplice/witness. Unless this has his own transporter room.

the officer in the press conference said the truck in the traffic video following mickey and the truck that was burnt were the same and that it was registered to BSL. so it was his truck. but they never stated whether he reported it stolen or not. however the person that was on the forum earlier and told us about the auto dealer worker that reported BSL for having white out on his drivers license over the RSO part said that he said it was stolen. (and the white out part was said to be true)

I can't seem to find the original post about what happened at the dealership. Can someone help?

If they said there is evidence she is dead I am going to assume there is actual evidence unless they just mean circumstantial. To me, that would be worse. I am pretty certain he did end her life that night no matter how much I want to be hopeful and it will be much harder to convict him if there is just random circumstantial evidence that she is dead and no body or "hard" evidence. I want him to be punished to the full extent of the law.
It makes me even sadder that her body could be literally anywhere. Technically it could be in Texas, anywhere between Texas and LaFayette, in WB never to be found, etc. Makes me sad :(

Imo, he will file for a speedy trial, but there should be a quantity of forensics from the burnt DWT, if it was extinguished in a timely manner.
There is also a treasure trove of circumstantial evidence; WB tire tracks, gps info, security video, bite marks.

It would be reasonable to conclude that the gps info from the truck in conjunction with a geographical profile prepared by the FBI BAU2, will narrow down the probable location of her remains.

Sadistical psychopathic sexual predator Brandon Lavergne is displaying all the characteristicts of an evil and experienced serial killer that has been active for years or decades, imo. "Obviously, no stranger to the game"..
"Game over BSL"..

Hopefully his gf or family, friends at work, neighbors will have info on him to.

I can't seem to find the original post about what happened at the dealership. Can someone help?
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8118120&postcount=686"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32[/ame]

Sadly, I think he dumped MS and the bike at the same place because I'm sure he was in a hurry to get out of there after his deed. Lots of posters have mentioned gators in those waters. I don't think they like the taste of bicycles. These sex offenders do what they do when the mood strikes and opportunity arises. They try to get rid of evidence quicky unless they find out later their vehicle was caught on video tape. This guy was very sloppy. He never expected that. I'm sure he has done this before.

I would absolutely love to know what dealership this was...

Both to boost their business for reporting this (a lot of dealerships are shady and wouldn't even report it), and to see if it was the one where I potentially sold his father a car at.

I'm obviously glad there's been an arrest. I hope it sticks.

I'm very impressed with all of you who stuck it out here through all this. You're a good bunch of folks.

As for this creep...I hope he has the decency to hang himself the first chance he gets.

My understanding was he said on St. Landry/St.Mary/Blackham Coliseum which to me implied somewhere on St. Landry St.

I got the impression from the presser that LE has reviewed several videos of the area around UL's campus & where students live (for example, isn't Bertrand lined with student housing-not UL housing, but luxury student apartments, at one part - and we know they took video from the Daily Advertiser on Bertrand yesterday showing 5/19 early am hours) of BSL cruising around looking for a victim.
Unfortunately for Mickey, he found her and took her from somewhere near Blackham Coliseum, which makes sense. Basically nothing but fields out there. Also near sorority houses (which the girls don't live in at UL, but still a good place to cruise for victims) and frat houses where girls may be leaving from visiting boyfriends, etc (even when school is out I think some of the guys still live there). The greek housing is far enough away where concieveably no one would hear anything or see anything out in the fields along Coliseum Rd. by the coliseum itself.

I work at UL and it breaks my heart that Mickey was essentially kidnapped a few feet from campus/UL property. She probably felt so safe and comfortable there. I can totally understand why she'd take St. Landry to Coliseum Rd. - less chance of being hit by a car or drunk driver on a populated street and she could have met up with the UL bike path not too far away. Heck, the desolation of Coliseum Rd. creeps me out even in daytime but I might choose it over trying to compete to share the roads with drivers at 2am who might be drunk (or drivers at any time).

ok i thought someone said that they were in fact two different trucks when they called.... thanks for clearing it up for me.... :banghead:

They are different trucks, it's just gotten confused again because the news station that showed the press conference screwed up and put a picture of the wrong truck on the screen.

The ONLY truck of interest, the one that Lavergne was driving when he abducted Mickey, is the truck in the pic that was going the same way she was, following her down St Landry.

From Fox44.com

So the burned truck was found on May 21? So it had to be reported stolen between the 19th and 21st....

The important thing to note here is (if the dates are correct) two days after MS disappeared a white truck was found burned in TX that had been reported stolen. Hmmmm I would think thats related.....oh and it belongs to a LA sex offender. Then the next week they release video and say they're looking for a white truck of the very same make and model. "Hey remember that one burnt up in Texas belonging to a sex offender? No? Ok" Then on June 14th a tipster tells them about a sex offender with a white truck and THEN they find out it's the same one that was reported stolen and burnt? I dont even know what to make of that

Edit: Sounds like San Jacinto county had absolutely no clue about the MS case and therefore didnt think it was necessary to contact anyone in LA, or you know....any kind of LE about a burnt up sex offenders truck. Or they did and LPD didnt pay much attention to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx