LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in my mind the next logical question would be: Was it totally random?

he looks soo familiar.... Ive seen this man somewhere before... I just cant put my finger on it....

Finally! I am cleared to post! Yay! I have been wanting to say some things all day. This is my first post.

Since I found out about the case, I have been all over the place with worry. Here's the thing about the Whiskey Bay underpass where the bike was found. It is right at the end of the "old highway", which does in fact connect to HWY 190, which leads directly to where BL lives.

I personally took I-10 to the Whiskey Bay exit, got off and drove down the 17 mile gravel road to 190. I was not aware that it was connected right there previous to that. The day I visited there were gators sunning right where her bike was found, so it is possible that it is a dump site. (Horrible! I know.)

The second thing I am thinking. As I drove down that area, I truly felt like that was the area he took her to. It wouldn't make sense if you abducted someone to drive all the way down I-49 back towards your house. There are too many police, too much traffic, and too many chances to get caught. It's just too risky in my opinion.

I-10 between Lafayette and Whiskey Bay is fairly dark at night. You can barely even see that you are on the bridge, especially when you get past Breaux Bridge. The area down below Whiskey Bay is SUPER DARK, covered in garbage everywhere, lots of areas where someone could be taken and harmed.

If he did in fact take her bike there and throw it in the water, and perhaps did "harm" her, he had 17 miles of dark isolated road between there and I90 to go back towards his house. There is a levy road covered in tall grass and overgrowth that entire way, as well as the dark gravel road, with numerous turn offs. There are three bodies of water on either side of the road. You have the Atchafalaya River there to the left, and you also have the Big Alabama and Little Alabama water areas. All have gators. All the areas are swampy and overgrown.

However, the most sense is that he took that exit and went that way because it was the easiest, densest, least populated way for him to do his crime, not be seen, and no one would be any "wiser" in regards to traffic going through there. I really think they should also see if Krotz Springs or Port Barre have any traffic cams of the area for that evening to check the footage to see if he did in fact drive home that direction.

Even working offshore for his company, there are too many alternate routes to go offshore. These offshore guys aren't driving down to the coast to get on boats. They are driving to the heliports to be flown out. My hubby goes offshore from time to time, and depending on where he is at the time he gets sent, he takes lots of routes. He's even went I-49 down to Houma a time or two. So my opinion isn't that he was going on I-10 to get offshore. I think he deliberately went that direction to Whiskey Bay because of the isolation and the ability to get on the darkest most inconspicuous highway home after down the back road.

Prayers for the family. Really saddens my heart.
These are all just my thoughts on the situation.

Thank you and welcome to WS.

I would like to assume that LE has driven to his house the way you say, from the WB site and looked for any areas where Mickie could be. Is this route well-known? (the 17 miles of dark road?) Would LE have known to check this, do you think?

I have always had a feeling that she was probably left near her bike.

Looks like he went to the same stylist as the guy arrested in NC.

Can we come up with something to call him?
Bsl I guess...but I would prefer something like...DRSOIQ or something like that. All of the other names I think os would not be allowed.

the 2nd photo has gotta be when he was 12 years younger...i don't buy that's from yesterday...

I agree, could the 2nd picture be his booking photo from the crime in 1999?

I just never got over the stolen pressure washer, woodcutting tool, and insides of the yukon at the hardware store that was set on fire. Maybe he tried to clean his truck but then decided to ditch it.

that scar on his neck looks like a recently healed/healing knife or blade wound in my nursing opinon

he is most likely well after day 20 and well into the "granulation phase" if you well..

that wound would well fit with the timeline in my medical nursing opinion

Anyone can access it online here:

At what point did he become a Tier 3? Had to have done more than what this report says right?

I read that report and it seems to me he did plenty to earn that designation. Breaking and entering, binding, blindfolding and forced oral sex, plus threats -- actually, it reminds me a bit of some of the earlier crimes of Russell Williams. That combination of control and weirdly intimate contact with the victim (leading to the washroom, the detail of the washcloth). The blindfold and binding too -- I can see you not seeing me, and so forth. Very disturbing, IMO.

s

scum.jpg

(in no particular order) The second pic of him just looks so different than the rest. Goes to show how much a person's appearance can change by loosing or gaining a little weight. His nose looks different in the 3rd pic like maybe it had been broken or something?

Wow! In 3 of the 4 photos the shape of his head is the same, but not in one of the photos (2nd from left). Are we SURE the 2nd photo is even him???!!!

I think there are also scar marks near his throat that look like healed fingernail scars to me. (they are a triangular shape and when the skin heals, if it tans, the fingernail marks do not tan, they remain pinkish). The scar on the side of the neck has an interesting pucker to it. Perhaps a keloid scar formed at the top part of it. I think the scars on the hands and near the throat and neck are defensive wounds. Probably bite marks on the hands and fingernail scratches on the neck. Pretty deep wounds if they are six weeks old, but they would still be there.

Can RSO have facebook pages? I guess I just can't fathom not having one. Couldn't find his victim either, for that matter.

that scar on his neck looks like a recently healed/healing knife or blade wound in my nursing opinon

:seeya: If he recently replaced the "skirting" on the mobile home he could have gotten cut then... that stuff is dad gum sharp as sheet! moo

or a knife wound... Doesn't look like it was sutured though... most definitely "recent"!

eta: could be fingernails...

I read that report and it seems to me he did plenty to earn that designation. Breaking and entering, binding, blindfolding and forced oral sex, plus threats -- actually, it reminds me a bit of some of the earlier crimes of Russell Williams. That combination of control and weirdly intimate contact with the victim (leading to the washroom, the detail of the washcloth). The blindfold and binding too -- I can see you not seeing me, and so forth. Very disturbing, IMO.

s

and in that report when police searched his home they found the cloth with possible semen on it. That my friend is probably his TROPHY. Why would he keep that? You would think he would wash it, throw it out, but he kept it!

i know that sociopaths have no concern for society, but what about himself? that's what i mean. he had a future that could have been happy normal, not prison, possibly death row.

The things that make a normal person happy don't make sociopaths happy. They don't feel happiness like a normal person. They don't feel anything.

Do you know that as a fact? Maybe he was at someones home, or they were at his? Since we don't know what the situation was, all anyone can do is speculate.

he broke into her home at 130am. she was asleep in her bed. he held her down into the mattress and blindfolded her with her own shirt and tied her hands. took her clothes off. she said she was a virgin and he said that he wouldn't take that away from her. forced her at knifepoint or gunpoint (she said sharp object in her side) to do oral sex. then walked her to the bathroom. forced her to spit into a cloth and rinse her mouth. then he untied her and said count to 100 or 1000. i can't remember. he told her that if she told anyone he'd come back and burn her house down with everyone inside. poor thing was so afraid that she left out the oral sex part in her first interview with police. they felt she was leaving something out so they asked her mother to talk with her

he ripped the phones out of the wall but they didn't get any readable prints off the phone. they saw mud prints at the window he broke into. she told police that his voice sounded like her cousin's boyfriend's voice. she said he had a very distinct voice. she gave police his name and indeed it was Brandon

he told police that she invited him over and they kissed, but that he didn't take her clothes off. her shirt however was found on side of the bed still tied in a knot. they ended up finding a cloth with sticky substance at the victim's residence and turned it into the crime lab

:seeya:A.C.I., IF they did recover the GPS from the burned vehicle, wouldn't they be able to trace every move the truck made from the time he hit Mickey till it was burned?

Ohhhhh A.C.I., just bumping this up for you or anyone who might know...

The entire gravel road down that area has flyers, so I am assuming that the police have searched that area. I have driven up and down it several times now, as I live literally a mile and a half from that turn off. (Creeps me out) :(

That area is so dense with woods, as it is a National Heritage area, I honestly don't know how easy it is to search. You have to think with all of the woods, water, and critters, it does make for a hazardous area. Even the area where the bike was dumped, he had to hike down this concrete area to get to the water to throw the bike in.

The water there is super fast and deep. I've been wondering if there shouldn't be a bigger search of the area, if in fact, they do not find her body (assuming she's gone) at the house because if he did want to dump them in separate places, he would have had ample area to dispose in those 17 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee