LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like our girl scratched him up.
Proud of you, Mickey.

I just never got over the stolen pressure washer, woodcutting tool, and insides of the yukon at the hardware store that was set on fire. Maybe he tried to clean his truck but then decided to ditch it.

I agree with you 1000%. He also has a history of burning buildings and threatening to burn. Somehow I could easily picture that pressure washer at his mobile home/concrete slab. The only question I had is why he would need two. Unless there were two crime scenes.

If they caught him on the Onstar, they probably can figure out where he paused/stopped to dispose of a body if he did.

When was the break-in stolen pressure washers/ fire? Was it when BL would have been onland?

The things that make a normal person happy don't make sociopaths happy. They don't feel happiness like a normal person. They don't feel anything.

so he doesn't really care that he's in prison? or I guess the possibility of going to prison didn't bother him enough before he took Mickey. I guess they really just can't help themselves, which is why they NEED TO BE REMOVED FROM FREE SOCIETY. i agree that i don't want to pay for them but surely they can set up some island or something and let them fend for themselves. Drop some seeds for planting and let them grow there own food. If they die they die. I know it sounds horrible, but at this point, the innocent women and children that are being taken are basically just thrown out into the world trying to fend for themselves while these bigger more powerful predators do what they will with them. Something needs to be done and it doesn't NEED to be expensive with 3 meals a day and AC with bball courts

I agree with you 1000%. He also has a history of burning buildings and threatening to burn. Somehow I could easily picture that pressure washer at his mobile home/concrete slab. The only question I had is why he would need two. Unless there were two crime scenes.

If they caught him on the Onstar, they probably can figure out where he paused/stopped to dispose of a body if he did.

Or if someone helped him.

I want to know how often he visits the Montgomery County area. There have been several cases over the years of women found in burned out cars. He may be too young to have committed those, I will have to look up the dates.

But, there are huge amounts of missing women from the greater Houston area.

Sorry for the delayed response to some of these things, I've been catching up on the pages.

With respect to the fact that he can afford 2 $50,000 vehicles but not a lawyer, I think it's already been pointed out that "in a case like this" (using his words), a defense lawyer can run up quite a tab. It's a rare individual who can truly afford that. But, what I did want to point out is that there is a very big difference between affording something that will likely cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars (lawyer fees) vs. "affording" a $50,000 truck. If he put $0 down and had an interest rate of 6%, that's a payment of about $1,000 a month. That's ABSURD, in my opinion, but for someone who values that, makes decent money, and doesn't have things like children or a mortgage, easily doable.

With respect to the San Jacinto/Montgomery County LE departments not reporting the stolen and burned truck to Lafayette LE...Is it possible that he reported it stolen without the VIN or, more likely, with the wrong VIN? Just trying to figure out what the heck broke down there.

Auto theft is a huge thing in the Houston area, so that ball that was dropped may be that they didn't even really look into it when he reporting it stolen. They took his information, put an alert out on the plates, and that was it.

With the truck being burned? I haven't come up with a theory as to why the VIN wasn't run immediately and the owner investigated.

that scar on his neck looks like a recently healed/healing knife or blade wound in my nursing opinon

i agree. it sounds like he assaulted the 18 year old girl at knifepoint. Mickey may have struggled to fight back with his knife. he's so much bigger than her, so the odds were totally against her. :(

so he doesn't really care that he's in prison? or I guess the possibility of going to prison didn't bother him enough before he took Mickey. I guess they really just can't help themselves, which is why they NEED TO BE REMOVED FROM FREE SOCIETY. i agree that i don't want to pay for them but surely they can set up some island or something and let them fend for themselves. Drop some seeds for planting and let them grow there own food. If they die they die. I know it sounds horrible, but at this point, the innocent women and children that are being taken are basically just thrown out into the world trying to fend for themselves while these bigger more powerful predators do what they will with them. Something needs to be done and it doesn't NEED to be expensive with 3 meals a day and AC with bball courts

I am sure it bothers him, but only because he can't really act on his urges (especially if he is put on death row).

There are sociopaths everywhere. Not all of them commit heinous offenses, but they do have the potential to do so. 25% of the population is said to be a sociopath.

If they do have GPS on his truck, I hope they are making a map of places to search now, and then get TES back to LE and try to go over every area. I doubt he would leave her on his own property, He went to too much trouble to get rid of everything else. I feel she is someplace between his home and WB, or at WB, in which case, she may never be found.

Oh I wish they could get him talking...maybe they can arrange a plea once they have all of their evidence in order.

not sure what the GPS has on it. Could be just total miles, speed, stuff like that. It might not show stopping but turning on and off yes.

Sorry for the delayed response to some of these things, I've been catching up on the pages.

With respect to the fact that he can afford 2 $50,000 vehicles but not a lawyer, I think it's already been pointed out that "in a case like this" (using his words), a defense lawyer can run up quite a tab. It's a rare individual who can truly afford that. But, what I did want to point out is that there is a very big difference between affording something that will likely cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars (lawyer fees) vs. "affording" a $50,000 truck. If he put $0 down and had an interest rate of 6%, that's a payment of about $1,000 a month. That's ABSURD, in my opinion, but for someone who values that, makes decent money, and doesn't have things like children or a mortgage, easily doable.

With respect to the San Jacinto/Montgomery County LE departments not reporting the stolen and burned truck to Lafayette LE...Is it possible that he reported it stolen without the VIN or, more likely, with the wrong VIN? Just trying to figure out what the heck broke down there.

Auto theft is a huge thing in the Houston area, so that ball that was dropped may be that they didn't even really look into it when he reporting it stolen. They took his information, put an alert out on the plates, and that was it.

With the truck being burned? I haven't come up with a theory as to why the VIN wasn't run immediately and the owner investigated.

If the Lafayette PD didn't put out a BOLO on his specific truck, Montgomery County/San Jacinto County would have no reason to report it. Crew cab and extended cab trucks are the number one stolen vehicles in SE Texas. It happens on an almost daily basis.

I want to make sure everyone realizes that Montgomery County, Texas (where the truck was reported stolen) and San Jacinto, Texas (where the truck was found burned) are adjacent to each other. See here: http://www.hearthstonelegacy.com/texas-county-map.htm

The Google map with the distance between Montgomery, Texas (a city IN Montgomery County) and San Jacinto County, Texas is a little bit deceiving. You can cross right from one to the other, so he wouldn't have necessarily have to have driven too, too far.

It would be really great to know what city he reported the truck stolen in in Montgomery County, and where in San Jacinto County the truck was found.

A.C.I., linkage blindness; the reason predators are active for years or decades. Communication/awareness among LE agencies is critical in missing persons investigations.
Brandon Lavergne knew about jurisdictional linkage blindness and attempted to take advantage; Lafayette, Whiskey Bay, TX...Why doesn't Law Enforcement?
If not for an aware citizen's tip, the connection may have never been made...

In Canada we have VICLAS software.

This software helped connect the heinous crimes of former Colonel Russell Williams.

Violent Crime Linkage System (ViCLAS)

The ViCLAS system was developed by the RCMP to assist in identifying serial crimes and criminals.

Other Serious Crime Linkage Systems

Some of the systems they examined included:

• FBI Violent Criminal Apprehension Program (ViCAP);
  • Iowa State Sex Crimes Analysis System;
  • Minnesota State Sex Crimes Analysis System (MINN/SCAP);
  • Washington State Homicide Investigation Tracking System (HITS);
  • New York State Homicide Investigation & Lead Tracking (HALT);
  • New Jersey Homicide Evaluation & Assessment Tracking (HEAT); and
  • Pennsylvania State ATAC Program.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/tops-opst/bs-sc/viclas-salvac-eng.htm

wonder if he transported the body and put it in the lake?

I would bet anything that if he did kill her or if she died from her injuries, he would have left her there in the river with the bike. He's already there and everyone knows a swampy area is the best place to put a body if you don't ever want someone to find it. Why take a chance discarding two major pieces of evidence in two different places.

Most of these sex crimes are impulsive and once the deed is done they just want to get rid of the evidence as quickly as possible. Seems like 9 of 10 times the victim is raped and killed within a couple of hours.

The only circumstance I can see where she would be disposed of elsewhere would be if he held her captive at his home for a few days then disposed of her and the truck at the same time.

If he was really out that night searching for a victim then I have no doubt he has done this before. He probably changed his appearance so that a victim cannot identify him.

I want to make sure everyone realizes that Montgomery County, Texas (where the truck was reported stolen) and San Jacinto, Texas (where the truck was found burned) are adjacent to each other. See here: http://www.hearthstonelegacy.com/texas-county-map.htm

The Google map with the distance between Montgomery, Texas (a city IN Montgomery County) and San Jacinto County, Texas is a little bit deceiving. You can cross right from one to the other, so he wouldn't have necessarily have to have driven too, too far.

It would be really great to know what city he reported the truck stolen in in Montgomery County, and where in San Jacinto County the truck was found.

Pictures would be nice too lol

There are a lot of waterways between Lafayette, LA and the Houston, TX area.

When was the break-in stolen pressure washers/ fire? Was it when BL would have been onland?

I can't seem to find it. I'd like to reread it myself. I read this tarot reading about Mickey that really stuck with me. I wanna reread that now as well.

I would bet anything that if he did kill her or if she died from her injuries, he would have left her there in the river with the bike. He's already there and everyone knows a swampy area is the best place to put a body if you don't ever want someone to find it. Why take a chance discarding two major pieces of evidence in two different places.

Most of these sex crimes are impulsive and once the deed is done they just want to get rid of the evidence as quickly as possible. Seems like 9 of 10 times the victim is raped and killed within a couple of hours.

The only circumstance I can see where she would be disposed of elsewhere would be if he held her captive at his home for a few days then disposed of her and the truck at the same time.

If he was really out that night searching for a victim then I have no doubt he has done this before. He probably changed his appearance so that a victim cannot identify him.

I think LE knows he was at WB that night/morning and that is the date they have on the warrant for the murder as well. So I too think he would have taken the "easiest" route and left her and the bike together, before daylight on Saturday the 19th, IMO.

If the Lafayette PD didn't put out a BOLO on his specific truck, Montgomery County/San Jacinto County would have no reason to report it. Crew cab and extended cab trucks are the number one stolen vehicles in SE Texas. It happens on an almost daily basis.

That, and the new favorite activity: removing all four wheels and leaving someone's vehicle stacked on bricks.

The simple state of affairs here in the Houston area is that vehicle burglary, theft, and vandalism is so common that you rarely meet anyone who hasn't been a victim of it, myself included.

That doesn't excuse that the burned vehicle wasn't investigated more thoroughly originally to determine the owner and cause, and that Lafayette LE wasn't alerted sooner.

But, I did just remember that when I had to report my vehicle burglary and vandalism, they took info such as my name and address and the license plate of the car. No VIN number, no SSN from me. No drivers license number from me. Nothing. I'd assume if you were reporting an actual theft they'd take more info, but maybe not. If he gave his name and a different address, and they didn't have his SSN, even if LE had searched, he would have come up with all the other non RSO Bandon Lavergne's out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth