LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, that has been cleared up a few times for me since I made the post but thanks!

eta::added 'since i made the post'

sorry :truce: i noticed this about 2 min after i posted it and was going to go back and edit it away, lol. i've been trying to catch up on the posts all morning!!!! the end of the thread just keeps getting further away

sorry :truce: i noticed this about 2 min after i posted it and was going to go back and edit it away, lol. i've been trying to catch up on the posts all morning!!!! the end of the thread just keeps getting further away

:) you're not the first so I msged the mods to see if I should just delete the post since it's still catching peoples eye :woohoo:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2012/05/29/exp-jvm-mickey-shunick.hln

Here's the link to the video where the still shots posted early this morning/late last night were taken from the JVM show. The video edits show LCG's camera footage of MS in different colors, brightness, contrast, etc. depicting things that are just not there. I've attached the still shots I took from the same JVM show. I disagree that there is "something" on top of the truck. The video explains how one might think that though - the editing is misleading. Actually, I'm going to attach one as a test then repost if it works since I don't know how the URL posting of pics works.

Changing the contrast does not change what is or is not in the still. They didn't add or takeaway from the image.

They did reverse the contrast at one point and they faded an image before moving to the next still. The pic I posted was of what appeared to me the same contrast as the original photo.

Guess we will have to agree to disagree. I see what I see and the pics look the same to me. One is just a lot bigger.

Can't you deny OnStar? I have a new car and I know that OnStar is an option that I didn't want. I don't have it. Not sure this is the case with all makes/models.

As I said yesterday, if I were a predator there is NO way I would allow OnStar in my car. The last thing you would want is a tracking software.

There was a TV show that talked about as long as onstar was in your car it can track your whereabouts even if you don't a subscription. I don't know the truth in that. But that was what the show was about. And it said it was extremely difficult to disconnect it so that it would no longer work

I pretty sure he got in trouble but it would have been when he was a juvenile. Aren't juvenile records not available because of their age? And aren't they sort of "erased" when they become an adult?

I asked that too.
I wondered about his "priors". Records sealed for minors?

Some of his mechanical training was in Lake Charles. It's possible that he's familiar with that area too and could have left her somewhere in that area. Just a thought...

I can't think of any good place to hide a body in lake charles. Unless he went south towards grand lake or big lake.

Sometimes, prisoners have a lot more freedom than I would be comfortable with. There is a man here in Louisiana, convicted a couple years ago in connection with a Ponzi scheme (nonviolent, o'course), whom I happen to know personally. A few months ago, he was working on some landscaping in the North LA prison where he is incarcerated and a prison official told him he "needed more plants". The prisoner got into a prison truck and drove to Lowe's, where he was in line to purchase plants when the staff called LE and he was detained and subsequently transferred to another facility. Now, this guy was a nonviolent offender and quite possibly a moron, but you know that prisoners who are deemed "model" are often given more freedoms and responsibilities and their supervision can become lax.

I'd be interested to know if BSL was granted any "trustee" type status while incarcerated, and what that entailed/would allow him to do.

Agree!

Speaking of too much freedom, in late 1983 my wife and I moved into an apartment next door to this man: http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1320&dat=19900623&id=icFWAAAAIBAJ&sjid=PuoDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6984,7897074
who also was our building maintenance man and took care of the pool.

Almost a year later, when the scandal broke and sherriff's deputies showed up and hauled him off to Angola we were, as you can imagine, dumbfounded.

None of the tenants had any idea he was a convicted rapist or that he was supposed to be in prison. He wasn't just "wandering around unsupervised" as stated in the article, he was our next door neighbor! And he wasn't always back in jail at nights either.

We were also amazed to find out he had pleaded guilty because he had no lack of girlfriends, and towards the end was carrying on an affair with a married woman in the building behind us.

nursebeeme said:
okay I am chiming in here now.... my husband has been an officer in the army going on 20 years and has done time in recruiting....

the military does not take people with criminal charges... the military will also not even accept people who are on ADHD medications (they have to be off of them for a year). We recently had a kid with two open container violations and it he was a no go for ROTC.

The military is a lot more selective than a lot of people realize. The military also does extensive testing when returning from deployment. Do people come back and have issues.. sure some do.. but painting the military with a broad brush is not something I like to see personally.

The article linked yesterday to his past crime said he was in ADA (that is air defense artillery). I am patiently waiting to see if a reporter will print something on his history in the military.

my cousin had the choice of either going to jail or enlisting in the army... ??? he enlisted. but got dishonorably discharged. he's now in prison for an unrelated incident. maybe some states allow this to occur? because it sure did for him, but unfortunately didn't help his ways at all.

[Q]Agree!

Speaking of too much freedom, in late 1983 my wife and I moved into an apartment next door to this man: http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=6984,7897074
who also was our building maintenance man and took care of the pool.

Almost a year later, when the scandal broke and sherriff's deputies showed up and hauled him off to Angola we were, as you can imagine, dumbfounded.

None of the tenants had any idea he was a convicted rapist or that he was supposed to be in prison. He wasn't just "wandering around unsupervised" as stated in the article, he was our next door neighbor! And he wasn't always back in jail at nights either.

We were also amazed to find out he had pleaded guilty because he had no lack of girlfriends, and towards the end was carrying on an affair with a married woman in the building behind us.[/Q]
by RocnDoc

That is so frightening ---especially that he was the building maintenance man. :eek:

When my DD was 19 and got her own apt. she and her roommate were trying to make me feel better about them living alone. They said " Don't worry, we are getting to be good friends with the maintenance man---he hangs out here with us all the time." :what:

Just wondering:
A) When will a call be issued for searchers to volunteer to search new areas now that BSL has been identified as the suspect (areas around Swords, between Swords & WB, Lafayette & Swords, etc) as well as around where his cell pinged in the hours and days after he took Mickey (I assume they now have that info, even if he didn't have GPS in the truck but if he did, search those areas as well)?
B) Will the family & San Jacinto County LE ask Tim Miller to look in the area around where the truck was found just in case?

I feel like there's really renewed interest in this case locally right now and it's a good time to ask for volunteer searchers if they need them. Waiting a week could mean attracting a smaller number of volunteers....

I am not saying that Mickey or her bike are under or over the truck in front of the Circle K because I just don't know. I only know that something is going on with the pic of that truck between all the weird anomalies in the pic to why they released it at that spot.

I don't know of any LE stating that she or the bike is or is not in that pic. ACI said he called and a public information officer said that she is not. I had a US Marshal friend of mine call a detective and they said they cannot rule out any scenario at that time. If there is a link that states LE disproved this theory then I will definitely change my opinion. Right now is is just speculation.

As far as the Chief stating where she was taken, it is a matter of how you interpret what he said. He didn't seem to know where she was taken but those do seem like the most likely areas.

It seems unlikely she was taken at the Circle K but this guy is obviously impulsive and not the smartest guy. He likely didn't know her and has no idea where she lives or where she was going. Maybe he thought he better grab her while he could...before she pulled into a house or business. Maybe at this point she was aware of him and he had to act or be caught. Maybe she would have gone into the Circke K and reported him do he stopped her first. Maybe he thought it would look like an accident and he was 'helping' her by taking her to the hospital. Again, he wasn't likely thinking clearly as he was being guided by this out of control impulse.

I only base my opinions on facts and statements, confirmations, made by LE only. And what I can see with my own eyes. This is absolutely not aimed at anyone in particular (because we have all done it and its how we express opinions) but members do come on and make statements that they heard this here or there and it gets quoted and commented on and then threads later people think they are facts. I have not seen any facts that prove or disprove something happened right there in that pic.

LE said it happened after St Landry/St Mary intersection and Blackham Colliseum. Thats further down than Circle K. So based on statements from LE I believe it didn't happen in front of Circle K.

Is there anyone who can firm up BSL’s work/off-work calendar?

?May 9 - May 22 - Onshore (*MS disappeared May 19, *BSL WT reported stolen May 21 in TX)
?May 23 - June 5 - Offshore working
?June 6 - June 19 - Onshore (*June 14 Dealership employee calls LA LE re suspicious BSL DL.)
?June 20 - July 4 - Offshore working
*July 5 - pulled over and arrested at I-10 & 1-49

I have a question related o that. He worked "offshore" meaning he worked for an oil company drilling. Could that mean he was working actually on a land rig in Texas - Liberty county? Since Obama shut down a lot of the wells drilling"offshore" many guys are working on land rigs in Texas. (These are like offshore rigs, but they are on land -- but somehow guys that say they work "offshore" still use that designation loosely - but really are working on land rigs now since offshore has closed down so many rigs. There is a big difference here. If he worked offshore, then he was catching a boat or a helicopter to go out into the Gulf to wrk on a drilling rig and thus wasnot available or on the prowl. However, if he worked on a land rig somewhere in Texas, he worked 12 on and 12 off and thus durig his 12 hours off he was still available to be on the prowl. I think this is an important question.

That is so frightening ---especially that he was the building maintenance man. :eek:

When my DD was 19 and got her own apt. she and her roommate were trying to make me feel better about them living alone. They said " Don't worry, we are getting to be good friends with the maintenance man---he hangs out here with us all the time." :what:

Yep, I can think of a few cases where the maintenance man was the perp-
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/1990/01/dna_helps_convict_new_orleans.html

LE said it happened after St Landry/St Mary intersection and Blackham Colliseum. Thats further down than Circle K. So based on statements from LE I believe it didn't happen in front of Circle K.

I agree. When I heard the chief say that, I was sure the discussion of seeing her under/on top of the DWT by Circle K was going to end.

'If it drives like a truck, it's prolly a truck''.. 'I'd think that we could move past the DWBT by now'...

You can choose to if you like, so can anyone else. I can choose to focus on what I feel is important, thank you.

Way back, when no one wanted to talk about the white truck, said it wasn't being looked for, that it wasn't involved, and that we should move on and ignore it. Well, guess what??

A couple of us stood by our belief that it was an integral part of this investigation and it was. It still will be up until the very end. Like it or not.

If I and others choose to look at the truck and base our theories on the truck...so what. Who is it hurting? What if the 'hate the truck' people kept it out of the news before? The focus on the white truck is what got him tripped up.

I am half joking but seriously!

Well sure.

But I was going off the ongoing discussion that the GPS was in the truck.

And do we have any link that says any GPS info was recovered? Or are we spinning our wheels on rumors?

-----

Police Chief said they could place the truck at WB. Not BSL and not his cell phone.

Of course, it could be tire tracks too. But me thinks GPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee