LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodnight all - hopefully tomorrow will be the day we find Mickey. :please:
Saying an extra prayer tonight for both families.

KTF <3

I know I'm probably over-analyzing LE's words too much (plus I haven't listened to it, only read the posts/timelines), but I did note that they said they don't have the testing REPORTS back. The first thing that went through my mind is they have, in fact, heard back from the FBI as to what the results are, even though they don't have the actual REPORTS yet, and that they are being put into report form, which takes time because they know the reports will be picked apart by a defense attorney.

Again IMO statements are being very carefully worded.

And what's weird is what you quoted was from me but on my computer at least it was being attributed to aussie. Not a computer person here, so unsure how or why it is misquoting things or who was being quoted.
That's what happens when you re-quote a broken quote. Not to worry, I should have it figured out by the time the sun rises. :banghead:

Somehow what LE saw on the video at the advertiser pulled together the whole case, IMO, and was the last piece of the puzzle. Still I do not understand why it was not taken into their possession at once, if they had viewed it some weeks back. But at least they have it now and hopefully it tells the story of what happened that night. It may not lead to Mickey, but at least to a conviction.

I really don't believe LE would have gone ahead with murder charges at this point if they were not sure. They could have always added that charge at a later date and with aggravated kidnapping with a missing victim, they could have asked for no bail, IMO.

I really hope the rumors about GPS are true, and that they have mapped out areas to search very soon.

I have had no luck finding the stolen truck report either.

I was looking for reports from San Jacinto County for May 31, when the truck was found. No luck. There is one newspaper for the entire county. It only comes out on Thursdays, and can't be accessed over the internet. The population of the entire county is only 27,000. If you want privacy, this is the place to go.

I will never believe it was an accident. The roads were not that busy, Mickey's bike had a light, etc...

Also wasn't he in prison from 2000-2008? Or something like that? So there wouldn't be victims to come forward during that time...

And if there were any from 2008-2012 he may just not have been linked to them yet.

He was in jail for 8 yrs because he left his rape victim alive to tell the story. She recognized his voice.

So after he was released, IF he decided to begin raping again, he was going to learn from past mistakes. Do not choose women who could recognize him, and most important, do not leave them alive to tell anyone.

I still don't know if he meant to hit her as hard as he did. We do know he hit her. I honestly think she was too injured to fight back. I doubt she was aware of what was happening...concussion, unconscious, or deceased.

I think he easily scooped up her tiny frame and the damaged bike, and if she was badly injured, and not conscience, he initially maybe headed towards the hospital and then realized no matter what his "story" he would go back to jail because of his past and then drove straight to WB, threw them both in the river at WB within the hour. His recent scar may have come from impulsively ripping the bike apart with the tools he had on hand, in the wet/dark.

He is a RSO and a violent person who obviously loves fire, but it makes me curious we have not heard from any other victim since 1999? He's just not that good at hiding his bad behavior. Unless he does have a string of victims he killed. But, it's still curious to me no other sexual assault victims have come forward..do we know of any? He may have just left the bar, been mad, maybe drunk, or just avoided the checkpoint because of his altered license and not paying attention ran into her or he could have had an urge to knock MS off her bike and see if he could get her to let him drive her home/take advantage? None of his actions since that night seem very well planned, more impulsive. As for her not being found. WB seems the most likely for that to be the case. I think the easiest simplest explanation is probably the right one, over thinking and planning doesn't seem to be BSL's forte. When he tries, he makes lots of mistakes.. I think. IMO

Ma, I agree with you. This was a night gone all kinds of wrong. We know he hit her and he hit her hard. Hard enough to badly damage that back rim. That baby was hurt. And his truck was worse. He had to get rid of her and the truck then. I think he strangled that poor baby and thats why his hands and arms were all clawed up. She did not go without a fight. I think he put her right there in the WB and took those back roads home. I think those boys at the station saw the whole darned thing take place. We all know that LCG place has all kinds of video. They cannot release that video because then we'de all know. Now y'all know about all those videos down St.Landry. The Police checked those first thing. She did not get that far on down.

Somehow what LE saw on the video at the advertiser pulled together the whole case, IMO, and was the last piece of the puzzle. Still I do not understand why it was not taken into their possession at once, if they had viewed it some weeks back. But at least they have it now and hopefully it tells the story of what happened that night. It may not lead to Mickey, but at least to a conviction.

I really don't believe LE would have gone ahead with murder charges at this point if they were not sure. They could have always added that charge at a later date and with aggravated kidnapping with a missing victim, they could have asked for no bail, IMO.

I really hope the rumors about GPS are true, and that they have mapped out areas to search very soon.

I agree. But what baffles me is the advertiser is on Bertrand. Chief Craft stated they believe MS was nabbed on St Landry. So I'm wondering if the footage from the advertiser has a clear image of his truck and the persons inside of it????

Since he was so careless in not thinking about video especially, I wonder if maybe he was not "trolling" for a victim but could not resist Mickey when she just happened to be there. From what I understand about sexual predators, their "urges" take over and can even block out their common sense and usual planning at times. Otherwise I can't understand why he wouldn't stop to think that he had probably been seen on camera. I really think he just could not deny himself and figured he would do such a good job "hiding" her, that he would never be connected.

And then he saw his truck on the news and had to do a little more clean-up and hiding of evidence than he planned. I guess his truck must not have been very damaged, since he did not burn it right away.

It was after bar hours after 2am when he was out driving around looking for sex. Does anyone know if it could be possible he was drunk when he hit her and accidently killed her and panicked. He didnt want to get busted being drunk so he hid her and the evidence? People drunk do stupid things. Situations are escalated. MS was little and not wearing a helmet. It does not take a hard hit to the head to have internal bleeding and die. Look at Liam Neesons wife who was in a skiing accident and hit her head. She was taken to a hospital and felt fine. Next day she died of a head injury. I think it is possible they have evidence, DNA of Mickey inside the mobile home. Why else were they searching in and around his mobile home so hard if they were sure she was dumped in WB? IMO

No, the video from the Advertiser was reviewed 4 weeks ago which would have been around the second week of June.

No if you read the posts I wrote it explains that if the surveillance was reviewed early and another poster said LE asked all businesses to check on the 24th which is why I said a month and a half or 6 weeks ago

If her bike tire was that damaged, LE had to have found bits of broken plastic! She had a light, reflectors, and lights on her spokes that lit up. Ugh!

I agree. But what baffles me is the advertiser is on Bertrand. Chief Craft stated they believe MS was nabbed on St Landry. So I'm wondering if the footage from the advertiser has a clear image of his truck and the persons inside of it????

That is one of few possible reasons another being could of shown ms bike. I think it would be something small however because if they have been reviewing it for 4 weeks several times if it showed hard proof evidence such as MS or her bike I'm sure they would have retrieved the videos ASAP. I'm starting to think it links him alongside other videos "lurking" or driving around looking for a victim, which was believed he was doing as per the press conference.

Ma, I agree with you. This was a night gone all kinds of wrong. We know he hit her and he hit her hard. Hard enough to badly damage that back rim. That baby was hurt. And his truck was worse. He had to get rid of her and the truck then. I think he strangled that poor baby and thats why his hands and arms were all clawed up. She did not go without a fight. I think he put her right there in the WB and took those back roads home. I think those boys at the station saw the whole darned thing take place. We all know that LCG place has all kinds of video. They cannot release that video because then we'de all know. Now y'all know about all those videos down St.Landry. The Police checked those first thing. She did not get that far on down.

Is this your inside information or your opinion?

I really wish the LE and MSM didn't think we were so brain dead. We at WS woulda had this wrapped up if they released all the info :). Yes I know the perp woulda seen too. But really! We are hundreds strong against one weasel.

It was after bar hours after 2am when he was out driving around looking for sex. Does anyone know if it could be possible he was drunk when he hit her and accidently killed her and panicked. He didnt want to get busted being drunk so he hid her and the evidence? People drunk do stupid things. Situations are escalated. MS was little and not wearing a helmet. It does not take a hard hit to the head to have internal bleeding and die. Look at Liam Neesons wife who was in a skiing accident and hit her head. She was taken to a hospital and felt fine. Next day she died of a head injury. I think it is possible they have evidence, DNA of Mickey inside the mobile home. Why else were they searching in and around his mobile home so hard if they were sure she was dumped in WB? IMO

I don't know if he could be in bars, as a felon, can he?
No I do not believe this was an accident...maybe if he was someone else I might, or if he was talking to LE now I might, or if he hadn't blurred out his license or burned his truck...etc...

If her bike tire was that damaged, LE had to have found bits of broken plastic! She had a light, reflectors, and lights on her spokes that lit up. Ugh!

Not true. I have had a good long nap today and I can sit here for a good hour and pull and post numerous google links of damaged bicycles by trucks that killed and injured the rider and all you see is a bent bicycle rim. No debris, no blood. I may add them to my signature, as it is stated frequently.

I really wish the LE and MSM didn't think we were so brain dead. We at WS woulda had this wrapped up if they released all the info :). Yes I know the perp woulda seen too. But really! We are hundreds strong against one weasel.

Haha totally agree with you jenn! But i don't understand why people think that there is a conspiracy within the LE department and they believe MS was run over/hit but never admitted it? I'm not omitting this scenario in fact I'm not omitting any scenario until it is ruled out but at the same time in my mind I cannot justify the conspiracy behind the LE department. Maybe someone can clear this up for me, explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockDuck