LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was stated video from the daily advertiser was given to LE on the day of the arrest our very near to. So this video may have evidence on it ?? Wish we knew!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Is it possible that the video shows BLS pulling over in lot across from or near DA to further subdue her?

Stupid question. So please don't attack me for it. But if LE do find her body/remains would they not tell the public for a certain time? Sorry don't know how it works in the USA

Is it possible that the video shows BLS pulling over in lot across from or near DA to further subdue her?

The only reason I don't think that us bc of what the chief said in the q&a after the presser about where they think he kidnapped her.

Stupid question. So please don't attack me for it. But if LE do find her body/remains would they not tell the public for a certain time? Sorry don't know how it works in the USA

I think they'll let us know. They'll never be able to keep a wrap on it even if they wanted to.

Not stupid at all. Typically they won't tell the public until after family if informed so that they don't find out from watching the news. After that, while LE does keep much evidence from the public eye, not so much with the fact that a victim's remains have been found. At least that's my take on it.

I thought someone up thread provided a statement from someone from the Advertiser indicating they had previously viewed the videos and that they were simply taking physical possession of it on the day BSL was arrested.

That is weird, the post you quoted says it was mine, but it wasn't mine...:waitasec:
Wait this was not the post I was quoting either...maybe it is me, but something is going on with the quoting...

They would not be able to hold back long in announcing if they had found her, if at all. We often hear of bodies being found before they are identified, so not sure they would hold back the fact that a body was found, or could, even if they wanted to, due to presence of crime scene vans, medical examiners, etc...

Yeah going back just after 2 posts from who is was the names were changing, the DNs virus was set to hit us at 2pm here so that's when it was maybe had something to do with that?

That is weird, the post you quoted says it was mine, but it wasn't mine...:waitasec:

And what's weird is what you quoted was from me but on my computer at least it was being attributed to aussie. Not a computer person here, so unsure how or why it is misquoting things or who was being quoted.

Goodbye, Sunday...Hello, Monday!
Goodnight to all

-Nola

Probally all the systems are out due to the dns virus

nah.. it's happened before! Just hi lite and copy the post you want to quote! It will clear up in an hour or so... it happened last month too! No Worries mate!

I'm assuming this in reference to The Advertiser's footage. One of the editors posted a comment in relation to your question. He said the police had been by to review the video several times after they were notified 4 weeks earlier. But, they picked it up that morning. According to my recall.

Yes, this is correct.

don't apologize. yes The Advertiser's printing building is on Bertrand and they gave the police new footage on the morning of the arrest. So we are speculating that the footage of Betrand shows BSL with Mickey's bike in the bed of his truck and or her in the passenger side maybe.

i think it was the morning of the arrest. someone correct me if i'm wrong

When I read that article in the Advertiser, one of the comments was from a reporter. He said that the video had been shown to LE early in the investigation, and they had been to the Advertiser a few more times to look at it again. IIRC

LOL! Well if this was handed in a month and a half earlier when it happened, they could of caught bsl before he had the chance to destroy evidence for example the burning of the truck and everything else that is evidence that is unknown to the public! Why I'm asking what the story behind taking so long from the advertiser if the police had made a statement asking for cameras to be checked, the way I look at it bad form. But before I judge I'd like to know why it took so long

No, because 4 weeks ago would have been around the second week of June and he had already burned the truck before then.

Hey Aussie Girl,
Not sure if this helps, but initially businesses were asked to review their surveillance tapes to look for Mickey riding her black bike. LE was trying to determine her route home that night. Maybe they (The Advertiser) did that, but didn't realize at the time (no one did) that a white Z71 would become the bigger focus. JMO, but I imagine that some time later when the driver of the white truck didn't come forward, the TA tape reviewers decided to look again to see if the DWT was seen by their camera.

Yes, you are correct.

I thought someone up thread provided a statement from someone from the Advertiser indicating they had previously viewed the videos and that they were simply taking physical possession of it on the day BSL was arrested.

Yes, this is right.

Unless I have missed it, I don't think we know where he reported it stolen from and therefore don't know what that person(s) say about it. I would hope LE has that information and have spoken to them. I know I have looked for a stolen vehicle report in Montgomery County from 5/19 forward with no success. As to where he had been there, the best I have seen is posters indicating his employer has offices in Houston as a possibility and apparently some FB connections from Spring Texas, which would be my guess as to his excuse for being in Texas, but that's purely a guess.

I have had no luck finding the stolen truck report either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member